The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"There WAS a TC for Jenna"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SouperStar 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-19-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SouperStar Click to send private message to SouperStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"There WAS a TC for Jenna"
The first shot of Mogo Mogo's camp in Ep4 when they are cleaning up after the storm, you can see the torches in the background over ShiiAnn's shoulder, and then next to Colby as he brings in water.

Even if Sleek confessed ........

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Definitely Torches... IceCat 02-19-04 1
   RE: Definitely Torches... smokedog 02-20-04 2
       RE: Definitely Torches... Get Bent 02-20-04 3
   RE: Definitely Torches... SouperStar 02-20-04 6
 RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna Risti 02-20-04 4
   RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna samboohoo 02-20-04 5
       RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna VerucaSalt 02-20-04 7
           RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna aethelstan 02-20-04 9
               RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna FrogPrincess 02-20-04 11
                   RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna aethelstan 02-20-04 12
 RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna Brownroach 02-20-04 8
 RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna Blow by Blow 02-20-04 10
 RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna blacknwhitedog 02-20-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-04, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Definitely Torches..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-04 AT 10:27 PM (EST)

No doubt about it...

I could only see 4 torches... maybe this shot is out of sequence and comes after the first real TC and either Hatch or Shii Ann has been booted as Kathy, Lex and Colby are the only ones visible in the sequence.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-20-04, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Definitely Torches..."
And, FWIW, in the CBS official site under 'voting history' (when you go into the bio stuff), it says tribal council was cancelled in episode 3. Unreliable? Sure, but it could point towards a shot out of sequence as well.

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-20-04, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Definitely Torches..."
I wish CBS was better about editing based on days. They do it for ratings, but for us who follow the game, it sucks. I don't think the presence of torches means anything right now.

However, from what I have read on this site, MB and the editors do take some latitude with edits from day to day. But if Mogo Mogo doesn't lose the next immunity challenge (or the new Mogo Mogo), then there must have been an TC that we didn't see at all. We all know Jenna opted not to have one. But it is possible they did have one without her anyway. It was implied otherwise, but stranger things have happened.

SouperStar 156 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SouperStar Click to send private message to SouperStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Definitely Torches..."
>LAST EDITED ON 02-19-04
>AT 10:27 PM (EST)

>
>I could only see 4 torches... maybe this shot is out
>of sequence and comes after the first real TC
>

This is the speculation at Sucks where they have posted some vidcaps. I see 5 stems in the photos, but the debate there rages over 4 or 5. Shii Ann is in a vidcap with the torches so they speculate if only 4 Rich is gone. But that removes the semi-merge that is also expected for Ep 5.

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna"
Perhaps there was a 'symbolic tribal council', but it didn't produce any real drama? I mean, MB had alot going on in this episode(despite the lack of "real" challenges, I know I was surprised when I glanced at my clock and realized they wouldn't have time to do a tribal council. If MB was able to get all the drama he needed from other shots, and the faux tribal council was just boring, then I can see him editing it out.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna"
Agree. When Osten quit last season, he told everyone to vote him out -- Jeff didn't officially know until TC time. With Jenna, she quit at the IC and all the drama played out there, including her departure. She indicated she couldn't make it to TC. There was no need to show the TC since Jenna had already left.

Samboohoo

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-20-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna"
From SS:

TVGuide.com Insider has Jenna stating:

Quote:
One thing I do know is that my torch has never been snuffed on Survivor. So unless another winner wins this , I'll be the only person whose torch was never snuffed.

Not that that really means anything but she apparently believes her torch was never "snuffed"

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-20-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna"
She's wrong though as Vee and Brian have never had their torches snuffed. Likewise, there is no snuffing of the torches of those who finish second.

Still, her torch was never lit in this game (no prior TC) so they can't have snuffed it, only 'left it unlit'

© Kittyloaf Creations, 2004
Winter has left me adrift...

FrogPrincess 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-20-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FrogPrincess Click to send private message to FrogPrincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna"
>Likewise, there
>is no snuffing of the
>torches of those who finish
>second.

Are you sure? i thought during the reunions after they announce the winner there's always a little shot of Jeffy snuffing the last torch.

"Be the Froot Loop in a bowl of Cheerios"

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-20-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna"
Nope. I'm not sure at all. I was just assuming. Dangerous, I know.

© Kittyloaf Creations, 2004
Winter has left me adrift...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna"
Lest we forget...from way back when, one of the most solid pieces of info that came from Wezzie and Quartzeye at Sucks was that there was a tribal council on what should have been day 8 of the game schedule. *That* was what first fueled the speculation (which turned out to be accurate) about when Jenna M would quit.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-20-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna"
I suppose it's entirely possible that Mogo Mogo was given their torches after Jenna left without going to a TC. Who knows, maybe MB thinks torches are handy to have around camp.
-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: There WAS a TC for Jenna"
Here's the vid cap from SUCKS

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •