The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Home Depot's Return Policy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-17-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Home Depot's Return Policy"
Just a question.

After watching episode 3 again I couldn’t help wonder what has happen to the tools that the tribes received to build their shelters. In order to keep conditions so tough, I would assume that EPMB would have the tools returned and leave each tribe with as little as possible. I watched to see if Jeffy or the contractor or someone else picked up the tools…there was no clear evidence of that happening. Later in the episode there is a shot of Ethan sitting on the Home Depot box that the tools came in.

In order to be fair and all that, the reward challenge was to only 24 hours. So maybe the tools were picked up then. Or maybe they were not picked up at all. I plan on watching the episode again and the following episodes to see of any tools are lying around. It looks like after the next storm all the shelters may need some repair work. It will be interesting to see if they have any tools for the work.

What are your ideas? Has the been discussed else ware. I did a quick search and didn’t see anything. Could this play factor down the road? We will have to wait and see.

TenPin

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intellegent, but the most responsive to change."
Charles Darwin

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Home Depot's Return Policy and RC s... JohnMc 02-17-04 1
   RE: Home Depot's Return Policy and ... Devious Weasel 02-17-04 2
       RE: Home Depot's Return Policy and ... Outfrontgirl 02-17-04 3
           RE: Home Depot's Return Policy and ... dabo 02-17-04 4
 RE: Home Depot's Return Policy Get Bent 02-18-04 5
 I tottaly agree arturbars 02-18-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-17-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Home Depot's Return Policy and RC strategy"
Not that this matters much in terms of spoiling as it does game playing, but if they knew that the tools were going to be taken away after a day, you'd have thought that they would continue building things up until the very end. For example, if Mogo2 had decided to actually put in the coconut phone, then that would give them that much extra string should they need it later. Or if Sabotage had decided to build a guys hut and a girls hut, then at least they would have had the materials to rebuild later.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-17-04, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Home Depot's Return Policy and RC strategy"
That's a good point - put as much extra material into your shelter as you possibly can in the hope that you could reuse some of them later on. Nails and string could make a better spear, for example.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-04, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Home Depot's Return Policy and RC strategy"
My take on it was that EPM found a way to give them a bunch of survival stuff as part of an RC to counteract the fact that they were all sucking at surviving with the bare minimums they were given.

First he hypes that they get less than ever before, then he gives them as many tools as Swiss Family Robinson got off their boat ...

I doubt CBS is going to be returning any tools to Home Depot (which they could only do if the tools were unused and in the original packaging), but they sure are banking the ad money from Home Depot, the first ad after the RC I think. Talk about product placement. I know, that's more of a Bashers topic.

All those not on TV have only themselves to blame ~ Jackson Browne

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-04, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Home Depot's Return Policy and RC strategy"
Next thing you know he'll wreck an entire ship on the rocks and have them Robinson Crusoe as much supplies as they can before it gets broken up in the surf. It's just a matter of finding a sponsor.

I kinda hope he did leave them those supplies, Saboga may need to build a new shelter after this week.

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-18-04, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Home Depot's Return Policy"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-04 AT 00:44 AM (EST)

My theory, they kept them. It should be obvious one way or the other after Thursday. With Sabotage (love the name!) having a Wipe Out, and the others suffering in the same storm, repairs will definately be needed. Since they are advertising the wipe out, they will have to show the aftermath, and we should then see the HOME DEPOT tools (or not).

Edited to add: By the way, I do think this has to do with spoiling. I recently recieved an education from a long time spoiler that spoiling every little tidbit in the show is the goal. And this fits in that category. Plus, if they don't have tools, and Sabotage has a wipe out and cannot rebuild in a timely fashion, that could play into the game. And later, when we see something in a vid cap for future episodes, and see a tool, we would know for sure where it came from once we answered your question. Therefore we would not speculate on where that tool came from, if it was from a new reward, etc.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-18-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "I tottaly agree"
This would be completley rediculous if they let them to keep the tools!

I thought these guys were the best of the best? And this was the toughest Survivor ever? First, they gave them flint (might have as well gave them matches and a tank of gas). Then they give them rice (given they have not open it yet). And now enough tools to build a freaking palace and a cruiship....

Just not fare - I say - Let them suffer!!!

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •