The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"These women need so much more than SO"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

LovetowatchSO 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-19-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LovetowatchSO Click to send private message to LovetowatchSO Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"These women need so much more than SO"
I love to watch SO, hence my screenname; but as a Christian I get really frustrated watching them beat these same issues to death. I have been molested, I was abused, I have had an ileostomy surgery due to my 21 yr. history of Crohn's Disease. My huisband left me and my daughter after 10 years. I used to go to counslers and talk these issues to death. But it wasn't until I accepted Christ years ago that I really changed through Him. I am glad that these women have somewhere to go to get healing but this will not fully solve these problems. Look at Allison. She is a perfect example of what I mean.

You can only cry so much, talk so much, get mad so much....All of that is never going to fully heal you. I hope that these women will someday be led to the Lord who is thee Great Healer once and for all.

I am sure I will get a lot of flack for this post but, that's okay by me.
I have watched SO for 2 seasons and have been wanting to share this for quite awhile.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: These women need so much more t... yankeesuk 11-19-05 1
   RE: These women need so much more t... horsewhisperer 11-19-05 4
 RE: These women need so much more t... jaymcee 11-19-05 2
 RE: These women need so much more t... EnfanTerrible 11-19-05 3
   RE: These women need so much more t... wholovesyou 11-19-05 5
       RE: These women need so much more t... tendr 11-19-05 6
           RE: These women need so much more t... LovetowatchSO 11-19-05 8
               RE: These women need so much more t... azsk8fan 11-19-05 10
                   RE: These women need so much more t... Nann 11-21-05 19
               RE: These women need so much more t... azsk8fan 11-19-05 14
                   Don't Read the Thread If You Don't ... Nann 11-21-05 21
       RE: These women need so much more t... EnfanTerrible 11-19-05 7
           RE: These women need so much more t... wholovesyou 11-19-05 9
               RE: These women need so much more t... ltlfighter 11-19-05 11
                   RE: These women need so much more t... LovetowatchSO 11-19-05 12
                       RE: These women need so much more t... azsk8fan 11-19-05 13
                       RE: These women need so much more t... radcris 11-20-05 15
                           RE: These women need so much more t... thebutterflyeffect 11-21-05 25
                               RE: These women need so much more t... Nann 11-21-05 26
                       RE: These women need so much more t... EnfanTerrible 11-20-05 16
                   SO House Devoid of Religion Nann 11-21-05 22
                       RE: SO House Devoid of Religion EnfanTerrible 11-21-05 27
 RE: These women need so much more t... Flowerpetal 11-20-05 17
   RE: These women need so much more t... Owl 11-20-05 18
   Is Iyanla Christian? Nann 11-21-05 23
 RE: These women need so much more t... Greenbev2 11-21-05 20
   Is Iyanla Christian? Nann 11-21-05 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

yankeesuk 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-19-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yankeesuk Click to send private message to yankeesuk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
As a Christian I'm sure your accepting of the fact that everyone has a different path and what works for one person may not work for another. There is no one right way to heal oneself.

Remember, most of these women are confronting their issues for the FIRST time. So, a few weeks of crying or venting is a drop in the bucket and not the same as ten years of crying and venting.

However, I do agree with you that most of the houseguests need so much more than a life coach. I often worry about some of them, particularly ones who have been abused, because I don't believe the life coaches (or even Dr. Stan) have the experience, education or knowledge of how to help.

I hope the show is responsible enough to set most of these women up with a counselor in their hometown. At the very least, I think they'll need the support transitioning from the show to real life.

horsewhisperer 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-19-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail horsewhisperer Click to send private message to horsewhisperer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
Yes, yankeesuck (love that), I spent many years working to help abused children and adults. The women of the starting over house need intensive psychotherapy. Many of the assignments are rediculous at best, and damaging at worst. I am concerned about this particular group of women. SO is not an appropriate place for them to be. Shame on SO for exploiting women for the sake of ratings.

jaymcee 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jaymcee Click to send private message to jaymcee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
Well, I don't know, but maybe next season, Jesus Christ, himself, can be a life coach upstaging Rhonda's and Iyanla's antics, working all sorts of miracles..so much so the house is no longer needed...freeing up an hour in my life each day to....pray.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-19-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-05 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

We are not allowed to bash each other here, so it should stay civilized. I prefer to spend my time praying as opposed to trying to get others to join me, but like the nice person above stated, we all find our own path.

The show does do a little bit of faith-based stuff like prayer to an unnamed entity (The Universe) But I would be uncomfortable with more than that because I don't care for organized religion.

wholovesyou 66 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wholovesyou Click to send private message to wholovesyou Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
EfanBEBOTerrible,

I am just curious why you believe it is your job to point out when you think others are bashing someone. In this last instance, I do not see where any bashing took place.
I don't think it's your job to BEBO bash anyone. However, no offense.

tendr 61 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tendr Click to send private message to tendr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
if we acted like Christ, there'd be no fighting about anything in here and no bashing the ladies but instead an actual compassion of putting another person before ourselves.ya think?

11-19-05, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LovetowatchSO Click to send private message to LovetowatchSO Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
I appreciate your posts, my point is that although therapy has it's place and can be helpful, it really can't get in down deep into the true "root" of our problems. The reason why we continue to suffer is that we all have a "God-shaped hole" that as we are seperated from Christ we try to fill it with anything and everything. Like excessive amounts of therapy, shopping, smoking, drinking, gambling, drugs, sex, eating, pretty much anything. And yes, we feel better for a little while and then those issues and that void pops up again. I know because I have experienced all of these symptoms. And I have seen many come to Christ that have.
So although therapy can truly be a lifesaver, look at people like Allison, Josie, etc. who have gone above and beyond traditional therapy and yet they are still in the same place emotionally. I am sure some of you can think of friends or family in your life that are like what I am describing. They go to therapy and they have their "ah-ha" moment and then a few months later, those old demons(not literally) pop up again, haven't you ever wondered why? Or for yourself, why am I not fulfilled? It seems like I should be happy but I truly don't have that inner-peace.
That's what I am saying. Therapy like almost anything, can be in and of it self an addiction. Serving self instead of God, doesn't get you anywhere. And I myself am highly flawed, I am by no means, whatsoever, perfect, or even close. The Bible tells that we ALL fall short of the Glory of God. We all struggle with sin constantly, but when we surrender our lives to Christ; then we have that true peace and guidance and over time through Him alone; true healing.
I am glad that these women are there and hopefully on the right path. But my point is that these issues will continue to come up time and time again until they fill that hole inside with the Lord.

azsk8fan 172 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail azsk8fan Click to send private message to azsk8fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-05 AT 08:42 PM (EST)

Some people get very turned off when it comes to unsolicited religious preaching - I am one of those people. Whatever ones religious or non-religious beliefs are I simply say "to each his own" however I really don't like it when people start spouting their religion on a board that supposedly has nothing to do with religion. I'm sure there are many religion boards to participate on and sharing your story there might be more appropriate. To suggest that one needs to find the Lord is very presumptious of anyone to do simply because it is intrusive. Whatever a person chooses to do when it comes to religion should be private - most people are smart enough to know that religion is out there and IF they want it then THEY can seek it out - there's nothing more annoying, to me, than an unsolicited bible thumper.

Nann 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-21-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nann Click to send private message to Nann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
Why are you bashing the Christian who started this thread? If you don't want to hear her Christian "Bible thumping" why post in a thread that obviously states in the first few sentences, "I am a Christian"??? You can bet that she will be giving her Christian opinion of why "These women need so much more than SO".

From the message board it is obvious that this thread contains Christian opinion and topics. Part of the Christian faith is sharing that faith with others.

If you don't like it don't listen, walk away, don't respond. In other words why did you even post at all, why are you here, except to bash the Christian who started this thread? - IlovetowatchSO.???

Your own actions and words don't make sense.

11-19-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail azsk8fan Click to send private message to azsk8fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
>I appreciate your posts, my point
>is that although therapy has
>it's place and can be
>helpful, it really can't get
>in down deep into the
>true "root" of our problems.
>The reason why we continue
>to suffer is that we
>all have a "God-shaped hole"
>that as we are seperated
>from Christ we try to
>fill it with anything
>and everything. Like excessive amounts
>of therapy, shopping, smoking, drinking,
>gambling, drugs, sex, eating, pretty
>much anything. And yes, we
>feel better for a little
>while and then those issues
>and that void pops up
>again. I know because I
>have experienced all of these
>symptoms. And I have seen
>many come to Christ that
>have.
>So although therapy can truly be
>a lifesaver, look at people
>like Allison, Josie, etc. who
>have gone above and beyond
>traditional therapy and yet they
>are still in the same
>place emotionally. I am sure
>some of you can think
>of friends or family in
>your life that are like
>what I am describing. They
>go to therapy and they
>have their "ah-ha" moment and
>then a few months later,
>those old demons(not literally) pop
>up again, haven't you ever
>wondered why? Or for yourself,
>why am I not fulfilled?
>It seems like I should
>be happy but I truly
>don't have that inner-peace.
>That's what I am saying. Therapy
>like almost anything, can be
>in and of it self
>an addiction. Serving self instead
>of God, doesn't get you
>anywhere. And I myself am
>highly flawed, I am by
>no means, whatsoever, perfect, or
>even close. The Bible tells
>that we ALL fall short
>of the Glory of God.
>We all struggle with sin
>constantly, but when we surrender
>our lives to Christ; then
>we have that true peace
>and guidance and over time
>through Him alone; true healing.
>
>I am glad that these women
>are there and hopefully on
>the right path. But my
>point is that these issues
>will continue to come up
>time and time again until
>they fill that hole inside
>with the Lord.

If this doesn't sound like a sermon then I don't know what WOULD constitute a sermon - offering conjecture that maybe these women need more than what the LC can give them is one thing but when you start to write that because someone eats , smokes,gambles, has sex, too much etc. that they are trying to fill some kind of 'God-shaped hole' that certainly sounds like preaching to me and it doesn't belong on this board, at least not IMHO - but you're right - I will, from this point on refrain from reading your posts as I CHOOSE to simply talk about the SO House and all it's goings on without having someone give me an armchair diagnosis about the excesses in my life.

11-21-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nann Click to send private message to Nann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Don't Read the Thread If You Don't Want a Sermon!"
Hey, this is America and there is a very high percentage of the population of America (and the world) who DO like Sermons and go to church to hear their pastor's Sermon every Sunday!

Yeah, and this is America and Americans have Freedom of Speech --and Freedom of Religion -- do you want to argue that or deny another American that???

This poster doesn't offer conjecture, she offers her opinion based on her life experience. There is also nothing wrong with preaching, the same as there is nothing wrong with a Sermon. Being a Preacher is the life occupation of many good people.

For some reason the Christian bashers just can't resist reading the entire thread of the Christian poster "IlovetowatchSO" and SQUAWKING!

11-19-05, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
>EfanBEBOTerrible,
>
>I am just curious why you
>believe it is your job
>to point out when you
>think others are bashing someone.
> In this last instance,
>I do not see where
>any bashing took place.
>I don't think it's your job
>to BEBO bash anyone.
>However, no offense.

Despite your personal attack, I will answer your question. The OP was worried she might get flak for her post and I assured her she probably will not.

wholovesyou 66 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wholovesyou Click to send private message to wholovesyou Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
EfanTerrible...it was not my intention to personally attack you, however, if that's the way you see it, I sincerely do apologize. I am sorry.

ltlfighter 173 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ltlfighter Click to send private message to ltlfighter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
I have to say, being on the S.O. boards I'm really surprised to see such a serious religious slant to the discussion. I have to
agree, that religion is a very personal issue and this is probably not the best forum for that discussion.

11-19-05, 10:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
I am sorry that I offended anyone. I feel that what I did post (in my opinion) does have to do with SO. I am just looking at the bigger picture instead of looking at the day to day stuff that we usually talk about.
I do love the show and I do enjoy reading the boards as well.
And just for the record, I am not talking about "religion" per say, I was talking about a relationship with Christ.
But, I am sorry, forgive me; but I do have to ask, if "unsolicited religious advice" bothers you, why then did you read my post? I think you could see from the original post that it was about Christ, so how come you took the time to read it?

I am not being sarcastic, I was just wondering.......
Thanks for indulging me

11-19-05, 11:51 PM (EST)
13. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
Your original post stated that the women needed so much more than SO......... that could be taken to mean many things (like maybe some REAL psychiatric help) besides just meaning that they need Christ in their life -

radcris 8 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-05, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail radcris Click to send private message to radcris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
I agree with you that there is never true healing and peace without a relationship with Christ.

As far as religion being "private", I think that's a dangerous path. It can lead to the extremes of places like the former Soviet Union (not in all of its aspects, just in regards to religion) i.e. "you can believe what you want, but you can't talk about it". Freedom of religion means we do have freedom to talk about what we believe. Of course, it is up to each person to choose what they will follow, and in that, it is *personal*, but it doesn't have to be private.

thebutterflyeffect 87 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thebutterflyeffect Click to send private message to thebutterflyeffect Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
Funny...we Buddhists feel the same way about The Great One. We just don't think it is necessary to cram our dogma down other's unwilling throats.

Jesus Christ is not the only path to a spriritually healthy and fulfilling life. There are billions of Hindus and Buddhists who leave your average American Christian in the dust as far as spiritual enlightenment and inner peace are concerned. Have you ever witnessed a Buddhist monk meditate? It's a beautiful and moving thing to see.

Sometimes I think that Woody Allen was right: if Jesus were around today to see what was being said and done in His name, He would never stop throwing up.

11-21-05, 06:47 PM (EST)
26. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
Funny...no Christian on this thread used derogatory terms to describe anyone else talking about their religion, or Buhhda or Mohammed, or Confucious for that matter, but you do.

Who is "cramming" anything on you when you willingly are reading a thread with subject matter by a Christian? Please.

Woody Allen is Jewish and knows next to nothing about Christ.

11-20-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
16. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
>And just for the record, I
>am not talking about "religion"
>per say, (sic) I was talking
>about a relationship with Christ.
>

One and the same, darlin'

11-21-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
22. "SO House Devoid of Religion"
I disagree. Religion supports a person's journey though life, whatever form that religion takes. Since religion is a huge part of people's lives in the world, it is appropriate to how it relates to women's psychological and social problems. I am wondering why the SO House is devoid of the topic of religion. Possibly network industry standards.

11-21-05, 07:03 PM (EST)
27. "RE: SO House Devoid of Religion"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-05 AT 07:04 PM (EST)

>I disagree. Religion supports a person's
>journey though life, whatever form
>that religion takes. Since religion
>is a huge part of
>people's lives in the world,
>it is appropriate to how
>it relates to women's psychological
>and social problems. I am
>wondering why the SO House
>is devoid of the topic
>of religion. Possibly network industry
>standards.

Iyanla has some of them praying, in a Universalist way. She did it with Jill just recently.

Flowerpetal 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-20-05, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpetal Click to send private message to Flowerpetal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
I may be wrong, but Iyanla does not seem to be "Christian" yet she has overcome a great deal in her life and has moved on and become very successful without attributing anything to Christ.

The reason why I say that is that she uses certain words or phrases that I don't believe are in a "Christian's" vocabulary.

In addition, this past year I have been exposed to a different side of *spirituality*, if you will, that does not have Christ in it at all, and yet the people I've met have the same qualities that one might find in those who profess to be Christians. This is brought me to start more exploration in my life as to the deeper meaning of life and what it means to be human.

Owl 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-05, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Owl Click to send private message to Owl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
your quote:> This is brought me to start more exploration in my life as to the deeper meaning of life and what it means to be human.

I agree! Isn't it great to know you have a choice to be guilt free and without the belief that God only hears prayers from a person of a certain religion!
Bravo! Keep expanding your human-self, your soul knows the way!

your quote:> the same qualities that one might find in those who profess to be Christians.

I hear you loud and clear!

Bright Blessings To All
/<">\ .... Owl

11-21-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
23. "Is Iyanla Christian? "
I don't think it is appropriate to speak for Iyanla, whether she follows the Christian faith or not. I do know that in her book, "Faith in the Valley" she continually mentions God, angels, Eden, beacon of light, the valley, faith, etc. And says, "To God, My Father, My Mother, the spirit through which I live. I continue to surrender my will, my way, the fear that I won't do it right, on time, or in a way that makes people happy. Finally, I understand that God Is Enough!"

She also in the Acknowledgments at the beginning of the book lists Reverend Dr. Fernette Nichols, "whose sermons on tape kept me grounded and in the spirit during my labor to birth this book."

Iyanla is also an Ordained Minister.

Greenbev2 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Greenbev2 Click to send private message to Greenbev2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: These women need so much more than SO"
I have a different perspective. We are watching a process not a cure or solution. Remember these women bring a lifetime of trauma to a 6-9 week process. We see the highlights, not the entirety of what goes on and, let us not forget, this is a daytime dramatic show. I was shocked to discover that in the real world it is consider to be a soap opera. As a spiritually centered individual, I too wonder why there isn't more prayer more stillness more faith. I appreciate some of the spiritual direction I hear often in IY's approach. In fact, I often hear scripture, Qu'ran and A Course of Miracles in her speaking. It is most unfortunate that what she says is dismissed as drama. Then again, it reveals to me how we hate but create drama and how we consider what is true and real insignificant. My prayer is that no matter what it looks like, in the end the women will have a better understanding of themselves and the process of living.

11-21-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
24. "Is Iyanla Christian?"
In her book, "Faith in the Valley" Iyanla speaks of "God the Creator, the Holy Spirit, the Bible, the Psalms, and biblical characters, Zebedee, Jabez, etc. She mentions the Reverend Willie Wilson of Union Temple Church in Washington, D.C.

Iyanla says, "Throughout this book I have used the terms God, Spirit, S/he, Her/Him. This was my attempt to cover all bases. Do not let the terms I have used confuse, or turn you off. That's the mind, the ego, more resistance. Please feel free to use whatever names, phrases, or titles you are comfortable with. As a matter of fact, take out your red magic marker right now and change any or every term that makes you uncomfortable. Let me be the first to say, I will in no way be offended."

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •