The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Reports from Other Site"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-12-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Reports from Other Site"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 03:49 PM (EST)

And that title? Should read "Reports from Other Sites." Stupid lack of an "s".

Haven't seen one of these started yet and thought I'd do it myself. It may seem like a foregone conclusion this week, but you never know.

Yet another Jslice masterpiece!
"If there's one thing that I learned while waiting for my turn,
Is that in each life some rain falls, but you also get some sun." -- John Popper

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Snewser says.... ExInterper 02-12-04 1
   RE: Snewser says.... PepeLePew13 02-12-04 5
       RE: Snewser says.... Brownroach 02-12-04 7
   Checkmark in pla... Brownroach 02-12-04 17
       RE: Checkmark in... volsfan 02-12-04 18
 RE: Reports from Other Site okaloosajohn 02-12-04 2
 Acme Brain Trust Bebo 02-12-04 3
 RE: Reports from Other Site queencityfan 02-12-04 4
   RE: Reports from Other Site ExInterper 02-12-04 11
 CBS buckeyegirl 02-12-04 6
   RE: CBS PepeLePew13 02-12-04 8
   RE: CBS strid333 02-12-04 14
 RE: Reports from Other Site NightScribe 02-12-04 9
   RE: Reports from Other Site okaloosajohn 02-12-04 10
       RE: Reports from Other Site bdemoney 02-12-04 12
   RE: Reports from Other Site volsfan 02-12-04 13
       RE: Reports from Other Site Blow by Blow 02-12-04 15
   RE: Reports from Other Site SurvivorBlows 02-12-04 16
       RE: Reports from Other Site Shereebie 02-12-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-12-04, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Snewser says...."
And so, being a true DAW and not wanting this to appear in text on the main page, I'll respond first to my own thread. Heh.

He says JennaM, but no checkmark. Yet.

What a shocker, huh?

Is that in each life some rain falls, but you also get some sun." -- John Popper

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-12-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Snewser says...."
You learn fast, young grasshopper... be a true DAW!

I think Snewser's just a little slow in getting the codes into order -- he did it last week as well where he had the checkmark up first, and then the name came a few mins later. This time, it seems it's the other way around.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Snewser says...."
I just hope he doesn't change it to Lillian at the last minute, then we're all screwed.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Checkmark in place now"

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Checkmark in place now"
Thanks BR! You are everywhere! Your fingers must fly across your keyboard!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-12-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Reports from Other Site"
It looks unanimous to me:

Here are the Across The Board Picks from Acme:

Across the Board Picks - Week 3

Survivor Boards

MeSS Hall Tribal Council Boot: Jenna M IC: None RC: Chapera
Realiiity Boot: Jenna M IC: Symbolic RC: Chapera
Survivor Blows Boot: Jenna M
Survivor Chatter Boot: Jenna M IC: None RC: Chapera
Survivor Sucks Spoilers Boot: Jenna M
Voted Off Boot: Jenna M IC: Symbolic IC: Chapera

Survivor Sites

Survivor News.Net Boot: Jenna M
Survivor Network Boot: Jenna M IC: None RC: Chapera
Survivor Fever Boot: Jenna M
Survivor-Central Boot: Jenna M

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Acme Brain Trust"
http://www.acmebraintrust.com/index.php?page=477&parent=50

RC: Chapera
IC: Postponed
Bye Jenna M.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

queencityfan 123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-12-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail queencityfan Click to send private message to queencityfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Reports from Other Site"
I'm just glad he finally put her name on the list, I was way too refreshed,need more work to do today I quess.

Will you be doing your great play by play tonight?

02-12-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Reports from Other Site"
Aw shucks...I hope to be able to do play by play tonight (using the adjective "great" is something I'll leave to others). The only thing that may get in the way is that I'm supposed to have a drink or two with a couple of friends who are going out of town tomorrow and are going to miss my birthday. I don't think they're going to want to go until at least 9, but if not....

In any event, I hope I'll be here. And thanks for the endorsement.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "CBS"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

Those people must not spoil at ALL. The GV has:
Susan in first with 28 percent of the votes, and Richard in second with 21 percent of the votes.

-edited for grammartical reasons. I really need to use the preview key more. RMMW!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS"
Yep, don't forget that this is the casual viewer who wouldn't have heard about the news of Jenna's mom -- that kind of news wouldn't be put into the newspapers outside of the local Pittsburgh area and wouldn't be reported on TV news.

Hence, CBS can hype it up as "shocking" news that is going to happen in tonight's episode ... because the casual viewer doesn't know about Jenna's mom. MB isn't going to change things just for us spoilers who only make up a small percentage of the general viewership.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-12-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: CBS"
Yeah, the general voting public on the CBS website, IMHO, tend to vote for who they want to see go first (and the Sole Survivor is who they want to win). Typically is the the person was a jerk the week before, they think that that person is gone next with absolutely no consideration of who will win the the IC. Lots of people thought Rupert would win in the previous Survivor even though there was no way because he was loved too much.

For the record, I wanted Rupert to win but wasn't sad when Sandra won last season.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-12-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Reports from Other Site"
I think it's interesting that all of these sites are assuming there is no IC. What is leading them to this conclusion, lack of vidcaps? If so, I think this is an erroneous assumption. We've seen it before -- hide the IC or RC in order to keep a larger secret, like a swap or early/late merger.

We get some sketchy info that Jenna quits in the middle of a challenge, "shocking everybody." So folks assume this is the RC, and instead of holding an immunity challenge, we're treated to a shocking final fifteen minutes. I have a real problem with this.

First, why in the world would Jenna quit in the middle of an SOS RC? I can't see anything about an SOS challenge that would put her over the edge, make her walk out on it. Second, since this challenge is held on the tribes' individual beach, the other tribes would not be around to see her quit; therefore, it wouldn't be shocking to anyone other than Mogo Mogo.

So, I propose that there is an immunity challenge -- probably a very physical one. Perhaps Jenna at some point overheard that there is a plan to get rid of her; disappointed by the RC loss and her impending boot (not to mention her mother's condition), Jenna quits during a very physically demanding IC.

We don't get vidcaps because it might give it away, especially if her quitting happens at the beginning of the challenge. Because she quits, Mogo automatically loses. The last fifteen minutes is probably Jenna asking to be voted out at TC.

Just my opinion, but the other scenario doesn't seem to add up, especially since the IC usually takes place around 8:30.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-12-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Reports from Other Site"
I'm thinking that maybe after the RC, they bring all three tribes together as if for an IC and make the announcement about Jenna's mother. Everybody has a chance to console Jenna, then go back to their camps for some shark wrestling/camp life/confessionals and then, either Mogo Mogo alone, or all three tribes together, go to a symbolic TC where Jenna's flame is extinguished.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-12-04, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Reports from Other Site"
All this time I had just been assuming there would be no tribal counsel since Jenna quits in the middle of a challenge, but think you might be right about them holding some sort of symbolic tc. Wish I had thought about it more before I placed my vote at SNN the other day! LOL.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Reports from Other Site"
Nightscribe,

I am in your corner in that I don't think we should just say that because we don't see vidcaps then there isn't one!

However, as I recall, during the Skupin falling into the fire bit, they told the other tribe by tree mail. So, they might not get everyone together but at least they would notify them.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-12-04, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Reports from Other Site"
I'd be really surprised if they pulled everyone together to tell them. I mean, they didn't tell Drake the circumstances around Osten's departure. I guess the only reason they'd bother telling the tribes anything is if JennaM quits before the IC.

Also, I have a really hard time seeing her quit mid-challenge. That would be weird.

-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Reports from Other Site"
Don't forget that part of the "don't miss the last 15 minutes" promo is clearly an attempt to offset NBC's "supersized" Apprentice episode that begins at 8:45PM ET/PT.

...if might not be any more complicated than that -- I remember "don't miss the FIRST/LAST 15 minutes" claims in the past that also turned out to be much ado about next to nothing.

-SB

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-12-04, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Reports from Other Site"
I can't speak for other sites, but for us (Survivor Chatter), it seemed like it would be difficult to fit an IC in tonight. We thought that it was likely that MB would try to milk Jenna's dilemma for all its worth, and between that and the RC, and then Jenna leaving, there just doesn't seem to be enough time to show all this. Then again, we are probably wrong, and know that, so it's okay. LOL!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •