The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"2nd Player to Quit??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ParkGirl 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-12-04, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ParkGirl Click to send private message to ParkGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"2nd Player to Quit??"
Although this has been brought up on previous threads, I noticed at snews that their survey this week states

"If a player simply quits (almost literally walks off the set with little warning), then...."

And since snews is adement about not sending him "crap" does anybody feel this could be a hint about the other player quitting? Usually his/her polls have some relevance to storyline. But I don't think this one has to do with Jenna's leaving.

Also the "other player quitting" was first brought up in Varners report(buried deep on page 4) but here it is...

I QUIT! ME TOO!
Inside sources tell me that Jenna Morasca leaves the game fairly early due to her mother's death. This has been widely reported. However these same sources NOW tell me that Jenna is not the only one. There is a second contestant that reaches the boiling point, throws up their hands and angrily leaves the game. The situation that produces this exit will get strong emotional reactions from everyone watching. I'm told it changes the game, therefore something that can't hit the cutting room floor. They have to show it. I'm slobbering waiting for this episode! You should be too. You'll never believe who leaves and what causes them to leave. NEVER! I could tell you, but I'd never spoil it for you!

Just thought I would throw this out! Have fun with it or lock it, but be nice. I'm already scared of "Shakes"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? PepeLePew13 02-12-04 1
 RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? anninvt2002 02-12-04 2
   RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? NightScribe 02-12-04 3
       RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? PepeLePew13 02-12-04 4
           RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? NightScribe 02-12-04 9
               RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? PepeLePew13 02-12-04 11
                   RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? aethelstan 02-12-04 19
                       RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? NightScribe 02-12-04 20
               RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? munson 02-12-04 14
                   RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? Brownroach 02-12-04 16
                       RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? munson 02-12-04 18
           Thank you Scribe and Pepe! kary1371 02-12-04 17
       RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? JazzyJax 02-12-04 8
       RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? mistofleas 02-12-04 15
   RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? Brownroach 02-12-04 5
       RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? pmspml5 02-12-04 10
           RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? TeamJoisey 02-12-04 12
           RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? PepeLePew13 02-12-04 13
   RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? TeamJoisey 02-12-04 6
 RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? ParkGirl 02-12-04 7
   RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? bdemoney 02-12-04 21
       RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? VerucaSalt 02-12-04 22
       RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? okaloosajohn 02-12-04 23
 RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? mookiemeister 02-12-04 24
 Ethan or Colby? SnowBunny 02-12-04 25
   RE: Ethan or Colby? pmspml5 02-13-04 26
       RE: Ethan or Colby? TanNymph 02-13-04 27
           RE: Ethan or Colby? bdemoney 02-13-04 28
           RE: Ethan or Colby? Brownroach 02-13-04 29
   RE: Ethan or Colby? Bebo 02-13-04 31
 RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? Brat2u 02-13-04 30
 RE: 2nd Player to Quit?? wendyp 02-13-04 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-12-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Yep, we've discussed the possibility that a second person quits in this thread -- the title of that thread probably threw you off into thinking it wasn't related.

The suggestion in that thread so far is that it's likely Colby that is the second person to quit because of a shoulder injury and/or being fed up with the way things are going.

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-12-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
"Shakes" isn't the only one you should worry about. I find it offensive at your "teasing". This is a spoiler board so if you have something to say, say it or shut up. Take it somewhere else. I admire the true spoilers and great minds that are in here, Krautboy, shakes, icecat, veruca, pepe, mistofleas, etc.....They are not afraid to say what they know.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-12-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Clearly ParkGirl is a new poster (welcome ParkGirl!), and she had some ideas to post but didn't know where. As a newbie yourself, I find it offensive that you would attempt to make her feel bad about it rather than gently reminding her of the SB guidelines found here:
<http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3679.shtml>
This isn't Sucks; we don't do this to our posters unless they flagrantly flaunt the rules. Chill out.

02-12-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Scribe's correct... there's no need to come down hard on her like that.

*waving to Scribe* It's been way too long!

02-12-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
*waving frantically to the skunk* Yes, it has been too long Pepe! But I hope to be around more this season, although I'm disappointed that so much spoiler talk is about boot lists and not so much about editing, character development, etc. Maybe later, huh?

Anyway, to keep on topic, I read somewhere that Ethan might be the second quitter; or at least that Ethan talks about it. Frankly, I will be appalled if anyone but Jenna quits. As a viewer, I can see why Jenna would want to go home, but anyone else quitting would really screw up the show. Anyone who calls themselves an ALL STAR and then quits is just a wuss IMO.

We'll see.

02-12-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
11. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
I think I would be speaking for many others here in Spoilerland that we'd be eternally grateful if someone could set up a thought-provoking thread to discuss a theory or two or about character development. I haven't been hanging out in the boot list threads very often, either.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-12-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Well said, Pepe. I second that. I've been popping in and out of Spoilers for a month and there hasn't been anything that I can sink my teeth into. Where's the pelican when we need it? And this week? the paucity of vidcaps is annoying. how can we speculate w/o any caps?

© Kittyloaf Creations, 2004
hopefully, we'll be able to get some potential merge speculation going soon.

02-12-04, 04:35 PM (EST)
20. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Oh My Heck! You said "paucity". Swoon! I think I have a new best friend.

Anyway, not to worry, I will watch tonight and post this weekend my first analysis of editing and character development. Afterall, MB's first priority isn't to hide things from us but to build a story that will make some cohesive sense through the end.

I'm staying away from the boot lists mostly because it makes me lazy in my spoiling. Back to basics for me.

hugs to all my spoiler friends!

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-12-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
You're correct, Scribe. There was speculation that Ethan would be the second quitter based on Varner's report, I believe. Some felt Ethan's departure would tie in with Rob4's promise to expose other castaway's secrets. You know, just plain get under their skin.

Colby was also the subject of some speculation here as well but I think this was the result of information provided by sleek28, for what that's worth.

The we had the JP quote that E6 was a shocker so that could be the timeline for a vlountary departure. Just seems kind of early to me.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

Just to sort it out:

Sleek28 says Ethan threatens to quit, but does not, but *does* get voted out, apparently in the same episode. He also says Colby exits gracefully (does not suggest he quits).

Varner's later comments about Ethan and Colby suggest his "second quitter" could be one of them, but not conclusively:

I've been told to look for a major pissy diva temper tantrum thrown by Africa winner Ethan Zohn. I'm told he will be very embarrassed at his behavior when America sees it.
Sources tell me "The Colbster" played the role of loner, avoiding the cameras and keeping to himself. I'm told, like others out there, his heart just wasn't in it. Was it that, or a concerted effort to avoid another layer of "reality stigma." Whatever the case, for those contestants that were rejected and would have killed for a spot, casting people who's heart wasn't into it sucks.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Thanks for the claification, BR. Having a harder and harder time keeping my Varner and sleek28s separate. Throw in a little ChillOne and I'm all in a muddle.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-12-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Thank you Scribe and Pepe!"
For all the newbies, I thank you!
I went once on sucks and saw how they come down on people for little things, but here people(like you ) are much much nicer to us!

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
I second this motion, good job with an accurate and professionally put response NightScribe! Welcome to this board ParkGirl, the guideslines are truly helpful, and don't worry, I did worse dumb stuff myself than this when I first started posting.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
See? This is why we want you around more Scribey. You say things so well. *huggle*

Welcome ParkGirl. While this has been discussed before and Pepe was kind enough to point you to the existing thread, it was uncalled for for anniv to tell you to shut up. Those of us that anniv said that he/she admired for our spoiling would never do that. Sure we may get curt once in a while but "shut up" is not a phrase we use here.

Again welcome.

--has developed thicker skin because of dumb mistakes made when she first came here (back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth)

02-12-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

anninv, you may have misunderstood -- there is no "tease" here, Park Girl is wondering if the question on Snewser's survey might have something to do with the rumored second person quitting, which, as she says, Jeff Varner reported.

Park Girl, this thread may get locked but... I think the question is purely hypothetical, it isn't a hint at anything. Though it clearly seems timed to Jenna's exit.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-12-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
waving at brownroach and pepe - - Just felt like it maybe one of you could private IM me in how to put a pic in my sign

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-12-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
This info can be found in the help forum, and might be useful to others, so here's a link.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

02-12-04, 03:36 PM (EST)
13. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
You could go and muck around in Google for an image to find something right up your alley, make sure it's at a reasonable size. (60 pixels high is the standard here -- if you've got a resizing program such as Photoshop or something else, that would be useful)

Then you can click on "Click here to upload your file" (it's in the red lettering above the box when you're posting) and make sure to click on "JPEG picture" or "GIF picture", whichever format the pic is in. Click to upload and then copy it over into here. If you decide you like the picture, then go to the lobby and click on "User" (your profile).

Actually, the great IceCat can explain it better than I can in the Help Forum, click here to see the FAQ: How Do I Add a Graphic to My Signature.

Good luck!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Perhaps you should go back and read ParkGirl's post.

She was quoting from Jeff Varner's column.

At no time does she say or imply that she is witholding any information. She does not know who this "quitter" is, and has turned to this board hoping for an answer.

You will find this at the top of every SBlows page:

As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."

It is right to fear the clown.

ParkGirl 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

Click to EMail ParkGirl Click to send private message to ParkGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Thanks Pepe (and you too NightScribe) for the thread link. Actually read it before but missed it this time.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Thanks TeamJoisey for instructions on signature pic. Just made the change so am going to see if it works and what mine will look like.

Back to the topic at hand, I am not sure if I think another player will actually quit this season. Just don't see it happening, but if so it'll probably be Ethan or Colby as many are speculating.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-12-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
bd honey, I don't see your sig pic

I had also gleaned from the mass of information (which frankly every season becomes more in quantity and less in quality but oh well) that Ethan is the one that may pull this rumored quit.

I will say this, if Jenna does NOT leave in the "fashion" that Jeff Varner states, then I would have to presume that we should take all his dramatic gossip as speculation and not fact.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Check your URL to your picture...it is not resolving.

<http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/big/money.gif>;

And don't forget the 'preview' function which lets you look at your message before you actually post it....

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-12-04, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a 2nd player who quit in the All-Star. From the look of the first two episodes, they are having a hard time with water and food. A person can only take so far without throwing in the towel and quit.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

SnowBunny 79 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBunny Click to send private message to SnowBunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Ethan or Colby?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 11:40 PM (EST)

Since this thread isn't locked (yet), I am not sure whether we should continue the discussion here or in the old one ...

Anyway, just diving in to say the editing really appears to be more of an Ethan possibility than a Colby one. Colby appears to be having a much better time than Jeff Varner may have led us to believe. Tonight's episode showed some great rapport with Lex, and more Richard jokes again.

Ethan's just cranky.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-13-04, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ethan or Colby?"
After the last two shows - I'd almost guess it was Jerry who quits. Colby just doesnt make sense to me since he is such good friends with JP.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-13-04, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ethan or Colby?"
If it's Ethan, why would he be so happy that Rupert and Jerri were arguing. "great, just what I wanted" - with big smile

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Ethan or Colby?"
I think if someone else does quit it may be Ethan. Since he and Jenna M. are rumored to be dating it's possible he may get news that her mom passed away and decide to leave the game to be with Jenna. It's a possiblity....

Also, thanks for the info. on my sig pic. I seem to have gotten the problem fixed!

02-13-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Ethan or Colby?"
If it's Ethan, he may not be thinking about quitting yet. On his tribe, Rupert is looking kind of bad at the moment because of the disastrous new shelter.

But they are going to be rearranged into two tribes very soon (probably Ep 5), and Ethan's circumstances may take a turn for the worse then.

Of Ethan and Colby, I'd lean much more toward it being Ethan. But it may not be either of them.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Ethan or Colby?"
I'm not ruling out Colby. Reports show that he had nagging problems with a collarbone and shoulder injury he had suffered in the months prior to ASS. And since he gets knocked down pretty hard in the next IC, those old injuries could get aggravated. If so, he could change his tune pretty quickly about sticking around.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
Jerri and Colby have both said they wonder why they are doing Survivor again.

Jerri has opted to change her strategy this time around and basically not be her witchy self, which is probably not an easy task. That in addition to the bad start Saboga has in comparison to the other tribes. She's already emotionally, mentally drained - it takes alot to be phoney all the time. Physically, Saboga is taking a pounding. IMO, she's going to realize she has no chance of winning ASS, even when they merge, and will walk away.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-13-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: 2nd Player to Quit??"
While I can see another player possibly quitting....to be devils advocate could all these people be misunderstanding the information from their source. maybe a source says in ASS there is a second quitter. Could they mean 2nd player in Survivor history and not a 2nd player during ASS?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •