The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-12-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Early Show"
Did anyone else catch JonnyFairplay and Gervase on the Early Show? I only saw bits and parts of it as I was in a hurry to get ready for work... so was there anything good and spoilerish?

I remember they were asked questions about Lamber and JennaL (amongst others) and asked what they thought of their performance, but I can't recall what was said.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Early Show Brownroach 02-12-04 1
   RE: The Early Show JazzyJax 02-12-04 2
       RE: The Early Show buckeyegirl 02-12-04 3
           The Early Show Transcript Get Bent 02-12-04 4
               RE: The Early Show Transcript volsfan 02-12-04 5
                   RE: The Early Show Transcript PepeLePew13 02-12-04 6
                       RE: The Early Show Transcript volsfan 02-12-04 9
                   RE: The Early Show Transcript Blow by Blow 02-12-04 7
                       RE: The Early Show Transcript Get Bent 02-12-04 8
               RE: The Early Show Transcript munson 02-12-04 10
                   RE: The Early Show Transcript Brownroach 02-12-04 11
                       My Eyes, My Eyes samboohoo 02-12-04 13
                           Sorry... Brownroach 02-12-04 14
                               Thanks, BR munson 02-12-04 15
                   RE: The Early Show Transcript Get Bent 02-12-04 12
 Just wondering... volsfan 02-12-04 16
   RE: Just wondering... okaloosajohn 02-12-04 17
       RE: Just wondering... volsfan 02-12-04 18
           RE: Just wondering... Blow by Blow 02-12-04 19
               RE: Just wondering... volsfan 02-12-04 20
                   RE: Just wondering... Blow by Blow 02-12-04 23
                   RE: Just wondering... buckeyegirl 02-12-04 25
           RE: Just wondering... okaloosajohn 02-12-04 21
               RE: Just wondering... volsfan 02-12-04 22
                   Snewser Brownroach 02-12-04 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Early Show"
I left too early to see any of it. I'm sure a transcript link will be put up on Fever or SNN eventually.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-12-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

Here's the link to the Surv. Fever story from the Early Show: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/02/11/earlyshow/series/survivor/main599738.shtml

I was going to post the story but it is long and I didn't really see anything too big in there however.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

Thanks for the link! It was an interesting read, but no real spoiler board. Did you notice the neck brace that Jon was wearing? For a spilt second I almost felt sorry for him.
Edited to add: the one interesting quote I saw was from Jon. When asked about being on ASS he replied that he couldn't do it because of his wrestling contract, but that seems a bit fishy to me as they were done filming at the PI reunion show.

A bird's eye view of your A.S.S. RMMW!

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-12-04, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The Early Show Transcript"
CBS) "Survivor: All-Stars" continues Thursday night, with an episode that promises to be full of surprises.

In an effort to handicap the hunt for the ultimate "Survivor" champ, The Early Show sought the opinions of some of the game's other greats.

Jon Dalton, from "Survivor: Pearl Islands," and Gervase Peterson, from "Survivor: Borneo," offered their takes on the current "Survivor" season Thursday morning.

The man America loved to hate on "Survivor: Pearl Islands" appeared wearing a cervical collar, pointing out that is one reason he is not in “All-Stars.”

“I have a one-year wrestling contract I need to take advantage of.” says Dalton, who has taken his "Jonny Fairplay " persona to pay-per-view wrestling for TNA (Total Nonstop Action).

Co-anchor Harry Smith says he never thought he would say it, but he misses seeing Dalton on the show. “Everybody misses me,” Dalton agrees.

Of the "All-Stars" cast, Dalton says those easily recognized as the villains are "editing themselves because they are scared of making the same mistake twice. But the island won't let you do that for long, so we'll get the real people, I think, this week."

Peterson agrees, "You can't fake it for too long," he says.

He notes the “All-Stars” game has been a bit boring for him. Richard Hatch for one, he says, is as annoying in Panama as he was in Borneo. "But it’s different this time because everybody knows what you’re about, from watching you play on the show before. So it’s, like, why would you play it that way again?”

The person who is keeping both Dalton and Peterson enthralled is Amber, whose posted odds of winning on the Internet have been as high as 100-1.

Peterson says, “Amber has a great shot, just because of the fact she’s Amber. You don’t know she’s there half the time. She’s under the radar; doesn’t offend anybody; nor gets on anybody’s nerves. She’s very quiet. Hanging out with Rob can only help you.”

Dalton agrees, but notes, “Haven’t these players learned from the past. Like, OK if you make yourself kind of quiet, everyone likes you, you’re a threat because, you know…”

Peterson interjects, “People don’t realize that until later on, when it’s too late. The crazy thing about this show is every second affects every minute of every day out there, every action of the game. Everything can be going great, I can say something to Jonny, Richard can overhear it and it blows the plan out the water. The whole game plan changed.“

Rupert, with his home-field advantage, is another player who Dalton says is playing the game well. Though Dalton admits he doesn’t like the man himself.

“Not a fan. Not a fan,” he says.

Peterson adds, “Nobody knows anything about Rupert. He’s the X-factor. Rupert can do anything he wants. He did a great deal with sticking with Rudy, not breaking his word. Jenna and everybody knows that he’s a trustworthy guy and can now stab them in the back.”

Another player they both like is Jenna Lewis. “I hated her the first time she was around. Got on my nerves, too happy all the time, a pain in my butt,” Peterson says, adding that now it is different, “I just appreciate her idea of getting rid of the winners. If you’ve won already, you’re gone. That guarantees you being there three more times.”

The obvious targets are the winners. Dalton says, “If you’re smart, you get rid of them, definitely the hardest thing is picking somebody to vote for. You don’t want to do that. That’s the easy vote. Think about it, it’s an easy excuse: You won already.”

But not all previous winners have a hard time. While Ethan struggles, Richard has been lounging.

Dalton notes, “He’s there for a free vacation on CBS’s dime.”

Peterson sees former Borneo-mates Rich and Sue as contestants just waiting to be voted off.

Next for Dalton is wrestling again next week, even though he's still suffering from his last gig - “concussion and back spasms for three weeks,” he says.

Peterson has returned to his hometown of Willingboro, N.J., and has acted in a couple of independent films. He has also been endorsing headblade.com.

©MMIV, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Early Show Transcript"
The only interesting thing I got out of the interviews were the fact that they asked specifically about Lamber and Jenna L. hhhmmmmm

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Early Show Transcript"
Yep, why these two in particular, and not Rob M. for example? Hmmm.

02-12-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Early Show Transcript"
Interesting fact too that these are the two that Snewser has flipped twice now...right?

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-12-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Early Show Transcript"
And I think we have to assume that Gervase was speaking hypothetically when he said Rich could overhear a plan he and Jon were making...

-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

02-12-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Early Show Transcript"
I was thinking G was referring to Rich overhearing Kathy and Shi Ann (?) in E1.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-12-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Early Show Transcript"
Of the "All-Stars" cast, Dalton says those easily recognized as the villains are "editing themselves because they are scared of making the same mistake twice. But the island won't let you do that for long, so we'll get the real people, I think, this week."

Well, thank goodness lil Johnny Fairplay was around to provide this bit of insight! I'd have never guessed that from watching the first two episodes!

Like he's in the loop about what's going to happen in the game. It's pretty obvious he's referring to Jerri so it looks like he saw the preview.

Good job, dickwad. Now go away.

02-12-04, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Early Show Transcript"

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "My Eyes, My Eyes"
Oh Brownroach, how could you?

Samboohoo

02-12-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
14. "Sorry..."
...I tried to keep him out of here, but he insisted on coming over to respond to munson.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Thanks, BR"
Always nice to see lil' Johnny (and I'm sure lil' is accurate in every way) actin' the idiot in full pimpin' regalia.

What we need is a Rupert-Fairplay cage match to settle this little feud that continues to fester. Rupe would lay some serious hurt on The Weasel. I'm not a wrestling fan but even I'd buy the PPV for that one.

I'll admit I love to hate this dorktard and hope if there's ever an ASS2 he's a part of it.

And I know, take it to Bashers....

02-12-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Early Show Transcript"
>Good job, dickwad. Now go
>away.

Couldn't agree more. And that picture made me cringe. Can't his 15 minutes be up already?

02-12-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
16. "Just wondering..."
Isn't it about time to start other sites pics thresd?

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Just wondering..."
Is it really necessary this week?

02-12-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Just wondering..."
I just don't want us to get to comfortable in thinking we know 100% as to what is going to happen! Remember, spoiling the spoilers. I also think it would be interesting to see if others are thinking the same as we are.

02-12-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Just wondering..."
This (yawn) has been the most boring start to a Survivor season. Traffic on the spoilers board has been almost non-existant this week. I'm sure every other site has picked JennaM this week. The only odd thing is that Snewswer hasn't put up an early check mark for this week. Maybe he's waiting to see if two people go.

-BbB

02-12-04, 02:08 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Just wondering..."
Your right about the boards being slow BbB. Last week in the East Coast thresd, I was the only one giving a play by play. It is difficult to watch and type (for me anyway), so I don't know if I will do it this week.

I do find it interesting that Snewser has not put the green check up yet!

Oh well...I guess I will just have to wait and see!

02-12-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Just wondering..."
Yeah, that was a bummer. I appreciated the east coast updates you were giving. Thinking back to S7, I actually missed most of Eps 3 and 4, so maybe there's always a drop off at this point in the game.
-BbB

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Just wondering..."
I'll help you out tonight Vols, forgot about it last week.

A bird's eye view of your A.S.S. RMMW!

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Just wondering..."
Oh, I couldn't agree more. I feel like, outside of the almost dead certainty that JennaM is gone, we know less about what is going to happen on tonight's show than we have since Snewser suckered us in on S7!!

02-12-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Just wondering..."
You are exactly right! Well, we do know that one of two things are going to happen...

With only a very quick clip of what we think is the RC and maybe no IC...

1) Jenna will quit and that will take the last segment of the show.

2) There will be an IC and a TC that will catch us all by surprise!

I guess we will see!

02-12-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
24. "Snewser"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 03:52 PM (EST)

Edited to remove message; see ExInterper's thread for Other Sites' picks.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •