The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-29-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
Has anyone else heard anything about this?

I don't watch Extra, so I didn't see it myself and I've yet to see anything show up on the news wire or Extra's own website.

Thanks,
SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... Chrissy gal 12-29-03 1
   RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... leogirl_21 12-29-03 2
   I guess his law suit was dropped to... CyberCooties 12-30-03 3
       RE: I guess his law suit was droppe... delilahj 12-30-03 5
   RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... kelli_blue 12-30-03 4
 Breakup story SurvivorBlows 12-31-03 6
   RE: Breakup story Chrissy gal 01-02-04 7
   RE: Breakup story forestforest 01-03-04 8
 RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... Tiggertramp 01-04-04 9
   RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... forestforest 01-04-04 10
       RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... Tiggertramp 01-04-04 11
           RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... forestforest 01-04-04 12
               RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... nocturnalgirl 01-06-04 13
                   At least Andrew got to screw Kriste... forestforest 01-06-04 14
                       RE: At least Andrew got to screw Kr... nocturnalgirl 01-07-04 15
                           Yep Tiggertramp 01-07-04 16
                           RE: At least Andrew got to screw Kr... ahall1077 01-07-04 17
                       Bob is nothing like Aaron! chobbs77 01-07-04 18
                       ego stroking littlemisssmartypants 01-08-04 19
                           RE: ego stroking forestforest 01-08-04 20
                               RE: ego stroking Poncho 01-08-04 21
                                   RE: ego stroking forestforest 01-08-04 22
                                   RE: ego stroking Tiggertramp 01-08-04 24
                               RE: ego stroking Chrissy gal 01-08-04 23
                                   HALLELUJAH! forestforest 01-08-04 25
                                       RE: HALLELUJAH! Chrissy gal 01-08-04 26
                                           The gentle art of self-trepanning -... forestforest 01-08-04 27
 RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... bududaddy 01-13-04 28
 RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... jomax 01-21-04 29
   RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... Poncho 01-21-04 30
       RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... Tragic 01-21-04 31
           RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... jomax 01-21-04 32
               RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup... Chrissy gal 01-21-04 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-29-03, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-29-03 AT 06:13 PM (EST)

Here's what I remember from this morning:

Bob said the break-up was his fault because he was so busy promoting his book and CD that he didn't give enough time to Estella. Estella said she had thought that Bob was "The One", but she is not mad at Bob and wishes him the best. Then Extra said that "rumors" hurt the relationship. Bob said that he was just dancing with friends at Trista & Ryan's wedding.

If you want my opinion , Bob was trying to put a good spin on a bad situation. Estella seemed very upset.

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-29-03, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
yeah I also heard about their breakup from Extra but I didn't get to see the whole feature but it seemed as if Estella was really upset about it.

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited. - Plutarch

CyberCooties 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-30-03, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I guess his law suit was dropped too? Bummer..."
Yep, I'm with that Chrissy Gal. Bob seemed to totally down play and rationalize his way through the break-up while Estella was visibly upset. I think Bob was lying to her on many levels and lead her on. Does anyone else believe in karma?

Have a good one!

delilahj 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-30-03, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail delilahj Click to send private message to delilahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I guess his law suit was dropped too? Bummer..."
I believe people often get, what they give. If Bob pursues a shallow type of a "relationship", for self-promotion; then that's what Bob can reasonably expect back from someone.

I think announcing the breakup is good for Estella. It allows her to find someone who is looking for a sincere, commited, and meaningful
relationship.

Estella, seems fabulous
and will find what she is looking for; I believe.

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-30-03, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
Sniff Sniff
So there won't be another Bachelor wedding to look forward too? Darn it, I thought they were *soulmates*. LOL!!!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-31-03, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Breakup story"
I'm not sure what's worse... breaking up over the phone like apparently Bob did, or in a Starbucks like Aaron:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2128

01-02-04, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Breakup story"
Great article SB!

forestforest 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-03-04, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forestforest Click to send private message to forestforest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Breakup story"
Bob, the slob, could at least have done what his own wife did regarding breaking-up technique. She left Bob a post-it note.
When I think of what Mrs. Bob did, I almost always grin, thinking the post-it note was a reference, somehow, to their sex life.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-04-04, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-04-04 AT 01:16 AM (EST)

This is really no surprise here is it?? Bob went on the show to promote his album/book/self/whatever, and that is all he was in it for. You know, the conversation Bob was having with his family about commitment and his fear of relationships (on the episode where the girls came to meet the family) is all too clear now. He was uncomfortable for a few reasons. Like maybe his family saw through him and saw the two beautiful women he was throwing away.

Again, I am making myself crazy way after the point of caring...why do I do this to myself??

01-04-04, 03:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forestforest Click to send private message to forestforest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
Aw, Tigger, it says good things about you that you are able to care for these champion emotional weenies. Seriously, you must have a VERY large compassion gland.

Forest, who hates Bob and wonders if he could be improved by being put through a sausage machine, grilled, and served CRISPY.

oo

01-04-04, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
You know FF?? I kinda like your thinking!! The show is compelling to watch sort of like a train derailment with a few cars and trucks that got in the way. Can;t help but stare as you drive by...that's what this whole thing is like.

Crispy....makes me giggle

01-04-04, 03:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
Well, you see, TT, it's the ancillary vehicles to the smash-up that would make Bob's crispiness an awesome matter for all aspiring cooks: A little Bob, a little batter, a little methyl acetate in the side cars -- BINGO! Bob on a stick.

But, seriously, folks. I'm so TIRED of hearing that these dodobird bachelors had discovered they "weren't really ready for a relationship yet. Nobody told THEM they'd have to make their roommates move out!" I wish one of them would come up with a fresh excuse, JUST ONCE. Excuse me -- someone's at the door.
"It's me, Bob! Don't you recognize me? Estella! Please say that looks don't matter to you. I was walking along the railroad tracks and there was this explosion . . . um, BOB. BOB GUINEY. Oh, my curls? Crisp as a Canadian two dollar bill. My nose? The splints inside it went right away as kindling. My height? What's wrong with my height? You can't burn height, for God's sake."

nocturnalgirl 11 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nocturnalgirl Click to send private message to nocturnalgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
I will not be watching any more of these Bachelor shows because it is obviously not genuine. The first 2 made jokes out of it, Andrew might have been genuine, and Bob was obviously in it just for publicity for the record. Please. He is lucky he is not being sued. I doubt people will watch it anymore now. I thought Bob was a sincere nice guy, but he is just a punk like the rest of them. None of the guys are serious about it. They just want to be on TV.

01-06-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
14. "At least Andrew got to screw Kristen . . ."
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

I'm very much afraid you're right, Nocturnalgirl.
If it's not the fleeting fame on TV, then it's what I think Aaron Buerge (Bachelor 2) got out of it: loving strokes for his ego. I think he and Bob were a lot alike: Squeeze all the self-esteem out of the women whose tonsils you've sucked dry, make them feel they are SO special to you. Offer the woman a rose and a ring and then take it all back in a month or so when you finally feel that although your tongue may be made of putty, by golly, men across America envy you. And, of course, there's always that great lift you get whenever you pass a mirror.
I'm not sure how the "fantasy overnight dates" work -- but if the couples have real privacy, then I HATE what Bob did to Mary and to Kelly Jo. KNOWING that he would not be choosing them, he nevertheless kept up the charade and had intercourse with them. THAT makes me sick. Andrew did the same thing to Tina Fabulous. AAACCCKKKKK! And, since it was so public, what about the women's reputations? Some people still care about such things.

nocturnalgirl 11 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nocturnalgirl Click to send private message to nocturnalgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: At least Andrew got to screw Kristen . . ."
My bet is the next Bachelor, if there is one, will be a ratings bomb because nobody cares anymore, now that we all know it is just a joke.

Shame on Bob. Lucky for Trista she eliminated him the first time.

01-07-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
16. "Yep"
I will watch the next bachelorette, at least the first episode. If I am too bored, then I am done. As for another bachelor? I don't think so. I would rather lurk here and read the snappy updates!

ahall1077 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-07-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ahall1077 Click to send private message to ahall1077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: At least Andrew got to screw Kristen . . ."
I completely disagree! I think the show will stay a big hit. We can't help but watch - otherwise, what would we have to talk about here, and at work, and with our friends and families?! It's nice when there's a happy ending like Trista and Ryan, but it gets boring. It's more fun when it's controversial and when there is a "bad guy." There's more to talk about, get mad about. You never know, maybe Meredith will have some weird character flaw that we never saw coming, but we will have to watch to find out. I can't wait for the next Bachelor!

chobbs77 23 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-04, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chobbs77 Click to send private message to chobbs77 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Bob is nothing like Aaron!"
I don't think Bob IS like Aaron. I remember reading that the producers had to convince Bob to do the show. I think Bob KNEW he wasn't looking for love, but maybe got caught up in the hype because he was so popular on the Bachelorette. He is human afterall. I certainly don't think he portrayed himself that well on the show - he was pretty slutty - but I do think he was honest with his family when he was so torn about even wanting to be in a relationship. I think people are coming down too hard on him. I mean, these women put themselves in the situation - it wasn't all him.

~Carrie

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-08-04, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "ego stroking"
Hi Forestforest,

I agree with some of what you said. I think that being on the Bachelor sparks a primitive urge in the men to "spread their genes." How do you go back to dating just one woman after having 25 fawning over you? Why would you stay in a monogamous relationship if women all over North America want you? I think Andrew might have been a (brief) exception, but I really don't think that the Bachelor relationships will ever work out, for that reason.

I don't know if I'll watch the next one.

Ah, who am I kidding? What else have I got to do?

01-08-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
20. "RE: ego stroking"
I agree with EVERYONE!

And I should really back down where BLOB is concerned. It's not as though I have high expectations of men or anything.

AND, it's completely true that nobody forced the women to slurp him.

But can I get away with just a little feeling of nausea when I hear his name or see his nose? I feel I'm being very reasonable in my request.

I just want to hate him a LITTLE.

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-08-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: ego stroking"
>I just want to hate him
>a LITTLE.

I feel the same way!!! The girls and BLOB were at fault. (But I still WANT to blame it on him) I am just putting my faith in Meredith and hopefully she will not let us down.

Poncho

01-08-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
22. "RE: ego stroking"
I think I know what you mean, Poncho. I think Meredith is gonna show us how a smart woman behaves in such a dumb situation as TV dating. I'm not sure that came out right.

FF

01-08-04, 05:54 PM (EST)
24. "RE: ego stroking"
Hey Poncho! Missed ya! It's been awhile. But then again, we haven;t had the "show" to talk about!

01-08-04, 05:41 PM (EST)
23. "RE: ego stroking"
Don't worry FF, I get nauseous whenever I see a picture of Blob! I don't hate him, that would require my caring more than I do, but I hate seeing him or hearing about him. I also hate that his behavior is seen as "normal" American male behavior (because I give men in general more credit).

01-08-04, 06:45 PM (EST)
25. "HALLELUJAH!"
I'm so happy. Chrissy Gall, a Reality Commentator Bigwig Real Person, says I can continue to be nauseated! By BLOB, or, I suspect, whomever I choose to allow to make me sick.
Why did I need this validation, you ask?
Because I don't trust my own judgment or inner barometers in a world where BLOB (no offense) is perceived as attractive, personable, and is a class-E celebrity.
My books are ALL better than BLOB's and I'm nowhere near "starsville," or whatever BLOB would call it.
It would be very bad luck (as well as very bad, period) for me to wish him lousy sales. But if someone would just give his suspenders a nice stinging snap, I wouldn't complain.
On another topic: Odd that Jen's been tattled on by her friends as having been turned off by Andrew. I mean, to the point of not wanting him to touch her. I wonder what, if anything, the cheesy little vintner did that's so repulsive. I really oughta go get a hobby.

FF

01-08-04, 09:52 PM (EST)
26. "RE: HALLELUJAH!"
>>Chrissy Gall, a Reality Commentator Bigwig Real Person<<

Gall (gôl) n. 1. See bile. 2.a. Bitterness of feeling; rancor. b. Something bitter to endure. 3. Outrageous insolence; effrontery.

Should I be insulted?

01-08-04, 11:15 PM (EST)
27. "The gentle art of self-trepanning -- don't try it at home."
Rats in a hamper! What a typo on my part.

Please don't feel insulted.
However, you SHOULD feel that you are accompanied on this board by nincompoops of almost extraordinarily blind ability to produce royal screw-ups.

I am now going out back to drill a hole in the base of my skull, soak my head in a bucket of balsamic vinegar, and hope for a shot of corrective enlightenment.

In the meantime, I shall offer you my apology. I wouldn't bother forgiving me if I were you -- I think you'll find that all too soon I'll do something worse, completely by accident, but still immensely embarrassing for me, you, or both of us.

To do so is in my nature and, especially lately, the chief aspect of my karma. This is probably my punishment for dumping on a fellow member of the human race, Bob Guiney (no offense to the human race).

FF

bududaddy 27 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bududaddy Click to send private message to bududaddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
Did y'all read that Estella is selling her promise ring on eBay and taking her mom and her friends to Belize? It's in US Weekly. Too funny! It would be even better if Bob had paid for the ring. Too bad he probably doesn't even feel bad about screwing up with her. She's a classy chick- hopefully she finds someone much better!

jomax 2 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-04, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jomax Click to send private message to jomax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
hi everyone, this is my first time posting a message on any message board ever. I'm from OZ and i just watched Bob and Estella get together and I've just come online to find out that they've broken up already. I'm not sure I will want to watch any more of the series if they are all going to be such a farce. I really believed he had feelings for these women. I guess thats what you get for watching "reality" tv series.(not that real at all.)

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-21-04, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
>hi everyone, this is my first
>time posting a message on
>any message board ever.

Welcome Jomax! I know how you feel. After watching and finding out that it was just a bunch of bull, it made me mad! Bob is a total . But after some time, I have kind of gotten over it and now am excited about Meredith on the Bachlorette I watched the first episode last week and I enjoyed it. I hope this one will turn out good. Happy posting.

Poncho

Tragic 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tragic Click to send private message to Tragic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
Cant believe that we are all concerned abt this - another Aust viewer having just found out the "my soul mate" was all a farce. I am still hungup on Andrew Firestone - apart from the contiuous "hi sweetie" he was fantastic, was very jealous of Jen. And for Trista's wedding - I defiantely now know what NOT to do at mine!!
hope you're all enjoying Bachelorette - we wont see it for a couple of months but looking forward to it!!
Seya
Tragic

jomax 2 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-04, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jomax Click to send private message to jomax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
I have also just found out that Andrew and Jen have broken up. That was another union I thought might last. I also thought Andrew was worth going out with. Bob was a little bit ugly. His eyes were too close together. I can only hope that when we watch Meredith, she can maybe choose someone she can stay with. I think the girls probably put more effort in choosing someone with their heart and not their head or any other part of their anatomy. We'll see soon. Thanks for welcoming an assie mum of 14 month old twins!

01-21-04, 08:45 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Bob & Estella confirmed breakup on 12/26 "Extra" show?"
Welcome jomax & Tragic!

I am more than disappointed in Bob. Just the mention of his name makes me say, "Yuck!!" I am hoping that Merideth and her chosen man try to make their relationship work (at least Jen and Andrew gave it a try!), or I will be finished with The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •