The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Soozan's rant"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-23-00, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Soozan's rant"
I love Sue and I was sorry to see her get voted out, but her snake-and-rat speech at the end was just a bit too much. I found it very hurtful and overly vicious and it was embarrasing to watch. I can see now why the Survivor crew said it became a bloodbath at the end. Gervase said it best, that her speech was disguisting and she was acting like a sore loser.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Soozan's rant melissa 08-23-00 1
 RE: Soozan's rant melissa 08-23-00 2
   RE: Soozan's rant SurvivorBlows 08-23-00 3
       RE: Soozan's rant tari32 08-23-00 4
           RE: Soozan's rant JustMe 08-24-00 7
 RE: Soozan's rant Laney 08-24-00 5
   RE: Soozan's rant dangerboy 08-24-00 9
   RE: Soozan's rant hilbilychik 08-25-00 14
 RE: Soozan's rant Magus 08-24-00 6
   RE: Soozan's rant Bananalover 08-25-00 12
       RE: Soozan's rant DivaRachel 08-25-00 15
 RE: Soozan's rant jurymember 08-24-00 8
   RE: Soozan's rant AyatollahKhomeini 08-24-00 10
       RE: Soozan's rant choap10 08-24-00 11
 RE: Soozan's rant Shenandoah 08-25-00 13
   RE: Soozan's rant Stjarna 08-25-00 16
       RE: Soozan's rant underdog 08-25-00 18
       RE: Soozan's rant DivaRachel 08-25-00 19
   RE: Soozan's rant shanana banana 08-25-00 17
       RE: Soozan's rant DivaRachel 08-25-00 20
           Susan's loser speech. dangerboy 08-27-00 21
               RE: Susan's loser speech. AyatollahKhomeini 08-28-00 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

melissa 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-23-00, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail melissa Click to send private message to melissa Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Soozan's rant"
spoiled little trailer park trash.
that is what she impressed the world with.
Complete lack of capability to string an intelligent sentence together.
I wanted to slap the bitch.
I think she clinched it for herslef with North Americans': If she were ever dehydrated on the street, and recognized........

melissa 55 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-00, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail melissa Click to send private message to melissa Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Soozan's rant"
spoiled little trailer park trash.
that is what she impressed the world with.
Complete lack of capability to string an intelligent sentence together.
I wanted to slap the bitch.
I think she clinched it for herself with North Americans': If she were ever dehydrated on the street, and recognized........

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-23-00, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Soozan's rant"
I agree -- Susan = bad loser.

Thank god for Gervase!

(damn, did I just really say that??!?!?)

Yikes...

tari32 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-23-00, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tari32 Click to send private message to tari32 Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Soozan's rant"
Yes, it was hurtful, it was painful, but dammit, it was great T.V.!!! It was brutally honest in a trucker sort of way. Admit it, we all have had fantasies of abusing someone that screwed us on national T.V. Soozian got to live her fantasy.
I must admit, great editing, the producers made Kelly and Susan look like the most evil people on the island so Rich's win would be easier to swallow...

JustMe 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe Click to send private message to JustMe Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Soozan's rant"
Her speech wasn't honest at all.

Kelly didn't do anything worse than Sue did. Remember how Sue told Jenna she was
safe and they would be voting off the men next? She was just as deceptive but had
no qualms about picking Pagong off and telling them what they wanted to hear.
Kelly was torn about being in the alliance and voting off people she liked.

The bit about Kelly always being a loser was over the top -- that had nothing to do
with the game. That came from women exchanging confidences. No wonder this
b*itch hasn't had a friend in many years.

Her speech was totally uncalled for. Good for Gervase for coming to Kelly's defense!
That was the first time I respected him.

I won't be watching Survivor 2 -- this ending did not satisfy.

Laney 60 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Laney Click to send private message to Laney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Soozan's rant"
I may be a little "poor looser" myself for not wanting Rich to win-- I really wanted Sue to win. But after seeing that disgusting speech I have vowed to never go see an public appearance of her's here in Wisconsin. Not that will really matter to her, but I thought it was just sick.

Could someone please explain to me what Kelly did that was so wrong? I STILL don't get it!!

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Soozan's rant"
Susan thought that Kelly made her and the other Alliance members look bad because she was saying that she wasn't a member of the alliance and that they were cheating in effect (I GUESS). She said that Colleen told her that Kelly was bad-mouthing the Alliance. I'm not all that sure either really. But, I know she felt betrayed when Kelly switched her vote after the tie.
All and all I think she is a poor loser. Gervase said it all and was right on the mark (go figure - I never thought I'd say that). Man, she not only made herself look bad to 40 million people but I bet she lost the chance at many an endorsement after her rant. If I was a manufacturer like Reebok I wouldn't go near her with a ten foot pole.
Good riddance.
See ya wouldn't want to be ya.

hilbilychik 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-25-00, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hilbilychik Click to send private message to hilbilychik Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Soozan's rant"
There's a video clip of unaired footage on the cbs/survivor website.

http://www.cbs.com/network/tvshows/mini/survivor/show/episode13/video.shtml

Go to 'Susan shares some reflections'. It explains a lot.

Magus 31 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magus Click to send private message to Magus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Soozan's rant"
Are you kidding me? That was some of the funniest, most entertaining television I've seen in a long time. After she finished I wanted Susan to win the million, just for saying that.

Bananalover 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bananalover Click to send private message to Bananalover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Soozan's rant"
>Are you kidding me? That
>was some of the funniest,
>most entertaining television I've seen
>in a long time.
>After she finished I wanted
>Susan to win the million,
>just for saying that.

I agree! I was shocked to see someone that actually had enough chutzpah to say all of that on national television! Hilarious! Although many of the comments were very harsh, I can't help but admire Sue for not being afraid to speak her mind, even if it could cost her endorsements.

DivaRachel 47 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaRachel Click to send private message to DivaRachel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Soozan's rant"
>I agree! I was shocked
>to see someone that actually
>had enough chutzpah to say
>all of that on national
>television! Hilarious

amen.

>but admire Sue for not
>being afraid to speak her mind

I agree.

I think only dumb Gervase would reduce Susan's intense feelings towards Kelly and her bretrayal to simple "sore losing". It was much more than that. But dumb people like Gervase can't see any further than the tip of their nose.

jurymember 68 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jurymember Click to send private message to jurymember Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Soozan's rant"
I feel bad that Susan reduced herself like that. She was obviously reacting to her disappointment, and more, her hurt and jealousy of Kelly. Contrary to what she says now, I'm CERTAIN that if she could she would retract those words. Those are the things you think of in your head but don't say to someone. Kelly looked so vulnerable. The way Susan spit out that venom (snakelike?) was so contradictory to the time she said she would NEVER stick a knife in Kelly's back. Now I understand the imagery of Kelly with a knife. The most fascinating person on the island was Kelly (though for many weeks I found her boring and blah). She displayed real pain and internal angst and I think in the end growth over the course of the 39 days that I don't think anyone else did. I loved that she had a conflict with good and evil and the pain of making decisions that are difficult. That was so real. What Susan said tonite said volumes about Susan and really nothing at all about Kelly, except that Susan missed her.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-24-00, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Soozan's rant"
This speech did make us realize why Susan hasn't had a close friend in years, didn't it? I don't think she'd retract a word of what she said. In fact, I'll bet that -- until tonight -- she was PROUD of the way she "stood up for herself." Now I can see why she and her husband moved. With her tongue, they probably need to move frequently...

choap10 13 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choap10 Click to send private message to choap10 Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Soozan's rant"
How exactly does Susan's rant make Wisconsin proud? If anything, it makes them embarassed to see that this woman could just say horrible things to Kelly. The worst thing is that Sue knew Kelly wouldn't fight back if she still wanted a chance at the million.

And at the Reunion, Kelly showed how much class she had by not getting back at Sue.
Congrats Kelly (u 2 rich) on being a fine person and Sue, get a life!

Shenandoah 8 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shenandoah Click to send private message to Shenandoah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Soozan's rant"
Here's a link to the text of Susan's speech:

http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21243-2000Aug25.html

It's on the front page of today's (8/25) Washington Post Style section.

Stjarna 32 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stjarna Click to send private message to Stjarna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Soozan's rant"
Thanks Shenandoah for the link!

And to think that at one point I wanted Sue to win!!!

Actually, as I was watching her speech, I thought that the first half of it wasn't that bad. I could see that she just wanted to lay it all out in the open for Rich and for Kelly and to use this opportunity to tell to their faces what she really thinks of them. That takes guts, I have to admit. But she should've stopped there, because the second half of her tirade completely erased any positive impressions that I (and many other viewers, I'm sure) ever had about her.

But in the end, we can bash her all we want - she still has her contract with Reebok, and I'm sure she'll have many more now. So she'll have her million, don't worry. And she will be the last person laughing at all of us.

Stjarna

underdog 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail underdog Click to send private message to underdog Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Soozan's rant"
I got the impression that much of soozin's speech was written by someone else - it isn't her style to come up with analogies like the snake/rat and comments about island spirits and the way mother nature intended....it sounded to me like she supplied the bitterness and someone helped her to come up with a more symbolic way of expressing that bitterness - the dying of thirst/vulture thing was pure Soozin though.

08-25-00, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaRachel Click to send private message to DivaRachel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Soozan's rant"
>her tirade completely erased any
>positive impressions that I (and
>many other viewers, I'm sure)
>ever had about her.

she wasn't saying those things to win any popularity contest. It was about hurting Kelly. Maybe the way Kelly hurt her.

>And she
>will be the last person
>laughing at all of us.

perhaps so.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-25-00, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Soozan's rant"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-00 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

>Here's a link to the text
>of Susan's speech:
>
>
After re-reading that speech, I feel there is something missing, perhaps? Even though it's very close to what Soo said, there is something missing. Didn't Soo say something about "island spirits" when she was pleading with the jury to let Mother Nature take its course and let the snake eat the rat? I also felt there was something missing at the end.

Anyway, after re-reading Soo's rant, I felt the same way I did while she was saying it on TV: Oh, poor Kelly, Soozan is so right. What goes around comes around and everything Soo is saying about you is true

However, I think Soo would have not gotten such a negative reaction if she hadn't mentioned two things: the infamous vulture section and also the part about Kelly getting stomped by Gervase and being a loser in life. That is what made Soo sound like a sore loser and was a little too vicious. Those two parts had really nothing to do with the true nature of Soo's speech, which was simply that Kelly is a two-face, backstabbing, play both sides of the fence little bitch who only grew a conscience about the Alliance after she had used it to keep herself from being voted off. And furthermore, the fact that Kelly won the last five immunity challenges doesn't say all that much about Kelly being so tough, considering she is a fit 23 year old young woman up against a 72 year old man and two middle aged semi-out of shape people. Overall, all the immunity challenges were definitely stacked towards the younger individuals.

Dicque deserved to win all the way and I couldn't be happier!

08-25-00, 12:53 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Soozan's rant"
>which was simply that Kelly
>is a two-face, backstabbing, play
>both sides of the fence
>little bitch who only grew
>a conscience about the Alliance

true.

>the fact that Kelly won
>the last five immunity challenges
>doesn't say all that much

agreed. She had litle competition.

>Dicque deserved to win all the
>way and I couldn't be happier!

me too!

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-27-00, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Susan's loser speech."
I agree that if Susan's speech had stopped before the "loser in life" and "I'd let you die on the side of the road" parts that it would have been more palatable. But I still think it was just Susan being a poor loser wannabe. And the fact that her diatribe was broadcast to over 40 million people and she had no remorse at the reunion show just showed her lack of class. She was as much a liar as Kelly ever was. In fact she was worse. But, unlike Kelly, it didn't bother her. She liked lying to the Pa-goners, she enjoyed casting them aside like used kleenex, and she reveled in getting to the final four. As Gervace said, if it was her sitting on the stool she'd have had no problem with any of Kelly's so called back-stabbing. She was hurtful, callous, and vicious. I don't like that.
B#TCH is the perfect description.
=:-o

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-28-00, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Susan's loser speech."
dangerboy, I agree with you, but I want to go back to something that underdog said further up this thread. Susan couldn't POSSIBLY have written this speech. I am about to start a separate thread on this topic (one of our last real questions!).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •