The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP4 Timeline?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-11-04, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP4 Timeline?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-04 AT 01:40 AM (EST)

It appears EP3 will only cover only Day 7 and Day 8.

Day 7 will include the Reward Challenge and Day 8 the special TC for Jenna, allowing her to go home to be with her mom.

What does this do to the time line for EP4 and the rest of the game?

Here are the links to the ACME Brain Trust and SNN calendars for reference:

ABT:
http://acmebraintrust.com/index.php?page=432&parent=50

SNN:
http://survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=s8_calendar

Every episode (except when Mike Skupin left?) has ended with a tribal council, even last season’s two-part episode had each part ending at TC.

Does EP4 take place entirely on Day 9 (as Brad Lascelle suggests in the Scorecard Tracker thread) and include only an IC and TC?

Or does MB simply skip the originally scheduled Day 9 IC and TC and restart the normal sequence on Day 9? In this scenario the EP4 RC would be on Day9 and IC and TC (for Rob C.) on Day 11.

There has already been lots of discussion about a 37 vs 39 day schedule and Jenna’s leaving probably forced some kind of an unexpected change to the original shooting schedule, but the 39 day schedule was recently reconfirmed...

The average viewer doesn’t really care about whether or not an episode takes place over 2 or 3 days, but they have come to expect a RC, IC and TC as the norm. So with that in mind, MB may want to return to business as usual in EP4 and may use the “extra day" for the merge in EP5 to get things back on the original schedule.

The problem with this is that some of the spoiler calendars have a merge taking place during EP4. In that case it’s an uneven number, unless Rob gets booted before the merge. But it doesn’t seem that there would be enough time to have a Day 9 IC and Boot, a merge day 10 and a second IC and TC on Day 11 to end the episode. That just seems like way too much to cram into an hour show.

http://survivornews.net/news.php?id=537
The original SNN "Spy Report" also mentioned...

"...The three tribes merged into two tribes on or before Day 13 (Nov. 15th) but we are unsure of the exact date...

So at this point it seems most likely that the merge must take place during EP5.

Any other ideas of how to make the timeline work?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP4 Timeline? I_AM_HE 02-11-04 1
   Merge in EP5... Krautboy 02-11-04 2
       RE: Merge in EP5... Griffe 02-11-04 3
           RE: Merge in EP5... Brownroach 02-11-04 4
 RE: EP4 Timeline? Brat2u 02-11-04 5
   RE: EP4 Timeline? PepeLePew13 02-11-04 6
   RE: EP4 Timeline? Brownroach 02-11-04 7
       RE: EP4 Timeline? PepeLePew13 02-11-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-04, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP4 Timeline?"
why not just have ep4 cover 4 days instead of 3? taht seems by far the simplest. day 9 would be dealing with jenna's departure, day 10 or 11 the RC, and day 12 would have IC/TC on scedule

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-11-04, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Merge in EP5..."
Good idea, seems like the logical answer.

The "spoiler calenders" make it more complicated and confusing than it needs to be. They have the merge taking place during EP4, which doesn't seem to work.

Your suggestion is much better and fits with the merge taking place on Day 13 (in place of the RC on the first day of EP5) as the "Spy Report" claims it may...

Krautboy

Griffe 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-11-04, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Griffe Click to send private message to Griffe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Merge in EP5..."
KB, just to clarify that the merge didn't necessarily take place on Day 13. The only thing the report tells us is that it couldn't happen after Day 13 but it may have happened before.

From what I understand, Jenna quit without it being prompted by news from home. I just wonder how they would fill a one-hour episode with only an RC and Jenna quitting.

Also Saboga is down to 4 members. Would Burnett take a chance at them losing another member thus having the challenges be with only 9 players and 6 players sitting out? Maybe his 3-tribes merged into 2-tribes twist was flexible in that depending on how the tribes were doing, it could either be used in E3 or E5.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Merge in EP5..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-04 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

If the 37-day schedule is accurate, it must have been because of an adjustment to accommodate something, right? At the beginning of the show Jiffy's voice over said 39 days, and whenever the timeline is mentioned it's always the usual 39 days.

So is MB is going to "pretend" that the whole thing takes place over 39 days? I was wondering if there might be a lot of creative editing in Ep 3 and Ep 4 to make it look like five days have passed, when really only three days have.

ETA: now I'm confused -- I thought it was established that the shoot was only 37 days, but now both calendars have a 39-day shoot.

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-11-04, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP4 Timeline?"
I noticed in Episode 1, they didn't have a RC.

Is that the norm?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP4 Timeline?"
Yes. It's been like that in each of the 7 previous seasons.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP4 Timeline?"
Further to what Pepe said, sometimes the Ep 1 challenge has a reward attached to it in addition to immunity. This time it didn't.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP4 Timeline?"
Usually the only reward that comes with the Ep.1 immunity is matches or to take fire back with them to camp, if there's any reward at all.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •