The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-05-03, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-03 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

on the USA channel, 10:00 PST. I saw in my cable-guide that one of the teams consists of reality show stars, including Ethan and Jenna from Survivor.

Parts 2, 3, and 4 are on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Looks interesting. Is anybody going to watch?

*Edited to correct the days of the following episodes.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Of course! AyaK 05-05-03 1
   RE: Of course! ejm92 05-06-03 2
 RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... smiley 05-06-03 3
 RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... Schnookie Palookie 05-06-03 4
   RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... carencey 05-06-03 5
       RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... smiles 05-07-03 12
 RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... Devious Weasel 05-06-03 6
   RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... diamond 05-06-03 7
   RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... Schnookie Palookie 05-06-03 8
       RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... Femme 05-07-03 9
           RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... Devious Weasel 05-07-03 10
               RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... joannie 05-08-03 13
                   RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... AZ_Leo 05-08-03 14
                       RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... Schnookie Palookie 05-09-03 15
                           RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... AZ_Leo 05-09-03 16
                               RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... Schnookie Palookie 05-09-03 17
 RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... Schnookie Palookie 05-07-03 11
 RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... mocha madness 05-12-03 18
 Jenna was a replacement? SurvivorBlows 06-06-03 19
 RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Toni... Loufa4Ladies 06-10-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-05-03, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Of course!"
Oh, of course I'm going to watch. This trekking challenge is Mark Burnett's true love, and it shows.

Our Canadian friends have already seen it, because it aired in Canada two weeks ago.

Sorry to tell you, but Ethan and Jenna's team doesn't finish. Neither do most of the teams, of course.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-06-03, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Of course!"
No wonder they don't finish....they have Tim from MTV's Road Rules 2 as their navigator. Ethan also admitted that he had zero navigating skills.

Overall, the show was pretty good, though. MB threw some interesting, yet not drastic plot-twists into the game.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-06-03, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
i taped it...I am gonna watch it tonight

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
I love the Eco-Challenge and watched it with DH last night. Was interesting to see Ethan and Jenna. Also saw the actor that played Anikan Skywalker (sp?) with his brother & sister. Didn't realize he was a Canadian (Yay Canucks!). Can't imagine he will last very long. These Eco-Challenges are awesome. I know that I could never attempt one. The winners barely win enough money to cover their costs. They do it for the challenge which is pretty cool.

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-06-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
It's a lot of fun to watch, but I think it's not something I could ever do. For instance, I like my feet intact, non-bloody, non-parasite ridden, flesh-colored rather than gray...

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-07-03, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
I am trying to get my husband to train for this. He is a "natural athlete" and claims that he excels at everything physical, except for the events that I win. Then it is because something was worng with him or whatever kind of excuse that is handy for him. In any event, I think he would be great at it, but he keeps finding the same excuses as you do . . .I'm going to keep trying though, this would PROVE that his short almost non-exsistant football career wasn't a fluke.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-03, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
Was that Duchovny narrating?

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-06-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
It was indeed.

05-06-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
Yes it was. He did sound a little boring. I'd love to hear Keiffer Sutherland narrating

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-07-03, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
Yeah, David Duchovny could have lent a little calm to this show, making it more high-brow than the likes of Survivor, et al. But he really does stink the joint up. Sounded like he really didn't care, wasn't into it, and was only doing it for the paycheck. Distracting.

I'd prefer someone who sounds interesting even while being a bit toned down and mellow. Maybe a Sam Elliot or a Tommy Lee Jones. Ooo, or Tom Selleck. Keifer would be great, too, Schnookie.

Femme

"We are men of action; lies do not become us."

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
I got the feeling listening to him that he was wondering if Fox would consider bringing X-Files back to the air...

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-08-03, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
I don't care what you guys think---I love Duchovny! I like his droll style; it reminds me of Anderson Cooper.

I can't believe the Star Wars team is in dead last place! Even behind the supermodels?! Give me a break!

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
I don't know if you ever saw Eco Challenge Borneo but in that one, the playboy teamed proved they were tougher then most of the guys out there (including a bunch of Rugby players). They were amazingly resilient and never gave up, even when they had every legitamate reason to do so. By coincidence it was problems with the bike equipment in that race as well that caused them to be disqualified due to missing a time cut off (but they still finished the race with all 4 members, just not ranked).

As for Hayden Christianson, I guess he missed his trailer and entourage. Anyone else getting a kind of kick over the evil genius Mark Burnett beating down the future Darth Vader? Bet George Lucas is hoping no one is watching this.

05-09-03, 11:00 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
What a great show. You have to admire anyone who enters these races. I remember the Playboy girls from the Borneo race and they definitely have my respect.

I really felt bad for the girls from Brazil. I look forward to the year they can finish the race.

The only thing that bothers me about the Eco-Challenge is that they only focus on certain teams. When the Aussie team came in third I was like "who are they"? I don't remember them being focused on and I would have liked to have gotten to know them. Same with the team that came in 4th.

I'm impressed that Hayden Christiansen went as far as he did, as well as Ethan and the Reality Show team.

BTW Joanie, I do love David Duchovny. Just would have preferred having Keifer Sutherland narrate Eco-Challenge

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
I thought it was very good. They have definitely stepped up the difficulty level which was necessary after last year's race. I think this was better then New Zealand but my favorites are still Morocco and Borneo.

>The only thing that bothers me about the Eco-Challenge is that they only focus on certain teams. When the Aussie team came in third I was like "who are they"? I don't remember them being focused on and I would have liked to have gotten to know them. Same with the team that came in 4th.

They had always done this to a certain extent but I agree it's been much worse in the last two races. In New Zealand, Earthlink actually joined with another team in the last leg and all 8 got to the finish working together but you would never know this from what was televised. The other team was completely cut out.

There has also been a tendency to focus only on certain members within a team. Can anyone tell me who was the 4th on Hayden's Team Kodak? How about the other 2 members of the winning Kiwi team? I think last night was the first time we saw much of the woman on Ian's team or the guy on Brazil's.

One more pet peeve about last nights show: Has Mark Burnett been watching Global Extremes because the product promotion of the Chevy avalanche was almost as bad as the Toyota 4Runner promos.

05-09-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
You are right about them also focusing on only certain members of certain teams. I kept wondering if the guy on the Brazilian team was the same one from the last race but I doubt it because they really treated him like crap.

Speaking of crap, did they really have to focus so much of that poor sick guy in his boat? Don't remember if he was part of Earthlink team.

The product promotion was also crappy (there's that word again). I kept thinking of the American Idol Coke ditties.

05-07-03, 10:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
BLECH! I see they have Gabe Cabe from Survivor as one of the check-point peeps. I kept looking for his teddy bear LOL.

Poor girl from the Kiwi team being violently sick like that. I truly cannot imagine what they go through. This show is awesome!

Oh yeah Femme ... Sam Elliott would make a great narator. Would be even better if they showed his face ... he's dreamy .

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-03, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
This shows rocks. To have only ten out of eighty one teams finish is a testament to how hard this race was, and how determined the teams had to be just to finish. MB's style is to focus on the compelling personalities so you are always going to see the Playmates,(hot chicks), and the "reality team" was a nice cross marketing of his Survivor show. I thought it interesting that the two guys from Road Rules got zippo air time vs. the constant focus on his "survivor" members, Jenna and Ethan.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-03, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Jenna was a replacement?"

Wow, if the below is right, Jenna wasn't not only the original 4th member, but she also wasn't the first alternate or even the second alternate!

http://www.bomispir.com/ecochallenge.html

-SB

Loufa4Ladies 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-10-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loufa4Ladies Click to send private message to Loufa4Ladies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Eco-Challenge: Fiji Starts Tonight (Monday)"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-06-03
>AT 08:41 PM (EST)

>
>on the USA channel, 10:00 PST.
>I saw in my cable-guide
>that one of the teams
>consists of reality show stars,
>including Ethan and Jenna from
>Survivor.

Aaaah, I wish I knew. I don't call this "reality television", but this is far better than anything out there right now.

Loufa4Ladies
"cuz I'm a loufa for the ladies"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •