The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-06-04, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
CBSP Feb 19 08:00pm
Series/Game Shows, 60 Mins.

"Wipe Out!", Episode #804.
Castaways vote off the fourth person.

Producer(s): Mark Burnett.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out! 7sins_pride 02-07-04 1
 RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out! volsfan 02-07-04 2
   RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out! speedyforme 02-07-04 3
   "Castaways..." Goooey_Alley 02-07-04 4
       RE: "Castaways..." volsfan 02-09-04 7
 RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out! dabo 02-07-04 5
   RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out! samboohoo 02-09-04 6
       RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out! Brownroach 02-09-04 8
           RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out! dabo 02-09-04 9
               RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out! Brownroach 02-09-04 10
                   RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out! dabo 02-09-04 11
 So...is the title literal? okaloosajohn 02-13-04 12
   RE: So...is the title literal? volsfan 02-13-04 13
       RE: So...is the title literal? PelicanPete 02-13-04 14
           RE: So...is the title literal? Get Bent 02-13-04 15
               RE: So...is the title literal? CaptainP 02-13-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-07-04, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 7sins_pride Click to send private message to 7sins_pride Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
ouch. i can already feel the pain.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-07-04, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
Castaways vote off the fourth person.

Interesting use of words. Tribe isn't mentionned! hmmmmmmmmm.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-07-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
good catch, HOWEVER...hasnt CBS been caught before using misleading words before?

not really saying that the MARRIAGE in Survivor 7 was an example, it just didnt make the floor, but didnt they say like 1 member voted out when the ghost tribe came back and stuff? unless it was true cause OSTEN quit or something...

just wondering if they ever has misleading descriptions

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-07-04, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. ""Castaways...""
It's always been this way... "Castaways vote off the 1st... 2nd... so on"

02-09-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "Castaways...""
Goooey...in my TV weekly they usually say, "a tribe votes off another castaway" or "the tribe votes off the third castaway" so this is unusual. It isn't always the way you say.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
Reshuffling of castaways into two tribes? Too soon? Too late? Just right?

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
That's what I was thinking, Dabo. A "wipe out" of the three tribes. I hope not, though. I think it's too soon -- just like the boys v. girls in S6. He merged them too soon.

Also, it is rainy season so it could be something as simple as a camp or a shelter being wiped out.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
If Ep 4 has the dissolution of the three tribes, it would suggest that someone else besides Jenna leaves in Ep 3. Unless MB planned to merge them into two tribes with an uneven number of players in the game.

02-09-04, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
Wasn't the reshuffle of the two tribes in the Marquesas in episode 4? Granted, Maraamu had lost every single challenge up till then, but New Rotu still had 8 and New Maraamu still was only 5.

I'm curious whether all the castaways will be reshuffled or will the smallest tribe simply be divided and absorbed by the bigger tribes. The dynamics of 3 to 2 is something they haven't had to do before.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-04 AT 04:31 PM (EST)

Right, but as you point out each tribe still had the same number of people as before the switch, and as you also point out, the uneven distribution was strictly due to challenge losses.

If the tribe members of the smallest tribe are absorbed into one of the other tribes, it could be done at an uneven number. If Jenna leaves next, then we have Chapera at 6, Mogo at 5 and Saboga at 4. Two Sabogas go to Chapera, giving them 8, two Sabogas go to Mogo, giving them 7. I suppose that could be viewed as "fair", since again it's the net result of challenge losses (and someone quitting).

But if there is a complete reshuffling, one tribe would get an extra member purely arbitrarily.

02-09-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
11. "RE: EP4 Title: Wipe Out!"
I could just see EPMB having MogoMogo and Chapera take turns going: "Red Rover Red Rover...!"

Come to think of it, they're already selling three buffs, the merge to one tribe will make it four, and while the marketeers might love to have six in the long run that's a lotta colors for MB to worry about.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-13-04, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "So...is the title literal?"
After looking at the vidcaps of the IC, and the number of people going down, it appears that "Wipeout" is pretty descriptive!

02-13-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
13. "RE: So...is the title literal?"
Okaloosa, I think this is a literal title but check out the thresd for CBS Website preview and look at the last 2-3 vic caps. I think it is referring to the Saboga tribe being wiped out of their structure that was built last night. It looks to me like the hole that was Rupert dug gets filled and they are wiped out of their camp...

anyone else see this?

PelicanPete 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-13-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PelicanPete Click to send private message to PelicanPete Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: So...is the title literal?"

When I first saw this title last week, I was thinking that it was one of MB's metaphors for "SWITCH"- like they were going to wipe out all of the tribes and divide them into 2 or something. But after last night's vidcaps, it seems pretty apparent that "the worst storm in Survivor history" comes through the Pearls and the tribes' newly constructed shelters are torn down in the downpour, hence "wipe out".

Just my view on things, could be completely wrong.

-PP

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: So...is the title literal?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-04 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

Pelican Pete,

You are right. Check out the vic cap thread. I think there are actual pictures of Sabogas wiped out shelter.

While others may suffer, it appears that only Saboga has a total wipe out.

Edited to say it is the CBS Web Promo thread to view, not the one titled vid caps.

CaptainP 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-13-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CaptainP Click to send private message to CaptainP Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: So...is the title literal?"
Agreed... sometimes Burnett likes to just use literal titles. For example, this week was called Shark Attack and most people were expecting the shark thing AND some major backstabbing going on, when all I saw was just the shark thing with Richard.

I think the title is about Saboga's shelter. I think the title we need to most look out for is Episode 5 and Episode 6, since that will kind of give us a good indication of where things are heading in the game with a merge and everything. Didn't JFP say that Episode 6 is a doozy? That could be the merge episode. Also, if we look at snewser's boot list, that also seems to be around the time King Richard goes. Hmmmm...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •