The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rudy's Webchat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-04, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rudy's Webchat"
Rudy Boesch's Survivor: All-Stars Web Chat Transcript

Host: Rudy thanks for being here today are you ready to take some questions?
Rudy: Yeah...

Q: After TC did you suspect Rupert might have broke your alliance and voted you off?
Rudy: No. I trusted Rupert right from the beginning. Me and Rupert made an alliance and I said I could trust him and we'll stay together until the end of the program. I trusted Rupert and as you can see at the end of the show Rupert voted against Ethan

Q: Do you have friends in the Mafia? It sounded like you were gonna put a hit out on your tribe...hehe.
Rudy: You know when you get voted off you're mad at the world and I made a couple of dumb statements. Since then I've thought it over and the tribe was exactly correct in voting me off. They did the right thing.

Q: U was happy to see you on Survivor again Rudy. Was it harder this time around?
Rudy: Survivor wasn't any harder this time. It's not a matter of the elements it's putting up with the people. Probably this time the people are a little smarter because they've been there before and I'd predict there's going to be alot of cut-throating before the end of the game

Q: Rudy Rudy Rudy, I love you man Did you ever get sick from drinking the water without boiling it?
Rudy: When we first got there they said we're gonna give you water but you have to boil it before you drink it. I said to myself right then I don't care if I boil it or not because over the year's I've had dirty water before and it didn't phase me so I was sure this wouldn't either.

Q: Describe the four remaining Saboga tribe members in one word.
Rudy: Rupert - a man you can trust. He gave me his word and stuck by it. Jenna - is kinda hyper. She's a good athlete. I thought I was kinda mad at Jenna because I thought it was her fault I was voted off. Jerri - was going along with Jenna so I couldn't blame her much. Ethan - is a very good athlete. They need him on this tribe and Ethan's name was never mentioned so I can't blame him for nothing

Q: Who is the most interesting people you've met through the game?
Rudy: Probably Richard. You know, of all people it'd have to be Richard.

Q: I think you were amazing out there. Was there anybody out there that you were surprised they brought back?
Rudy: It surprised me that Jenna from the first Survivor was back but no, not really. The rest of them are pretty outstanding people. They all stood out for some reason or another.

Q: Who were the two guys that were spooning on last night's episode?
Rudy: You know, I don't know! I can't pick them people out. They were under... it seemed like they were under Tshirts. I won't say blankets because we didn't have any. I don't know who they were, it wasn't me.

Q: Did you hate the tribe that you were in when you found out who the All Stars were?
Rudy: No I was together with these 6 people for about 3 days before they actually told us we were a tribe and I was glad to be with them. Rupert had a good name. Jenna is a good athlete. I didn't know about Jerri. Didn't know her well. So I really couldn't complain about the people in our tribe.

Q: What do you think of Richard Hatch walking around naked all the time?
Tina: Richard is a homosexual nudist and y'know what else are you going to say about the guy. He made that public all over the world. When I came out of the water and saw a familiar scene... Richard naked and bending over and when I say familiar I mean that I looked at it for 39 days on the first show...

Q: Why didn't you guys get rid of Jenna, she is useless in challenges and bossy at camp.
Tina: Well that's your opinion of Jenna. To me she's a pretty good athlete and was needed on that tribe. Jenna sort of sounds like on TV that she was running the tribe but really she wasn't. We disagreed with what she said. When you first start this thing you don't have a reason for voting somebody off. She suggested to vote off the people who already won and that's reason enough so we just went along with what she said.

Q: Which was tougher, acting on JAG or being back on Survivor?
Rudy: Being on Survivor was tougher. Being on JAG to me was almost a pleasure except for I told them they're going to have to put cute cards up for me to say anything.

Q: How's that ankle doing?
Rudy: My ankle's back to normal. I think what caused it was from the one challenge where Ethan was running up the beach with the logs like and throwing them up making the ladder. I was on one side of the ladder and had to get the rung in and I think the last one he hit me in the ankle and made it sore for a little while.

Q: Rudy were you surprised at anything when watching on TV what was going on between the other two tribes?
Rudy: No I didn't... every tribe is on their own... we each had 6 people and were doing our thing the best we could. A couple of challenges the other people had better ideas than we did. Why we didn't think of them I don't know. Consequently we lost two challenges in a row and that resulted in me being voted off second.

Q: Given the choice, would you have liked to have had Richard or Sue on your team once again?
Rudy: If I had a choice I would pick Sue. They're both strong, dependable and I would just pick Sue. Richard is just a wise guy but he's pretty smart but anyway, I'd pick Sue.

Q: If you had to make an alliance out of members of the other tribes, who would you choose and why?
Rudy: For one, I'd pick Sue and I would probably pick Richard because I could trust both of them people in the first Survivor. I would pick Rupert because he's a man of his word and he stuck to it. And 4 people in an alliance is enough to win in that show. That gets you to the final 4 and it's cutthroat between you four.

Q: What was your reaction when you got the call from the producers about another shot at it? Are you happy with your decision to do the show?
Rudy: Yeah, I'm happy with my decision to do the show. The first inkling I had I might be on the show was when we were in NY in Carnegie Hall. When I got on stage I got probably the biggest standing ovation of all the people. Later Jeff Probst came up to me and asked how I'd feel about doing an All Star Survivor and I say sure I'd do it and that's all I said and I guess it went from there.

Q: How do you feel JP has changed from the first Survivor to now. How has the show changed?
Rudy: I think the first show, Jeff was new... he was as new as were and even CBS didn't realize how big this was going to be. Since the first show, we just finished the 8th one, I think Jeff's refined himself after each show and now it's almost automatic to him what he's going to do. When I left the show the comments he made to me made me feel happy with him and I guess other people feel that way with him too.

Q: Rudy it was sad to see you leave, you're great. Did Rupert give you any sign that the others were going to vote for you?
Rudy: No Rupert didn't give me any sign and I don't know if he knew anything or not but actually there was nothing he could do about it even if he did know -- it was 3 to 2. Rupert stood by me because it showed him making his vote at the end of the show and he voted for Ethan just like I did.

Q: How far could Jeff Probst or Mark Burnett make it competing in Survivor?
Rudy: Laughs. Everybody in the world knows who those are and I think just on that they'd vote 'em off right away. If nothing else, for someone to get even with them.

Q: Are you taking your wife on any fun trips now that you are back?
Rudy: I got an agent and I told her that if she wants to send me someplace if my wife don't get to go, I don't go. My wife goes every place with me. I'm glad she's there because I hardly have to think. She does all the thinking for me and I like that.

Q: Was there someone from previous Survivors that you expected to be there but wasn't?
Rudy: Yeah. Colleen from the first show. I thought I'd see her there but didn't. Just a day or so I read she was asked to come back but turned it down. She's pretty quiet. Once we parted from the first Survivor I'd never seen her again. Everyone else I saw at least once.

Q: How do you feel about the girls lying to you about voting you off?
Rudy: At first I was mad. I made a couple of dumb statements but since then I've thought about it and they were absolutely correct. I agree with it.

Q: You're an inspiration to people of all ages. Who did you find the most annoying out there.
Rudy: Nobody was really annoying. I wasn't there long enough to be annoyed! I got voted off I think on the fifth day and that's before the infighting starts. I think if you get through about 4 or 5 TCs you have it made because you're just about merged and then the in-fighting starts. You sit back and watch and they vote against each other. That's the way to win.

Q: Would you encourage more mature people to apply for the show?
Rudy: Boy. Y'know the older you are, the harder time you're going to have. In the beginning there's alot of athletics which leaves the older people dragging. After a while, they throw some stuff in where you gotta use your head and this eliminates the athletes. And you get to a certain place in the show were a mature person has a chance to win. Unless you get into an alliance then you got a chance.

Q: Do you agree with voting off previous winners first?
Rudy: I don't agree with voting them off first. If you don't have another excuse to vote someone off that's a good enough excuse but I wouldn't deliberately go after these people. There's nothing wrong with winning twice. If they can do it, good luck.

Q: Rudy what was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in the game?
Rudy: Really nothing embarrassed me. You know I wasn't there that long.

Q: Was your Seal team friends happy to see you not paired up with Richard this time? And did you get any friendly ribbing from them about your first time there?
Rudy: The first show I rubbed suntan lotion on Richard's back before I found out he was a homosexual and when I got back I apologized to the Atlantic Fleet about that. My fellow members still let me know about rubbing suntan lotion on his back.

Q: Have you watched all the Survivor shows since the beginning? If so which is your favorite?
Rudy: I watched all the shows and as far I'm concerned, they are all good. This one right here now might be the best yet, if not, the first one was the best.

Q : Do you think that Jerri is playing a different game this time...like keeping her mouth shut...
Rudy: I think Jerri is playing a different game this time. In fact, when I got voted off she actually had tears in her eyes which surprised me but I'm going to have to y'know thank her for the way she felt about me when I see her.

Q: How come you couldn't start a fire being a Navy Seal?
Rudy: *laughs* We don't learn how to start fires in the SEALS and I couldn't show you 600 SEALS that can rub sticks together and start a fire. After the first show every boy scout or adventure person I ran into I asked if they could start a fire rubbing two sticks together and they all said yes but no one's shown me yet. And don't go to a lumber yard and find two pieces of dried wood, go into the woods and find two sticks that have been rained on and try it!

Q: Specifically what did you talk about with your tribe that made you believe that you were not going to be voted off?
Rudy: Early on in the game Jenna came around and said let's get rid of the two people that won, Tina and Ethan. I said that sounds like a good idea to me and by that time Rupert and I were already allied and he agreed. As far as I was concerned that's the way we were going to vote. Then, we had a few competitions and people saw I was lagging a little, maybe a bit slower than I was three years ago and they changed their mind. That's how I got voted off.

Q: Everybody talks about Survivor being tough, are there times when you actually have fun out there?
Rudy: Yeah, there's some funny situations out there. I don't know if they'd seem funny to anyone else but to us they seem funny. For instance, all we had was white rice, no salt, no pepper. I used to spray salt water on my rice for some flavor and then that salt water is where'd I'd peed two hours ago too!...and that adds some flavor too!

Q: Why do you think Tina Wesson called you "Grouchy" in her chat? Did you do anything to her that we didn't see?
Rudy: I didn't know she called me that *laughs* They call me whatever they want, I don't care. I probably was grouchy to her for some reason or another.

Q: Do you remember Gretchen? Do you think she should have been asked back?
Rudy: Gretchen was an outstanding contestant. Yeah, she probably should have been asked back. I'm probably one of the big reasons why she got voted off and that was because she was good. Anybody that's good you gotta get rid of because they're the reason you can't win. You gotta vote 'em off.

Q: Who if any, is your least favorite Survivor of all time? And how is your most liked?
Rudy: I am probably my favorite Survivor of all time and I just can't pick a least favorite.

Q: Did you ever talk to Ethan about going against the girls?
Rudy: No, I never did talk to Ethan about that. I didn't think I had to. The way things were set up, Ethan would have been the second voted off but it's probably better for the tribe that he wasn't because he's a much better athlete than I am and they needed him

Q: Is Sue as tough as she appears to be?
Rudy: Sue Hawk is a real strong girl. I mean I seen her come down the beach with big logs on her back I don't think I'd even think about picking up. She could probably work like that all day long and I think she got that from Wisconsin, where she's from. She's a real good girl and she's strong.

Q: With all of your accomplishments, what in your life are you most proud of?
Rudy: I'm most proud of being a SEAL all my life. Y'know, being a SEAL is not an easy task. I was one of the original SEALS which were picked in 1962, about fifty of us out of the Navy and I was just glad to be a SEAL.

Q: Who do you think is the smartest player out there right now?
Rudy: That's hard to say because the only people I was associated with was Hatch, Sue and Jenna. The rest I watched on the show but really didn't work with them so I really couldn't tell ya who the smartest would be... whoever's the most conniving...

Q: What was the most difficult survival situation you've ever been in?
Rudy: Boy, I went to alot of survival schools. In fact, some right there in Panama and it's hard to say. I was in the military for 45 years and we had all kinds of hard situations and I can't say any one of them was easier than the next.

Q: There's some real run down 75 year olds out there, but look at you! To what do you attribute your youthfulness?
Rudy: Like I said I was in the SEALS for most of my life and for the first hour and a half of the day we did physical training. I left in 1990 and I kept it up. I might have gotten slower, but I kept it up. That's the most important thing, keeping your health and it takes a lot of discipline to do that.

Q: Sorry to see you go so soon. Who will you most miss not being able to do "battle" with?
Rudy: Really our tribe was getting along pretty good. I think Ethan was worried about getting kicked off next but it turned out he didn't have anything to worry about. I wasn't battling anyone, really. We all got along

Q: How has fame changed you?
Rudy: Fame didn't change me at all. I retired in 1990, in the year 2000 I put in for Survivor, was picked and did it. Ever since 2000 I've been running around the world showing my face. It didn't change me at all. The money I got, I have most of it to my kids. I'm doing okay money-wise so I don't need nothing.

Q: Have you met the two Robs and what do you think of them?
Rudy: I met one, Rob C and he seems like a nice buy. The other Rob I never met so I couldn't comment on him. I've seen him on TV and he seems like a wise guy. But the other one was a good conniver and I thought he was going to win that Survivor he was on but he didn't. They're both probably nice guys but both have their ways of doing things.

Q: Are you going to be on any other TV shows soon?
Rudy: As far as I know right now, I don't have nothing scheduled as far as TV but I wouldn't doubt that something comes up.

Q: Our time with Rudy is up. Rudy thanks for being here. Do you have any final comments for the Survivor fans?
Rudy: If I was you people out there I'd go out for Survivor and maybe you can get on the 9th one. It's coming up so be prepared!

---------------------------------------

Couple of things hit me:

Q: Did Rupert give you any sign that the others were going to vote for you?
Rudy: No Rupert didn't give me any sign and I don't know if he knew anything or not but actually there was nothing he could do about it even if he did know -- it was 3 to 2. Rupert stood by me because it showed him making his vote at the end of the show and he voted for Ethan just like I did.

So we know Rupert didn't tell him anything.

Q: Have you met the two Robs and what do you think of them?
Rudy: I met one, Rob C and he seems like a nice buy. The other Rob I never met so I couldn't comment on him.

Patagonia spoiler, anyone?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rudy's Webchat idiotcowboy 02-06-04 1
   RE: Rudy's Webchat Brownroach 02-06-04 2
       agreed idiotcowboy 02-06-04 4
 RE: Rudy's Webchat buckeyegirl 02-06-04 3
 RE: Rudy's Webchat Get Bent 02-06-04 5
 RE: Rudy's Webchat I_AM_HE 02-06-04 6
 RE: Rudy's Webchat crayZoZ 02-06-04 7
 RE: Rudy's Webchat Acawap 02-06-04 8
   YOUR PS crayZoZ 02-06-04 9
   RE: Rudy's Webchat MattyMax 02-06-04 10
       RE: Rudy's Webchat Brownroach 02-09-04 12
   RE: Rudy's Webchat Blow by Blow 02-09-04 13
 RE: Rudy's Webchat GetMeOuttaHere 02-06-04 11
 RE: Rudy's Webchat TanNymph 02-09-04 14
 RE: Rudy's Webchat bondt007 02-09-04 15
   RE: Rudy's Webchat Raistlin212 02-09-04 16
       RE: Rudy's Webchat bondt007 02-09-04 21
           RE: Rudy's Webchat Raistlin212 02-09-04 23
       RE: Rudy's Webchat KObrien_fan 02-09-04 22
 RE: Rudy's Webchat Get Bent 02-09-04 17
   RE: Rudy's Webchat Brownroach 02-09-04 18
       RE: Rudy's Webchat Get Bent 02-09-04 19
           RE: Rudy's Webchat curtisknewyork 02-09-04 20
               RE: Rudy's Webchat Loree 02-09-04 24
       RE: Rudy's Webchat wendyp 02-10-04 25
           RE: Rudy's Webchat Get Bent 02-10-04 26
               RE: Rudy's Webchat Brownroach 02-10-04 27
                   Effect of Ruperts Vote Get Bent 02-10-04 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-06-04, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
> Patagonia spoiler, anyone?

Probably so, but not as sure fire significant this season since we know these people know each other.

-ICB

02-06-04, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
It doesn't sound like Rudy knows very many of them though. He only talks about the S1 folks. And he says he's only seen Rob M on TV. It seems doubtful he would have met Rob C between the end of S6 and ASS. (Though I don't know what Carnegie Hall function he's talking about.)

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-06-04, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "agreed"
Just wanted to point out that these people do attend events together from time to time, so them knowing or knowing about each other is not as telling. That being said you make an excellent point that their opportunity to do that was extremely limited (ie 5-6 months tops). At this point given the initial boots I think its safe to assume the Patagonia informiation is completely accurate and that Rob C will not be making it to the merge and likely wont make it past Episode 4.

-ICB

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Thanks for posting this Brownroach! The line about meeting Rob C, and not Rob M. jumped out at me as well. Makes me think that Rob M. doesn't make it to the loser lodge.

A bird's eye view of your A.S.S.

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-06-04, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-04 AT 06:31 PM (EST)

BR,

Yes Rupert didn't tell Rudy of his pending demise. He did make a good point in saying that it didn't matter if Rupert had told him or not. So according to Rudy, Rupert is a man of his word.

I did find it interesting that he felt positively about Jenna, and that she did not run the tribe. Sometimes the editing does throw off reality doesn't it...

I think I finally found a signature Mr Yuk I can use! YEAH!!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Q: Who if any, is your least favorite Survivor of all time? And how is your most liked?
Rudy: I am probably my favorite Survivor of all time and I just can't pick a least favorite

- RMMNW!!!

crayZoZ 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-06-04, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crayZoZ Click to send private message to crayZoZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Interesting interview

>>Rudy: No. I trusted Rupert right
>from the beginning. Me
>and Rupert made an alliance
>and I said I could
>trust him and we'll stay
>together until the end of
>the program. I trusted
>Rupert and as you can
>see at the end of
>the show Rupert voted against
>Ethan
>
and
You know when you get
>voted off you're mad at
>the world and I made
>a couple of dumb statements.

Perhaps the dumb statements included "Rupert not clueing Rudy in on his imminent boot"
Easy to see this hitting the cutting room floor. KOB's post on the sleek thread about the love tribe editing looks right on the money for this comment as well.

MB want Rupert to be the loveable rogue and I doubt any confessionals showing him outside this persona will be show. Sort of fits with the confessional editor theory for sleek28.

> Since then I've thought
>it over and the tribe
>was exactly correct in voting
>me off.

I reckon Rudy would have been madder than hell and this landed on the cutting room floor as well. If he was indeed that angry its easy to see Rupert subsequently doing a justify confessional for not telling him - much like sleek28 stuff has said.

>we lost two challenges in
>a row and that resulted
>in me being voted off
>second.

Indicates they lost only TWO IC in a row - next boot is from another tribe - supports RobC sorta

Cheers
crayZoZ

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-06-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
I just wanted to not that going into ASS, Rudy was my all-time favorite survivor (with special consideration made for Elisabeth, for a completely different reason ;)), and after this, he is even more so.

The man has honor, is humble, and doesn't hold a grudge for stupid stuff like 99% of other contestants do. He and Rupert would've been a perfect duo.

With that said, I think Rupert blew it. He has an alliance with the most trustworthy survivor of all time, and has two former winners on his tribe. Instead of allying with the two winners and Rudy making a fearsome four-way alliance (with the knowledge and experience, athleticism, and honor -- I still remember Tina giving up immunity because her teammate (rodger???) needed it worse), he chose to listen to Jerri and Jenna?????????????

If Tina had still been on the tribe, and say, Jerri was gone instead, it's entirely possible that Ethan wouldn't have been so desparate, and they would've figure out the 'pull the boat out of the water, don't bail it' theory. Instead, Ethan and Jerri sunk the dang thing.

Then, maybe stupid Shii Ann would be gone and my buddy Rudy would still be on!!!

Also, once the teams merged, an alliance with Tina and Rudy would've probably pulled in Colby and Richard as supplemental alliance members, and let the Pagonging begin!

Although Rupert will do fine this show, he really, really had a shot at final 4, and probably winning the whole thing.

JMO.

<insert acawap picture here>

ps -- since this had no spoiler value whatsoever: I heard from a reliable source that Shii Ann and Sue make it to the finals, and Shii Ann wins. discuss.

crayZoZ 29 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crayZoZ Click to send private message to crayZoZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "YOUR PS"
First Snewser, then C1 then Sleek26 and now

ACAWAP

Look out for Shakes

Cheers
crayZoZ

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-06-04, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
ps -- since this had no spoiler value whatsoever: I heard from a reliable source that Shii Ann and Sue make it to the finals, and Shii Ann wins. discuss.

Uhh.. what kind of reliable source is this? Do you know someone who knows a survivor? Who? Where? Or are you just joshin' us?

MM

02-09-04, 12:45 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Um, the last one.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-09-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
>>Instead of allying with the two winners and Rudy making a fearsome four-way alliance

Well that would have been darn clever, if Tina could be trusted. She was definitely slippery in the Outback and had only one true alliance (with Colby). Yeah, she probably would have used Ethan as a Colby2 and stuck with the other guys. I'd have been laughing my ass off if Jerri or JennaL was gone first.

It would be a big gamble because they'd end up with an old-folks tribe that probably wouldn't be winning too many challenges, so they'd just have to hope that there'd be a merge or shuffle once they were down to four people. Oh well, it didn't happen.

BTW, my source tells me that Amber forms a secret alliance with Sue and they go all the way to f2 and Sue wins.

-BbB

GetMeOuttaHere 43 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GetMeOuttaHere Click to send private message to GetMeOuttaHere Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Ethan is not the next person in his tribe to get voted off.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-09-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Did anyone think his comments re: the rice were odd? They didn't have rice yet. I guess he was referring to S1.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-09-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"

Q: Did you hate the tribe that you were in when you found out who the All Stars were?
Rudy: No I was together with these 6 people for about 3 days before they actually told us we were a tribe and I was glad to be with them. Rupert had a good name. Jenna is a good athlete. I didn't know about Jerri. Didn't know her well. So I really couldn't complain about the people in our tribe.

...and....

Q : Do you think that Jerri is playing a different game this time...like keeping her mouth shut...
Rudy: I think Jerri is playing a different game this time. In fact, when I got voted off she actually had tears in her eyes which surprised me but I'm going to have to y'know thank her for the way she felt about me when I see her.

Interesting "chat" regarding Jeri, who, according to Sleek - is voted off soon. Why would Rudy not get to know her, or have a chance to thank her, if they spent any amount of time at LL together? Could this mean that Jeri might make the jury and not get to talk to Rudy?

Raistlin212 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-09-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Raistlin212 Click to send private message to Raistlin212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Why would Rudy not get to know her, or have a chance to thank her, if they spent any amount of time at LL together?

According to the spoilers, one theory about the losers this season is that they get shipped off to somewhere out of the way. It seems like the first 4 bootees will get sent to Patagonia for a short while. Since Jerri isn't included in that particular trip (apparently) we can infer she makes it to the final 12. Then I think the idea is that MB sends the next batch who get booted before the jury cutoff (aka the next 3?) on a different trip. That would be the one Jerri would go on (if sleek and others are correct).

I guess what I'm saying is that there isn't a traditional Loser's Lodge for this season.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-09-04, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"

Yes, understood - however, why does he have an opinon of Rob C.?

Just trying to fly in the face of Sleek, ask questions so that we are not just following along -

Raistlin212 17 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Raistlin212 Click to send private message to Raistlin212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
According to both the Patagonia Spoilier and sleek, Rudy and Rob C are in the first 4 bootees. That means they will have lots of time to get to know each other while out riding.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
There is actually 18 all stars, the first 4 go to Patagonia (per the spoiler), Jenna M Ostens and goes home (but comes back later and joins LL), and the next 4 get sent to Mexico (per the spoiler). This leaves 9 (a jury of 7 and F2).

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

02-09-04, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-04 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

Lot's of people are holding it against Rupert that he didn't tell Rudy he was next to go. But the following question from the Web Chat indicates that Rudy didn't care if Rupert did know and didn't tell him. He knew it would not make a difference.
------
Q: Rudy it was sad to see you leave, you're great. Did Rupert give you any sign that the others were going to vote for you?
------

Also, there is a lot of discussion that Rupert and Rudy should have alligned with Ethan and maybe Jerri to get rid of Jenna, or even better, allign with Tina and Ethan earlier. This is a good idea, and would have worked only if it wasn't obvious that former winners would not stand a chance. The alliance of four would need additional people once the merge took place, and wouldn't help much in the merge to two tribes anyway as they will be split up. With other winners probably being voted off (other winners being obvious additional alliance partners), thier alliance would not stand a chance, and being alligned with a former winner would ensure that they would go after the aforementioned targeted winners. So I think Rupert and Rudy went the right way with Jerri and Jenna.

I wish Rudy was three years "faster" so he would not have been a liability, because he was very fun to watch!

02-09-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-04 AT 05:39 PM (EST)

Lot's of people are holding it against Rupert that he didn't tell Rudy he was next to go. But the following question from the Web Chat indicates that Rudy didn't care if Rupert did know and didn't tell him.

I'm not bashing Rupert because I personally think he did the right thing. But what I find interesting is that Rupert didn't hold himself to the same standard he appeared to hold Sandra to at the final TC of S7. In his jury interrogation Rupert asked Sandra if she knew that he was getting the boot when he did -- implying she should have told him if she knew anything.

02-09-04, 06:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Good point, I hadn't thought of that. My comment wasn't directed at you in particular however. I noticed other comments in this thread and in others that think that Rupert stabbed Rudy in the back. My point was only that Rudy did not hold that same opinion.

curtisknewyork 14 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curtisknewyork Click to send private message to curtisknewyork Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Conclusions:
1.Rudy not knowing Rob M confirms the fact that Rob M is in the top 2...

or

2.MB & JP are planting and misdirecting through the chats and other outlets...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Rudy not knowing Rob M just means Rob M is not in the first few boots that go to Patagonia. He could still end up in Mexico or on the jury.

I think with all the spoilers and what Rob M looked like when he returned that he goes further in the game. But he wouldn't have to go that far for Rudy to not know him.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-10-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
I agree with you about Rupert's question to Sandra.

But being devil's advocate here...Rupert never said he would vote for Rudy to the girls. He could have told the girls I am voting for Ethan in hopes that they change their vote. The girls could have said they would think about it. So he may not have known for sure.

02-10-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
Wendyp,

I agree. Plus, he had a four day alliance with Rudy, and a twenty or so one with Sandra. So I think Sandra not letting Rupert know is a different animal than Rupert not letting Rudy know.

BrownRoach, I just realized I did address you directly a few days ago. SORRY! Same thing though. I had just seen a lot of Rupert bashing, and my posts were not really aimed at you. I just wanted to get across that Rudy did not feel he was betrayed.

02-10-04, 11:44 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Rudy's Webchat"
No need to apologize, Get Bent -- actually I didn't think you were addressing me at all. I was just opening my post by saying that I personally didn't feel that Rupert had done anything terrible.

02-10-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
28. "Effect of Ruperts Vote"
I don't know if it has any spoiler value, but Ruperts vote (and discussions leading up to the lote) is interesting.

1. It let the others know of his alliance. Therefore making himself vulnerable regardless of whether Rudy left or not. But particularly after Rudy left he was more vulnerable.

2. It gives ammuntion for Jerri, Jenna and Ethan to allign against Rupert. He possibly made an enemy out of Ethan, who could convince the women to get rid of Rupert.

I know it looks like Sabogo won't have another TC. But I really think Rudy leaving left Rupert very vulnerable in Saboga.

This may be why he appears to go farther after the first merge. With Saboga split up, Rupert is a good swing vote kind of person being the new guy on the block. If he has at least one other Saboga member who is not Ethan, they have a swing vote of two to use (similar to Jon and Burton in S7).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •