The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-05-04, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... volsfan 02-05-04 1
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... tribephyl 02-06-04 2
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... Get Bent 02-06-04 3
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... Blow by Blow 02-06-04 4
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... I_AM_HE 02-06-04 5
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... tribephyl 02-06-04 6
           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... mistofleas 02-06-04 14
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... redbeard103152 02-06-04 7
           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... okaloosajohn 02-06-04 8
               RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... redbeard103152 02-06-04 9
           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... allstarr 02-06-04 10
 Good Ideas volsfan 02-06-04 11
   RE: Good Ideas SnowBunny 02-06-04 13
 Jerri's New Strategy samboohoo 02-06-04 12
   RE: Jerri's New Strategy volsfan 02-06-04 15
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... mistofleas 02-06-04 16
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... udg 02-06-04 18
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... volsfan 02-06-04 21
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... Brownroach 02-06-04 25
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... Thistlethorn 02-06-04 33
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... Scarlett O Hara 02-11-04 47
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... SurvivorBlows 02-06-04 17
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... geg6 02-06-04 19
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... speedyforme 02-06-04 20
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... volsfan 02-06-04 22
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... tribephyl 02-06-04 42
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... SurvivorBlows 02-06-04 23
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... mistofleas 02-06-04 24
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... volsfan 02-06-04 27
           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... speedyforme 02-06-04 29
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... MattyMax 02-06-04 39
           RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... Chez 02-07-04 46
 RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... RobinHood 02-06-04 26
   RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... mistofleas 02-06-04 30
       RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Epi... okaloosajohn 02-06-04 34
 OFG Theory Brownroach 02-06-04 28
   RE: OFG Theory bdemoney 02-06-04 31
 Shark attack pic volsfan 02-06-04 32
   RE: Shark attack pic okaloosajohn 02-06-04 35
   RE: Shark attack pic speedyforme 02-06-04 36
   RE: Shark attack pic mistofleas 02-06-04 37
       RE: Shark attack pic volsfan 02-06-04 38
       RE: Shark attack pic wildchickenhunter 02-06-04 40
       RE: Shark attack pic SurvivorBlows 02-06-04 41
           RE: Shark attack pic TenPin 02-06-04 43
               RE: Shark attack pic hapology 02-06-04 44
                   RE: Shark attack pic mavsfan 02-07-04 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-04, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
Great caps! Thanks for doing this...I just wish we had some challenge pics!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
JP: Next time on Survivor...Rupert and Jerri go head to head.
Rupert: "I know what I did, I've done my s--t for years."
Jerri: "Rupert is a complete control freak. Let's just do it."

In these shots you can see Rupert, Jenna1 peeking out from behind Jerri and Ethan. Jerri seems to be talking to a fifth person. Someone in front of her. To which she says the "Let's just do it." part.
My thought is that JP is the one Jerri is talking to. Maybe he is proposing some sort of deal to them.

/Ethan: "Rupert and Jerri had a fight, perfect. Just what I wanted."

These shots seem to be from a confessional. They certainly have that look. But Ethan is not looking at the camera. He is talking to someone else. Who?

Now about the lack of challenge shots, that may be in part due to the "spoiler" of Jenna6's departure. When Mike left, before the challenge the immunity was not held. No challenge shots to use.
The other reason may be because JP is making deals instead of holding a challenge. Like the deal is a challenge? His proposals to each group may just be how the RC plays out.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-06-04, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
Tri, or tribe S7ABCAbP Winner!

I think you are right about JP. With Jenna leaving, he would most likely have to propose something to the other tribes. Jerri wouldn't say let's do it to an interviewer. It seems like it has to be Jiffy P. I also agree that the lack of challenge shots is due to Jenna's leaving.

I do think Ethan is talking to an interviewer in confessional however.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-06-04, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
The thing about Ethan - we frequently see these people speaking to someone off camera, but usually they're in a 'confessional' spot and they're usually sitting, as though they're in a long interview. So I'm thinking that Ethan is doing an on-the-spot interview necessitated by some shift in the game dynamic (like Jenna leaving).

About Jerri - I can easily see her talking to Rupert while not looking at him. The guy is kinda scary. From what we saw in S7, I wouldn't say this is a real fight (like popping Johnny's head off). But it's entirely possible she's talking to JP.

-BbB

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
If you are correct tribe, could Jiffy be proposing that because they have lost the first 2 ICs, they have the option to split themselves between Mojo Jojo and Chappy? The first twist/merge?

- RMMNW!!!

02-06-04, 04:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
You said...because they have lost the first 2 ICs, they have the option to split themselves between Mojo Jojo and Chappy? The first twist/merge?

That's what I'm thinkin'.

Plus only shots of Saboga with buffs, okay a couple of rich, with no buff mind you.
Maybe the switch is next week? Tis why no one else is seen with buffs on or why no challenge shots.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
okay a couple of rich, with no buff mind you.

Or in the buff as it were!

--isn't sure how much more of FNF she can take

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-06-04, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
I think this is exactly what is going to happen. A swap or switch will happen in this episode after Jenna M leaves. Jerri makes a choice or is placed on a team where she will be soon eliminated and Rupert will still be around to say "I told ya so" And there will be no TC this week.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-06-04, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
I can understand why there might not be an IC, but why no RC? Frankly, I can't imagine taking up the whole show with Jenna's departure. That will be boring to tears.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-06-04, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
Think alot of the time will be taken up by JPs deal and the twist that will lead to the three tribes becoming two however it happens.

allstarr 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-06-04, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail allstarr Click to send private message to allstarr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-04 AT 08:35 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-06-04 AT 08:34 AM (EST)

I think that is what happens too. It would explain Jenna L and Rupert going so far in the game while the rest don't. I bet Rupe and Jenna go to Chapera, (ok, I wish) and Jerri and Ethan go to Mongo Mongo.
Rob M ---- -Lex
Amber ---- -Cathy
Tom ---- -Shii Ann
Alicia ---- -Colby
Sue ---- -Rich
**Rob C** ---- -**Jenna M**
Rupert ---- -Jerri
Jenna L ---- -Ethan
**my guess for leaving this episode.**
The only problem I see with this is why merge after only three people have gone? If anything that is evening up the odds. I also speculate that Rob C will go anyway in a TC. It would make more sense to have 7 on each team for the merge. These are my two merge teams. Anyone else agree? The final 7 (supposedly)
are Amber, ROb M, Tom, Rupert, Jenna L, Alicia and Shii Ann.
Now look at how many come out of Chapera? Shii Ann must outlast the rest of her tribe.

02-06-04, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Good Ideas"
Tribe,

You have some good ideas and I like it that Jerri may be talking with Jiffy P. However, I do believe that there would be a reward challenge. No reason not too. Also, spoilers have said the Jenna quits at a challenge and makes a dramatic exit. Not saying that the spoiler is correct. Just saying.

Also, the day Skupin fell in the fire, they had a tribal council anyways. If and when Jenna quits...I say she quits and the game goes on as planned.

IMHO...

SnowBunny 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-06-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBunny Click to send private message to SnowBunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Good Ideas"
I am wondering what Ethan is looking at. From this perspective, it almost looks like Jenna1 may be holding something that Ethan is reading over her shoulder.

Could this be a clue to a key for the crate, and the tribe is considering looking for this key?

Could this be tree-mail telling them that Jenna M has left the game?

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Jerri's New Strategy"
So much for keeping her damn mouth shut.

02-06-04, 09:49 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Jerri's New Strategy"
Hey...it lasted six days! A little longer than I thought it would!

02-06-04, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
We also could be looking at something as simple as the tribe deciding to move their shelter or location of their fire. Or that Rupert took it upon himself to change something without asking everyone else. OR that everyone else wants to change something and Rupert is holding out.

With Jeri saying that Rupert is a "control freak" it seems more like this would be something having to do with camp life as opposed to an offer that Jeff is giving them that affects everyone. Ethan and Jenna are a little too quiet for this to be a game altering situation. I know Jenna would have something to say and not be just standing there if Jeff were in their camp. It looks more to me like Jeri (an the others) are looking at where something was or should be as opposed to a person.

The CBS website has this for next week: Nature's fury and an unexpected twist send all the castaways on an emotional roller coaster ride.

Natures fury makes me think even more that the Jeri/Rupert vid-caps are camp type stuff.

Those are just my initial thoughts on this part of the preview.

--is happy to be back

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-06-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
That was my impression as well.

---
UDG <--is happy you're back

02-06-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
21. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
I am so glad you are back...u know I like to stalk u on spoilers!

Good ideas Misto and a great way of putting things together! I like it!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
I had the same take as you, Misto. The control-freak issue is something to do with the camp. I think Jerri turning away to say, "let's just do it!" is just "end-of-conversation" body language.

As for Ethan not seeming to look directly at the camera, I don't think that's a big deal either, this clearly seems to be a confessional, imo.

Thistlethorn 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-06-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thistlethorn Click to send private message to Thistlethorn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
Could they be having trouble with and looking at the surf ala the Morgan Tribe? Or maybe they are talking about killing a pelican....sorry.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-04 AT 10:10 AM (EST)

"We also could be looking at something as simple as the tribe deciding to move their shelter or location of their fire."

I think you hit the nail on the head Misto! My take is that Jerri is whining about her lack of sleep because of the bug bites and she insists that the tribe move their shelter from the jungle's edge to the beach. Rupert, the experienced Panamanian Survivor, argues that this is a bad idea, as the tide will come up and wash their camp away. Well Jerri wins out -- the Sabogos move their shelter to the beach, they trek off somewhere for some reason and when they return, they find that the tide has indeed come up and washed their shelter away. Rupert can and does say "I told you so!"

Scarlett

02-06-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
I agree with the idea that the Jerri/Rupert scene is NOT Jerri talking to an off-camera Jiffy -- it's just Jerri going on a rant and not looking at Rupert.

Ethan's body lanaguage -- looking down at a map or something that JennaL might be holding -- clearly indicates someone who's trying to stay out of the situation and accomplish the task at hand.

My guess is that they are talking about moving the camp -- probably because some natural event damages the current camp or something. Rupert has one idea... Jerri has another (didn't she lead the decision to build S2's camp in a dry riverbed?) and Ethan is trying to stay out of it and stare at the map.

Later he's in a on-the-fly confessional with a cameraman/producer...

The lack of challenge images might have to do with a merge from 3 to 2 tribes, but I don't think any of last night's vidcaps have to do with that process. The weekend previews should help resolve this idea.

Re: Rich's "shark attack" if you look at the caps, this is much more a case of "man attacks shark" than it is "shark attacks man." And it can't be a very large shark if Rich can wrap his hand just about completely around it...

-SB

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
SB, this is why you are my hero. I had the same reaction to the Jerri/Rupert scene. She's held it back as long as she possibly could and now shows her true self (look in the mirror, Jerri, before calling anyone else controlling!. She's not in complete harpy mode, but Rupert does seem to find it amusing. Ethan is just letting the fireworks fall where they may. And Jenna sitting in the background is not typical of her behavior around Jiffy.

Re: Rich's "shark attack." Me thinks they did get the title right. It is a shark attacking a shark.

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
i dont think the SPLITTING of tribes is ready yet...

Saboga only lost 2 ppl...

i think they would only do this if they were down to 3 ppl

not to mention Jenna M's departure...

i agree with the MOVING shelter/fire etc....or whatever...

02-06-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
22. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
SB, I was just thinking about the merge from 3 tribes to 2 and thought of this. We are now down to 16 contestants, the original number of 8 members on two tribes.

We know that this is the episode where Jenna quits. Even if she didn't quit, after this episode we will have 15 Survivors. I think the merge to two tribes will happen at an even number. So, if the merge isn't this coming week...it will be in two weeks.

Just my thoughts...

02-06-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
42. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
Wow!
Alright, I seceed. You all are right about JP probably not being at camp.
Also about Ethan's conf. Nothing too odd there.

In the web shots you can see the Saboga camp is sunken into the ground. Whether on purpose or not, it is in a different position then it has usually been in.
Therefore, the fight most likely has something to do with camp life, not a JP Deal.

That and the new press release mentions a crate of stuff for the winning team at RC. Therefore at least one challenge is held.

Oops...on all accounts. Musta been too late(or early).

02-06-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
23. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
One more thought on the shark event -- it looks to me like Rich is probably in a maximum of 3-4 feet of water when he finds the shark.

While he seems to be snorkling when he first finds it, he clearly seems to be in more of a half-crouching position -- perhaps trying to get some leverage -- when he grabs it. The thing almost looks like more of an eel than a shark.

Given the lack of the obvious appearance of the machete, combined with the shallow water which indicates a proximity to shore, I think that A) he probably has no real pre-determined plan here and instead just stumbles on this thing while out swimming, B) he's probably planning on trying to simply grab it by the tail, lift it out of the water, and fling it the 20-40 feet onto shore, C) I doubt it works out.

-SB

02-06-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
24. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
I had just been looking at those caps as well webby and I'm in agreement with you. It looks like Rich out there trying to get anything he can grab. He levers up a rock and out comes an eel type fish (I too don't think what we're seeing in the vid-cap is the shark). He grabs it and probably plans to twist it or just throw it to shore. There may be a shark that was looking for a meal as well and wants to take it from Rich. Isn't he saying in the preview "I wasn't giving it up"?

I could be off base with that last part but that's the scenario I'm envisioning.

--hopes this weekend bring more clarity

02-06-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
27. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
You two maybe right. If Richard has a hold of the shark...that is one small/skinny shark! It does look like an eel.

Hopefully we can get more info over the weekend?

02-06-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
um, it DID look like a shark to me...

it was def thicker than most eels, not to mention, no human would wrestle a great white or something...obviously it is some SMALL shark like they saw in the Marquaces or something smaller...

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-06-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
I gotta agree with you, misto, that's an eel. My guess is that he was wrestling the eel and then the shark wants the eel too. (which is different than what we see in the overhead 'stock' shots)

Richard say's "Screw it. I'm not leaving the thing there, I'm going home with food." If he was hunting a shark, he wouldn't say he was 'leaving it there' if he didn't take one home. Without any tools, I'd think it difficult to catch a shark.

This phrase makes much more sense if you suppose that he grabbed an eel, and the shark was attracted by the scuffle and tried to fight richard for it. "Screw it (getting hurt). I'm not leaving the thing (the eel) there." So Richard put up a fight. he's not gonna lose his food to another predator.

MM

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-07-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-04 AT 09:39 AM (EST)

Why would Rich say "I'm not leaving the thing here" unless it hardly seemed worthwhile. Maybe he had the eel, but the shark took a big bite, leaving practically nothing. Then Rich's comment would make sense. But, there would still be a little meat, so he takes it back anyway.

RobinHood 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-06-04, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RobinHood Click to send private message to RobinHood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
My First thought when Jerri said Rupert was such a control Freak was the fishing spear. Maybe he wont let anyone touch "HIS" spear. Any ideas?

02-06-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
30. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
Maybe he wont let anyone touch "HIS" spear

It's a thought, but Ethan is the one who made the spear, not Rupert.

--thought it was funny when at TC Rupert said "I caught a fish. I poked it with a stick."

02-06-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: VIDCAPS: Survivor All Stars Episode 3 Preview"
Are there two spears, then? 'Cause I'm sure I saw Rupie whittlin' on one in the first episode. Maybe they both worked on the spear?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "OFG Theory"
Will this be viable for ASS?

According to OFG theory, one of Rupert, Jerri, Ethan and Richard (I don't think Jenna L's leg counts) should be getting the boot next week. No footage of Jenna M shown.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: OFG Theory"
I realize that this is totally off the subject but thought people may find this article of interest.

http://www.canada.com/calgary/story.asp?id=9D776B87-18E1-4C4B-A5C1-A85ED3CB75C4

It basically rakes C1 over the coals for thinking Ethan would go first (or was that second...hee, hee) It also references Varner's reports and other information on the spoiler boards. Nothing to help us determine who's booted next (although I would say Jenna quitting and Rob. C. next seems to be universally accepted.......although I could just be speaking on my own behalf) Anyway thought you guys might enjoy the article.

02-06-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
32. "Shark attack pic"
Here are pics that Survivor Fever has up that came for the Web Preview...I am gonna include the pics at the end that I think deal with the shark attack...

I have no clue what the last two are?

Is that the shark attacking Richards arm in the third pic?

02-06-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Shark attack pic"
"Is that the shark attacking Richards arm in the third pic?"

Looks to me like Richard (if that IS Richard), is trying to hold on to the shark...that would fit in with the "no way I was gonna let him get away" sound bite I think I heard.

02-06-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Shark attack pic"
i saw that too in picture #3...either Richard is holding it or is being bitten by the shark.....weird

02-06-04, 03:20 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Shark attack pic"
Thanks Vols honey for bringing the pics over.

If the shark in the vid-cap is not stock footage and is actually the one that Richard encounters, then we know for sure it's not something that he pulls out from under that rock. It's hard to tell without perspective in the picture, but it doesn't seem like that large of a shark, though still one to make Richs heart go pitty pat.

In this one:

It looks like Rich is getting into the a good position to defend himself from a shark. (which is to kick, poke and hit them in the nose by the way)

I personally think we're dealing with a lot of hyper hype and it will be a silly nothing but it's still fun!

--is husband this weekend and will thus be vid-cap analysis girl

02-06-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Shark attack pic"
Your welcome Misto!

I believe it won't be that big of deal myself. On the clips lastnight, Richard was talking about the event in the past tense...so he isn't hurt that bad!

I will be analyzing vid caps as well this weekend Misto! I have absolutely nothing to do! WOO HOO!

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Shark attack pic"
(which is to kick, poke and hit them in the nose by the way)

I tried to pick a sharks nose once..... Holds up stump of an arm and waves

02-06-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Shark attack pic"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-04 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

It looks like the same small shark to me -- you can kinda tell by the fins.

My guess is that Rich tries to grab it near the rock, and somehow pulls it close to his chest and wraps his forearm against it's head -- causing the shark to be pinned between his forearm and upper chest and therefore unable to thrash about.

...it's a kinda dangerous move -- if the shark's jaw breaks free it might nip at Richard's arm or chest, but I'm guessing a small shark of this size is probably not a deadly threat. And for a desperate former winner -- it's a move I can see Rich deciding is worth taking.

I don't think the shark is the aggressor at all... personally I hope he comes up with the shark and sticks around for a awhile, because Richard certianly is more interesting than some of the other folks in his tribe.

And Rich looks pretty unhurt in the below post-shark event interview:

-SB

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Shark attack pic"
The shark that Dique is holding in the vid-caps is a nurse shark, known for sitting on the bottom, even under rocks. Nurse sharks have an under slung jaw, and have a difficult time biting “out” (a fact the Rich is probably quite aware of). It isn’t much of a threat, unless you try to carry it right next to your body. (like in your armpit!) Dique gets a little nip that surprises him, but does very little to hurt him (imho).

TenPin
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intellegent, but the most responsive to change."
Charles Darwin

hapology 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-06-04, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hapology Click to send private message to hapology Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Shark attack pic"
My first post, but was there not some speculation about a scar on Rupert's arm during the reunion show for S7? It might be that Rupert tangled with the shark and got nipped.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-04, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Shark attack pic"
A similar thought crossed my mind.

Maybe it's Rupert that goes after the shark resulting in an injury/scar.

I still think It's Richard that goes after the shark, but I think it's worth further consideration since this week is likely to be slow with Jenna M. already going home this week and all.

Could Richards comment about "not letting it go" be about a squabble in camp between two players? Richards in a relatively week position, getting other players to fight could be a good strategy for him.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •