The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-04, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
February 2, 2004

THE ALL-STAR SURVIVORS ARE STUNNED BY HOW QUICKLY THEIR LIVING SITUATIONS HAVE TURNED DESPERATE, ON "SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS," THURSDAY, FEB. 5, ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"Panicked, Desperate, Thirsty As Hell" -- The All-Star survivors face a desperate situation, on SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS, Thursday, Feb. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Amid abysmal living situations at the camps, a hero emerges for one tribe. Another castaway fails miserably over and over while trying to be useful to their tribe. A battle of the sexes annoys one All-Star, but fuels the fire for another. Despite being veterans of the game, Tribal Council still manages to draw tears. Who will be the next All-Star to fall?

And the second All-Star is voted out of the tribe.

CHAPERA (Red):
AMBER BRKICH, "Survivor: The Australian Outback"/TOM BUCHANAN, "Survivor: Africa"/ALICIA CALAWAY, "Survivor: The Australian Outback"/ROB CESTERNINO, "Survivor: The Amazon"/SUE HAWK, "Survivor: Borneo"/ROB MARIANO, "Survivor: Marquesas"

SABOGA (Yellow):
RUDY BOESCH "Survivor: Borneo"/RUPERT BONEHAM, "Survivor: Pearl Islands”/JENNA LEWIS, "Survivor: Borneo"/JERRI MANTHEY, "Survivor: The Australian Outback"/TINA WESSON, "Survivor: The Australian Outback"/ETHAN ZOHN, "Survivor: Africa"

MOGO MOGO (Green):
COLBY DONALDSON, “Survivor: The Australian Outback”/RICHARD HATCH, “Survivor: Borneo”/SHII ANN HUANG, "Survivor: Thailand"/JENNA MORASCA, "Survivor: The Amazon"/LEX VAN DEN BERGHE, "Survivor: Africa"/KATHY VAVRICK-O’BRIEN, "Survivor: Marquesas"

SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS is produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett is the executive producer.

For more detailed information on SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS, log on to www.cbs.com/survivor.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... speedyforme 02-02-04 1
   RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... allstarr 02-03-04 8
   RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... mookiemeister 02-03-04 16
       RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... Sneezles 02-03-04 17
 RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... Brownroach 02-02-04 2
 RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... KObrien_fan 02-02-04 3
   RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... munson 02-02-04 4
       RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... CaptainP 02-02-04 5
   RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... SnowBunny 02-02-04 6
       RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... volsfan 02-03-04 7
   RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... Scarlett O Hara 02-03-04 18
 RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... SurvivorBlows 02-03-04 9
   RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... Brownroach 02-03-04 10
       RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... bdemoney 02-03-04 11
           RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... MourC 02-03-04 12
               RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... okaloosajohn 02-03-04 13
                   RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... MourC 02-03-04 14
                       RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... Brownroach 02-03-04 15
                           RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press r... ruppiefan 02-03-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-02-04, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
>February 2, 2004 Amid abysmal living situations at the camps, a hero emerges for one tribe.

can that be RUPERT with the fire??

Another castaway fails miserably over and over while trying to be useful to their tribe.

Poor RUDY???

A battle of the sexes annoys one All-Star, but fuels the fire for another.

OH NO, my poor MOGO MOGO tribe

Despite being veterans of the game, Tribal Council still manages to draw tears. Who will be the next All-Star to fall?

POOR RUDY, mercy vote

allstarr 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-03-04, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail allstarr Click to send private message to allstarr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"

> Another castaway fails miserably over
>and over while trying to
>be useful to their tribe.

>
>Poor RUDY???

Wow! I wrote out my own answers for this before reading the posts and I agree with everything you said. Heck I pretty much just matched my answers to yours! but one thing I disagree on is this onequote of yours.I think Rudy has to much pride as a military man to be desperate. I think that Rob C. is the one who is trying desperately. From all spoilers he is the first out of the tribe. Not sue who could care less about fire and helping. Now why would he be first unless something was leading up to it. Alicia and Rob M are arguing, Tom is minding his buisness and Amber has latched on to Rob M. This leaves on misfit with no where to go. I think he tries to make fire-can't. He tries to build shelter-can't, and he tries to find food-can't.Chapera decides he is good for nothing and sends him on his way at the first tribal council. Just my opinion!!

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-03-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
Do the tribes still need to make fire on their own after episode 1? I thought 2 tribes won their fire during the IC and the looser tribe got their fire from the tribal council? Otherwise, what's the point of lighting their torch during the tribal council?

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Sneezles 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-03-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sneezles Click to send private message to Sneezles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
at the end of the tribal council jiffy pop makes them leave their torches b/c they don't have fire yet.

ALSO!

the cbs website shows this...

A female castaway is vexed by several male tribemates when she tries to show them how to make fire.

I think this is Kathy. They showed her trying to make fire with her glasses on the preview.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
Amid abysmal living situations at the camps, a hero emerges for one tribe.

Is this when Richard finally deigns to light a fire at Saboga?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
Amid abysmal living situations at the camps, a hero emerges for one tribe.
Dicque the flame thrower

Another castaway fails miserably over and over while trying to be useful to their tribe.
Rudy

A battle of the sexes annoys one All-Star, but fuels the fire for another.
Alicia/Rob M

Despite being veterans of the game, Tribal Council still manages to draw tears. Who will be the next All-Star to fall?
Tears from Jenna L, Rudy to fall

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-02-04, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
How about tears from Rupert as Rudy is booted? We all now he wears his heart on his sleeeve and he's just backstabbed his buddy?

CaptainP 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-02-04, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CaptainP Click to send private message to CaptainP Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
Yeah, and in the previews, it shows Rupert with watery eyes in a confessional. I think he's saying something like the game is hard on him and he's really strong, so he can only imagine how bad it is effecting Rudy.

SnowBunny 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-02-04, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBunny Click to send private message to SnowBunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
I question the "Rudy" suggestions re: the castaway failing miserably. To me, Rudy seems way too laid back to care all that much about failing in efforts to help the tribe.

Instead, I would consider perhaps a player who:
A. Is not confident that he/she really is deserving of being on All-Stars. (perhaps not having even made it to jury before?)
B. Is in awe of the other All-Stars and wants to impress a personal "hero" or such.
C. Believes his/her survival in the game depends on contribution to the tribe.

We saw the nervous laughter from Kathy after Richard caught her discussing a girl power alliance. She has the personality, I believe, to let something like that throw her game off for a little while.

We know of Rob C's admiration for some previous survivors (like Richard, but not on the same tribe) and he may be trying to impress someone.

Amber and Shi may not be confident that they should have been chosen for this game, and are also relatively weak compared to other women like Alicia. They may be worried that these two factors could lead to an early boot for them, and try to make up for this by contributing more to the camp.

Rupert knows one disadvantage he may have is that he hasn't built personal bonds with the others through public appearances and previous experiences. He also knows his best asset is his ability to contribute. But, we saw in vid-caps that he believes that the elements and conditions are even killing HIM.

I think I would pick any one of these others before picking Rudy for this. If the hint were more like "fails miserably in a challenge", it might be another thing. But the "useful to the tribe" makes me feel more like it means contribution around the camp.

Of course, I may be very very wrong.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
Snowbunny, I agree with you when you say that Rudy may not really let it bother him that he is failing. He didn't seemed beat at all about not being able to build fire. Even when Jenna made fun of the idea. Rudy doesn't let his fellings show about stuff like that.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-04, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
You've got it K.O. -- except Dicque is not the Hero of this show -- this is Rupert's show -- he is the Hero -- he lights the first fire for his tribe!

Scarlett

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
I don't think Rudy is too worried about impressing people -- especailly now with Tina gone, Ethan's head clearly next on the block, and his alliance with Rpuert by all accounts being solid.

If anyone should be trying to impress people, it's Ethan.

-SB

02-03-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"

Agree, this is not Rudy. Here's the wording from the CBS website blurb:

A nervous castaway keeps failing miserably when trying to be useful to the tribe.

I think it refers to Ethan as well:

1) As you say, Ethan already has reason to be nervous: he's next on the chopping block.
2) Ethan has been shown in caps with Jenna, and with Jenna and Tina, trying to start a fire. He may be attempting this task over and over and over to no avail, until...
3) Rupert finally gets a fire going (the cap of him jumping up and down). Ethan would likely feel useless -- and even more nervous -- if Rupert accomplishes what he's been trying, and failing, to do.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-03-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
I agree with your take on that matter br. Ethan does have a reason to be nervous and if he was trying to help out and failed, only to turn around and see someone else was able to do what he had set out to accomplish, he would feel terrible!

I also think that their tribe will be going to tc next. Both sleek and c1's boot picks are from the saboga tribe so unless they are both way off I think the 'tears' will be shed from one of these tribe members. Wonder which one? If Rudy, maybe Rupert for turning on him. If Ethan, I don't think anyone would cry about it. Makes me tend to believe the sleek spoiler more.

MourC 37 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MourC Click to send private message to MourC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
Even if Rudy would be the one to go Rupert would not have to break the alliance Ethan Jenna and Jerri vote Rudy then Rupert and Rudy vote Ethan, I think it would be easy for Jenna and Jerri to get Ethan to vote with them since Ethan's head is already on the chopping block, I think someone already mentioned it but not sure

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-03-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
True. But then that wouldn't fit the spoiler which says Rupert betrays his alliance with Rudy.

MourC 37 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MourC Click to send private message to MourC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
sorry i must of missed where that was mentioned

02-03-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
It's from Sleek28's info, which may or may not be legit; time will tell.

ruppiefan 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-03-04, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ruppiefan Click to send private message to ruppiefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: CBS All Stars Episode 2 press release"
I have a c-band satelite {those huge dinosaur dishes} the previews for episode 2 were very differant from my local broadcast. The c-band previews showed Rupert catching a fish. Ethan whined about him only being out there a short time. Maybe Rupert will be the teams food provider again. It looked like he had speared it with that stick he whittled. 1st post: be nice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •