The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Amanda's play"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-03-08, 06:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Amanda's play"
Iltarion...I AM giving Amanda credit.

I thought it was great gameplay to volunteer to go to EI. I also give her points for her preserverance when digging up that final clue on EI.

I didn't see it as Erik or Cirie "offering" any information to Amanda. And when a targeted player asks other players if they are going to vote for him/her at TC, I hardly consider that "talking them into the information". It's merely asking a question and the player has to decide whether to answer it honestly or not. If anything Erik was being honest with Amanda and if he had half a brain in his skull (which he doesn't) he would have defended himself in that manner to the jury.

As far as lying is concerned, in my book I make these two distinctions. There is the lie one initiates, and there is one committed out of reaction when you are pressed between a rock and a hard place. I don't recall anyone specifically asking her about the clues, so initiating a lie about the current is well...just that...a LIE. I suppose there are those who break "lies" in various degrees as you did. I don't know...in my mind it's like saying someone is only "a little bit pregnant". Either they are or they aren't. So in my book either you initiated a lie or you didn't initiate a lie. To each their own.

The only reason I'm making a semi-big deal about it is because Amanda felt the need to make a general announcement at TC that she didn't lie in that one instance. When watching the episode and Amanda was twirling the idol in celebration and announcing she didn't lie, within two seconds I turned to those I was watching with and said "Why the heck doesn't Erik NOW call her out to the Jury on the lie she DID make just as he was called out for being honest to Amanda. Everyone in unison answered because Erik is a dumba$$.

As for a her gameplay with Cirie as "great"...Amanda wins if she makes it to the Finals regardless of whatever she did last episode. So any gameplay with Cirie or Parvati was irrelevant in my opinion as far as winning the game. The only player who could have beaten Amanda in the Finals was James...and the medical team gave her an early birthday present there.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Amanda's play   garcor     05-01-08       
   RE: Amanda's play   Karchita     05-02-08     1  
     RE: Amanda's play   Spanky68     05-02-08     16  
         RE: Amanda's play   Karchita     05-03-08     28  
             RE: Amanda's play   Spanky68     05-05-08     36  
                 RE: Amanda's play   Karchita     05-05-08     37  
                     RE: Amanda's play   Spanky68     05-07-08     38  
   RE: Amanda's play   cycles2k     05-02-08     2  
   RE: Amanda's play   dabo     05-02-08     3  
   RE: Amanda's play   iltarion     05-02-08     4  
     RE: Amanda's play   Runnr3003     05-03-08     30  
   RE: Amanda's play   MattyMax     05-02-08     5  
   RE: Amanda's play   citywitch     05-02-08     6  
   RE: Amanda's play   mia rules18     05-02-08     7  
     RE: Amanda's play   Wacko Jacko     05-02-08     8  
         RE: Amanda's play   michel     05-02-08     14  
             RE: Amanda's play   Zimbochick     05-02-08     15  
         RE: Amanda's play   nailbone     05-02-08     17  
             RE: Amanda's play   PsychoKitty     05-02-08     25  
         RE: Amanda's play   mysticwolf     05-02-08     24  
             RE: Amanda's play   PepeLePew13     05-07-08     39  
                 RE: Amanda's play   Karchita     05-07-08     40  
   RE: Amanda's play   KeithFan     05-02-08     9  
     RE: Amanda's play   NedraSue     05-02-08     10  
         RE: Amanda's play   tjcrew     05-02-08     11  
         RE: Amanda's play   Wacko Jacko     05-02-08     18  
   RE: Amanda's play   agman     05-02-08     12  
     RE: Amanda's play   mindy23     05-02-08     13  
         RE: Amanda's play   iltarion     05-02-08     19  
             RE: Amanda's play   Brownroach     05-02-08     20  
                 RE: Amanda's play   citywitch     05-02-08     23  
   RE: Amanda's play   michel     05-02-08     21  
     RE: Amanda's play   CTgirl     05-02-08     22  
   RE: Amanda's play   Aruba     05-02-08     26  
     RE: Amanda's play   garcor     05-02-08     27  
     RE: Amanda's play   iltarion     05-03-08     31  
         RE: Amanda's play   Aruba     05-03-08     32  
             RE: Amanda's play   iltarion     05-04-08     35  
                 RE: Amanda's play   Aruba     05-07-08     41  
         RE: Amanda's play   Jims02     05-03-08     34  
     RE: Amanda's play   citywitch     05-03-08     33  
   RE: Amanda's play   Karchita     05-03-08     29  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •