The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RE: Tape it for me for 3 days..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

LindaOz53 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-19-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LindaOz53 Click to send private message to LindaOz53 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RE: Tape it for me for 3 days..."
Bebo,

Regarding your warning about "unauthorized" activity and locking the topic, if you are an "administrator" on this site, I suggest you identify yourself as such and explain exactly WHY this is a problem. Otherwise I recommend you seek help for your control issues. I didn't realize it was a "crime" to ask someone to share their copy of the 3 episodes I'm going to miss and offer them a very nominal sum for their time and trouble! Normally the purpose of not admitting sale of copies is to prevent taking business from a site that is selling copies, which is obviously not the case in my request as "authorized" copies are not provided for sale. Admonishing someone for something so harmless is ridiculous and only discourages fans who are keeping interest in the show, in other words (r-a-t-i-n-g-s), which help the show.

For others, it will be 3 days in the week after Thanksgiving that I will miss. If any kind soul could help me out sharing tapes for those days, please email me at sunnydobe@aol.com (as this topis will probably be locked again by the "control police".

Thanks much.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 An explanation and a plea Cygnus X1 11-19-05 1
   RE: An explanation and a plea goldie1000 11-19-05 2
       RE: An explanation and a plea AshLanie 11-19-05 3
           RE: An explanation and a plea EnfanTerrible 11-19-05 5
   RE: An explanation and a plea Snidget 11-19-05 4
   RE: Cygnus ? goldie1000 11-19-05 6
       RE: Cygnus ? Snidget 11-19-05 7
       RE: Cygnus ? universityofkentuckyrocks 11-19-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "An explanation and a plea"
Thank you for participating in RTVW. Alerted.

The rest of this post is to the rest of the SO posters, but I realize it doesn't apply to the vast majority of you. We're glad to have you on here.

Maybe Bebo won't say it, but I will. She and the other moderators (including SurvivorBlows, the board owner) have tried again and again to make everyone aware of the ground rules. By using this board, you implicitly agree to abide by these guidelines. If you don't want to abide by them, don't post here: there are other SO boards for you to enjoy, or you could create your own. We are all guests here at the pleasure of the board owner. (He started these boards because he didn't like how another one was run!)

The mods don't like the fact that Bunim-Murray just sent everyone here without any prior consultation any more than you liked having your boards pulled out from under you. That being said, they're not going to change how they run these boards. The vast majority of us appreciate how they are run, as well as the time that the *volunteer* mods put into keeping these boards neat and tidy.

If you have a beef with the mods, e-mail them; don't debate them here on the boards (and insulting them will get you nowhere but banned!). You can e-mail any other user by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any post. All posting your e-mail address will accomplish is bringing you lots of spam.

Do you know why the boards don't encourage things like taping programs? Because if they did, BMP could sue the owner for violating copyright law. And if so, we'd no longer have any boards.

Please, please, please read our guidelines if you haven't done so. We don't want anyone to leave who doesn't want to, but it's important you know who we are.

Once again, the ones who need to hear this know who they are. It's not intended for the vast majority of you.

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-19-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldie1000 Click to send private message to goldie1000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: An explanation and a plea"
Without Bebo here and the other mods, I couldn't imagine what it would be like. It would be a free-for-all !

I can't believe someone is dumb enough to post their e-mail address also

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-19-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: An explanation and a plea"
Nods.......it would be a free for all just as were the message forums on the official web aite for S.O.

I did reply to the orginal post but only say no shows next week. But should have left it alone.

Oh well, I like it here....one can type about the housemates without getting fifty plus replies calling you ever name in the book.

Mods do a good job n cleaning up what messes are made here...what I didn't know is that the Owner and mods do ths for free...wow...

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: An explanation and a plea"
I second that, Ashlanie!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: An explanation and a plea"
If anyone bothers to look Bebo as well as the other moderators specific for these forums are listed. Click the blue Starting Over on the side or Conferences above to see all that info for all the various forums.

In any non-locked thread the Moderators have little blue people blobs next to their name as well. Most of the extras like that seem to disappear in the locked threads.

I hereby declare you: 'Blacksmith of the Underworld'--ZombieBaby

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldie1000 Click to send private message to goldie1000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cygnus ?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-05 AT 04:48 PM (EST)

Even after reading the ground rules, sometimes I am not quite sure if I have followed the guidelines.
In replying to posts.
I try to choose my wording very carefully in that respect.

Could calling another poster out, be considered as bashing.
When in fact the poster originally made the comment themselves.
I guess I should give an example:
Apprentise thread. General Discussion, African American thread.
My response to Tyra.
Is that considered bashing ?
Calling her out for something she had said herself.
I wasn't sure if I should re-word that response or not.

She was the cause of our Lisa thread in the Top Model forum - locked

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cygnus ?"
This is my view of it.

Are you talking about what they said, or talking about them when you "call them out".

Often "calling someone out" can look like "you are a..."

Usually if you stick to discussing what they said, but don't say anything personal about them that tends to keep you out of trouble.

So "I do not agree that X is a Y, because...." is almost always going to be OK. But "You are a.... if you think X is a Y" is attacking the person.

If you look up "ad hominem" on google you can find a lot of how to discuss a point without attacking the person. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem is the wikipedia entry about it and has a lot of info.

If "calling them out" involves board violations then it is better to hit the alert button rather than do anything that could get you in trouble.

I hereby declare you: 'Blacksmith of the Underworld'--ZombieBaby

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-19-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cygnus ?"
PM a Blue Peeps Goldie.

And to the SO peeps, they don't want the web site to be torn down, therefor they don;t allow this.

Alerted the thread.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •