The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Manor House- PBS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-03, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Manor House- PBS"
New reality show on PBS starts Monday night called Manor House. Another in the PBS "house" series such as 1900 House and Frontier House. The premise is 19 people brought together to live in a house set in Edwardian Britain. Very Upstairs, Downstairs according to the promo. I'll probably watch. Here's the web site.

http://www.pbs.org/manorhouse/

blacknwhitedog
It's just a show, I should really just relax...mst3k

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Manor House- PBS TNSurvivorFan 04-29-03 1
 RE: Manor House- PBS AZ_Leo 04-29-03 2
 Did anyone else watch? AZ_Leo 05-01-03 3
   RE: Did anyone else watch? blacknwhitedog 05-01-03 4
 RE: Manor House- PBS Peteycat 05-01-03 5
 RE: Manor House- PBS Exiled producer 05-21-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TNSurvivorFan 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-29-03, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TNSurvivorFan Click to send private message to TNSurvivorFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Manor House- PBS"
I watched 1900 House, Frontier House, and the last one set in England during WWII (can't remember the name) and loved them all!! I watched Manor House last night and will probably catch most of the remaining episodes, give or take. These show's are not only entertaining, but educational. So, you don't feel so guilty about being a couch potato Glad someone was watching......

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-29-03, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Manor House- PBS"
I watched and enjoyed it too. Could the cast have fit people's stereotypes any better? These people, especially the "upper servants" and the family, look and act exactly like you would expect and seemed to immediately step into their roles. There's Mr. Edgar, the old, stern butler, Mrs. Davies the kindly housekeeper, M. Dubiard, the tempermental French chef that yells at everyone, etc.

Do you think they will ever find a young, 18 year old girl willing to stick out being a scullery maid for the entire 3 months (they are already on #3 in 2 weeks).

If you haven't seen but have a liking for Masterpiece Theater and Agatha Christie, I strongly recommend the Manor House.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-01-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Did anyone else watch?"
Just curious to see if anyone else watched this and what you thought. I found it excellent. It was great to see several levels of society and how they interacted (or didn't). It was also interesting to see how easy the family slipped into the master roles and how, at the end, they thought much was lost from that period where the servants had the complete opposite experience.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-01-03, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did anyone else watch?"
I watched it and I just kept saying to the TV- "what did you think you would have to do when you signed up?" I just don't get it but they certainly picked some whine-y girls to be the scullerly maid. My favorite person on the show so far is the little kid- Master Guy.

btw- I think the other show was called 1940's House. I think Frontier House has been the best so far because there was kind of a competition amoung the families.

Another quality Ice Cat creation 2003

Peteycat 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-01-03, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peteycat Click to send private message to Peteycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Manor House- PBS"
I watched the show too. I agree AzLeo, the entire cast fit the stereotype. But I didn't expect to get all wrapped up in it. Oh how I can't stand "Sir John" and his wife! Talk about not knowing the difference between reality and fantasy - wow! Do you think he actually believes the junk he was saying?
And I felt so bad for the "servants".

Exiled producer 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-21-03, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Exiled%20producer Click to send private message to Exiled%20producer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Manor House- PBS"
I saw one episode of Manor House and enjoyed the "educational aspect" of it, as for the cast, I think a few of them did not know what the heck they were getting themselves into.

I am definately going to watch Colonial House ( the next installment on PBS ) when it starts to air, I will have a forum going on that when it comes out.

Thanks!

Jen

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •