The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP1 Hindsight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-30-04, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP1 Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-04 AT 07:47 PM (EST)

Hindsight

This thread was suggested as a place to discuss each episode after it airs…a place to use hindsight to review our assumptions, learn from our mistakes or confirm our predictions…a place to refine our spoiling by using hindsight as our feedback.

Thought I would put it in place so that it’s ready for Sunday night.

While waiting for EP1 to air we might list a few things to look for…

Vidcaps:

In hindsight we will be better able to distinguish the EP1 vidcaps from those of future episodes.

Clothing:

While we have been speculating about what the “clothes on their backs” means, we will have a much better idea what clothes each of the contestant really has.

Tina’s Theory:

While Tina probably won’t be around for long, her theory will. We can look to see who’s sitting next to whom in camp, at Tribal council and as they walk to and from Challenges.

Key Confessional:

We can look for the “key confessional” like those of Brian, Clay, Jenna M. and Jon from past Survivor seasons…

Narrators:

MB usually selects a narrator from each tribe to tell the story of that tribe leading up to the first merge. The narrators are usually safe until the merge.

Varner and Sleek28:

Both Varner and Sleek described tribe dynamics in great detail. Hindsight can be used to check the accuracy of their statements as we assess their value for spoiling future episodes.

Romance:

Will we get confirmation of the “romance” that JP mentioned in his interviews?

Vidcap analysis:

Was our analysis accurate or did we make some false assumptions that we might learn from?

Strategies Revealed:

Will early alliances be revealed to us that we might speculate will fail in the future episodes?

Three Tribes:

We’ve speculated about how three tribes might work for years and we will finally get to see it play out. How will the format work. We have speculated about who wins immunity, who wins reward, etc. Now in hindsight we will be able to confirm our speculation.

Fire?

Brownroach raised some interesting questions about who gets fire when in another thread. Does Chapera win fire and lose it? Is the challenge on day 2 or 3? Hindsight will answer these questions...

Editing of the Final 2:

Each season MB seems to take a slightly different approach based on the concept and story he’s trying to tell. Based on the early rumors, Rob M. and Amber may be the final 2. How will the editing of Rob and Amber compare to that of the F2 from past seasons?

What else should we look for as we prepare, and what will we learn in hindsight?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP1 Hindsight GrendelsMom 01-31-04 1
 RE: EP1 Hindsight DRONES 02-02-04 2
   RE: EP1 Hindsight Round Robin 02-02-04 6
 RE: EP1 Hindsight Lisapooh 02-02-04 3
 RE: EP1 Hindsight SnowBunny 02-02-04 4
 RE: EP1 Hindsight Blow by Blow 02-02-04 5
   RE: EP1 Hindsight DRONES 02-02-04 7
 I have a question... udg 02-02-04 8
   RE: I have a question... Breezy 02-02-04 10
       RE: I have a question... MattyMax 02-02-04 24
           RE: I have a question... Loree 02-02-04 37
               Truly Driving me crazy MattyMax 02-03-04 50
                   RE: Truly Driving me crazy okaloosajohn 02-03-04 56
                       RE: Truly Driving me crazy Loree 02-03-04 59
   RE: I have a question... GetMeOuttaHere 02-02-04 39
       RE: I have a question... udg 02-02-04 43
           RE: I have a question... Blow by Blow 02-02-04 45
 RE: EP1 Hindsight Flowerpower 02-02-04 9
 RE: EP1 Hindsight Bebo 02-02-04 11
   RE: EP1 Hindsight PepeLePew13 02-02-04 12
       RE: EP1 Hindsight munson 02-02-04 18
   RE: EP1 Hindsight KObrien_fan 02-02-04 14
       RE: EP1 Hindsight PepeLePew13 02-02-04 15
 RE: EP1 Hindsight Scarlett O Hara 02-02-04 13
   RE: EP1 Hindsight okaloosajohn 02-02-04 16
       RE: EP1 Hindsight KObrien_fan 02-02-04 17
           RE: EP1 Hindsight Blow by Blow 02-02-04 20
               RE: EP1 Hindsight munson 02-02-04 22
                   RE: EP1 Hindsight allstarr 02-02-04 23
                       I don't believe Rudy is next. mavsfan 02-03-04 51
                           RE: I don't believe Rudy is next. Brownroach 02-03-04 54
                               RE: I don't believe Rudy is next. okaloosajohn 02-03-04 57
                           RE: I don't believe Rudy is next. mrc 02-03-04 61
               RE: EP1 Hindsight okaloosajohn 02-02-04 28
 RE: EP1 Hindsight Scarlett O Hara 02-02-04 19
 RE: EP1 Hindsight KeithFan 02-02-04 21
   RE: EP1 Hindsight Blow by Blow 02-02-04 27
       RE: EP1 Hindsight KObrien_fan 02-02-04 29
           RE: EP1 Hindsight KeithFan 02-02-04 30
   RE: EP1 Hindsight Scarlett O Hara 02-02-04 32
       RE: EP1 Hindsight volsfan 02-03-04 53
           RE: EP1 Hindsight Loree 02-03-04 60
 RE: EP1 Hindsight Brownroach 02-02-04 25
 RE: EP1 Hindsight wendyp 02-02-04 26
 CBS Morning Show Transcript Get Bent 02-02-04 31
   RE: CBS Morning Show Transcript munson 02-02-04 33
   RE: CBS Morning Show Transcript wendyp 02-02-04 34
       RE: CBS Morning Show Transcript Cyanide4U 02-02-04 35
           RE: CBS Morning Show Transcript Blow by Blow 02-02-04 36
               RE: CBS Morning Show Transcript udg 02-02-04 42
 RE: EP1 Hindsight oddout 02-02-04 38
   RE: EP1 Hindsight Cyanide4U 02-02-04 40
       RE: EP1 Hindsight udg 02-02-04 44
           RE: EP1 Hindsight Cyanide4U 02-02-04 46
 RE: EP1 Hindsight udg 02-02-04 41
 Jenna/Jerri convo munson 02-02-04 47
   RE: Jenna/Jerri convo KObrien_fan 02-02-04 48
       RE: tribal council - slithering sna... ADKer 02-02-04 49
       RE: Jenna/Jerri convo udg 02-03-04 52
           RE: Jenna/Jerri convo Blow by Blow 02-03-04 55
               RE: Jenna/Jerri convo udg 02-03-04 58
               RE: Jenna/Jerri convo Aeroangel 02-04-04 62
 RE: EP1 Hindsight Get Bent 02-04-04 63
   RE: EP1 Hindsight tribephyl 02-04-04 64
       RE: EP1 Hindsight Get Bent 02-04-04 65
       RE: EP1 Hindsight PhillyBrat 02-04-04 67
   RE: EP1 Hindsight okaloosajohn 02-04-04 66
   RE: EP1 Hindsight TeamJoisey 02-05-04 68
 swoop TeamJoisey 02-05-04 69

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-31-04, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
An excellent list, KB. Might I also add:

Past relationships:
There has been some speculation as to how the game will be affected by the fact that these contestants know each other coming into the game. Hindsight of Ep1--especially in strategy confessionals--will reveal how this is beginning to play out and may give clues as to its course in future episodes.

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-02-04, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Spoiling seems to be pretty accurate for this episode. From the way they arrived to who got booted.

Did Ethan seem a bit surprised that past winners were targeted? That surprise seemed to grow into a bit of anger at TC. Does his fustration begin to grow at this possibility resulting in a hissy fit? I also wonder if this realization leads to the possible quiting of a former winner because of the writing being on the wall? I see this growing into a real issue leading to the first 21 days that Jify was talking about.

DRONES

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-02-04, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
This "writing on the wall" angle might be something that helps push Jenna M. out when she leaves. I have read it speculated that when she realizes that the former winners are being targeted, she thinks, "What the hell, these people aren't giving us winners a chance, and I've got a sick mother at home, I'm outta here", and leaves in dramatic fashion at an IC. If Ethan were to pitch a hissy fit it wouldn't surprise me.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-04, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
I thought Alicia's confessional of the first team to get fire and water will be the one that goes furthest in the game was important. Of course I thought that at the time becaus I was assuming they would get fire and then water after winning the challenge.

SnowBunny 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-02-04, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBunny Click to send private message to SnowBunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Rob M's confessional quote about being "the brains behind the operation". Could this be the write me the cheque line of the season? Please no.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-02-04, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Great topics for discussion, thanks for putting these out there. A couple of early comments:

Clothing - they all seem to have some options of what to wear. Swimsuits, shorts, shirts, light jackets, hats. Unless they were going in like Joey playing strip poker and were wearing everything they owned. I think the inside info that producers picked their attire is probably true.

Tina's Theory - I didn't see too much of this in the first episode. Mogo Mogo seemed to be mixing it up awfully well and their detante on alliances might be one of the reasons behind that. People who seemed isolated were Ethan, Tom, Sue, Rob C, probably others.

Romance - I'll be awfully surprised if this isn't Amber and Rob M. I loved his reasons for being in alliance with her, "She's beautiful." One stupid day on the island and he's hard up.

Strategies Revealed - tough to say early on. They hit us over the head with the strong personality players talking about their new, mellow strategies (Alicia, Jerri, Rupert). I think these will all fail, but they're not really strategies anyway. What I thought was interesting is we didn't see Rupert's response when Ethan asked him to vote for Jenna. Is Rupert going to do more lying this time around? If so, shouldn't we have seen that?

Fire - we blew this one with the assumption that at least one tribe would come away from the challenge with some fire. Clearly they're making this tough for everyone. I assume in the next ep there'll be a RC for fire and only one tribe will win.

Another category I'd like to throw out there is "Gut Reaction" to the first episode. Who did you get a good read on? Who impressed you? Who was lame? Who 'wasn't there'? My thoughts are this:

Unimpressed: Jerri, Tina, Ethan, Jenna L, Sue, Alicia,
Impressed: Colby, Rich, Lex, Rob M, Tom
Neutral: Rudy, Rupert, Kathy, Shii An, Rob C
Wasn't there: Amber, Jenna M

Tribe assessment:
Saboga - They have a problematic division between winners and non-winners, they don't seem to have open communication on a tribe-wide basis, they didn't seem to have a vision for the tribe, mostly they just seemed to sort of 'be there'. Maybe this is why they lost the IC. They blew the start.

Mogo Mogo - This tribe seems to have the best chemistry and communication, despite Rich's efforts to stir up controversy. I can see them doing well if they stay cohesive. I thought Shii An's comment, "it wouldn't be any fun if Rich was gone on the first day," was interesting.

Chapera - 'Buffoon tribe' was an excellent description. They have crappy communication. Alicia, Tom, Sue and Rob C all seem to be on their own. Rob and Amber are in love. But hey, they worked cohesively when it really mattered and when their was no time to talk and argue.

-BbB

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
I like your addition of gut reaction and Tribe assesment:
impressed:Lex, Rob M., Rob C., Alicia, Jerri, Dicque, Colby, Rudy, Jenna L.
unimpressed:Amber, Jenna M., Shii Ann, Ethan, Sue
neutral:Kathy, Rupert

sabogo: they are in trouble and if they loss next week and vote out Ethan they will be in even more trouble from a physical stand point.
mogo mogo: This will be a stronger tribe w/o Rich stirring the pot.
chapera: He Rob M. why is it that you always end up on the buffon tribe...hmmmm. They are like that family that never gets along but when push comes to shove they band together.

DRONES

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I have a question..."
I'm not sure this is the right place to put this, but I don't see a better place.

Didn't Tina have glasses? And if so, couldn't they have used her lenses to try to start a fire? I would expect that any lenses strong enough to be needed would also be curved enough to focus bright sunlight at the equator enough to get some grass smoking.

---
UDG

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I have a question..."
It was Kathy with glasses on, and I wondered why they didn't try to start a fire with the lenses.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: I have a question..."
Seriously!!! I think that's why richard said he could have fire 'at the blink of an eye', I think it was a reference to Kathy's glasses. Is everyone else BLIND to this fact?!

Why did Kathy get her glasses when Ethan, Tom, Jenna L. or Jenna M. didn't get theirs! Maybe they're for fashion...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: I have a question..."
I was really wondering when I saw Kathy's glasses too. Maybe they only let her have her glasses in the evening. But I thought all former survivors would know to try the glasses for a fire.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "Truly Driving me crazy"
Alright, Lor, I thought your theory was pretty good, but I looked back at the tapes and Kathy was wearing her glasses DURING day 2. It was very, very bright out.

WTF?!?!?!

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-03-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Truly Driving me crazy"
Answered elsewhere, I believe. The explanation was that the glasses wouldn't focus the sunlight. Wrong focal length...

02-03-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Truly Driving me crazy"
Plus Tina has since said they tried using Rudy's glasses and they were not really helping.

GetMeOuttaHere 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-02-04, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GetMeOuttaHere Click to send private message to GetMeOuttaHere Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: I have a question..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-04 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

>I'm not sure this is the
>right place to put this,
>but I don't see a
>better place.
>
>Didn't Tina have glasses? And if
>so, couldn't they have used
>her lenses to try to
>start a fire? I would
>expect that any lenses strong
>enough to be needed would
>also be curved enough to
>focus bright sunlight at the
>equator enough to get some
>grass smoking.
>
>---
>UDG
There is a picture in the Jan.17-23 issue of TV guide which shows Ethan,Jenna L.,and Tina trying to start a fire.Jenna is clearly holding and pointing glasses at the attempted fire.I'm not sure who the glasses belong to,but Tina did have access to glasses before she got the boot.BTW,my son pointed this out.

02-02-04, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: I have a question..."
I remember that, too. And, check out this one on the CBS site.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor8/show/episode01/photogallery/photo08.html

---
UDG

02-02-04, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: I have a question..."
I don't exactly know who has glasses with them, but I imagine they're allowed to bring them if they need them. Jerri had them in the outback, so maybe it's her specs that Jenna L and Ethan are using.

-BbB

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
All excellent topics to discuss
1. Vidcaps: EXCELLENT dissection of vidcaps prior to episode 1.
We correctly identified Chapera as the winners and Mogo Mogo in second. Lighting the statue thing was mistaken for getting fire as a reward. We also correctly identified the Ep 2 vidcaps of the tribes entering sans Tina, leading to our ASSumption of Tina as the first boot.

2. Key confessionals The first confessional went to Rob C.
Rob M: I'm on the bafoon tribe, and I'm obviously the "brains behind this outfit", (ha ha), Rob M: Alicia's a "drama queen", Rob M.: I'm in an alliance with Amber, she's beautiful, I trust her, she's not gonna screw me... Rob M: We're the misfit tribe/underdogs but we are a team with good attitude
Alicia: First tribe to get water and fire will go all the way
Rupert: I'm going to stand back and be the "worker bee"
Colby: I don't trust any of you people Shii Ann: Keep Rich around for a while Jenna L: Nobody out here wants to reward another winner, get the heck off our Island

3. Narrators: Mogo Mogo: Kathy/Lex?
Chapera: Rob M.
Saboga: Rupert/Jenna L.?

4. Team dynamics: Mogo Mogo: all extremely paranoid, Lex sets priority, let's work on surviving first then we can start playing the game. Girls vs. boys? Rich: loner,
Chapera: Too many indians, no chief. Alicia seems to be vying with Rob M. for control of the group, the alpha male position....Rob M. and Amber cooperating.....Tom sitting back and being critical....Sue: lone wolf, Rob C. UTR
Saboga: All the alphas don't want to step up because they know that the leader always ends up with the boot. Jenna L-bossy
Rupert as worker bee, all paranoid as well

5. Romance: definately Rob M. and Amber

6.Strategies revealed: Rupert: worker bee
Rudy: Got to stick with Rupert because the two girls are togethr and the two former winners, Ethan and Tina, are together
Jerri: keep my mouth shut, ha!
Jenna L: get rid of the previous winners, then worry about things
Richard: loner
Lex: worker,provider
Colby: worker/provider
Sue: independent thinker
Rob C: UTR
Rob M: get the girl in my back pocket, call it like I see it
Amber: UTR

7. Impressions: Unimpressed: Jerri, Tina, Jenna L., Ethan,Jenna M., Tom, Amber, Alicia

Impressed: Rupert, Rudy, Lex, Colby, Rob M

Neutral: Kathy, Shii Ann, Rob C., Rich, Sue

8. People Isolated: Ethan, Tom, Sue, Colby, Dicque

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
In prior versions, revealed alliances haven't succeeded. For that to remain true in ASS, the final 2 spoiler of Rob M. and Amber cannot be true, since we were shown the two of them making their alliance in this episode.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Well, we were shown the Tagi alliance in S1, the Lex-Tom-Ethan grouping in S3 and Brian & Clay's togetherness in S5, so alliances revealed *can* sometimes succeed in carrying all the way to the final four, if not the final two.

I think, by now, we can never assume anything based on past history as MB is onto our tricks by now and he'll shake things up from one season to the next.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Pepe, you're right about the alliances you mention except I don't remember that we were ever shown the F2 openly discussing their individual alliance to the end. So while the Alliance made it to the end, the F2 was often a surprise.

For example, in S1 Rudy and Rich were bound together as were Kelly and Sue. In the Outback, we knew Tina and Keith were together and for a long time it looked like Colby was the third wheel. I think all of us expected Keith in the finals because he wasn't well liked. In Africa, Lex drove the alliance and we saw him discuss plans with Tom and Ethan individually. In Thailand, the editing played up Brian's relationship with Helen and Ted moreso than Clay.

I'm hard pressed to think of a previous series were an explicitly revealed two person alliance survived to the Final 2. And I hope that continues with All-Stars.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Which is exactly why I think they chose to show it. Usually they don't show a plethora of alliances forming right off the bat, but these are seasoned vets of the game. They showed us a bunch of alliances, it's up to us to discern which one is the "real" one that will last. It's like a bluff in poker, just because they don't normally show us alliances that work, they want us to think none of the ones shown have any potential and try to get us to dismiss the possibility.

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Also, I think the editors put in a whole bunch of alliance discussions (Rupert-Rudy, to name one) so like you said, KOBF, they expected us to try to sort through which one might be a successful one -- only they didn't expect some spoilers to have already "found" out that RobM and Amber might be the final two, so we spoilers were particularly in tune to any hint of either of those two talking about an alliance.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-04 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

No real surprises here thanks to the excellent pre-show spoiling efforts of KB, Varner, Sleek & Co.

Shii-Devil summed up the overall majority strategy to get rid of all winners first when she commented, "What fun would it be if the King left the first day? It wouldn't be fun." Will SHI remain the King's only ally? You could also see the look of doom and desparation in Ethan's eyes however, as he asked Rupert to vote with him against Jenna. And again, when Tina got the ax -- Ethan knows he is a marked man. Too bad. . . Maybe this is his justification for throwing his upcoming "hissy fit."

One of the highlights of the show for me of course, were Rob M's confessionals. It is clear that he is MB's choice for narrator of the Chapera tribe and his Alpha-male competition with "Drama Queen" Alicia promises to be entertaining for all of us! In an unexpected turn, Rob C. flew UTR last night -- or was he just edited out by MB? And Sue has water -- how long will her 'Devil May Care' attitude last?

Colby (or was it Lex) summed it up nicely for the Mogo Mogo tribe when he stated "Nobody here trusts anyone." What a paranoid group, ayy? As of yet, I did not see Colby emerge as a loner -- just the opposite -- a hard-working productive member of his tribe.

As for the Sabago tribe -- the alliance of Tina and Ethan, Rudy and Rupert, and Jenna L. and Jerri was apparent. They all paired off nicely. It was interesting for a change, to see Rupert as the Swing Vote! A good place to be in Ruppy -- keep it up!

All in all, a good start to what hopefully will be a great season!

Scarlett

02-02-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Well, Rupert said he was in a 4-way alliance with (it must be assumed) Rudy, Jenna, and Jerri.

But Sleek has Rudy as next off and the preview clips of next show do show Rudy struggling in the challenge. I can see Rupert voting him out if they lose both challenges. Rupert does NOT like to lose.

02-02-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Nobody likes to lose, but the conditions are beyond horrible. Even Rupert is feeling it, and he cruised through Pearl Islands. If Rudy is as physically beat as he looked in the previews, it may be a mercy vote to let him go home. Ethan is after all younger and stronger.

02-02-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
20. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Not that Rupert needs to vote against Rudy for Rudy to be sent packing. It could easily be a 3-2 vote.

But you already knew that.

-BbB

02-02-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Ahhh, but for those of us who are quietly monitoring the sleek28 boot list, the vote would be quite telling. sleek says that Rupert lies to Rudy so if they stick together, sleek gets the boot.

allstarr 40 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail allstarr Click to send private message to allstarr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"

>sleek says that Rupert lies
>to Rudy

Sleek also says Rupert justifies the boot. I could see this happening if they do not get fire to boil water. Rudy is 76, how long can he last without food and water? I could see Rudy going first before Ethan, but his turn is definetly coming. Did you see how Jenna L was so adament about the previous winners? She did not waste anytime to get the people voted off that she thought deserved it most.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "I don't believe Rudy is next."
Rudy as a "mercy boot" doesn't make sense if Rupert really does get fire next episode.

If Rupert gets fire next episode, they will be able to boil the water and potable water won't be a problem.

Even if Rupert DOESN'T get fire, Rudy's already drinking the water and should have less of a dehydration issue than the others on his team. He may become sick as a dog from some bug, but it won't be the lack of water that does him in.

Too, voting out Tina puts the Rudy/Rupert alliance in the power position on their team because Ethan is left without options. Ethan either votes with Rudy/Rupert against the girls - (and Rupert has said he's willing to let a prior winner win again), or Ethan votes with the girls against Rudy/Rupert - (but then he's helping Jenna who has no intention of letting a prior winner win again).

So, Ethan has no real choice but to vote with Rudy/Rupert against Jenna/Jerri if their team goes to TC again.

The alternative is that Rupert flips on Rudy, that would be foolish. He would be giving up the drivers seat in the Rupert/Rudy/Ethan alliance to Be the 3rd wheel on the Jenna/Jerri alliance.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: I don't believe Rudy is next."
Rupert already considers himself to be in an alliance of four, though, from the Insider transcript:

Rupert (votes Tina): Tina, I'm sorry. My alliance picked you and I'm standing strong with those three. We four are going all the way. We're going all the way.

I think the fact that they've lost two IC's *and* Rudy isn't doing well physically (if both of these are the case) would make Jenna/Jerri/Rupert strongly consider voting Rudy out before Ethan. After all, if they lose a third IC, they'll have to vote out one of their own alliance anyway. So it would be more prudent to take the course that will help them win challenges.

02-03-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
57. "RE: I don't believe Rudy is next."
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-04 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

I agree with that analysis and I think Ethan will probably go along with the Rudy vote as well. I'm just having trouble trying to figure out who Rudy's vote is going to, but I'm guessing the other three will try and sell him on an Ethan vote, based on the 'previous winner' business.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: I don't believe Rudy is next."
mavs--

Your analysis makes a lot of sense. If they boot off Ethan next, then Rupert is in trouble, I think. All of this depends, of course, on the merge into two tribes.

02-02-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
28. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
If I was a betting kinda guy, I'd bet it will be 4-1.

02-02-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
This may be worth mentioning from another thread - the fact that Shii Ann specifically stated in a confessional about Dicque -- "What fun would it be if the King left the first day? It wouldn't be fun." At first, I thought this mean't the obvious -- because he was a past winner, his tribe was aiming to vote him out early (if not first). However, Connie E. seems to think that this could foreshadow something -- that possibly, Richard may outlast all of the other previous winners. Now, talk amongst yourselves!

Scarlett

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Clothing:

While we have been speculating about what the “clothes on their backs” means, we will have a much better idea what clothes each of the contestant really has

Was it just me, or did they all seem to be wearing what they did on their original Survivor? Jenna had the same swimming suit, and I'm pretty sure Shii-Ann did, and also Rob M. JP said "this is all about familiarity" and I think the clothing part goes along with it. There has to be some variation, but I don't think there is much.

KeithFan-O-Tron is a registered trademark

02-02-04, 12:01 PM (EST)
27. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Yeah, I noticed that in the preview pics. There's definitely some variation, but they're very close to what they worse last time.
-P

02-02-04, 12:07 PM (EST)
29. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
KO's apparel is very different however, and did Sue Hawk ever wear a bikini in S1?

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Thanks KO, I almost had that image burned out of my brain.

KeithFan-O-Tron is a registered trademark

02-02-04, 12:51 PM (EST)
32. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-04 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

Keithfan -- I disagree with you. Tina never wore such a bright bikini in the Outback nor did she ever look that good (See what a million can do?) And Jerri in a divers suit? That wasn't the case (but she did where that hat). Kathy's suit is much brighter now. By familiarity, Jiffy is probably referring to the cast of characters: Lex showing his tatoos (sans shirts); Big Tom in Overalls & hat; Colby in a cowboy hat; Robfadda in a Boston Red Sox hat, and yes, Dicque in the nude! Their clothing (or lack thereof) does help with their familiarity to us.

Scarlett

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
I think in general these people were wearing things very similar if not the same. Sure, they may not be the EXACT same thing but very similar!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

02-03-04, 01:14 PM (EST)
60. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Jenna M seemed to have the same brown print bikini.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Just a comment about the editing in general:

I sensed after watching Ep 1 that MB is going to edit this as much as possible like a conventional installment of Survivor. So I suspect that we won't see a lot of the "backstage drama" hinted at by Jeff Varner (and by Sleek28). MB wants this to be entertaining to the average viewer as the *ultimate* contest, I don't think he wants to focus on them acting like babies.

Also, having to juggle three tribes made the first episode seem very frenetic, imo. I'm wondering if the "Jenna M quits" episode -- presumably Ep 3 -- might be stretched into two parts, especially if there is some sort of TC ceremony for her. Granted, part 2 might only comprise one day in that event, but it would serve to calm down the pace a little. We do have a seeming surplus of episode air dates.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-02-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
One thing I thought was interesting was the fact that TV guide Pic with Richard carrying the torch next to Sabogo tribe ~ I did not see richard with the torch at all, when did this happen?

Why did they not use Kathy's glasses to start a fire??

Tribes were brought into the show the same way as the results of the IC ~ C, M, S. Was this a coincident (sp)?

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-02-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "CBS Morning Show Transcript"
I don't know if this is the thread to post it in, but since it is kind of looking back at the first episode, here you go!

Tina Wesson's
Survivor: All Stars
Early Show Interview 2.2.04

Transcript Below

Harry Smith: If last night's premiere is any indication, Survivor All Stars is just about anybody's game. In the end, former Outback champion Tina Wesson was the first to go.
Tina Wesson is with us this morning. Boy Jenna was gunning for you from the get-go.
Tina: Not necessarily me, just the winners. It didn't matter who was out there if they were a winner they were targeted.
HS: Did you have a sense that there would be people saying, you know what, anybody but a past winner.
Tina: Absolutely, we all knew that... but there's no reason not to go back. To have an adventure.
HS: Any opportunity to grow yourself as a human being more.
Tina: The people who don't know me, know me as Tina the Survivor. The people who do know me, know me as Tina liver of life.
HS: Did you know it was coming last night?
Tina: Oh yes.
HS: There are some things we don't see on television. IN real life the TC last how long?
Tina: About an hour and a half.
HS: You tried to make a deal with Rupert?
Tina: I knew I could not win with that tribe. I knew I was a goner. As soon as I saw Rupert, I said, I would do anything in my power to help him win. I told him at TC, do not hook up with Jenna and Jerri. They need the money. You cannot go up against them they will vote you off.
HS: You had had a very good relationship with...
Tina: Ethan and Rudy.
HS: But in the first game...
Tina: With Colby.
HS: The first game with Colby really enabled you all the way through. So you thought you'd what? Pay it forward?
Tina: Pay it forward...do the same thing with him.
HS: Even telling him who not to align with I thought well maybe he'll stay with the light but he went to the dark side.
HS: The way it was introduced last night, there are 3 tribes each on their respective boats on the way to the island, you don't really know who the rest of the players are, right?
Tina: No we do not?
HS: What was your reaction when you saw who the other players are?
Tina: There was some surprise.
HS: Who were you most tickled by?
Tina: Rupert, absolutely Rupert. He's a great soul. I was glad to see Colby there.
HS: Your old pal.
Tina: I was hoping that after seeing the tribe they would mix us up. I was hoping that was not my tribe. And it wasn't until going to the first challenge that I thought, oh my goodness they are going to keep us in this group.
HS: As someone who as won the game, do you keep watching Survivor?
Tina: Manic. I'm a manic Survivor fan.
HS: So you're interested in the way the game is played.
Tina: Absolutely.
HS: SO you see these other people coming on and you see Richard Hatch. What do you think when you see Richard?
Tina: No surprises there. You have to have Hatch, he's the master. I'm just glad I wasn't on his tribe. I was hoping I wasn't going to see him naked.
HS: It's funny at the first opportunity he disrobes last night. And we're all just groaning at our house.
Tina: At least you get to see it blurred out.
HS: You won a million dollars. What did you do with your money? Are you living happily ever after?
Tina: Very happy. We made alot of real estate investments. I invested in Reality Central, a new reality network that we hope to have on the air. I have a book that we just finished and I hope to shop that pretty soon.
HS: And you're doing motivational speaking?
Tina: Yes I do.
HS: So your old life is gone and you have a brand new life thanks to Survivor?
Tina: A different life.
HS: Thanks for being with us.
Tina: Thank you.
HS: Tina is going to stick around and answer some questions for us...
Julie Chen: Tina Wesson welcome back to some questions. Go ahead Tammy...
Tammy: When you were in the first one, was it harder in All Stars with not having water, and a different atmosphere?
Tina: Absolutely. Panama was so much harder. The fact that we didn't have water. Rupert was already dehydrated. That's part of the reason why we lost that first challenge. Mosquitoes. We did not have any bugs in Australia. I probably had 50 bites on me that first night. It was awful, awful.
Sherry: How long did you have to prepare, mentally and physically for the All Star Survivor.
Tina: You know we had been preparing for quite some time. We knew it was coming at some point in time, we just weren't sure when. For me personally I exercise all the time. Physically I just stayed ready.
JC: Did you prepare differently this time?
Tina: There's really nothing you can do to prepare for Survivor. Nothing. You're going to go out and not eat for a month. There's nothing you can do.
JC: What about strategy? Because we never really saw you quite figure out besides aligning yourself with Ethan...what the strategy was beyond that.
Tina: It wasn't mentioned in the show last night. Once I saw my tribe, who they were, knowing that I couldn't win, my strategy was just trying to get Rupert to win.
JC: Let's look at your tribe. How many of these people on your team of 6 did you already know or were familiar with from past Survivor wrap parties?
Tina: Everybody but Rupert. We all know each other.
JC: Were you friendly with each other? I saw a little bit of rrrrrrr between you and Jerri?
Tina: Jerri was a completely different person this game. She was so much more pleasant. And I told her before I left. "Jerri, if you were this pleasant on the first game we never would have voted you off". She learned a lesson.
JC: Since you're the first person voted off. Are you a member of the jury? Can you answer that?
Tina: I can't answer that.
JC: Ohh that's a yes, maybe not. Phyllis from Canada..
Phyllis: At the challenge...after you saw who was there, who was the strongest competitor or biggest threat?
Tina: Rupert. On ours Colby was the strongest, but he's got a shoulder injury. So I thought my biggest threat was definitely Rupert as far as challenges.
JC: When you saw the other teams and everyone was sizing up who made the All Stars edition. Was there anyone that you expected to see that you thought should be there?
Tina: Hands down, Mike Skupin should have been there.
JC: Mike Skupin burned his hands and fell into the fire.
Tina: He deserved to be there, to endure everything that he's gone through and not be able to finish his game. He loves the game of Survivor. I think he deserved a 2nd shot. He's a great player, strong and mouthy.
JC: Britney from Ohio...
Britney: What did it feel like to come home?
Tina: It was wonderful, we were gone for 2 months.. I have a 15 and 16 year old at home. I felt the exact same way coming home, knowing I made it to the final 2 as it did when I was the first one off.
JC: Congratulations on a great game, you had that target on your back, what are you doing to do.
Tina: Thank you.

02-02-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
33. "RE: CBS Morning Show Transcript"
Anyone think the jury member question asked by Julie Chen was a plant? Why ask if the first player voted out is a member of the jury? Just makes no sense. Unless MB and CBS are trying to throw something out there to keep us on out toes.

I'm not biting.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-02-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: CBS Morning Show Transcript"
Thanks for the transcript.

I think it is strange taht she is shoving Rupert down our throats. I did everything I could to make sure Rupert would win. Also her biggest competion was Rupert and Colby. But Colby has a shoulder injury. that is interesting to know.

Cyanide4U 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-02-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyanide4U Click to send private message to Cyanide4U Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: CBS Morning Show Transcript"
Random thoughts to some of the issues presented here:

1) glasses for fire: The high majority of people with glasses younger than 60 (and most people over 60 too) are myopic and require divergent lenses. When you look at them with glasses on, their eyes don't seem magnified. These glasses have a negative focal length and thus will not form an image in front of them. Its the image of the sun (focused light) that makes a convergent lens capable of starting fire. Likely all the glasses available will not be of much use in starting a fire.

2) Similar clothing from previous series: I have heard a rumor that producers made some demands on what the players wore. Could this be to make it easier to edit in old footage from previous editions to through vidcap'ers off the trail?

3) The Tina Boot: With three alliances brewing, smacking Tina off may open the door for Rupert/Rudy to scoop up Ethan. Ethan must feel in dangerous territory with no one out of the 4 voting with him. R/R come to him with his own story of taking a winner to the end and that "men of past honour" beats "women of backstabbing potential". This might work quite well

But must go now, the children are home

Cyanide

02-02-04, 04:38 PM (EST)
36. "RE: CBS Morning Show Transcript"
About the clothing, I think the only reason they're wearing similar clothing is for the larger viewing audience to benefit from that feeling of familiarity. Most of us have a solid idea of what each person's style is. It wouldn't work at all to have Rupert shaved, sporting a buzz cut and wearing a polo shirt.

About Tina, yes, Ethan is clearly going to be more likely aligned with Rudy/Rupert than the girls. The story we're being told is that booting winners is a top agenda item for Jenna L. We never saw what Rupert told Ethan when they were in the water, but he must have told him they'd go along with the Jenna vote otherwise Ethan would have voted for Tina along with everyone else. So either we didn't see Rupert's response because it wasn't interesting, or we didn't see it because MB wants to leave Rupert looking like an honorable guy.

-P

02-02-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
42. "RE: CBS Morning Show Transcript"
I think we didn't see it, because the clips were shown out of order. I think Rupert had the conversation with Ethan before he had the "alliance of 4" conversation with Jerri, Jenna & Rudy.

---
UDG

oddout 34 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oddout Click to send private message to oddout Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Do you find it odd that all of these people have been on survivor and none can start a fire? You would think that someone would have thought of using Kathy's glasses to try and start the fire.

oddout

02-02-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyanide4U Click to send private message to Cyanide4U Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Odd Out, see my previous comment, above.

Now, this isn't likely the best place to bring this up, but what the hey....

Something just doesn't seem right. Rupert proclaims in his exit statement in S7 to need the money for family, makes a similar statement to this effect again in ASS ep1 (thus reinforcing the point, at a seperate time). He reportedly doesn't win or place in ASS but wastes alot of time trying to. Further, I have seen other references to his family's financial instability. Yet, MB is able to entice "his favourite" (so I have heard?) survivor-player back for ASS, essentially denying one of the most famous of all players any opportunity to cash in on endorsement deals (I have barely heard nor seen of him outside of the TV show, but I am in Canada). Combine this with the fact that he is almost manicly giddy at the S7 re-union. Further, his wife seems to be not reeking of poverty in the re-union. Just doesn't seem to add up. If I were financially destitute, then the first 39 days would have strained my family to near breaking. To then miss out on large financial endorsement possibility to spend another 39 days in the wilds with little earnings, leaving my family absolutely financially destroyed and we all come out partying?

Me thinks that MB took his favourite survivor aside and made him a financial offer he couldn't refuse. Win lose or draw, I bet Rupert walks out of survivor with at least $500,000 from CBS, regardless of what advertisors offer after the fact.

Cyanide

02-02-04, 06:05 PM (EST)
44. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
I didn't take it to mean that they're "destitute," just that Rupert really wants something better for them. Remember that the last place "loser" on ASS (Tina) walked away with $25,000. Everyone else will make more than that for being away from their families for 39+ days. I think it would take a lot less than $500K to convince Rupert to try again. And, I think he's playing up his desire to help out his wife and daughter, because if he DOES make it to the F2, that will make him that much more appealing to the jury.

---
UDG

02-02-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
46. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Ya, I agree with you on the fact that most of his reactions will be exagerated, and that he would trump things up for pity consideration. It just seems to me that $25,000 to be a loosing trade off vs 90 days off work + many days of silence and activity-limitting contracts + giving up the lion's share of endorsement-options. Rupe would be happy, but he isn't so naive to think this is the option to be giddy about.

Just for fun, I suspect further incentives

02-02-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
41. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-04 AT 05:49 PM (EST)

Well, I watched the replay this evening (and they didn't include the "next time on Survivor" segment this time, either), and a few things stuck out at me. I should have taken notes, because I know I'm not going to remember them all, but here goes.

1) Colby seemed rather defensive when talking to Rich about not having even discussed an alliance (with whom?) while Rich was away. This clip also seemed to be out of order to me. We didn't see anything that even hinted at a Colby alliance at all. Is this misdirection? Could Colby & Lex (?) have made an agreement while Rich was off eaves dropping on the girls?

2) Jenna M. rolled her eyes when Rich stripped for the challenge, but that didn't stop her from giving him a shove (rather low on his back, I thought) when Jeff said, "Go!"

3) After the IC, Lex, Shii & Jenna M. hugged enthusiastically. Colby & Kathy hugged, but with less emotion. No one wanted to touch naked Rich.

4) I’ll have to recheck the video, but I think that Saboga was the first to leave the IC, and that it is possible that they don’t know that Chapera and Mogo were not allowed to take fire back to camp with them.

5) There’s a picture of Ethan & Jenna L. trying to start a fire using someone’s glasses/sunglasses on the Survivor website (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor8/show/episode01/s8story3.shtml).

6) Rupert was whittling at a stick when he was sitting with his "alliance of 4" (Jenna, Jerri & Rudy), that might have been the "spear" I noticed last week (http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4699.shtml#6).

7) I think the clip of Rupert with Ethan in the water and the one with the alliance of 4 were reversed from when they actually happened.

---
UDG

02-02-04, 07:26 PM (EST)
47. "Jenna/Jerri convo"
Did we see this in E1 and I just missed it? If so, uh, never mind.

02-02-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Jenna/Jerri convo"
I don't recall seeing this part and I saw the episode 3 times so far. Will watch for it again tonight, but I don't think so.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-02-04, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: tribal council - slithering snake shots"
I was surprised by the cut away to a slithering snake with each vote cast against Tina, even when Rupert voted. I can't think of Rupert as a snake.

02-03-04, 05:29 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Jenna/Jerri convo"
I didn't see it, either. Maybe it happened while Rupert & Ethan were in the water (if I had to guess, that's when I'd place it). Apparently, it didn't make the final cut.

---
UDG

02-03-04, 11:10 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Jenna/Jerri convo"
This didn't appear in the version I taped and from the dialogue it can be assumed this took place while Ethan and Rupert were in the water.

-BbB

02-03-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Jenna/Jerri convo"
That's what I meant.

---
UDG

Aeroangel 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aeroangel Click to send private message to Aeroangel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Jenna/Jerri convo"
I don't think Rupert is a snake. I think voting Tina was the only way for him and Rudy to go.

At first I thought Rupert was wrong for "aligning" with Jerri and Jenna, but after I thought it over, booting Tina was really the smartest thing to do. With 3 groups of 2 people aligned, if they had booted Jenna then you run the risk of Ethan and Tina sticking together and competing for Jerri's vote the next time (after you've already pissed her off by voting off Jenna). By voting off Tina, Ethan is now the swing vote and Rupert and Rudy have a much better chance of getting his vote for a) the "guy" factor and b) he's not at all fond of Jenna's mouth LOL
I don't think Rupert and Rudy have any intention of staying with Jerri and Jenna

02-04-04, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
I watched the replay on Tuesday and have to say that Jenna L. was the reason that her tribe lost immunity. Rupert dove down to release the raft when it was already free, giving them a late start. But she rode the raft almost the whole way. On land, she lit a torch and didn't grab on to the raft again, causing it to fall, causing delay. To go under the obsticle, she dropped her end early, losing momentum and causing others to drop causing delay. While pushing under the obsticle, she couldn't get the torch out, causing delay. All the while yelling at everyone. Had she not done all of these things, they had a chance to catch up. Rupert made one error, she made at least four.

I guess the only spolier value out of this observation is that after Rudy, she is by FAR the weakest link. She probably was anyway, just by looking at her physically. But after seeing her in action. Wow, she sucks (and is annoying to boot).

Looking at the Sleeks list, I don't know why Jerri would go before Jenna L. Ruperts link to Jenna was through Rudy, who is supposedly gone. Ethan would want her gone too, knowing she is gunning for past winners. Anyway, I don't get why Jerri would go before Jenna L. Maybe one of you has some insight for me!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
A very simple explanation for booting Jerri before booting JennaL is; after the switch they end up on opposite tribes but Jenna has some "buffers" (see Ethan and Rupert), where Jerri ends up alone on the other tribe, as an outsider, with a reputation.
She is a much bigger target then.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner

02-04-04, 09:31 AM (EST)
65. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
OK, I thought she would go before the merge, but it definately could be after. Thanks.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-04-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
Do we know if Jerri get put on the Same tribe as Rob M and Amber?

I can See Rob M wanting to remove Jerri becuase of the bond she and Amber had in their season.

-=Brats=-

02-04-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
66. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"
You left out "and she runs like a girl", too!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-05-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: EP1 Hindsight"

So, Jenna is the Mole?

You're right about the raft. She was hindering the effort instead of helping. But I don't remember if she can swim.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-05-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "swoop"

my first swoop!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •