The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP 1 - New Vidcaps Early Show 1/30"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-30-04, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP 1 - New Vidcaps Early Show 1/30"
I think most of these are new. More non challenge/non ASSers caps over at fever:

Voice over:

Julie Chen: The last time Survivor followed a Super Bowl, more than 45 million viewers tuned in. Now, three years later and with a cast of All-Stars, it is poised to return CBS' top reality show to the top of the ratings. CBS News Correspondent Tracy Smith caught up with the players and producers to see how the game has changed for this special edition.

TS: When Survivor: All-Stars premieres after Sunday's Super Bowl, it's sure to be a blockbuster night for CBS with tens of millions tuned in to hear four little words: "The tribe has spoken."

Having their torches have been snuffed once before. Most of the "All-Stars" are returning for a second chance and many of them with changed lives.

Lex quit his day job and got himself a new tattoo.

Lex: I look down at my can of whoop ass it's easier to just yank it out and pull it out anytime I want to.

Colby Donaldson landed a girlfriend.

Colby: The coolest thing was, right before I left, she said, "Know that you're going away, and in seven weeks, you're going to come home to a girl that absolutely loves you."

TS: And "Big Tom" Buchanan learned how to read.

Tom: How many millions of people watching and I can't spell? And I said, "learn to read: Don't be like Big Tom. Learn to read. And reading will learn you to spell and stuff.

TS: It's at tribal council where the fate of the Survivor: All-Star cast will be determined. But what's become of some of Survivor's past stars who you won't be seeing? Those who were not invited to this newly crafted ring of Survivor elite? Three contestants who survived all of their tribal councils will not be here. They are the winner's of Survivor Pearl Islands, Thailand and Marquesas: Sandra Diaz-Twine, Brian Heidik and Vecepia Towery, respectively.

JP: It’s very tough deciding whether winners should get an instant invite. In the case of someone like Vecepia, name a Vecepia moment. Name one memorable moment about Vecepia. That's not to say she's not a great player. She won.

TS: Of the non-winners, the biggest no-show may be Mike Skupin, the guy who, after falling into a fire pit in the Outback, became the only contestant unable to complete the game. How do you not pick somebody like that?

MB: Well, everybody was not completely available in their life. I mean, it was a big thing to give up eight weeks. I’m not saying I would have put Skupin in, but I happen to know that it wasn't really possible with his current life.

TS: Two contestants who were pursued but declined are Colleen Haskell, who went on to star in a feature film soon after season one... and Elisabeth Filarski, now Elisabeth Hasselbeck, the new co-host on ABC's The View.

Elisabeth: I just thought I did it. It was done, part of my life. Time to move on.

TS: But with so many great contestants to choose from, how did producers know when to stop?

MB: I could have had 24 people here and it would have been a great game. But there comes a time where in the real estate, the amount of television time, how many characters you can tell a story of? And 18, is the outer limits. Of those 18, 4 are winners, all of whom share relatively low odds of a repeat victory. I think all of the winners, especially Richard, have targets on their backs. No one made them come. They chose to come. I'm not going to level any playing field. The true sign of a champion: be a champion. Don't hide it, and still play better than the others.

TS: Here at the art department where challenges are designed and built, there is a lot of pressure to find new ways to test the game's best players.

Jon Kierhoffer (Survivor Challenges Producer): They're the All Star personalities from the show. The challenges will be as tough as any we've ever done.

JK: We decided the only thing appropriate would be to choose our favorite challenges from the previous 7 seasons and pump them up a little bit.

JK: So the first All-Star challenge will be a repeat of the first Survivor challenge ever: "The Quest For Fire". But while the game may look familiar to the Survivors, the pressure to prove their all-star status may be the toughest challenge of all.

JP: They are the All-Stars. All they talk about is: "We're the best" They're going to prove it this time. And it wont be easy.

Julie Chen: You can catch the premiere of "Survivor: All-Stars" this Sunday on CBS right after the Super Bowl. And don't forget to watch The Early Show Monday morning to get all the dirt and details from the first all star sent packing.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP 1 - New Vidcaps Early Show 1... PepeLePew13 01-30-04 1
   RE: EP 1 - New Vidcaps Early Show 1... Amily 01-30-04 4
 Now we know where Sue is... Brownroach 01-30-04 2
   RE: Now we know where Sue is... okaloosajohn 01-30-04 3
       RE: Now we know where Sue is... speedyforme 01-30-04 5
       RE: Now we know where Sue is... MourC 01-30-04 6
           RE: Now we know where Sue is... Brownroach 01-30-04 7
               RE: Now we know where Sue is... okaloosajohn 01-30-04 8
                   RE: Now we know where Sue is... MourC 01-30-04 9
           Survivor: Puala Tiga idiotcowboy 01-30-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-30-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP 1 - New Vidcaps Early Show 1/30"
In regards to these three pics...

>38
>
>39
>
>43
>

It should be noted that the camera panned from the Sabogas to the Mogo Mogos -- and the Mogo Mogos are clearly a significant amount of time ahead of the Sabogas.

Then the camera cut to Jiffy speaking gibberish about something (I can't remember what he said at that time) for a few seconds and then it cut to the Chaperas coming in. The inference may be that they wanted us to think the Chaperas were behind both Mogo and Saboga, instead of giving us a camera pan of all three teams in action without a break.

I watched the Early Show and didn't see anything else that might be of spoilerish value (then again, the coffee hadn't kicked in yet...)

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-30-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP 1 - New Vidcaps Early Show 1/30"
It also should be noted that while watching the clip, Tom appears to be pointing behind him to what I assumed was the other tribes - not necessarily like ha ha, but in a good-natured, jovial kind of way.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Now we know where Sue is..."
...in the left rear behind Amber, and Alicia's supporting the middle-rear of Chapera's raft.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-30-04, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Now we know where Sue is..."
Can somebody explain what we are seeing in frames 34 and 35? Richard appears to be lighting something else floating in the water besides the big pot on a raft...none of the lane markers are visible and the view appears to be looking out from the shore? It doesn't add up with the other pictures to me.

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-30-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Now we know where Sue is..."
that last picture KINDA looks like the TV Guide one where Tom turns around to light something, Rob M looks similar in that position as well from TV Guide where he looks back with his mouth open, I think it's just a diff angel...ya kno?

MourC 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-30-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MourC Click to send private message to MourC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Now we know where Sue is..."
I think this could be a clip from S1

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Now we know where Sue is..."
It must be. From the angle we'd be seeing three of those torch things lined up, not two. And they're not visible anywhere else.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-30-04, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Now we know where Sue is..."
Yeah. It has to be. The fires and the rafts aren't even close to the same...

MourC 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-30-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MourC Click to send private message to MourC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Now we know where Sue is..."

I found this picture of S1 challenge the rafts and fires are the same as in frames 34, 35

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-30-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Survivor: Puala Tiga"
Note that on the clip itself you see "Survivor: Puala Tiga" being referenced as they describe this challenge "Quest for Fire" being a souped up version of that one.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •