The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early show preview - 1/27"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-27-04, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early show preview - 1/27"
found these at Survivor fever:

Anybody know where/what these are from?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early show preview - 1/27 Blow by Blow 01-27-04 1
 RE: Early show preview - 1/27 Loree 01-27-04 2
   RE: Early show preview - 1/27 idiotcowboy 01-27-04 4
       RE: Early show preview - 1/27 Loree 01-27-04 5
       RE: Early show preview - 1/27 udg 01-27-04 7
 RE: Early show preview - 1/27 ParkGirl 01-27-04 3
 RE: Early show preview - 1/27 Loree 01-27-04 6
   RE: Early show preview - 1/27 VerucaSalt 01-27-04 8
       RE: Early show preview - 1/27 idiotcowboy 01-27-04 9
           RE: Early show preview - 1/27 Brownroach 01-27-04 10
               RE: Early show preview - 1/27 Loree 01-27-04 11
                   RE: Early show preview - 1/27 VerucaSalt 01-27-04 12
                       RE: Early show preview - 1/27 idiotcowboy 01-27-04 13
                           RE: Early show preview - 1/27 VerucaSalt 01-27-04 14
 "A Look At Mogo Mogo" udg 01-27-04 15
 Chapera watching its big mouth Brownroach 01-28-04 16
   Probst on Fox Friends this morning.... okaloosajohn 01-28-04 17
   RE: Chapera watching its big mouth idiotcowboy 01-28-04 18
       RE: Chapera watching its big mouth Brownroach 01-28-04 19
           RE: Chapera watching its big mouth volsfan 01-28-04 20
 Saboga Staying Under Radar 1/29 ES udg 01-29-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-27-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
Hey Big Tom, is that a microphone wire you're playing with in your pants, or are you just really happy to see me?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-27-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
I watched The Early Show. They were showing these clips while talking to Lex. I assumed the first one was from the Survivor Africa. They were also talking to Lex about how he has gotten to know almost all the former Survivors because he goes to all these reunions. And asking how this will help him.

Kathy and Lex are good friends but Kathy says Lex is already getting on her nerves because he won't shut-up.

Rich is still as arrogant as ever.

Colby said he doesn't have the desire to win this time that he did last time. And he doesn't even know why he agreed to do the show again.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-27-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
Must be Mogo Mogo week.

Kathy annoyed with Lex because he wont shut up? LMAO!

On a spoilerish vein though, for what it is worth I expect we can expect a Lex-Kathy alliance of some sort.

Rich will likely be in major trouble if this tribe goes to TC anytime soon.

Colby questioning why he came back sounds like trouble for him, in that he isnt likely to make the necessary alliances needed to keep him in the game long term.

-ICB

01-27-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
Kathy said because of their past friendship Lex assumes they have an alliance. But she said she wasn't so sure about that. She said we all think we know each other. Then she said that he was really on her nerves for his talking. They were all on the beach during this interview.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-27-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
Yesterday, they said that today they would "introduce us to the Mogo Mogo tribe." I assume tomorrow and Thursday they'll do Chapera and Saboga, and then they'll do something Super awesome on Friday to really up the hype before the premier on Sunday.

---
UDG
I MEANT to record the segment today, but I flipped it on just in time to catch the theme music as it ended.

ParkGirl 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-27-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ParkGirl Click to send private message to ParkGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
I think these are both from the Survior Africa reunion show. In the second picture it's Carl is behind Lex and Ethan is talking to Silas and I think thats Clarence behind Silas.

01-27-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
They are interviewing the Chapera tribe on the Early Show tomorrow.

Shii An says she is going to be the She Angel this time. And Jenna said she would only take her clothes off for food.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-27-04, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-04 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

Colby said he doesn't have the desire to win this time that he did last time. And he doesn't even know why he agreed to do the show again

Why do I think he is trying to sell swamp land in Florida here??

01-27-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
> Why do I think he is trying to sell swamp land in Florida here??

So are you suggesting his "strategy" is to try and convince the others hes not a threat or that this is one of those MB "important quote" quotes (ie "I dont have the desire to win this time", so I will?).

If its true I expect he's in trouble, if its a strategy I expect its a bad one...

-ICB

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
Colby using an Osten strategy? It could be a genuine sentiment though. There was the quote of Jenna M saying "We're all morons!" (for doing this again). I think more than one of them will probably feel that way, LOL.

It seems like these interviews took place after the tribes were together for a bit but before the game started?

01-27-04, 02:27 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
The players all seemed to be on their tribe beach. One showed Jenna and Shii Ann lying down on a bamboo floor of what was probably part of their shelter. They were talking. And we saw them gathering things on the beach.

From something Lex said I assumed they did not know yet who were on the other tribes. He said it would be interesting to see what friends were in the game.

01-27-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"

So are you suggesting his "strategy" is to try and convince the others hes not a threat or that this is one of those MB "important quote" quotes (ie "I dont have the desire to win this time", so I will?).

If its true I expect he's in trouble, if its a strategy I expect its a bad one

IC, initial gander at that, yes I think he is trying to use some reverse psychology here. I can't locate the exact places I read these but I recall Colby talking about how he has been the one to have given the mil away and that isn't going to be the case now, blah blah. Reading the above now makes me wonder a bit if he hasn't decided to "disarm" the others.

I think there is going to be quite a lot of mind aheming for these people.

01-27-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
yeah, but I think the only way he "disarms" this group into thinking hes no longer a threat is if he breaks a leg (or two) leading up to the last team immunity... even then I expect there will be doubters

01-27-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Early show preview - 1/27"
I'm not even sure about that part; kind of difficult to NOT be physically adept. I am speaking more about the want to win aspect of it. If he were to go in there stating,

I'm here to win this and NOT hand it away etc. etc.

..........there would, on a conscious level at least, be more people AWARE they needed to worry as opposed to his saying:

I'm not really sure even why I'm here, it isn't the same as last time, I don't care really if I win but I just love this game so much, etc. etc.

.............which would, at least on a level might make other players go Whew! at least I don't have to worry that he is going to blah blah blah.

The game is a major psychological battle. If the big ox that was getting into the boxing ring with you patted your shoulder and said don't worry, I don't really care if I win as opposed to You are going down hard; I think it is safe to assume that your heart may not be beating as fast and your hopes of winning woul be a bit different if your opponent said the former.

01-27-04, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. ""A Look At Mogo Mogo""
Text & Video can be found here. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/26/earlyshow/series/survivor/main595953.shtml

---
UDG

01-28-04, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Chapera watching its big mouth"
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/27/earlyshow/series/survivor/main596258.shtml

I love Amber's response to why she's there.

-------------------------------------

Chapera Watching Its Big Mouth

PEARL ISLANDS, Jan. 28, 2004

(CBS) There are no previous winners on the Chapera tribe, but don't count these guys out. Their greatest weapons, may be their mouths, The Early Show correspondent Tracy Smith reports.

You could call this tribe the big talkers, starting with the most famous speechmaker in all survivor-dom: Sue Hawk.

You probably remember Hawk giving a piece of her mind to Richard Hatch and Kelly Wiglesworth saying, "If I were ever to pass you in a barren desert, let the vultures do whatever they want with you."

But giving speeches is not what she intends to do the second time around.

She says, “Actually I'm going to have more fun,just listening and keeping my mouth shut. Oh yeah! But I'm sorry, if somebody's got a big booger hanging out of the nose, I will still tell them they got a booger hanging out of their nose.”

Then there's Rob Mariano, the mouth from Massachusetts. His concerns? “I'm just wondering, I'm probably going to get my check in May,” he says, “and is the Ferrari dealership open then?”

Aside from an interest in fast cars, Boston Rob earned quite a reputation as a ladies' man while in Marquesas.

Even on the interview, he could not help himself and flattered Smith. “You got awesome eyes,” he said, “I'm like distracted over here.”

This is part of his strategy.

Joining him, Rob Cesternino, the guy many thought should have won “Survivor: Amazon.”

Here is Certernino’s plan, ”I basically just have to downplay the idea that I'm some sort of threat. If it means self-deprecating humor, that sort of stuff, coming off not that bright, not revealing what I know, keeping my mouth shut about certain things,” he says.

So how would it be to have Boston Rob and him, the two manipulators, together?

Cesternino says, “The thing about Boston Rob is I don't think he's a great Survivor player. I think Boston Rob is a great guy. He's a lot of fun. But the guy is a powder keg and he's going to explode at any point.”

Speaking of explosions, you may remember this little outburst from Alicia Calaway in Australia: “I just can't deal with, you know, slow people, weak people, stupidity. And it gets the best of me every time. And this time, I'm just gonna have to bite my tongue and walk away. I'm not saying I can do that, but I'm gonna try.”

Maybe she should try counting to ten. “I don't even know how to count to ten,” she says. Nor she can stop waving her finger.

She says, “God, that finger. It follows me everywhere I go. Well, you know, I'm going to keep the finger in my pocket. But I got a different one for them this time, and it's not the one you're thinking of.”

Got to wonder how Calaway will handle Big Tom Buchanan, the farmer who seemed a bit out-of-his-element in Africa. And how will he handle the women?

He says, “Can you imagine some these pretty girls who are going to be out there with me just walking up, telling me all these lies? And I've been looking at a couple of them and saying I can't believe that they're going to lie to me like they're going to. They will! Everybody is a player here.”

From Big Tom to little known Amber Brkich from Australia, a Survivor contestant so obscure she doesn't even know why she's here.

“It's such a hard question,” she exclaims.

Show host Jeff Probst had the answer. He says, “Amber's in the show because those of us who stayed in contact with her felt that Amber had grown a lot since ‘Survivor.’ And so one of the angles was, let's see what Amber brings to the party now.”

Come on. Brkich is in the show because she's pretty.

Probst with a chuckle admits, “And Amber's pretty. So she's in the show because she's cute as well.”

Brkich says, “I've learned that I'm pretty much well-liked among the guys, the Survivor men. I've paid attention over the past couple of years to what everybody thinks of me. So I'm using that to my advantage.”

In fairness to Amber Brkich, she spent a great deal of her time in Australia in Jerri Manthey's shadow. So we may get to see a bit more from her this time out.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-28-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Probst on Fox Friends this morning..."
I just caught the tailend of the interview. Did anybody else see it? Did Jeff have any tidbits for us?

01-28-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Chapera watching its big mouth"
lets see...

Rob M says write me a check (for a ferarri)

Rob C says Rob M isnt a good Survivor player

and

Amber is popular with survivor guys

Yep, that covers it.

01-28-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Chapera watching its big mouth"
Here is Certernino’s plan, ”I basically just have to downplay the idea that I'm some sort of threat. If it means self-deprecating humor, that sort of stuff, coming off not that bright, not revealing what I know, keeping my mouth shut about certain things,” he says.

Didn't Rob say pretty much the same thing before S6? I don't think the same plan will work twice in his case.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Chapera watching its big mouth"
I don't think any of the past winners or the ones that went deep into the game can pull off a strategy of not being a threat! We, as well as the contestants, have watched them play their game and know what is successful.

BR, I agree with what you say but, I also think each of them (not only Rob) may have to chose a slightly different strategy this time around.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

01-29-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
21. "Saboga Staying Under Radar 1/29 ES"
Here's today's Early Show write up and video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/28/earlyshow/series/survivor/main596466.shtml

I thought this was interesting:
Ethan Zohn says, “It's amazing. Every aspect of the game is coming back. You got the jerk; you got the mom; you got the nice guy; you got the snake; you got the hot chick. We're all coming back to play the game and battle."

---
UDG

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •