The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EPISODE 2 TITLE - Panicked, Desperate, Thirsty as Hell"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-24-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EPISODE 2 TITLE - Panicked, Desperate, Thirsty as Hell"
Posted by Cesterino Rules over at Sucks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Early thoughts volsfan 01-24-04 1
   RE: Early thoughts VerucaSalt 01-24-04 2
       RE: Early thoughts idiotcowboy 01-24-04 3
           RE: Early thoughts udg 01-25-04 6
               RE: Early thoughts volsfan 01-25-04 7
                   RE: Early thoughts udg 01-26-04 8
                       No Fishing Spear Provided? Krautboy 01-26-04 9
                           RE: No Fishing Spear Provided? udg 01-26-04 10
                           RE: No Fishing Spear Provided? volsfan 01-26-04 11
                               It was mentioned in this article... udg 01-26-04 12
                                   RE: It was mentioned in this articl... Krautboy 01-26-04 13
                                       RE: It was mentioned in this articl... Brownroach 01-26-04 14
                                           RE: It was mentioned in this articl... Krautboy 01-26-04 15
                                               RE: It was mentioned in this articl... Loree 01-26-04 16
                                           Home made spear? mavsfan 01-27-04 17
       RE: Early thoughts munson 01-24-04 4
           RE: Early thoughts volsfan 01-24-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-24-04, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Early thoughts"
Desperate, Thirsty as Hell...I wonder if this is in refernce to Chapera still not having fire or water. We know that they don't have water as of day 3 (per the TV Guide article)...so makes me think they may not get it on day 4 or 5! If they in fact don't get fire to boil their water then they very well could become desperate!

Just early thoughts!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-24-04, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Early thoughts"
Definitely agree that thirsty as hell would be Chapera. . Panicked and desperate? Wonder if the other two refer to the two other tribes in some way

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-24-04, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Early thoughts"
Likely enough all the tribes will be somewhat paniced and desparate as the reality of their situation sets in. They have no sustaining food source (rice, etc.) and very little in the way of supplies to hunt for food (nets, spears, etc.). By day 4 the exhaultation of being on ASS will have faded to the day to day existence needs, and I expect some of them will be wondering just what the hell they got themselves into.

-ICB

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-25-04, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Early thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 01-25-04 AT 10:11 AM (EST)

very little in the way of supplies to hunt for food (nets, spears, etc.)

I'm pretty sure one of the vid caps showed Rupert and Ethan with a spear.

Here it is.

When I first saw that one, I almost made a snide comment on Rupert letting Ethan carry the Pressssioussssss.

There are pictures of the spear from S7 in this thread if you want to compare. http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4369.shtml

---
UDG
Edited when I found the pictures.

01-25-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Early thoughts"
I wonder if this pic isn't from another episode than the first one? There have been more than one spoiler that has said they are left with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

Maybe this is a reward for a challenge in a future episode?

01-26-04, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Early thoughts"
If I were going to speculate (who me?), I'd guess that they won the first RC in ep 2.

---
UDG

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-26-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "No Fishing Spear Provided?"
Interesting thought udg, that's another thing to look for during EP1. If no spears are provided, then your spec becomes a very useful observation.

I tend to think that if MB is not providing, a staple food source such as rice or beans, and no opportunity to purchase them as he did during S7, then he would almost have to provide some way for them to feed themselves.

After the success that Rupert and others had fishing, I think MB decided that supplemental food wasn't required, but without the fishing spears they'd be in serious trouble.

The fact that MB provided each tribe with a diving mask to be used during the first challenge suggests that he may also have provided them with a fishing spear to go along with it...

EP1 will tell us more...

Krautboy

01-26-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
10. "RE: No Fishing Spear Provided?"
I think you're absolutely right. I would have expected MB to provide a spear, but I don't remember it being listed in the supplies.

---
UDG

01-26-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
11. "RE: No Fishing Spear Provided?"
I am sorry that I didn't write the source down but it had to be in the winged monkey spoiler or from Chill One but one of these sources are reporting that each tribe got a cooking pot, a machete and a canteen.

KB or someone know for sure?

01-26-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
12. "It was mentioned in this article..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-04 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4688.shtml

All that was supplied was one canteen of water per person, a cook pot and a machete.

And, in the 2nd article in that thread: Burnett this time chose to strand his 18 players with nothing but the clothes on their backs and some machetes, cooking pots and maps. No rice, no flints, no drinking water.

Exaggeration?

---
UDG
Edited to add 2nd quote.

01-26-04, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: It was mentioned in this article..."
Thanks udg:

Sounds a bit like it could be a generalization...the clothes on their backs, some basic survival supplies and no food or water.

In reality they may each get a canteen of water, and they may also get a fishing spear with their machete and cooking pot.

If they don't get a spear during EP1, then the vidcap of Ethan walking on the beach with one will lead to some very interesting speculation...

Krautboy

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: It was mentioned in this article..."
Actually the thing Ethan has doesn't look like a spear to me, more like a long stick fashioned into a fishing pole or spear. The back part especially looks crooked like a stick.

01-26-04, 05:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: It was mentioned in this article..."
Oops, I think you're right...

got the old adrenaline going though, at least until you poured cold water on me!

Krautboy

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-04, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: It was mentioned in this article..."
Yes, I think it looks more like the fishing pole Lillian had and lost the hooks with. Than a spear like Rupert had.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-27-04, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Home made spear?"
I really don't think it would be any real trick to fashion a piece of bamboo into a serviceable fishing spear. They just need to use the machete to splay one end out for the prongs and sharpen them.

It wouldn't work as well as Ruperts in S7 because it doesn't have the sling to launch it.

But I'm pretty sure Rupert could make do with a piece of bamboo.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-24-04, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Early thoughts"
Thirsty as Hell is a bit confusing. In previous Survivors (all of them?), the tribe that won the first IC won fire, correct? The losing tribe gets their torches lit at the first TC so everyone's covered.

Speculation: Now that there are three tribes, could it be that the IC winner succeeds in their "quest for fire", the losing tribe goes to TC but the second place finisher is left in the dark, so to speak?

Since Chapera doesn't have fire on Day 3, could they finish second in the first IC, avoid TC, but lose the chance to get the fire started?

Definitely think this refers to Chapera.

If a former winner is the first boot, I can think of three other players that might feel a bit panicked. Because Tina is a likely first boot, I think Rich and Jenna6 will start to panic. Ethan won't feel very secure either.

Panicked could refer to Mogo Mogo.

If Tina is indeed the first boot, Saboga cannot lose the next IC and go down to four players.

Desperate (for a IC victory)? Saboga.

01-24-04, 08:29 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Early thoughts"
I understand your train of thought and it is with good reasoning. However, after Survivor 7 and Morgan losing all those early challenges...I certainly would think they were desperate. It is just hard to think that a tribe would think they were desperate after only one challenge.

I think the desperate part would have something to do with their living conditions and not necessarily thinking they had to win a challenge.

Just my thoughts.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •