The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Midget and Gidget"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Redemption 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-09-04, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Midget and Gidget"
Firstly, the pair should be disqualified for having someone carry their bags during the race. How is this allowed?

Secondly, somebody please confiscate the midgets whistle.

Thirdly, get the mdiget some rollarblades or sneakers with wheels so she can get her large rear end waddling a little faster. (not a pretty sight)

Finally, have the producers of this tv show explained to the couple that this a race? How many times will they whine "No one is helping me!" I-T I-S A R-A-C-E! Look at the coiuple who lost first round. Why? becaue the guy was such a softy he let others take the taxis first. Good idea ya loser!

I have nothing personal against the midget team as they are funny to watch but its frustrating as they get in the lead and then lose it because midget takes half an hour to run to a taxi.

It will be interesting when some long drives happen. Assume that Gidget will do all the driving.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Midget and Gidget reversehalo 07-09-04 1
   RE: Midget and Gidget Redemption 07-09-04 13
       RE: Midget and Gidget reversehalo 07-09-04 15
   As reality show contestants... IceCat 07-09-04 16
   sorry, but you're sooo wrong.... shakes the clown 07-12-04 36
 RE: Midget and Gidget Estee 07-09-04 2
   RE: Midget and Gidget Macadamia 07-09-04 3
       RE: Midget and Gidget AugustGirl 07-09-04 6
           RE: Midget and Gidget Estee 07-09-04 8
 RE: Midget and Gidget PepeLePew13 07-09-04 4
   RE: Midget and Gidget Macadamia 07-09-04 5
       RE: Midget and Gidget Ontario TAR Fan 07-09-04 11
           RE: Midget and Gidget Estee 07-09-04 12
   RE: Midget and Gidget AugustGirl 07-09-04 7
       RE: Midget and Gidget KMan 07-09-04 9
           RE: Midget and Gidget AugustGirl 07-09-04 10
               RE: Midget and Gidget reversehalo 07-09-04 14
                   Charla Molaholic 07-09-04 17
                       RE: Charla ginger 07-09-04 18
                           RE: Charla Estee 07-09-04 19
                           RE: Charla Fishercat 07-09-04 20
                           Amen to that Sistah Esbea 07-09-04 21
                       NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shakes the clown 07-12-04 37
 RE: Midget and Gidget rasslinmomma 07-09-04 22
 RE: Midget and Gidget canadaguy69 07-09-04 23
   He didn't carry the beef... IceCat 07-10-04 24
   RE: Midget and Gidget Esbea 07-10-04 25
       RE: Midget and Gidget canadaguy69 07-10-04 26
           RE: Midget and Gidget Neobie 07-10-04 27
               lol moonbaby 07-10-04 28
               RE: Midget and Gidget canadaguy69 07-11-04 30
           Bashing contestants=good IceCat 07-11-04 29
               RE: Bashing contestants=good canadaguy69 07-11-04 31
                   RE: Bashing contestants=good Esbea 07-11-04 32
                       RE: Bashing contestants=good Puffy 07-11-04 33
                           RE: Bashing contestants=good Esbea 07-11-04 34
                   RE: Bashing contestants=good mrc 07-12-04 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

reversehalo 300 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-09-04, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
Since they allowed a person with physical limitations to participate in TAR I don't find it out of line to allow for some accomadations. Fair to the other teams or not I don't know, I guess we will hear later on in the show how the other teams feel about it. I'm sure it is just as frustrating to the "midget" as it is to you to lose the lead because she is physically unable to move faster. By the way the "midget" is a person not a novelty for amusement. I personally admire her will to particiapte in TAR with all it's physical demands.

Redemption 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-09-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
I apologise for the name, I should have said little person.

But, I have to say, although Charla (?) is having a go and standing up for what she believes in, this is not the show to do it. I cringed watching her in the first episode and not once did I feel that it benefited the little peoples cause or feel that they can do the same things as anyone else. Actually, I never even thought they coudln't until I watched the first episode.

Hey good luck to them both but I believe it is hurting the little persons cause more than it is helping it.

07-09-04, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
I wasn't aware that Charla was trying make a statement, I thought she was on the show to play the game.
Maybe I take this whole issue a little too much to heart because my own son has physical limitations but I can totally respect the extra efforts it takes Charla to perform the same tasks as the other players. Sorry if it makes you cringe.
I feel like she is doing a great job of representing little people.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-09-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "As reality show contestants..."
... every last one of them has volunteered to be a novelty for amusement.

BTW: This is the 'Basher's Forum', where bashing the contestants is not only permitted but also encouraged.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-12-04, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "sorry, but you're sooo wrong...."
>By the way the "midget"
>is a person not a
>novelty for amusement.

......first of all, the term "little person" is just plain stupid. On the other hand, the word "midget" just sounds so fun the way it rolls of the tongue. No way in he!! I'm letting the a-hole PC police take that term away from me!

And second of all, midgets may in fact be people, but they are MOST DEFINITELY a novelty for amusement. Just take a walk outside your house or turn on your TV and TRY to find even one thing/person more amusing than watching a midget.

Case closed.

Card Carrying Obsessed Midget Lover Since 1994

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
Firstly, the pair should be disqualified for having someone carry their bags during the race. How is this allowed?

The same way it's been allowed in the past for teams to ask locals to serve as area guides all day, riding around the subway systems and buses with them. If you can recruit help from the populace, no one's going to stop you.

Macadamia 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-09-04, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Macadamia Click to send private message to Macadamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
>Firstly, the pair should be disqualified
>for having someone carry their
>bags during the race. How
>is this allowed?

>
>The same way it's been allowed
>in the past for teams
>to ask locals to serve
>as area guides all day,
>riding around the subway systems
>and buses with them.
>If you can recruit help
>from the populace, no one's
>going to stop you.
>
>

Exactly. Also, as I remember it, provided the primary task (i.e. carrying the beef) is done by the racers, someone else carrying their bags doesn't matter.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
Exactly. Also, as I remember it, provided the primary task (i.e. carrying the beef) is done by the racers, someone else carrying their bags doesn't matter.

True. When they first stopped the local I got a moment of panic because I thought they were going to ask him to carry the beef, which would have resulted in a penalty. But because it was the bags, it didn't matter. To me it's no different than getting a porter to carry bags in an airport.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

07-09-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
For that matter, they could have left the bags at the meat packing plant and asked a taxi to drop by and let them recover the luggage before they left the town.

Or not... they had no guarantee that they'd be leaving the town by taxi. The next clue could have easily read 'Stay here and wait for the next bus', which would have meant sending a runner back to retrieve the packs. Come to think of it, the only time dropping luggage and running for it has made sense is in the final dash for a mat. (Did Kevin & Drew ever find that taxi?)

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
It's happened quite often in TARs in the past where contestants got help from the locals -- one notable example I can remember is Flo and Zach getting help from the locals to paddle Flo's boat to the route marker in the finale of TAR3, and the other two teams (the brothers and Teri/Ian) got help from locals running alongside their bikes to hold them up.

I agree on the whistle part... take it away from Charla and stick it into Alison's mouth to keep her shut!

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention." Tom Peters

Macadamia 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-09-04, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Macadamia Click to send private message to Macadamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
Didn't Flo and Zach get a time penalty for gettting someone else to row?

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-09-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to send private message to Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
LAST EDITED ON 07-09-04 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

>Didn't Flo and Zach get a time penalty for gettting someone else to row?

Nope. And neither did Teri/Ian for the help on the bikes. Part of the race is getting the locals to help you. They must follow the clue, and the clue says nothing about their gear. In this case, I give them a lot of credit for thinking of another way to get the job done.

Now if only they had asked the local guy directions to the butcher shop, they could have saved themselves 4 blocks.

Finally, I hope that that beef is not used for human consumption after being thrown around on the ground like that.

07-09-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
Don't worry: they'll just give it to Fear Factor contestants.

07-09-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
LAST EDITED ON 07-09-04 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

I agree on the whistle part... take it away from Charla and stick it into Alison's mouth to keep her shut!

Amen Pepe. Amen!

Ali-Ho must go!

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-09-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
I think the whole think with Charla is a gimmick and it's just degrading the whole show.

07-09-04, 10:17 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
I disagree. I think Charla has as much a right to be a constestant as any of them. I admire her for trying, and I admire CBS for letting her participate.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

07-09-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
Yes, I totally agree. There is a difference between a gimmick(Littlest Groom) and giving Charla a chance to participate. So far I feel she has been treated like all of the other players and she does have every right to be there.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Charla"
In one of the confessionals Charla did make a statement to the fact that one reason she was participating is to show that Little People can do anything they want. I agree that is taking a considerable amount of courage and determination for her to compete in such a physically challenging (for anyone of any size) event. Perhaps CBS is playing up the novelty (not for the first time) but as long as they don't make her an object of sympathy or pity, I have no problem.
And please, posters, let's give her the respect by using her name. Using the term "the midget" is just plain offensive (not to mention inaccurate).

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Charla"
As far as I could tell, the biggest handicap Charla has is Cousin Mirna. Charla picked up the bags, picked up the meat, kept moving. Mirna just kept whining. And Mirna wins the Unclear On The Whole Race Concept Award for asking if she could play a "quick hand of 21" after the Chips Challenge.

I also think both of them need to stop complaining that people won't help them, if the whole point of participation is to prove that Little People can do anything us Tall Bloated Folk can do.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

07-09-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Charla"
As far as I could tell, the biggest handicap Charla has is Cousin Mirna.

I'm in this camp, having nicknamed the team Racers 1.5 on that thread. Mirna is the .5.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-09-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Charla"
Exactly. If anything, the one who would have more trouble in this race and be a handicap to the team is Mirna, considering Charla is an absolute gamer who seems to be as strong as an ox, especially for a person her size.

With that said, I'd like the whistle removed, it seems to be an extra prop, but I don't mind either way.

One more thing I agree with Ginger on, that they need to stop complaining about people not helping them. I didn't see the Three Legged Race (Jim and Marsha) getting a lot of help other then in the airport for Jim's busted up knee, which must have killed.
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Amen to that Sistah"
"Little" or not, Charla is kicking butt. She doesnt complain, and she is giving it 100%. This team is going to fall into the Mary/Peach category who lose because one teammate is having to carry the game for them both. No way will they pull off a FloZach.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-12-04, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
>And please, posters, let's give her
>the respect by using her
>name. Using the term "the
>midget" is just plain offensive
>(not to mention inaccurate).

....as someone who has been obsessed with midgets for over a decade now and has spent countless hours stal...er, I mean, observing them in the wild, there is no way I am going to let ANYONE peer pressure or PC pressure the good people of SB.com into abandoning one of the coolest words in the English language.

They are MIDGETS, not little people, not height challenged, not vertically deficient, MIDGETS!

No way in he!! I let such a great word be erased from the English language.

Not on my watch!

>

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-09-04, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
Cousin Mirna will definitely be the downfall of this team. From the first moments of the race, her shrill voice began "Hurry up, Charla. Run faster." Later at the meat market, "You can't do it, Charla." "Wait for me Charla."

Charla is most definitely the stronger member of the team. She has the mental toughness to compete that Mirna doesn't have. She has the physical strength to carry the beef an extra four blocks (and back).

The only drawback to Charla's ability to race that we've seen so far is her running abilities. Mirna's biggest drawback is her attitude.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

canadaguy69 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-09-04, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail canadaguy69 Click to send private message to canadaguy69 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
I agree with you totally.As well they had a guy help carry the beef.They should be penalized or disqualified.IT IS A RACE !!
If any of the not-so-verticall-challenged pretty couples had done this everyone would be out for blood.In no other amazing race did anyone get help with their backpacks or with the object of the detour.

07-10-04, 05:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "He didn't carry the beef..."
He carried their luggage.

07-10-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
"In no other amazing race did anyone get help with their backpacks or with the object of the detour."

Honestly...have you watched the other Amazing Races? Teams are ALWAYS getting help from the locals. A couple that have been mentioned here are the boat paddling for Flo and when Ian and Teri got help with the bikes. I can think of countless times that one team member or another has gotten help with their packs.
These two did the smart thing for the moment. They HAD to carry the beef, nothing was said about their bags. So what if they aksed a local (or even paid him) to carry their bags? It enabled them both to carry what was too heavy for one of them, and they finished faster. Good on them!

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

07-10-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail canadaguy69 Click to send private message to canadaguy69 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
Oh my god !! You people would lose on amazing race for sure.!
Firstly,I have watched all amazing races.Secondly,In this one the man held the beef as they walked with it.So you have no powers of observation and you don't read all the clues...you lose.!

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-10-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
Euh, gotta step in here.

The Uruguayan (yes, it is spelt that way) wanted to help carry the beef, but Mirna stopped him and instead asked him to get the bags. This shows a basic understanding of the rules on the cousins' part.

And yes, at the shop, the Uruguayan was seen touching the beef, I think trying to stabilize Charla. I don't think TPTB would have jumped at it because he hasn't been doing it for a really extended period of time, maybe just for that few seconds, and the cousins have already walked eight extra blocks distance, and they didn't see a need to penalize them further.

Or maybe all the above is rubbish and they already got penalized. It is never shown unless it makes a changes to the standings.

Anyway, welcome to the boards CanadaGuy69! Hee, calm down a little.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-04, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "lol"
And yes, at the shop, the Uruguayan was seen touching the beef

Whew, ok....bahahahaha.....heheheh....
Thank you.

07-11-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Midget and Gidget"
WRONG...while they were walking he was helping to hold the beef.

07-11-04, 00:53 AM (EST)
29. "Bashing contestants=good"
Bashing fellow posters = bad.

Let's keep it civil, please.

07-11-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Bashing contestants=good"
sorry didn't know the rules...they should be posted..nice fellow poster !!

07-11-04, 04:28 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Bashing contestants=good"
LAST EDITED ON 07-11-04 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

MY powers of observation tell me that there is a blue link at the top of every page (in that paragraph of black writing) that will convienently take who ever clicks on it right to the posted guidelines.

or if you dont want to read the complete guidelines, "respect for other posters IS required at all times" is written in the line right above the link.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-04, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Bashing contestants=good"
Touche, or tushie?

J Slice original

07-11-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Bashing contestants=good"
is that French for "can I touch your tushie"?

very appropriate, 'cause my tushie is puffy.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-04, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Bashing contestants=good"
Just so we're clear on the guidelines, here they are.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
To-do list: Check "alert" button to see if it works

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •