The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
I live a few towns away from KO, so I will be keeping my ears to the ground for any inside spoiling info as the season progresses. For now, there is an article in our local paper today that outlines the kind of preparation Kathy went through since April, knowing she was going back on Survivor.

Besides working on her mental game with an analysis of each probable opponent, KO spent quite a bit of time working on one of her weaknesses: she was uncomfortable around water. Now I know that a swimming pool and the ocean are two totally different things, but she has past experience from her time in Marquesas, and knowledge of the types of tasks needed to perform in challenges.

I think we will be seeing a very different Kathy Obrien then we did the first time, does anybody else have info on what some of the others have done to prepare for this time around? I think Kathy is going to form an alliance this time around for one thing.

For the full link on the article click HERE.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts ... ginger 01-13-04 1
 RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts ... colleenwannabe 01-13-04 2
   RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts ... KObrien_fan 01-13-04 3
   RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts ... TeamJoisey 01-14-04 6
 RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts ... KeithFan 01-13-04 4
   RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts ... KObrien_fan 01-13-04 5
       RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts ... frisky 01-14-04 7
           RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts ... Round Robin 01-17-04 8
           RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts ... munson 01-18-04 10
 RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts ... volsfan 01-17-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
She needs to talk less initially. She needs to be leery of wearing her heart on her sleeve. Other than that, she's got a good shot at it.

She may have been uncomfortable with water, but I'm sure the jellyfish victim (Jon? Senior moment here) was relieved she was not too uncomfortable to MAKE water, if you know what I mean...

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-13-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail colleenwannabe Click to send private message to colleenwannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
I was amused by this line:

There's O'Brien, now 50, who urinated on the hand of a fellow Marquesian contestant stung by a sea urchin as well as her former castaway Rob Mariano, the scheming, Machiavelli-in-training figure also known as the "Robfather."

It makes it sound like she urinated on Rob as well.

01-13-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
Yes it does. I also found it interesting that they omitted the part about her spending the night drinking with Rob and forming some kind of bond.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-14-04, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"

I thought it said Kathy's fellow Marquesian contestant had been stung by both a sea urchin and the RobFadda.

Which was true, no?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
Wow! She did some prep work! Do you think she consulted NASA on the most streamlined hairstyle?

I think going into 4 she was really a fish out of water, everyone thought she would go first. I think this time she will really have her act together right away. Go Kathy!

On the other hand, do you think she has a jump shot?

01-13-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
I don't know if NASA was consulted, but I'll ask her next time I see her.

I agree she was a fish out of water for Marquesas, and if Rotu had lost early IC, she would have been toast. Isn't it amazing that first impressions while they may be lasting, they aren't always right?

And I'm not sure about her jumpshot, but I bet she could learn to rebound...

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-04, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
>Isn't it amazing that first impressions while they may be lasting, they aren't always right?

YES!! Which is exactly why I would lvoe to see an "early losers" edition, featuring Deb, Kel, Pastor John, Holey Pete, etc. If nothing else, it would be hilarious.

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-17-04, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
Lord spare us! Most of those losers are the LAST people I want to see on another Survivor!

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-18-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
A bit off topic, but I agree, Frisky.

But instead of the total losers, I'd like to see those who might have done well except for the twists or illness or a bad first impression. Short list? Hunter, Ramona, Jesse, Tanya, Varner, Lindsey, Kelly G, Gretchen, Silas, Jake.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-04, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kathy Vavrick Obrien, excerpts from local newspaper"
Great job KO! I have a couple of local news paper articles about Tina that I will post soon...I didn't see any spoiler info in them but maybe you guys will see things I missed!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •