The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Twist For First Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-11-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Twist For First Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-04 AT 11:09 AM (EST)

I feel so bad about not knowing the rules on this forum but I just didn't where this would fit in...

"A storm is brewing on cutthroat island. Divided into three tribes of six, the new cast of Survivor: All Stars has traveled, blindfolded, by boat over shark infested waters to reach a picturesque stretch of beach in Panama's Pearl Islands. Soon they will compete in an immunity challenge that will force the losing tribe to give one of its members the boot. But first they get a chance to check out the competition."

"As thunder rumbles, host Jeff Probst instructs the tribes to emerge, one by one, from the separate patches of the mosquito riddles jungle where they life in wait."

this is what they said in TV Guide articles...this is what i imagine:

All Players are brought in BLINDFOLDED (duh) and brought to their respected camps...then they hang out for the 2-3 days, then when they go to the first immunity, that is when they get to finally "CHECK OUT THE COMPETITION" (hence the coming out of the bushes thingie...this would also explain that the tribes are separated even before the game so they don't kno other ppl who would be in the game besides their own tribe mates etc...

what a shock would that be! seeing your competition for the first time AT the first immmunity challenge...does this make sense?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Twist For First Episode munson 01-11-04 1
 RE: New Twist For First Episode KObrien_fan 01-11-04 2
 RE: New Twist For First Episode volsfan 01-11-04 3
   RE: New Twist For First Episode Spidey 01-11-04 4
 RE: New Twist For First Episode JazzyJax 01-12-04 5
 RE: New Twist For First Episode PepeLePew13 01-12-04 6
 RE: New Twist For First Episode Neobie 01-12-04 7
 RE: New Twist For First Episode JohnMc 01-12-04 8
   RE: New Twist For First Episode mistofleas 01-12-04 9
       RE: New Twist For First Episode okaloosajohn 01-12-04 10
           RE: New Twist For First Episode mistofleas 01-12-04 11
               RE: New Twist For First Episode okaloosajohn 01-12-04 13
                   RE: New Twist For First Episode Brownroach 01-12-04 14
                       agree anotherkim 01-12-04 17
               RE: New Twist For First Episode JohnMc 01-12-04 15
                   RE: New Twist For First Episode Brownroach 01-12-04 16
                       RE: New Twist For First Episode okaloosajohn 01-12-04 18
                           RE: New Twist For First Episode Brownroach 01-12-04 19
                               I think the group shot is real TeamJoisey 01-13-04 33
           RE: New Twist For First Episode VerucaSalt 01-12-04 12
               RE: New Twist For First Episode Loquatrix 01-12-04 20
                   RE: New Twist For First Episode Brownroach 01-12-04 21
                       RE: New Twist For First Episode speedyforme 01-12-04 22
                           RE: New Twist For First Episode VerucaSalt 01-12-04 25
                       RE: New Twist For First Episode okaloosajohn 01-12-04 23
                           RE: New Twist For First Episode speedyforme 01-12-04 24
                               RE: New Twist For First Episode Brownroach 01-12-04 26
                                   RE: New Twist For First Episode speedyforme 01-12-04 27
                                       RE: New Twist For First Episode volsfan 01-12-04 28
                                           RE: New Twist For First Episode speedyforme 01-12-04 29
                                               RE: New Twist For First Episode volsfan 01-12-04 30
                                                   RE: New Twist For First Episode Cyanide4U 01-12-04 31
                                                   RE: New Twist For First Episode speedyforme 01-12-04 32
                                                       RE: New Twist For First Episode volsfan 01-13-04 34
                                                           RE: New Twist For First Episode speedyforme 01-13-04 35
                                                       RE: New Twist For First Episode Brownroach 01-13-04 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-11-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
It sure does make sense.

MB always tries to keep the Castaways on their toes with the twists and surprises. This group, who have been thru this before, needed to get that message right from the get go that the game is unpredictable.

They arrive at their camp blindfolded to quickly discover they are on a tribe of six. Huh? No doubt they were expecting two tribes of eight. Score one for MB.

The next thought is, only twelve of us competing? Will two more join the tribe later today? Tomorrow?

Then comes the IC and they find out it's a three tribe game! Yep, things are different this time around.

Imagine all the speculating during the first three days. Who is on the other tribe that I have a natural alliance/connection with and how can I exploit that later? But in the meantime, I need to ally with the folks on my own tribe so I can make it to the merge. And now I'm no longer assuming a traditional merge of two tribes at 10. Uh-oh. Whatever stratgey I had pre-game might need some tweaking now.

I will add that despite this twist, I'm guessing the smarter players will anticipate three tribes before the IC. Also, I'll bet it won't be too much of a surprise when they find out who their competitors are. These people are not 18 strangers after all.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
MB was quoted as saying something along the lines of: since these players have played and watched the game extensively, their own paranoia for what twists might befall them would far surpass the twists he could actually throw at them. He loved it that they showed up in 3 layers of clothing to start the game. I agree that what you say is plausible and a great way to start things off, building upon the strategic paranoia of the players, let them swing in the breeze trying to figure things out.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-04 AT 08:34 PM (EST)

I really like this idea and maybe something very similar happens! According to the wingedmonkey spoiler:

The three tribes of six were formed before the game started. The players were separated by tribes into three different locations while awaiting for the game to start. Plenty of time for alliances to form but will they actually serve their purposes if twists are thrown into the mix that preclude any benefits from alliances?

Assuming this is correct, their would still be a major surprise when they show up for their first challenge and there are three tribes. The same shocked feelings would be there.

I know that MB loves having the secrets of them not speaking to each other. Now, there is a spoiler out there that states they are free to make alliances before the game starts! WOW!

ETA: The way I read the article in TV Guide...it makes it sounds as if the challenge is on day one! Does anyone else read it that way? I think in the past though the press has visited like on day 2 or 3 right?

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
The three tribes of six were formed before the game started. The players were separated by tribes into three different locations while awaiting for the game to start.

Could this be a misinterpretation, given that there has been no "meeting of the tribes" prior to IC1?

Even though they had been dropped off a day or two before, all the tribes being together for the first time might signal the "start" of the game to some.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-12-04, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
Wow! This is pretty cool. I wonder if they are told there are ANY other tribes than themselves? It would certainly throw a kink in the old individual immunity vs. team bonding thing that goes on during the first few days.

And, I wonder how this plays into the cryptic Snews message about "the Mexican group gets screwed." Course, thats under another topic!

Gettin' excited...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
That would be a brilliant way to start the game off with a bang -- I'm sure that most of them know 'something' through the scuttlebutt going on through the alumni, but it'd be great to have the tribes shaken up and they all be kept in the dark as to whom they'll be grouped with at the start.

Bring it on, let's get it over with...

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-12-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
I LVOE this idea! Really hate to poke holes, but when was the photo on the ASS website taken? It looks like they're all fresh (Richard's not even naked yet!) and they all look kind of happy. Is this possible that it's taken just before the first challenge?

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-12-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
<<what a shock would that be! seeing your competition for the first time AT the first immmunity challenge...does this make sense? >>

Yeah, it does. Look at the group shot on the CBS website:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor8/index.shtml

Notice how they are in groups of 6 according to their tribe. Anyone who knows the tiniest thing about Photoshop knows that you can superimpose all 3 tribes in front of a background.

I love this twist - it will keep all of them guessing, as well as us!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
That's what I was thinking too. It looks like MB had them pose with the purpose of putting it together later into a "full cast" shot, but it's really the 3 separate tribes by themselves.

--doesn't know PhotoShop but does know a fake up when she sees it

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
Yes, each tribe is grouped together. What else would be expected? I downloaded the picture and looked at it a little more closely. I'd bet a dollar to a donut that it hasn't been photoshopped...

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
So what are you saying John, that you think the cast photo was taken with all 16 of them together and therefore they have seen their competition ahead of time so there is no "suprise" OR are you saying that the photo was taken after the show was over?

--is confused though blaming it on lack of coffee

01-12-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
Well, I suppose the shot could have been posed on the beach at the first challenge gettogether. But it seems to me that there has been a picture very similar to this one for each and every one of the survivor series to date.

I guess I believe that they knew that there would be three tribes and who would be in each of the three before they ever got to the islands.

At any rate, they look way too fresh for the photo to have been taken after 40 days!!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
They don't always have publicity photos by tribe. In S5 they tried to fool everyone into thinking there would be same sex tribes, and the tribes weren't picked until the game started.

This photo looks fake, imo. Everyone looks tightly posed, not as casual as they usually look in these photos. If you look at the positions of the people on the ground, no one group's knees are extending any more forward than another's. The people in the back also look like they are in an almost exact straight line.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "agree"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-04 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

when you click on the individual players, they have a black and white, cropped out version of that person from the group shot (horribly grainy). Tom and Hatch are the only opposing team members close enough to touch and their pics are cropped so tight that you can't see anything in them. All the other pics that have people arm to arm have other arms or body parts in them, Jenna M. is a good example. People like Lex or Rupert are solo in their pics because they are standing away from the group. IMO, they had to crop Hatch and Tom so tight in order to hide the fact that there isn't an arm in the picture with them.

--Colby seems to have a little more facial hair growth as well.

edited to add , or maybe not .

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-12-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-04 AT 01:45 PM (EST)

Neither. I'm saying that they were probably taken separately to do their publicity shoot as a tribe, then blindfolded to go to camp and begin the game. Each tribe had its picture taken in one location but separately and the 3 photos were merged together. Or they (each tribe) had their pictures taken, and the background was just added in later. So I don't think they had to see each other in order to have the picture taken.

btw, it's 18, not 16.

Edit to take it all back. SNN has other group pics that has the entire group at other angles. oh, and thx brownroach for backing me on that.

01-12-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-04 AT 01:43 PM (EST)

I thought the same thing, but now I changed my mind. Here's a larger version of the picture at SurvivorFever:

http://www.survivorfever.net/s8_cast_tribes.html

I think it's a group photo taken before the first challenge. The clothing matches the challenge pic clothes in TV Guide, allowing for them stripping down to shorts or bathing suits.

01-12-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
18. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
In the larger picture, it's also easy to see why those on the sand are all lined up so neatly. That's a length of hawser or hose or something on the beach that is stretched out almost in a straight line and they are lined up on it.

01-12-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
19. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-04 AT 03:23 PM (EST)

Yeah, the photo looks much more realistic here. The CBS cropping gives it a weirdly doctored look.

*snicker* SFever has "Ethan Hawk" as a member of the Saboga Tribe. ETA: But they just corrected it.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-13-04, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "I think the group shot is real"

You can certainly paste those people in there with Photoshop, but I think it's real for a different reason.

Group dynamics.

If they were asked to stand together in a tribe only photo, they wouldn't have positioned themselves as they are. Lex for instance, wouldn't squat in the first row like that, leaving two people way off to his left with the flag. If it was a group of six, it's not hard to imagine they would place themselves around the flag, which would be in a central location.

Maybe you think I'm crazy, but this looks like a large family reunion photo, not three individual photos.

But you guys already know that.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-12-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-04 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-12-04 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

SNN Spy Report said that the three tribes were formed before the game started. In fact, each tribe arrived together at a different time.

That being the case, TV Guide and their little blurb IMO is drama. Let's face it, how many people who watch Survivor are reading Survivor News Net? How intriguing, how dramatic...... they were blindfolded and know nothing etc as oppposed to...... everyone knows everyone and the tribes were already split up from the get go which allowed more time for alliance building, etc.

If I were the general public, I think I like the first description better

ETA In terms of the photo, just like any other photo. Pre press stuff like we have seen every other Survivor do when they are all grouped together looking fresh and pretty. The TV Guide Article is doing nothing but creating drama (with Vee not in it they can )

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-12-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
Let's face it, how many people who watch Survivor are reading Survivor News Net? How intriguing, how dramatic...... they were blindfolded and know nothing etc as oppposed to...... everyone knows everyone and the tribes were already split up from the get go which allowed more time for alliance building, etc..... If I were the general public, I think I like the first description better

Totally agree, V.S. All the publicity I've seen (promos in the football games this weekend, for example) assumes that the viewing audience at large has no idea who is on ASS and that the surprise of finding out who the contestants are is a big part of the fun. It was that whole "Will it be Richard? Will Sue be on? How about Jonny Fairplay??" showing pics of them at the same time.

The general audience (not including the spoiling community, I mean) is being encouraged to believe that none of the competitors knows who else is on the show, and will find out when they're all unmasked. I wonder if the contestants have been told to act surprised.

01-12-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
21. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
SNN Spy Report said that the three tribes were formed before the game started. In fact, each tribe arrived together at a different time.

That being the case, TV Guide and their little blurb IMO is drama.

I don't see any contradiction here. If each group of six was flown in separately and sent to its own location, the members of each tribe wouldn't know for sure who else was in the game (though they might have some ideas).

Why else would MB bother to isolate the contestants by tribe before the game except that he didn't want them to know who was on the other tribe(s)?

01-12-04, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
exactly, remember...they could've just said before the challenge to huddle in their tribes to take a group shot...nothing special...AFTER the initial shock or surprise to find out exactly who is playing and exactly which tribes they are on

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-12-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
See this is what I get for not reading everything but certain posts

There is no contradiction BR; the "premise" I was reading was that the WHOLE scenario was cloaked in mystery.

(Though personally I'm a little hard pressed to believe that some if not a lot of these people while being contacted to do the show and wooed, etc. were not talking to other Survivors as to them being on the show. Heck, Ethan dated half the cast )

With that, I think the sense of mystery here might still be a little dramatic lol

01-12-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
23. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
Why else would MB bother to isolate the contestants by tribe before the game except that he didn't want them to know who was on the other tribe(s)?

Well, I can think of at least one good reason. To minimize the opportunities for cross tribal line alliances based on previous friendships to develop before the game actually got started...

01-12-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
24. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
i agree BUT whats the diff between having them on a boat AND not allowing them to talk or look at each opther directly

then

separating them?

if they did, it can be caught on tape, clearly...IMHO that they didn't want everyone to know everyone else who was playing the game and which tribes there were in...

they need initial shock value

01-12-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
26. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-04 AT 05:07 PM (EST)

Yes -- besides which, Tina had said at one point that Rich Hatch told her he was thinking of a plan involving her and Ethan...any of these people could have started discussing alliance strategies months ago, in case they got selected to be on it.

01-12-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
27. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
i absolutely agree as well, however, i think ONCE they were selected, they were not allowed to contact anyone else after...and i also agree that this will not truely affect gameplay, just a nice SURPRISE! or SHOCK! value added...somethig fun, not to screw up everyone's gameplan...as MB says it "their paranoia will get to them"...or something like that...teehee, it think it's still a cool idea and fun to watch as the first episode

01-12-04, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
Speedy...I understand what your saying but you also have to remember that no one knew there were three tribes! So, if they are flown in at different times and do find out that there are three tribes right before the first challenge...this affects all types of planning because now you have to plan for not one but two merges!

The shock is not really who is on the other tribes but how many tribes there are! Also, if someone had plotted before the show, it would be even tougher to make the plan work because of so much tribal dynamics.

Misto...I had to backspace three times just for you to remove that extra "T" that flips you out! I am trying!

01-12-04, 09:26 PM (EST)
29. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
then are you trying to say that everyone knew who would be involved in ASS but just not how many?

i think it would be obvious that if you have 6 ppl in your tribe, there would be 18...unless you dont mean that...

01-12-04, 09:48 PM (EST)
30. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
No, I am not saying that at all. With this being All Star Survivor...they would have no idea how many people there would be. If there is 6 on your tribe. Why wouldn't you think there were 12 or 24 or maybe even correctly guess that there are 18. You would not know until you saw the number of tribes.

Also, if you had planned something with someone and you thought there were going to be 16. The logistics of carrying out a planned alliance would be very tough.

My point is that no one knows who is on the other tribe(s) until they see them at the challenge. Then they are also surprised by the fact that there are three tribes of six.

Remember, we are dealing with people on Survivor, If I were on Survivor and I was taken and shown my other tribe mates and there were 6 of us...I don't think that I would automatically go..oh wow there are three tribes of 6! I just don't think that is something that is so easily decided!

Cyanide4U 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-12-04, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyanide4U Click to send private message to Cyanide4U Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
OK....

I haven't analyzed everyone's responses not that it really matters, considering that my subject hasn't been covered yet.

The importance of 3 tribes isn't so much that it buggers up planned individual alliances (actually, I don't think it should affect planned alliances too much in a direct manner, but much more in an indirect manner -- individual alliances come later in the game). But, the important thing about a 3rd tribe is that it introduces a new level of strategy. Now, you aren't just competing with your tribe against the only other tribe while slowly pulling together plots and alliances on an individual level. All-of-a-sudden, your are being forced to spend considerable time negotiating with another tribe to oust/damage the third tribe. Multiple members of your tribe are negotiating with each of the other tribes in order to decide which tribe to scr*w over. And, you don't know which of the other tribes can actually be trusted. Top it off with the fact that a tribe is formed of multiple people all with their own opinions. Half your tribe might believe Tribe A to be trustworthy, while half your tribe may think Tribe B are the ones to go with. Opinions might be so stubborn that they lead straight to outright betrayal within individual tribes based on the negotiations intended to illicit alliance with the other tribes (this is where suspected pre-game alliances could factor in, largely on a paranoia level). The number one thing at the beginning will be steadfast and charismatic leadership.

Cyanide4U

01-12-04, 10:23 PM (EST)
32. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
OK so you basically said what i said...teehee, the post you were responding to was just another response i made when someone commented on believing that ppl made deals before the show so therefore they hung out before the game began while they were selected...i agree with 100% what you said...since that is what i said in my first post

01-13-04, 06:31 AM (EST)
34. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
Actually, speedy, if you go back and look, I brought the spoiler over to this thread that said the tribes were developed before the game began. I was trying to bring some validity to your first post. After that, I get the feeling that you were playing devil's advocate for your own idea!

If just seemed that everyone had gotten off the original topic but I am not trying to take credit for your idea.

01-13-04, 06:43 AM (EST)
35. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
haha i totally understand, since these are spoilers with too many ideas...

01-13-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
36. "RE: New Twist For First Episode"
someone commented on believing that ppl made deals before the show so therefore they hung out before the game began while they were selected

I believe you're referring to me, but that is not what I meant.

Okaloosajohn said that MB might have isolated the tribes pre-game because he was worried about them trying to plan cross-tribal alliances, rather than because he didn't want them to know exactly who else was in the game or how many tribes there were.

My point was that I don't think cross-tribal plotting was the major issue for MB, because, as I was trying to illustrate by Tina's remark, some people could have started plotting strategies months earlier before the final cast was even selected. I believe that once the final cast choices were made, however, they were not allowed to contact each other, and so no one knew *for sure* everyone else who made the final cut. *That* is why MB kept them separated until the first challenge.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •