The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Update from Snewser"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-06-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Update from Snewser"
In his newest report of January 6,

a) Final 3 is likely one guy with two gals, and Final 2 is a guy and gal showdown.
b) Jenna M. quits on or around Day 8, because of her mom. Snewser is unsure on how they handle this situation, show - wise.
c) First boot is likely a guy.

Lots of other tidbits as well!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Link and text Brownroach 01-06-04 1
   Tortuga bebekid 01-06-04 5
       RE: Tortuga Brownroach 01-06-04 7
           RE: Tortuga bebekid 01-07-04 18
 RE: Update from Snewser Bebo 01-06-04 2
   RE: Update from Snewser okaloosajohn 01-06-04 3
       RE: Update from Snewser KeithFan 01-06-04 14
   RE: Update from Snewser Brownroach 01-06-04 4
       RE: Update from Snewser Milan23 01-06-04 8
           RE: Update from Snewser Krautboy 01-06-04 13
           RE: Update from Snewser PelicanPete 01-10-04 38
               RE: Update from Snewser J Slice 01-10-04 40
       RE: Update from Snewser railfan 01-06-04 12
           RE: Update from Snewser IslandFever 01-09-04 35
       RE: Update from Snewser Griffe 01-08-04 28
 RE: Update from Snewser survivorscott 01-06-04 6
   RE: Update from Snewser Brownroach 01-06-04 9
       RE: Update from Snewser pdragonfly 01-06-04 10
           RE: Update from Snewser Brownroach 01-06-04 11
               RE: Update from Snewser Joyful 01-07-04 19
               RE: Update from Snewser pdragonfly 01-08-04 29
 TC every day after the merge mavsfan 01-06-04 15
   RE: TC every day after the merge Krautboy 01-06-04 16
       RE: TC every day after the merge munson 01-06-04 17
           RE: TC every day after the merge Krautboy 01-07-04 21
       RE: TC every day after the merge mavsfan 01-07-04 20
           RE: TC every day after the merge Brownroach 01-07-04 22
               RE: TC every day after the merge Krautboy 01-07-04 23
               ACME Calendar Krautboy 01-07-04 24
                   RE: ACME Calendar munson 01-07-04 25
                       RE: ACME Calendar Brownroach 01-07-04 26
                           RE: ACME Calendar munson 01-07-04 27
                               RE: ACME Calendar pmspml5 01-08-04 30
                                   Quick thought on episode numbers AyaK 01-08-04 31
                                       RE: Quick thought on episode number... okaloosajohn 01-09-04 32
                                           RE: Quick thought on episode number... pmspml5 01-09-04 33
                                               RE: Quick thought on episode number... okaloosajohn 01-09-04 34
 RE: Update from Snewser Griffe 01-10-04 36
   RE: Update from Snewser tribephyl 01-10-04 37
       RE: Update from Snewser speedyforme 01-10-04 39
       Red Tribe does not win IC. Krautboy 01-10-04 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Link and text"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=537

S8 All Star Spy Report
From the Panama Front for all things 'Survivor All Star' as reported to SNN.
SNN
Tuesday, January 6, 2004

By: The Wingedmonkeys

SurvivorNews.Net, always on the vanguard of Survivor spoiling, is pleased to bring you up to date as to what our kooky All Stars have been up to since our last report, Operation All Star.

Also, our Scorecard is up as well as our updated Calendar.

We won't ruin the show for you by giving out all the boots but to help you with speculations, we can pass on that the first boot should be male. Hopefully our source can tell the difference between male and female through their binoculars.

TRIBES

. The three tribes of six were formed before the game started. The players were separated by tribes into three different locations while awaiting for the game to start. Plenty of time for alliances to form but will they actually serve their purposes if twists are thrown into the mix that preclude any benefits from alliances?

. We were originally told that the Blue Tribe was on Saboga while the Red and Green Tribes shared the island of Mogo Mogo but we are now unsure as there is a possibility that the Red Tribe may have been located on the island of Chapera.

. Still no reports on what the Tribe names are but on the production call sheets, the Tribes were being referred as Saboga for the Blue Tribe, Mogo Mogo for the Green Tribe and Chapera for the Red Tribe. Maybe they chose the islands' names for the names of the tribes.

. The three tribes merged into two tribes on or before Day 13 (Nov. 15th) but we are unsure of the exact date. The two merged tribes were now the Red and Green Tribes and they either both merged on Mogo Mogo or one tribe on Mogo Mogo and another one on Chapera.

GAME

. The game started on Nov. 3rd and seems to have ended on Dec. 9th judging by the wrap party taking place on Dec. 10th.

. We have been told that only one player gets booted per tribal council. Sources also reported that some Tribal Councils may have been accelerated. We are guessing that the accelerated TCs may have taken place after the merge.

. From the start, Jenna M. was worried about her mom. She eventually quit on or around Day 8 (Nov. 10th) and was allowed to go home right away. Unsure how it will be handled for the show.

. Booted players were sent to Perico however the prejury booted players were shipped out outside of Panama before the jury boots got to Perico. Forget about ghost tribes though as bootees were very well fed after being booted.

. The players were seen trying to approximate their Survivor's series looks as close as possible such as Tom and Colby with their signature hats. Well almost all except Richard who was spotted with a beige kilt though we are betting he will spend a lot of time naked.

MERGE

. Merge seems to have taken place as usual at the 10 players mark. The jury will be made up of 7 players.

. Merge camp was at Saboga and the merge colour is yellow.

. We are not sure what the merged Tribe name was but the name "Tortuga" was overheard. May have been the name of the tribe or something else altogether.

. It looks like we will again have a Final 3 made up of 2 females and one male though this time the Final 2 should be a male and a female.

CHALLENGES

. No word on specific challenges yet though judging from someone witnessing pictures being taken of some stinky fish, it looks like the Gross Food Challenge is back albeit perhaps later in the game.

. There should be some scary looking devil-like statue making appearances either in challenges or perhaps only in the first episode. Said statue is reported to be anatomically correct and well endowed.

. The Family Visit Challenge is back as well. Look for it towards the usual F6 placement.

. The Vehicle Reward seems to have a twist to it as two vehicles were spotted on location. Maybe by having two winners, they will break the vehicle curse? One vehicle seemed to be a sedan while the other one was a Chevy Colorado.

. One reward seemed to have been a day on a yacht but it seemed to have multiple winners so maybe this was a tribal reward (Day 19).

. The Food Auction should also be back. Guess who got the huge steak at the auction?

. Some 3 days of filming took place in San Blas (Caribbean side) starting on Day 22 but we don't know whether it was just for scenery shots or whether it had anything to do with the game or rewards.

---------------------

****ETA: "Tortuga", the possible merge tribe name, means "turtle" in Spanish. -- BR

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-06-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Tortuga"
is, of course, the name of the island where a lot of pirate activity took place in the 1600's. Some history:

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Garden/5213/tortuga.htm

Just wondering how much the pirate theme may come into play this season. Or the selection of "Tortuga" as a merge tribe name could be coincidence. OR it could be Blackbeard's suggestion. He is, after all, a pirate.

-knows about Tortuga thanks to Captain Jack Sparrow

01-06-04, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tortuga"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 06:34 PM (EST)

Possibly that's the reference, but the island itself is nowhere near Panama. If it is the reference I would agree it's probably Rupie's suggestion.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-07-04, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Tortuga"
Actually, if you compare both maps, Tortuga is a straight shot to Panama. And there's this from the history:

500 buccaneers from Tortuga and a 1000 buccaneers from Jamaica, under the command of Henry Morgan set sail in 1670. They attacked and plundered Santa Marta, Rio de la Hacha, Puerto Bello and Panama.

Agree, BR, that Rupert will try to inject pirate lore wherever he can even if MB is not promoting it. Can't take the pirate out of Blackbeard.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Update from Snewser"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

Based on those pieces of information mentioned above, he could have the jury presented in order on his scorecard, with Amber, Jenna L., and Rob M. at the end.

The calendar has also been updated.

edited since BR got the rest of this info in his post

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart. I am also the S7 Anti-Bootee co-champion!

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-06-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Update from Snewser"
. We have been told that only one player gets booted per tribal council. Sources also reported that some Tribal Councils may have been accelerated. We are guessing that the accelerated TCs may have taken place after the merge.

Hmmmm. 1 boot per TC, but what if the first couple of IC force each of the losing tribes to have their own separate TC?

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Update from Snewser"
Or how about this...

Is it possible, that being the "All-Star" and MB wanting to hype it as much as possible, that we may have, on certain weeks, more than 1 episode? Maybe a Thursday-Sunday combo? I would love this idea, and it would explain the # of people/weeks to sweeps.

01-06-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Update from Snewser"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 03:09 PM (EST)

he could have the jury presented in order on his scorecard

Yes, and if the three tribes merge into two as Red and Green it makes sense that the Blue tribe loses the most members early on, as Snewser has it.

ETA: So who gets the steak? I'll guess: Rupert.

Milan23 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-06-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Milan23 Click to send private message to Milan23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Update from Snewser"
>LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04
>AT 03:09 PM (EST)

>

>
>
>ETA: So who gets the steak?
> I'll guess: Rupert.
>

Oh, I was thinking Big Tom. Didn't he go on about eating meat at one point, or am I thinking of someone else?

(Hi everyone! Been lurking since S1 and thought this would be a good time to de-lurk.)

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-06-04, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Update from Snewser"
Welcome Milan! Hope the "de-lurking" isn't too painful, but glad you decided to have the procedure...

Krautboy

PelicanPete 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-10-04, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PelicanPete Click to send private message to PelicanPete Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Update from Snewser"
My thought was that it was Ethan winning a "Mystery Dish" and it turned out to be a steak that he can't eat because he's Jewish (a la S3 when he and Tom split a breakfast platter but Tom ate all the bacon because, in Tom's words, "He's Jewish!")

Just my thoughts

-PP

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-04, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Update from Snewser"
The only way he can't eat a steak due to judaism is if it's coated in cheese.

However, I do recall him being a "vegetarrian." He ate eggs. So I'm not sure.

YMMV

railfan 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-06-04, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail railfan Click to send private message to railfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Update from Snewser"
Just a warning about the pre-show Snewser scorecard...I kept mine from S7, and he had thumbs down on two of the final 3, Jon and Sandra.

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-09-04, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Update from Snewser"
Like Railfan, I remember that Jon and Sandra were slated to go pre-jury by SNN. It wasn't until way into the game that they said, "we think Jon sticks around for a while". The best way to get anything out of the SNN scorecard is to see whose status changes from week to week. Burton, Osten, and Tee, among others, had sudden status changes right before they were voted out. They were fairly unpredictable boots at the time. I think that there is a lot of speculation at this point. I hope Colby and Rudy last a while. And why did Jenna M. sign on to ASS with her mother so sick? It took the spot away from someone else. I am sorry her mother died, maybe she suddenly got worse?

Griffe 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-08-04, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Griffe Click to send private message to Griffe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Update from Snewser"
> I'll guess: Rupert.

Bingo, Brownroach!

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-06-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Update from Snewser"
Well almost all except Richard who was spotted with a beige kilt though we are betting he will spend a lot of time naked.

lot of time naked, does this mean he sticks around a little longer than we thought?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

01-06-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Update from Snewser"
Maybe not. Maybe when they go to the village to get supplies, Richard takes his kilt off to let it dry, and then Rupert steals it to wear because his jeans are too uncomfortable, forcing Richard to go around naked, thus getting voted off first.

"It's deja vu all over again."

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-06-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Update from Snewser"
LOL - BR you crack(no pun intended) me up!

Can't wait for the season to start. I need to see sun and beaches along with naked divas. I surrounded by snow and parkas.

01-06-04, 05:50 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Update from Snewser"
crack

Is this a Rupert joke? Stop, you'll upset him.

I surrounded by snow and parkas.

Yeah, the temperature is supposed to plummet this week here in NYC. Oh joy. Sun and beaches sounds gooood.

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-04, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Update from Snewser"
>Yeah, the temperature is supposed to
>plummet this week here in
>NYC. Oh joy.
>Sun and beaches sounds gooood.

Speaking of "Oh joy", I'm here in Hawaii so I'll soak up some sun for you brownroach

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-08-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Update from Snewser"
>crack
>
>Is this a Rupert joke?
>Stop, you'll upset him.
>
>
>

No its a naked Richard joke! I would NEVER make fun of Rupert. But.....

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-06-04, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "TC every day after the merge"
This will keep it interesting after the merge I think if the players have less time to scheme.

Nov 3 - enter the game
Nov 5 - player 1 booted
Nov 8 - player 2 booted
Nov 11 - player 3 booted
Nov 14 - player 4 booted
Nov 17 - player 5 booted
Nov 20 - player 6 booted
Nov 23 - player 7 booted
Nov 26 - player 8 booted
Nov 27 - Merge
Nov 29 - player 9 booted
Dec 2 - player 10 booted - 1st jury member
Dec 3 - player 11 booted - 2nd jury member
Dec 4 - player 12 booted - 3rd jury member
Dec 5 - player 13 booted - 4th jury member
Dec 6 - player 14 booted - 5th jury member
Dec 7 - player 15 booted - 6th jury member
Dec 8 - player 16 booted/Final immunity - 7th jury member
Dec 9 - Jury votes between F2

01-06-04, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TC every day after the merge"
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-04 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

(Edited to include suggestions from Munson and Brownroach)

I read the calendar a little differently. After the merge their is a TC every other day...but you are correct about it keeping them on their toes:

THREE TRIBES (DAY 1-9/10)
EP1: Nov 3 - enter the game
EP1: Nov 5 - player 1 booted
EP2: Nov 8 - player 2 booted
EP3: Nov 10 – player 3 leaves the game (Jenna)
EP3: Nov 11 - player 4 booted

TWO TRIBES (DAY 10/11-21)
EP4: Nov 12/13 - 3 tribes merge into 2 tribes
EP4: Nov 14 - player 5 booted
EP5: Nov 17 - player 6 booted
EP6: Nov 20 - player 7 booted
EP7: Nov 23 - player 8 booted

ONE TRIBE (DAY 22-34)
EP8: Nov 24 – merge
EP8: Nov 26 - player 9 booted
EP9: Nov 28 - player 10 booted - 1st jury member
EP10: Nov 30 – player 11 booted - 2nd jury member
EP11: Dec 2 - player 12 booted - 3rd jury member
EP12: Dec 4 - player 13 booted - 4th jury member
EP13: Dec 6 - player 14 booted - 5th jury member

FINAL 4 FINALE (DAY 35-37)
EP14: Dec 7 - player 15 booted - 6th jury member
EP14: Dec 8 - final immunity/player 16 booted - 7th jury member
EP14: Dec 9 - Jury votes between F2

Krautboy

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TC every day after the merge"
OK, using KB's calendar, the game is shortened by 2 days from the traditional 39 day contest, most likely due to Jenna's departure.

If the game ends on December 9, doesn't this call into question colleenlover's information? She posts on Dec 15 that her co-worker met Rudy, Rob6 and Tina in Patagonia the week before. This Survivor group joined the existing group at some point during the week of Dec 8. Not much overlap since the wrap party was held on Dec 10.

It seems that Snewser has confirmed this spoiler so it probably doesn't matter.

KB, Snewser has the merge to two tribes slated for "on or before Day 13 (Nov 15th)" in his Spy Report. The Calendar suggests Day 7, as you do above. Day 13 seems the most reasonable as 14 players would have remained in the game at that point (the day after TC4 and not anticipating Jenna's departure) resulting in two tribes of seven. It doesn't seem likely that MB would go to all the trouble of setting up a three tribe game only to merge to a standard 2 tribes of eight set-up after one week.

01-07-04, 01:53 AM (EST)
21. "RE: TC every day after the merge"
>KB, Snewser has the merge to
>two tribes slated for "on
>or before Day 13 (Nov
>15th)" in his Spy Report.
> The Calendar suggests Day
>7, as you do above.

I just transcribed the Calendar from SNN to illustrate the 37 day schedule and how the TC every other day would work with 14 episodes, but failed to notice the discrepency. Good job Munson!

> Day 13 seems the
>most reasonable as 14 players
>would have remained in the
>game at that point (the
>day after TC4 and not
>anticipating Jenna's departure) resulting in
>two tribes of seven.
>It doesn't seem likely that
>MB would go to all
>the trouble of setting up
>a three tribe game only
>to merge to a standard
>2 tribes of eight set-up
>after one week.

I agree that Day 13 makes much more sense in terms of taking full advantage of the three tribe format and size of the two resulting tribes.

I've edited the schedule above to reflect the Day 13 merge...

Krautboy

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-07-04, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: TC every day after the merge"
In coming up with my version of the calendar I was assuming:

1) That when Jenna was allowed to come back to the states, either she had already been voted out of the game OR if she was still in the game MB would treat her departure like Michaels in S2 ie. Jenna would be the ceremonial boot for that 3 day period rather than losing Jenna AND voting a 2nd player out in a 3 day period.

and

2) That the Final immunity/16th player booted wouldn't occur on the same day as the Jury votes (Dec 9th). I thought the final 2 almost always returned to camp for 1 last night after the final jury member had been sent to loser lodge. This lead me to conclude the 7th Jury member went to loser lodge on Dec 8.

01-07-04, 11:50 AM (EST)
22. "RE: TC every day after the merge"
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-04 AT 12:01 PM (EST)

2) That the Final immunity/16th player booted wouldn't occur on the same day as the Jury votes (Dec 9th). I thought the final 2 almost always returned to camp for 1 last night after the final jury member had been sent to loser lodge. This lead me to conclude the 7th Jury member went to loser lodge on Dec 8.

I'd guess this too, but KB's schedule can easily be adjusted so that juror #6 gets the boot on December 7th, one day after juror #5 (that is normally what happens anyway); juror #7 gets the boot on December 8th; and the final 2 vote is on December 9th.

If Jenna's exit disrupts the schedule, I wonder whether a 40-day schedule was originally planned for, or if the accelerated TC's were originally planned to start one Ep earlier.

ETA: KB, sorry to be anal , but your headings were confusing me, I believe they should read:

THREE TRIBES (Day 1-9)
TWO TRIBES (Day 10/11-21)
ONE TRIBE (Day 22-34)
FINALE (Day 35-37)

01-07-04, 12:28 PM (EST)
23. "RE: TC every day after the merge"
Thanks BR,

I edited the schedule to reflect the changes you suggested...

Krautboy

01-07-04, 02:12 PM (EST)
24. "ACME Calendar"
The ABT Calendar seems to be the most accurate calendar out there right now...based on our discussions.

http://acmebraintrust.com/index.php?page=432

Krautboy

01-07-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: ACME Calendar"
Except that ABT seems to assume that MB would have planned to merge at 15 since there is no way he could have planned Jenna's departure.

If we except that merges and twists are all pre-planned and not contingent on the circumstances of the game while it's happening, the merge date seems unlikely, IMO.

For now, I'm sticking with the Day 13 for the first merge.

01-07-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
26. "RE: ACME Calendar"
Yeah, MB always acts like everything is planned down to the exact second and there is no deviation, but I think he leaves himself plenty of wiggle room.

The merge into 2 tribes -- actually, I think it will be a reshuffling, not a merge -- was probably planned to go down after the 4th boot. Normally that would be Day 13. But if Jenna's departure forced him to move up the next boot, it's very likely he decided to move up the merge as well, so that there would be an even number of people to divvy up into two tribes.

01-07-04, 09:10 PM (EST)
27. "RE: ACME Calendar"
You're right, BR, don't think MB is going to reshuffle/merge/eliminate the Blue tribe with an odd number of people.

OK. I more comfortable with a Day 10 event - not that that really matters much to anyone but me.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-08-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: ACME Calendar"
I think MB would do just that to see if the tribe 1 person short could do a comeback - more than anything I think MB likes comebacks IMHO

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Quick thought on episode numbers"
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-04 AT 05:27 PM (EST)

I don't think this will be a 14-episode series, as Pearl Islands was -- because the sweeps are too important.

I don't know how many episodes there will be of SAS -- but I'll bet MB wanted to make enough episodes to have the show air into May sweeps. If the show premieres on Feb 1 and shows Episode 2 on Feb 5, then it will have four episodes during February sweeps -- which should be optimal -- but the first episode during May sweeps would be a Thursday Ep. 14 (which will fall on the first day on May sweeps). Thus, somehow Burnett needs to squeeze 16 episodes out of this show, to get three episodes into May sweeps --- but a straight one-boot-per-show formula (including Jenna M. leaving as a boot) to the final four would get him only 15 episodes.

Options: (1) Survivor takes a week off during March Madness. But MB doesn't like that; it breaks the momentum. (2) Survivor airs a recap. Ditto. (3) Burnett runs some kind of twist that ends a show without a boot. Ditto. (4) Burnett does something else that I haven't considered here, such as finish with a final three (as in S2). Possible -- except how does he keep the final three from being as boring as it was in S2?

Anyway, I just wanted to share these thoughts, because I'm certain that Mark Burnett knew exactly how many episodes would be required to meet CBS's sweeps-related "expectations" for SAS.

Edited to add airdate schedule, with no breaks:

Ep. 1 (2/1); Ep. 2 (2/5); Ep. 3 (2/12); Ep. 4 (2/19) (these four episodes are in Feb. sweeps); Ep. 5 (2/26); Ep. 6 (3/4); Ep. 7 (3/11); Ep. 8 (Wed., 3/17); Ep. 9 (Wed., 3/24); Ep. 10 (4/1); Ep. 11 (4/8); Ep. 12 (4/15); Ep. 13 (4/22); Ep. 14 (4/29) (first night of May sweeps); Ep. 15 (5/5); Ep. 16 (Sun., 5/8?).

01-09-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Quick thought on episode numbers"
He could always do a couple of 2-parters like they did for the return of the ghosts. I could see the first merge from 3 tribes to 2 being stretched out into two episodes easily.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-09-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Quick thought on episode numbers"
The last time they premiered after the super bowl didnt they do a repeat episode on Thursday? - not sure but think this would be a huge mistake

01-09-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Quick thought on episode numbers"
It would be okay if they do like they have done for some other shows and show the opening show again, followed immediately by a new episode.

Griffe 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-10-04, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Griffe Click to send private message to Griffe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Update from Snewser"
Snewser posted this link from RNO at Sucks that provides a summary of the Jan. 17 issue of TV Guide with respect to an article on Survivor:

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article3958.art&page=1

The SNN information was correct for the players, the tribe make up and tribe names:

Chapera Tribe
Alicia
Amber
Rob Cesternino
Rob Mariano
Susan
Tom

Saboga Tribe
Ethan
Jenna Lewis
Jerri
Rudy
Rupert
Tina

Mogo Mogo Tribe
Colby
Jenna Morasca
Kathy
Lex
Richard
Shii Ann

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-04, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Update from Snewser"
I will add the rest of the article, with some highlighted passages.

As you can see, we have an interesting mix. Chapera has no winners among its members, while Saboga and Mogo Mogo have two. However, the battle of the Robs that is certain to ensue in Chapera may more than make up for it as brilliant plotter Rob Cesternino goes up against the blunt force of the Robfather. What will the Saboga tribe be like as Jerri meets up with her old nemesis, Tina? In the Mogo Mogo tribe, will Lex get a gut feeling that maybe Rich is Hatching an alliance?

One of the challenges, probably the first, will be an improved version of 'Quest for Fire', the very first challenge ever in Survivor. And some other challenges will also be reminiscent of those we have seen before, but with new twists.

Other information in the article includes that Chapera goes into Day 3 without fire, but Sue has been drinking the water and eating raw crabs anyway, will she get sick? Rob Cesternino hired a personal trainer to get in shape for two months before the game. Kathy used a corporate therapist (whatever that is) to come up with personality profiles of other contestants, this helped her figure out that she's not going to get along with the younger women.

The article also provides us with a few choice quotes. Rudy notes, "I'm gonna keep doing this until I win.?
**Doesn't sound to goood for the Rudster.** Rupert says that Survivor: Pearl Islands "empowered me with so much self-confidence, I gotta come back".

A few of the people missing are a bit surprising. Vecepia and Brian, winners of the Marquesas and Thailand versions, were simply not interesting enough to bring back, according to the article. And Colleen and Elisabeth couldn't be convinced, although Mark Burnett tried. How hard did he try? Well, the early prize money has been increased such that the first person voted out will get $25,000, ten times the original amount. However, despite what Burnett implied in originally announcing the All-Stars version, the winner will still get $1,000,000.

The photos don't tell us a whole lot since we also know the tribal makeups. However, it does show us one thing, Rich is going naked again. This time, though, it's apparently during a challenge so everybody can see it all, not just his tribemates. He must be trying to outdo the Morgan tribe from last season.

Seems like Kathy's strategy will leave the younger girls, Shii-Ann and Jenna6, praying that the guys will somehow need them.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Update from Snewser"

>Kathy used a corporate therapist
>(whatever that is) to come
>up with personality profiles of
>other contestants, this helped her
>figure out that she's not
>going to get along with
>the younger women.

you know what's weird, i would assume personally that Kathy would TRY to use that to get with the younger girls and put more effort with them to make sure they get along...she may know that men (old/young wateva) get along with her more so she can concentrate a tad less...

Assuming Colby (like with Tina and Lex with Kim J bonds with Kathy)...Richard would def like to use Kathy so i see her in a great position to start off with, Jenna, not so much

01-10-04, 07:15 PM (EST)
41. "Red Tribe does not win IC."
>One of the challenges, probably the
>first, will be an improved
>version of 'Quest for Fire',
>the very first challenge ever
>in Survivor
. And some other
>challenges will also be reminiscent
>of those we have seen
>before, but with new twists.
>
>
>Other information in the article includes
>that Chapera goes into Day
>3 without fire, but Sue
>has been drinking the water
>and eating raw crabs anyway,
>will she get sick

If the EP1 Challenge is "Quest for Fire" and "Chapera goes into Day 3 without fire..." we can conclude that Chapera (the Red Tribe) does not win the first IC/RC. They may come in second, but they should be considered for the first trip to tribal council. Either The Blue Tribe or Green tribe wins the first IC...as most everyone here has speculated right along.

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •