The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Wedding...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-03, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Wedding...."
Is anyone else feeling absolutely nauseous? I know I am! Why do we care about this? This is so ridiculous! Oh- they're back from commercial! Gotta Go!! LOL

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Wedding.... kelli_blue 12-10-03 1
 RE: The Wedding.... Chrissy gal 12-10-03 2
 RE: The Wedding.... Carybobski 12-10-03 3
   RE: The Wedding.... SilverStar 12-10-03 4
       RE: The Wedding.... Carybobski 12-10-03 6
       RE: The Wedding.... ohiomobprincess 12-11-03 31
   RE: The Wedding.... All4RTV 12-10-03 5
       RE: The Wedding.... SilverStar 12-10-03 7
       RE: The Wedding.... skmiranda 12-12-03 45
   RE: The Wedding.... Carybobski 12-12-03 49
 RE: The Wedding.... NorthShoreJane 12-10-03 8
   RE: The Wedding.... Carybobski 12-11-03 9
       RE: The Wedding.... SilverStar 12-11-03 10
       RE: The Wedding.... delilahj 12-11-03 11
           RE: The Wedding.... triednottowatch 12-11-03 29
   RE: The Wedding.... KScott 12-11-03 17
       RE: The Wedding.... triednottowatch 12-11-03 27
 RE: The Wedding.... Chrissy gal 12-11-03 12
   RE: The Wedding.... dajaki 12-11-03 36
       RE: The Wedding.... jes_dc 12-11-03 38
   RE: The Wedding.... reality_gal 12-12-03 51
 RE: The Wedding.... ryan_from_canada 12-11-03 13
 RE: The Wedding.... smiley 12-11-03 14
   RE: The Wedding.... Aussiemama 12-11-03 16
   RE: The Wedding.... lionsroar 12-11-03 19
 RE: The Wedding.... SilverStar 12-11-03 15
   RE: The Wedding.... reality_gal 12-13-03 52
 RE: The Wedding.... lionsroar 12-11-03 18
   RE: The Wedding.... Chrissy gal 12-11-03 22
   RE: The Wedding.... jes_dc 12-11-03 30
 RE: The Wedding.... littlemisssmartypants 12-11-03 20
   RE: The Wedding.... KScott 12-11-03 21
       RE: The Wedding.... Chrissy gal 12-11-03 23
           RE: The Wedding.... littlemisssmartypants 12-11-03 25
   RE: The Wedding.... SilverStar 12-11-03 24
   RE: The Wedding.... dajaki 12-11-03 37
       RE: The Wedding.... littlemisssmartypants 12-12-03 47
 RE: The Wedding.... samboohoo 12-11-03 26
   RE: The Wedding.... buckeyegirl 12-11-03 28
 RE: The Wedding.... rilond 12-11-03 32
   RE: The Wedding.... Alexia 12-11-03 40
       RE: The Wedding.... realitycoholic 12-11-03 44
 RE: The Wedding.... tig_ger 12-11-03 33
   Way to much LeftPinky 12-13-03 56
 RE: The Wedding.... ValleyGirl 12-11-03 34
 RE: The Wedding.... munson 12-11-03 35
 RE: The Wedding.... Siren 12-11-03 39
   RE: The Wedding.... Chrissy gal 12-11-03 41
   RE: The Wedding.... mellow1 12-11-03 42
       RE: The Wedding.... Chrissy gal 12-11-03 43
       RE: The Wedding.... reality_gal 12-13-03 53
 RE: The Wedding.... redheaded_sweetheart 12-12-03 46
   RE: The Wedding.... reality_gal 12-12-03 50
 You people crack me up! Siren 12-12-03 48
 The Flowers Chrissy gal 12-13-03 54
 RE: The Wedding.... SilverStar 12-13-03 55
 The wedding summary will be up soon buckeyegirl 12-13-03 57

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-10-03, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Wedding...."
You sound just like me! I tell myself to run each time a commercial comes on, yet I'm still here WATCHING!!

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Wedding...."
I'm feeling in the pink right now! We still have to wait 1 hour for the show to start on the West Coast!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Carybobski 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-10-03, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carybobski Click to send private message to Carybobski Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Wedding...."
Who would think I could find fault with a wedding that cost almost 4 million dollars? Trista looked beautiful. The best she's ever looked. But...that diamond necklace. It was too large. Instead of enhancing, it detracted. A piece of jewelry shouldn't be the first thing you notice. Her dress was beautiful but...the shoes. I know, I know they were made of diamonds and one-of-a-kind but the heels were too high for her to negotiate those steps easily and she just looked awkward descending them. Also, with heels that high, have you noticed you are pitched a bit forward and your steps are much shorter than normal? Well, Trista had the same problem and so even her walk down the aisle wasn't graceful. The chairs with the shadings of pink graduating from very light to hot pink was ugly. The preacher was irritating and hammy. The whole deal with the sand looked dumb. I thought they were about to do a chemistry experiment. Trista loved those helicopters. What was the point in that? It's not like this was some secret wedding and no photographs were going to be sold to magazines. I almost think the helicopters were part of the 4 million dollar budget. They focused on them enough. So, I've had my little rant. I wish them well but can't help think of better ways to spend all that money. I wouldn't have missed it for anything, though!

12-10-03, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Wedding...."
You know, I actually thought that the chairs looked really cool, but they would've looked better without that last color- it was just too bright. And I also thought the sand thing was neat, I have never heard of that before. Of course I also haven't attended a wedding in about 4 years! I agree with you on the necklace, it was the first thing I noticed. And I kept hoping that she would fall down the stairs in those shoes, now that would've been priceless!!!

12-10-03, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carybobski Click to send private message to Carybobski Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Wedding...."
The whole shades of pink for the chairs was borrowed (I'm guessing) from Gwen Stefani's wedding gown. Her gown was beautiful. White with shades of pink (thankfully minus the hideous hot pink Trista used for her chairs) around the bottom of her gown.

She was worried about tripping down those steps. That really would have been entertaining.

ohiomobprincess 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-11-03, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohiomobprincess Click to send private message to ohiomobprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: The Wedding...."

>And I kept hoping that
>she would fall down the
>stairs in those shoes, now
>that would've been priceless!!!
Even if she did trip, they would have just filmed her walking down the stairs again. No way "Queen Trista", would have allowed that to be shown.

I agree with everyone about the diamond necklace, way too much. I also thought her hair would have looked better down.

All4RTV 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail All4RTV Click to send private message to All4RTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Wedding...."
That wedding was horrible!!!! Ryans pants didnt fit. He looks like such a dork... Tristas dress was too big.. and that thing was 25 grand what a waste. her hair was ugly... she doesnt look good with bangs.. The bridemaids dresses didnt match or their flowers. I just think that looks stupid. The sand thing was cheesy!!!!!! The chairs hidious!!! Trista seemed more excited about the helicptors than Ryan... I've seen better weddings on TLC's a Wedding Story.. heck my wedding was much better than this and it only costed 10 grand if that. She looked like she was was going to flip a lid when Ryan told her he had a surprise for her... It was just bad bad cheesy and tasteless. And I didnt watch the whole thing. I jumped around and caught glipmses... And what the wedding was 10 minutes long and coverage of the reception what another maybe 5 minutes... This network really wasted their time and money with this... I cant wait to watch all the TV shows tomorrow and see who agrees with me.Okay one other thing... Who paid for the bridemaids presents b4 the spa.. I mean they did not put any money into this... and I think that is tacky to give them gifts you dont even pay for...

12-10-03, 11:49 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Wedding...."
OMH! I totally forgot about Ryan's pants! That was hilarious! He kept hitching them up, I especially loved it when he did it right before he started to walk down the aisle. You would think with a 4 million dollar wedding they could have afforded a decent tailor! I also thought it was funny at the end when they showed them feeding the cake to each other. They had said earlier that Ryan loves chocolat and Trista loves white, so what did Trista feed Ryan? White cake, of course!! Couldn't they cut him a piece of chocolate or something? Everything is all about her. I feel so sorry for him, he does seem like a real nice and sweet guy, and now he's trapped with that she-monster! Who is doing this summary? I can't wait to read it!!

skmiranda 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skmiranda Click to send private message to skmiranda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: The Wedding...."
>That wedding was horrible!!!!

This wedding was the height of tackiness. Starting with that loooooooong struggle that Trista had coming down those steps and then her squealing excitement over the helicopters circling overhead. And above all, who picked that awful music? It was strident and very annoying. Surely they might have had better advice regarding the music. When it got to the part of the vows, I had to turn it off. It was just too sickening (I'm sorry now that I didn't watch, tho, since it might have been amusing). All in all, for what this wedding cost, it could have been a lot more tastefully done.

12-12-03, 04:09 PM (EST)
49. "RE: The Wedding...."
In addition to my original rant...I need to add (I need to!) did anyone else notice when Ryan came through the door with his father (just before he hiked up his pants) that he was off-balance? I was wondering if we were going to have a drunken groom. Hey, I wouldn't have blamed him.

Someone already mentioned and I agree, Trista's bouquet was too large and she did seem testy with her father because he went to take her arm rather than offer her his. Then she laughs it off because she must have known she came off harsh. I'll bet she had a smart mouth when she was a teen.

Everybody loved the baby in the little fire truck. Except me. Why even have the little flower girls? It totally took any focus off of them. They should have just sent him down the aisle with a gas motor in that truck and done away with the little girls. The kid that was pulling it was struggling. But I have to say, she did a better job than the guy that took the reigns from her...he almost tipped the baby over! Ha!

What in the world was Trista's mother wearing? Dear God. Somebody should have helped this woman. Is she a large woman? I mean, is she fat? Because seriously, I can't tell. Did she just have an ill-fitting gown on or is her head way too small for her body? Get rid of those glasses! Take a small bit of your money, Trista, and pay for your mom to have laser surgery.
And while I'm thinking of it...how cozy is that threesome...Trista's mom, dad, and step-mom, anyway?

Then when the smarmy service was finally over ("I marry you", oh brother) Trista leaps into Ryan's arms for the kiss and I almost hurled!

The poem put to music was bad. They looked like junior high-schoolers dancing. Not their fault, nobody could dance to that.

There was one good thing about it all. Minimal Porcine Blob.

Will Trista even know how to act on her honeymoon without the camera's there recording every breath she takes? Can the Betty Ford Center detox a DAW?

NorthShoreJane 47 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthShoreJane Click to send private message to NorthShoreJane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Wedding...."
Okay... I thought the "event" was utterly sickening...yet I did watch (on Tivo, thank God!). I did love when Ryan's dad commented at the Rehearsal Dinner before the video montage, "...brought to you by our sponsors...". Nice dig, Mr. Sutter. I would have preferred skipping the hour pre-game show and having an hour at the reception to watch people "hooking-up" and making fools of themselves.

Also, what was Chris Harrison doing? Did we really need a play-by-play on who is coming down the aisle? Also, how embarassing for the "reporters" with Ryan (Charlie) and with Trista (forgot her name) constantly checking-in for status reports.

Maybe the reception footage was reserved for an encore presentation---God forbid!

12-11-03, 00:16 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Wedding...."
Right! How cheesy was Charlie? "Back to you, Chris." So lame. You're also right about the blow-by-blow of every moment. It was so...Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Commentaryish.

And I remember during the Bachelorette when Trista was deciding between Ryan or Charlie she said that she was more physically attracted to Charlie. I'll bet Ryan remembers that, too. How nice of the network to foot this wedding for them...and that allows them to wave Charlie under Ryan's nose.

Did anyone notice how unhappy Estella seemed?

Pig-Bob must have been bummed that Ryan asked Brad Paisley to sing and not him! Hee-hee! I love it!

12-11-03, 00:34 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The Wedding...."
Oh god, I thought for sure that when Ryan said it was a close friend of he and Trista's that was going to sing the song, it was going to be Blob! That would've been the most ear-shattering moment ever, even more so than listening to Trista screech and squeal all night.

delilahj 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-11-03, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail delilahj Click to send private message to delilahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Wedding...."
I thought the majority of the wedding was lovely. I thought Trista and Ryan both looked nice. And I thought they both looked happy.

There was a little too much pink for my taste, but I was expecting that. I thought the boy in the mini fire truck was precious.

I liked both of Trista's dresses. I thought the bouquets of flowers were a little small compared to the amount of roses by the gazebo area but, they were pretty.

I was surprised to see Charlie as a reporter for the wedding. It seemed to make Ryan a little uncomfortable and must have been a little humiliating for Charlie.
I hope Charlie got paid well because he came as the hired help.

I thought Estella, looked a little less than happy at the wedding. When she spoke, she said nice things, but her body language seemed to be saying she was less happy.

The helicopters were a little distracting, but oh well. I would have liked to have seen a little more of the reception.

Overall I thought it was a nice wedding and I hope Trista and Ryan will be happy.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-11-03, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The Wedding...."
Did anyone else notice how noncommital Bob was when one of the talking heads asked him something like "Well, this could be you and Estella getting married pretty soon." His response pretty much tells the tale that they are just together for contractual purposes now.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-11-03, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Wedding...."
>>Also, what was Chris Harrison doing?
> Did we really need
>a play-by-play on who is
>coming down the aisle?
an encore presentation---God forbid!
>

I kept waiting for him to say "And now for the most dramatic wedding ceremony yet"

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The Wedding...."
Well, it WAS certainly the biggest rose ceremony ever.

12-11-03, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Wedding...."
I am so glad Bob didn't get to sing!! Did you see the dress Estella wore to the wedding? It was black and ultra-low-cut, very tacky!

How romantic for Ryan to turn his poem into a song. I always thought he was a boring guy, but for some women romance is really important and Trista got a very romantic man. I hope the romance lasts.

I wanted to see the reception. I wanted to see more of the wedding guests not the stupid Bachelor/Bachelorette plants (what a boring group they are!).

Also, my understanding is that Trista gave her bridesmaids diamond necklaces as well as the cheesy pink robes and purses. I wonder why they didn't show that.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: The Wedding...."
How romantic for Ryan to turn his poem into a song.

Pleeeease tell me it wasn't the Shamu poem!

jes_dc 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jes_dc Click to send private message to jes_dc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: The Wedding...."
>How romantic for Ryan to turn
>his poem into a song.

>
>
>Pleeeease tell me it wasn't the
>Shamu poem!

It was definitely the shamu poem...didn't think I'd recognzie it, but unmistakeable

reality_gal 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-12-03, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reality_gal Click to send private message to reality_gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: The Wedding...."
>Also, my understanding is that Trista
>gave her bridesmaids diamond necklaces
>as well as the cheesy
>pink robes and purses.
>I wonder why they didn't
>show that.
>

abc didn't pay for those that's why.

ryan_from_canada 45 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 05:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ryan_from_canada Click to send private message to ryan_from_canada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Wedding...."
I was nauseous enough that I couldn't even watch the whole thing. It took over an hour just to get to the ceremony, and the whole affair took gaudiness and pretentiousness to an unprecedented level.

Yikes.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-11-03, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Wedding...."
I am so glad I decided not to watch it LOL

Sounds like I didn't miss much (except seeing Charlie of course...did he look good?)

Aussiemama 80 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aussiemama Click to send private message to Aussiemama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Wedding...."
Charlie looked good but I must say that Jamie is HOT! I wish we could of seen more of the reception as well but overall I enjoyed the wedding.

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-11-03, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Wedding...."
Charlie did look good and really has cut down on the hair gel. His hair actually fell to the sides instead of being slicked back. It was hard to get used to

12-11-03, 09:10 AM (EST)
15. "RE: The Wedding...."
I loved Chris Harrison trying to bring oh-so-much drama by whispering everything once the ceremony started. He reminded me of those old Folger's coffee commercials:

Chris (whispering...shhhh!): We've replaced Trista's thousands of long-stemmed, perfect pink roses with hundreds of tacky, plastic carnations, let's listen to her squeam (a squeal, scream combo) as she realizes that her perfect day has been ruined...

12-13-03, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reality_gal Click to send private message to reality_gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: The Wedding...."
>
>
>Chris (whispering...shhhh!): We've replaced
>Trista's thousands of long-stemmed, perfect
>pink roses with hundreds of
>tacky, plastic carnations, let's listen
>to her squeam (a squeal,
>scream combo) as she realizes
>that her perfect day has
>been ruined...

that is sooo good i couldn't have put it better

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-11-03, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Wedding...."
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-03 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

The wedding was so disappointing! I thought the chairs looked gorgeous in white before they put those horrid pink slip covers on them. What the heck was up with the sand????? Was that their version of the unity candle? How new age. I think the minister did a wonderful job with the premarital counseling (dripping with sarcasm). I bet that the family and friends in the audience couldn't even hear their vows with the helicopters flying in so low. Trista looked like she was gonna snap at her dad when he didn't take her arm the way she wanted when the were walking down the isle. I thought Trista was gonna blow a gasket when Ryan said he was changing up their first song. The ONLY redeeming quality to this wedding was Ryans parents and Tristas gowns. What a disappointment.

12-11-03, 09:34 AM (EST)
22. "RE: The Wedding...."
>>I bet that the family and friends in the audience couldn't even hear their vows with the helicopters flying in so low.<<

Some of them said they would have to watch it on TV to see what was said. I couldn't believe how LOUD the helicopters were!

Chrissy gal

jes_dc 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jes_dc Click to send private message to jes_dc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The Wedding...."
Does the fact that she needed two gowns come across as bridezilla to anyone else, or just me? Granted, money was no object, but was she inventing ways to waste money?

My fave "most dramatic wedding ever" moment was when they announced that trista and Ryan had never before seen the contents of the letters each was aboput to read....as if either were likely to contain anything remotely surprising.

Biggest surprise was that Ryan's poems actually made a pretty decent ballad (certainly not worse than anything on Bob's album, I'm sure...althought that's setting a pretty low bar).

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-11-03, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Wedding...."
Long time lurker (2 years) posting for the first time! I'm so excited to join in the fun!

I thought Trista's bangs were very 80's, and not in a Gwen Stefani kind of good way. I can't believe that she needed Louis Licari to do that hair. The dresses and jewels were beautiful, but the pink was way over the top.

I was really disappointed that we didn't get to see any of the drunken wedding festivities. Just imagine....
Chubby Charlie and Ryan Romanceypants in a long-awaited fistfight.....Estella whining to Blob as he makes out with Trista's poor, neglected sister (well, he's kissed pretty much everyone else, hasn't he?).....all the ex-bachelor (ette) types hooking up with each other (do you think they'd give each other roses?).....Chris Harrison referring to absolutely everything as the most dramatic ever: "yumm....this is the most dramatic roast beef dinner ever!"

Most of all, I would have enjoyed the dramatic humbling of all involved as the Chicken dance and Macarena were televised for all to see.

Perhaps there will be a DVD?

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-11-03, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Wedding...."
Don't forget stalker Russ and crybaby Brook, they were there also!

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

12-11-03, 09:38 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The Wedding...."
Do you think Trista and Ryan actually invited these creeps? The amount of airtime the Bachelor/Bachelorette losers got was strange. I'm beginning to think that besides the grandparents and the B/B losers the rest of the people in attendance were extras hired by ABC to fill the seats, because we didn't see their faces at all!

Chrissy gal

12-11-03, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Wedding...."
I hope they made another video of the event with a regular wedding videographer. I can't imagine that, 20 years down the road, Trista, Ryan, the kids, and the grandparents will all be sitting down to watch the version we saw last night.
"Where were you, grandma?"
"I was on just a second ago, while you were blinking."
"Who's that scary man staring at mommy?"
"That's a man who used to stalk me when I was dating 25 men."

12-11-03, 09:45 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The Wedding...."
LOL misssmartypants, I can just imagine- every toast is the most dramatic one ever!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: The Wedding...."
LOL! Littlemiss, you're too funny! What took you so long to join the fun? We hope to see you around at all the other forums!

12-12-03, 09:45 AM (EST)
47. "RE: The Wedding...."
>LOL! Littlemiss, you're too funny!
> What took you so
>long to join the fun?
> We hope to see
>you around at all the
>other forums!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've always loved reading the boards, but I guess I was too shy. But don't worry....I watch A LOT of reality tv, so I'm sure I'll have plenty to say. Especially now that Meredith is the new bachelorette -- love her!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Wedding...."
If Chris said "wedding of the decade" one more time, I thought I would scream.

Everyone has said most of what I would say. I can't wait for the summary either. The whole thing was open for bashing.

Also, did you guys notice Shannon and Russ sitting together. If that's not just two psycho peas in a pod.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: The Wedding...."
"wedding of the decade" one more time, I thought I would scream."-I did scream a couple of times.
-This line made me want to scream even more: "they were meant to be together."

Did any of you catch GMA this morning? They had someone on from Martha Stewart's Wedding magazine and a psychologist. You know you have gone over the top when some one from Martha Stewart says it. Both of them also said: Way to much pink! Couldn't agree more!

A J-Slice Holiday Creation

rilond 64 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rilond Click to send private message to rilond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: The Wedding...."
I was not too crazy about watching it but I wanted to see your shoes for $25,000. Anyway I fell asleep when I woke up my husband said that he watched 10-minutes of the wedding and turned away.

I'm just glad all this stuff is over with.

Alexia 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alexia Click to send private message to Alexia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: The Wedding...."
$25,000 for diamond-studded shoes??!! We couldn't even see them below her gown! What a rip-off. Also Trista kept blocking the view of her gown by her bouquet. One of the reasons I watched was to see her IN her wedding dress. Someone should have told her that when you (or ABC) spend thousands on a wedding gown, you need to hold your flowers lower. At least that's what our photographer told me at our wedding, (and my wedding dress cost a fraction of hers.) One last thing, I love pink too, but all the different shades of pink on the chairs made me want to puke. It would have been much better if the chairs were covered in white.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Alexia

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: The Wedding...."
$25,000?? Try $1,000,000!!! That's what Stuart Weisman said about them although I failed to see why--if I were Trista, I'd rather have a very nice tiara for that amount as it was the only thing she didn't stereotypically wear, do, or express an interest in!

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-11-03, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The Wedding...."
Raise your hand if you thought that the entire Sutter family, including and especially mom, had the same hair style.

Raise your hand if you remembered any of the former Bachelorette's from the first Bachelor aside from Trista and Shannon. Who was Amy anyway? She looks like she's added a few pounds and changed her hair. Thanks, ABC for reminding me of all the scorned women that I forgot.

I did think the Brad Paisley song was really sweet. I liked Trista's dress and veil piece also. That was about it.

Agree with Silverstar on the cake thing. Yeah, if they "compromised" on the cake, why was their first piece vanilla? And then she milks it by saying, "yummy" such that he is forced to agree.

Agree with everyone on the sheer lameness of having Charlie and Steph announce the activity in the bridal suite and the grooms quarters.

Agree with lionsroar on the quality of the premarital counseling. It was almost as bad as the counseling that DH and I were forced to endure.

Agree with littlemisssmartypants on the '80's hair style. Her bangs were really bothering me. I wanted to grab some scissors and interrupt the ceremony to fix the problem.

Samboohoo, the comment you made about Shannon and Russ being two psycho peas in a pod made me laugh out loud. New idea for a reality show. Stick them on a deserted island together.

Like Buckeyegirl, I was screaming at the screen, "enough with the wedding of the decade!"

I thought it ended abruptly and began way too slow. I couldn't watch it real time. Way too much recrapping.

A Kittyloaf Original

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-13-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "Way to much"
recrapping! Absolutely... I taped it and then could run through the crap! I saw all two hours in about 8 minutes!

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-11-03, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: The Wedding...."
Forget everything else, the little boy riding in the toy fire truck stole the show!
Valley Girl
"Ryan, wait til next year, we can renew our vows and do it all over again! ....."

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: The Wedding...."
Can they now just into the sunset, never to be heard from again?

The more I see of Trista, the less I like. Or is that the less I see of Trista, the more I like.

Siren 246 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Siren Click to send private message to Siren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: The Wedding...."
I agree with all of you. It was really nauseating. I thought Trista was okay on The Bachelorette, disliked her when I heard she sold her wedding for $1 million and hated her when I saw the wedding special.

$4 million, not including the trips for their friends? Not one specially made wedding band for Trista but two? The "most expensive wedding shoes ever made"? Puhleeze! Don't you think you could tone it down just a bit and buy Christmas presents for some needy families instead? My wedding was not cheap, but this was ridiculous. What a DAW!

The ceremony was way too long. They exchanged pre-written vows, their own vows and the love poem - that was just too much. I personally thought the sand thing was tacky. Pink sand? Please.

The only good part of that wedding was the cutie in the fire engine. He was adorable!

...Siren
And I wonder how many of the helicopters were paid to be there by ABC?

12-11-03, 07:14 PM (EST)
41. "RE: The Wedding...."
>>And I wonder how many of the helicopters were paid to be there by ABC?<<

I have had a few people ask me that today! I wouldn't put it past ABC to try to make this seem like a bigger event than it really was.

Chrissy gal

mellow1 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mellow1 Click to send private message to mellow1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: The Wedding...."
I completely agree about the 2 wedding bands, the shoes, the pink...way too much. It made me cringe to see how much was spent and just how gross it all turned out. I mean it was nice and all, but in a cheesy-we're-really-trying-to-spend-an-ungodly-amount-of-money way.

Wasn't it a little bit sad to see that during the ceremony Trista constantly watched the schmarmy minister instead of Ryan. And Ryan just kept staring at her. "Trista? hello?...I'm right here, you're marrying me..." I felt sorry for him, I wanted to yank those gross bangs and make her look at him.

12-11-03, 07:40 PM (EST)
43. "RE: The Wedding...."
>>Wasn't it a little bit sad to see that during the ceremony Trista constantly watched the schmarmy minister instead of Ryan. And Ryan just kept staring at her. "Trista? hello?...I'm right here, you're marrying me..."<<

I noticed this too. I would hate to make excuses for Trista, but I thought that maybe the helicopters were so loud she was having a hard time hearing the minister. I understand they were really LOUD!

Chrissy gal

12-13-03, 00:10 AM (EST)
53. "RE: The Wedding...."

>
>Wasn't it a little bit sad
>to see that during the
>ceremony Trista constantly watched the
>schmarmy minister instead of Ryan.
>And Ryan just kept staring
>at her. "Trista? hello?...I'm right
>here, you're marrying me..." I
>felt sorry for him, I
>wanted to yank those gross
>bangs and make her look
>at him.

You know what was sad too was how emotional ryan seemed and Trista was the first dry eyed bride i have seen dunno how else to put it She acted like she was in her first starring role or at a movie premier. Oh wait a min next time she will soon be in a movie i don't put it past her.

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: The Wedding...."
I think there was way too much pre-wedding buildup...we had afterall already had a couple of episodes leading up to the "wedding of the decade" so I wish it had just been the ceremony and the reception show instead of what we got. Someone said it was announced like the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and I totally agree with that analogy.

By the way, I did think the sand thing was way cool.

12-12-03, 11:50 PM (EST)
50. "RE: The Wedding...."
yea that first hour really bugged me. I thought it was useless and i really wanted to go to bed and the hell with it but i liked ryan so much i wanted to see him say his vows lol. Can u believe how they had charlie with a mike doing interviewing it was hilarious damn they really wanted to make it like a sports commentary. What i liked most was the look of their surroundings i must say it was like a fairytale it really came together nicely with the lightings but oh goodness is it me alone or did Trista had a very bad hair day. Couldn't the stylist picked a better hairdo for her? Ryan looked so lovely.

Siren 246 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Siren Click to send private message to Siren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "You people crack me up!"
I just want to say that there are some really great funny comments in this thread. You are all making me laugh out loud with your snarky comments about the wedding travesty. I love it!

Welcome to all the cool new people here from another relatively new person.

...Siren
Thank you. Please resume bashing now.

12-13-03, 00:17 AM (EST)
54. "The Flowers"
Here is something I read in People magazine that I thought was bizarre:

The Flowers: Trista's bouquet was made of rare pale-pink peonies wrapped in white silk and Swarovski crystals. There were also 12 dozen roses with Trista and Ryan's pictures printed on one petal of each rose.

Huh??!!?? A picture of the bride and groom printed on the petal of a rose - 12 dozen times???

Here is something else from People that I thought you guys might like:

The Necklace: Trista wore a loaned $1 million Tacori necklace with 1,000 diamonds but nixed heavy earrings weighed down by 200 diamonds.

You mean she turned down the opportunity to wear even more expensive crap?? Seems impossible!

Chrissy gal

12-13-03, 01:15 AM (EST)
55. "RE: The Wedding...."
I just thought of something else that would've been ultra-funny. I wish that when she jumped into Ryan's arms at the end of the ceremony that he would've ripped the veil off her head (accidentally of course ) and her hideous hair-do would've been ruined! Who knows, it might have even looked better.

SilverStar

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "The wedding summary will be up soon"
Greeneyes and I are having techincal difficulty, but the summary will be up later today or tomorrow morning at the very latest.

A J-Slice Holiday Creation

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •