The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rupert...unfair disadvantage?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-05-03, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rupert...unfair disadvantage?"
Who thinks that Rupert might have a disadvantage going almost directly from Survivor Pearl Islands to ASS? All the other players have had at least a year (most a lot more) to analyze their game strategy, pick apart what went right and what went wrong. Watch the entire season to see how the other players felt about them and said about them in the confessionals, etc. Rupert left for ASS relatively early on in the season and didn't have the chance to watch all the episodes and really figure out all that went on in the game. I'm thinking that he might also not have had the closure or the chance to settle down after his boot and could possibly go into ASS with a major chip on his shoulder and get an early boot. (Which would make me soooo sad!)

I really hope that Rupert makes it far into the game (winning would really make me happy!) But I don't think he really had the chance to see the consequences of his outbursts or his "my tribe, my island" talk. Those things really worked against him more then they helped, but did he understand that before he left? He was the all-time favorite Survivor when he left for ASS and did not see the backlash that came about when he became too arrogant and explosive.

I just hope he learned a lot in the short time he had when the show began to air and he left for ASS.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rupert...unfair disadvantage? Ra_8secs 12-06-03 1
   RE: Rupert...unfair disadvantage? Loree 12-09-03 2
       RE: Rupert...unfair disadvantage? Smooth23 12-10-03 3
 RE: Rupert...unfair disadvantage? SurvivorBlows 01-04-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-06-03, 05:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rupert...unfair disadvantage?"
Good points, Joyful.

I think Rupert has positives and negatives. Rupe's got an equal "viewing" of all the Survivor series, so that's not an issue.

Positive: He's fresh off the game, still in the game. He knows the Pearl Islands. The other All-Stars only know a little bit about him (Sept. and Oct.) whereas he has had the chance (did he take it?) to review all of S1-S6.

Negative: Only a couple of months to beef back up for the starvation diet they go on. "Rookie new guy," disdained by old farts like Richard Hatch.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-09-03, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rupert...unfair disadvantage?"
One disadvantage for Rupert might also be not personally knowing any of the other players. Several of the other players have met and mingled at Survivor parties and appearances. Even if they were not on the same edition, they have since met. Where Rupert was not given that opportunity to have ready made alliances. He will be the outsider.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-10-03, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rupert...unfair disadvantage?"
I don't think it will take long for ruppie to make some friends. Plus if he gets a spear like on S7 I don't see him having a problem with nourishment, did you see him(or anyone else) whine about food while he was there?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-04-04, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rupert...unfair disadvantage?"

BUMPING so that this won't sink to the bottom when moved to the normal Survivor Spoilers forum

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •