The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How will Three Tribes Play Out?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-10-03, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How will Three Tribes Play Out?"
Survivor All Star will apparently start off with a couple new facets before even 1 day of playing:

-- 18 players instead of the usual 16
-- expected 3 tribes of 6

How will this play out? Several possibilities arise:

A. show extended past normal 39 days and 13 episodes. My feeling here is not likely. 39 days is long enough, so can't imagine making them stay longer. A 14th or maybe 15th episode might be a possibility, though, and one twist I wouldn't mind!
B. multiple players voted off at a number of episodes. I think this is probably what will happen, particularly at the beginning. Possibly the first 2 TCs?
C. extra tribal councils (on successive days). Snewser at least seems to think a combination of B and C. As for me, to quote my all time fav Rudy "I dunno"

Other questions that remain:

1) will booted off players return to the game? My gut says yes, in some manner, unfortunately. Hopefully it won't be as rigged as this editions. Although the mere threat of this possibility should really shake things up!
2) will All Star Survivors (aside from Rupert) be aware of the latest twist? I'm sure they will, but still a question.
3) is the cast listed by Snewser et al correct, or is MB just messing with us? In Snewser I trust.
4) who will win? My early vote is split between Tom and Tina. Tom because this'll be easier than Africa, Tina because I thought she played the fairest of all winners thus far, so hasn't made any enemies. Both are likeable, reasonable, but not intimidating threats. Tom loses points for being on the weakest team, IMO.
5) what extra twists do they have in store for them? I'm expecting 2 big surprises -- my guess is a major tribe swap fairly early (since tribes are 6 instead of 8 and get pagonged fairly easily), and maybe alternates instead of 'resurrected' players, like 2 extras (Rupert?) that sit in wait for somebody to slip up.

Here are the projected tribes:
Ethan, Rudy, Rupert, Tina, Jerri, Jenna L (very strong team. Rupert knows the area and will produce fish. Jenna and Ethan are very athletic. Rudy and Tina excellent team players. Jerri is the X factor -- will she help or hurt this team?)
Richard, Colby, Lex, Jenna M, Shii Ann, Kathy (strength and intelligence. Could be serious threat)
Rob C, Rob M, Tom, Alicia, Amber, Sue (I see this team imploding. Amber will sit back quietly, while Sue and Alicia bicker. The Robs will sceme, but the team is not strong enough to survive)

discuss.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Snewser's Calendar Bebo 11-11-03 1
 All bets are off FesterFan1 11-11-03 2
   RE: All bets are off aethelstan 11-11-03 3
   Agree AyaK 11-11-03 4
       RE: Agree Round Robin 11-11-03 8
           OK AyaK 11-11-03 10
               RE: OK Round Robin 11-11-03 12
                   Why wouldn't they? FesterFan1 11-12-03 13
                       RE: Why wouldn't they? munson 11-14-03 18
                           RE: Why wouldn't they? tinybubs 12-01-03 25
                       RE: Why wouldn't they? Round Robin 11-21-03 19
                           RE: Why wouldn't they? Round Robin 11-21-03 20
                               Trying to do the math FesterFan1 12-01-03 24
 Possible Alliances Jims02 11-11-03 5
   RE: Possible Alliances Acawap 11-11-03 6
   RE: Possible Alliances diamond 11-11-03 7
       Yes AyaK 11-11-03 9
           RE: Yes Jims02 11-11-03 11
               RE: Yes frisky 11-12-03 14
   My Thoughts silentJ 11-13-03 15
       RE: My Thoughts pmspml5 11-13-03 16
       RE: My Thoughts munson 11-14-03 17
           RE: My Thoughts bigmonty 11-21-03 21
               RE: My Thoughts silentJ 12-08-03 27
       Tom & Alicia Loree 11-30-03 22
           RE: Tom & Alicia Ra_8secs 11-30-03 23
 How About All In One Tribe? speedyforme 12-08-03 26
 Possible 3-tribe format FesterFan1 12-09-03 28
   RE: Possible 3-tribe format munson 12-23-03 29
 RE: How will Three Tribes Play Out? SurvivorBlows 01-04-04 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-03, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Snewser's Calendar"
http://survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=s8_calendar

Snewser has a calendar posted listing the dates of production and filming. He speculates that for the first two ICs, both losing tribes go to TC. This would take it down to 14 at the end of E2, just like the regular 2-tribe versions.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "All bets are off"
Am I the only one who thinks that MB will really want to shake his ASS?

Consider:
A) We already believe that there will be 3 tribes of 6. This is unprecidented.

B) All of these participants have gone through the game; most of them all the way to the end.

C) They are all familiar with all of the twists.

D) There are pre-existing relationships between a number of the cast members.

E) MB is pressing for the same premiere slot he got for S2; right after the Super Bowl. Remember that S2 had 15 episodes (when you factor in the re-crap), AND ended at least a week before the end of sweeps. Look for at least 15 episodes of this show (and no re-crap), since he's banking on this cast giving the final season of "Friends" a run for its money.

I have no doubt he'll throw everything but the kitchen sink at these guys. I anticipate 2 merges. From 3 down to 2 and from 2 to 1. I also anticipate at least 1 (and probably 2 or 3) 2-part episodes, like this season. Beyond that, who the hell knows?

And I'm a little hesitant to think that we'll be losing 2 cast members per week right off the bat. He's gonna want to keep these guys around as long as possible. It does him no good to have an All-Star lineup, and then lose 4 of them in the first 2 weeks. That defeats the purpose of bringing 18 in the first place, IMO.

Fester

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-11-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: All bets are off"
And I'm a little hesitant to think that we'll be losing 2 cast members per week right off the bat. He's gonna want to keep these guys around as long as possible. It does him no good to have an All-Star lineup, and then lose 4 of them in the first 2 weeks. That defeats the purpose of bringing 18 in the first place, IMO.

Agreed. If anything, there may be no-one voted off the first episode so that everyone can get appropriate face time.

Another quality creation by JSlice

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-03, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Agree"
I couldn't agree more, Fester. Look, the Super Bowl is on Jan. 25th, right? If Ep. 1 runs then, Ep. 2 can run on Jan. 29 -- which is, by the way, the first day of February sweeps.

So -- 2 episodes in January, 4 episodes in February, 4 episodes in March (including 2 Wednesdays), 5 episodes in April (including April 29, the first day of May sweeps) -- that's 15 episodes -- and there are 4 possible days in May for episodes (if a Sunday finale is used) before May sweeps end (on May 26). All told, MB has 19 possible dates.

Here's what I expect: he films 17 episodes, and the show leaves the air during "March Madness," so it never has to move to Wednesday night. Of course, he's never filmed more than 15 episodes before (S2) ... and that included a recap. But so what? This is a one-shot opportunity, head-to-head against the end of Friends. 17 episodes = 15 elimination episodes if we have a "final 4" + 2 "swap" or "twist" episodes.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-11-03, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Agree"
The Super Bowl is February 1st this year. So probably no extra episodes. I think a 2 hour episode involving the LAST three pre-jury boots makes sense, not extra early boots.

11-11-03, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "OK"
In that case, 17 episodes would be enough to keep the show running through March Madness and all the way to the end of May sweeps. But I still think Burnett will do a Final 4, because he didn't like all the filler in the Final 3 in S2, and NBC may try to jiggle the Friends finale (say, a 2-parter of "supersized" 45 minutes each?) to try to dilute the final episodes of All-Star Survivor.

So ... 15 boot episodes (14 single boots and a final 4 finale) plus two "twist" episodes -- either a first episode with no boot plus a single twist, or two twists (swaps or other).

11-11-03, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: OK"
They're not gonna do 17 episodes, not if they do the usual 39 day game. You might see another 2 parter if they have a period in which they have a bunch of ICs and/or TCs at a faster than normal rate to get the game down to 39 days, but no way Jose do they stretch a 39 day game into 17 episodes. I don't know if Burn-it would do it, but it might make some sense to have the Super Bowl Sunday show be a recrap show of all the players' previous Survivors, then begin the game with a 90 minute show on Thursday. As for March Madness, they'll just go to Wednesday like they've always done. Think of having 5 straight days of kick-ass ratings 2 weeks in a row. I think you'll have a 14 or 15 show series, with either a 2 parter or a long show to account for the extra 2 boots, with the whole thing wrapped a week or 2 before Memorial Day. The extra 2 boots are a good place to look for Marko to throw in a twist.

11-12-03, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Why wouldn't they?"
The whole point of ASS is ratings. The whole point of trying to get the post-Super Bowl slot is ratings. Why not stretch this thing out? If you're gonna bring back familiar faces, why wouldn't you want to get them maximum exposure? Especially with 3 tribes in the beginning. Surely there's going to be enough drama to stretch those early episodes out.

By my math, there are 16 slots between Super Bowl Sunday and Sunday, May 9 (which would coincide with the weekend of S6's finale). I would expect them to take advantage of all of those dates.

Does anyone know how the episodes that are moved to Wednesday during March Madness have fared? I don't think MB would want a 3-week gap between episodes if he could help it. So unless the numbers are usually worse than the re-craps, I doubt CBS would skip those weeks.

Fester

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-14-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Why wouldn't they?"
I like many of the thoughts posted her so far, including two merges - probably at 14 and then again at 10. Perhaps a merge at 11 and a nine member jury?

My guess is that they'll have a TC every 2 days after the first one on Day 3 for the first 15 days leaving 11 castaways on Day 16 and viola, back on schedule. And he's added two episodes to the series.

I imagine plenty of drama amongst this group in a 48 hour period, more than enough to fill 44 minutes of airtime each week.

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-01-03, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Why wouldn't they?"
I think your idea of a nine member jury may have some merit.

Most of players in ASS are popular and MB is probably trying to keep them on the show as long as possible, even if it means minimal on-screen time on the jury.

11-21-03, 00:17 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Why wouldn't they?"
I don't remember where I read this, but I read a post by somebody someplace that he had seen a CBS schedule for the ASS, and it is supposedly scheduled for 14 episodes. If I run across the information again I'll repost, with a link if possible. But another thought occurs to me, what if the booted players return again, not to play as in S7, but to act AS A JURY to decide, say, the final 2 boots before a regular 7 player jury begins forming? I didn't much like the outcast twist from S7, but this would be a version of an outcast twist that I would enjoy seeing. Thoughts?

11-21-03, 01:25 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Why wouldn't they?"
Did some fishing both here and on Snewser, and while I didn't originally see it in either place, the relevant dope is both on Snewser and in the "Update" thread here on the S8 forum. It is definitely a 14 episode show. With no recraps or missed weeks, the series would finish on Sunday, 4/25 or Thursday 4/29. My guess that if Sunday is in the sweeps period, MB will put the finale there, if it isn't but Thursday is, he'll run it then. If neither of those dates is in the sweeps period, I could see a missed week or a recrap to get the finale in the sweeps period. But the USA Today stuff definitely says he wants to finish BEFORE the last episode of "Friends", so he's not fighting it for ratings.

12-01-03, 02:58 PM (EST)
24. "Trying to do the math"
A 14 'original' episode season with 18 contestants means one of two things: a finale with the final 5, or at least one double-boot episode where the net loss is 2 players (not to be confused with S7's double-boot followed by a double vote-in). As it stands now, we have 16 contestants and 12 one-boot episodes, reducing the pool to 4, then a 13th 2-hour episode to whittle it from 4 to 1. (The exception being S7 with its two part episode, bringing the total of original episodes to 14.) 13 single-boot episodes would reduce the ASS cast from 18 to 5. This would mean that we'd have to have multiple double-boot episodes to have a repeat of the 'Outcast' twist. I can't imagine MB would want to do that with his precious "All-Stars". But who knows?

A look at the calendar shows that, as you pointed out, 14 episodes beginning on Super Bowl Sunday and continuing every Thursday thereafter would put the finale on April 29. This is the first day of the May Sweeps period. The "Friends" finale is likely to be in the middle to the end of the month (May 13 or 20). S2, which is the best season to use as a comparison, had 15 episodes (14 original and 1 re-crap), and had its finale on Thursday, May 3, 2001.

The article states "the show will air 14 original episodes, up from the usual 13". It doesn't say that there won't be a re-crap. S2's re-crap occurred on Wednesday, March 21, 2001, which was the second week of "March Madness", between original episodes 8 and 9. It makes sense that this will happen again. Why?

Because the article also states that "Survivor will wrap a week or so before the Friends finale in mid-May". If the "Friends" finale is on May 13, it would make sense that the Survivor finale would be Sunday, May 2 or Thursday, May 6. (Probably Sunday, May 2.) The other alternative is that they skip a week. I'd doubt they'd do that. Even a re-crap is likely to get better ratings than whatever else CBS can trot out on a Wednesday in mid-March.

Fester

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-03, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Possible Alliances"
Tribe One:

Ethan
Rudy
Rupert
Tina
Jenna L
Jerri

I see three people here that could easily form an alliance.

Ethan/Tina/Rupert

I could see this happen easily. I could see Tina wanting to allign with Ethan, like Colby before, and Rupert (another strong guy type).

Also, I could see Tina's history Jerri come into play. Although their personalities clash, they MAY still get along.

If Jenna L is much more mellow this time around, I could see her getting along with Ethan well.

Rudy, IMO, is the first boot from the tribe. Which kinda makes me sad, because he got a lousy draw. Jenna L won't allign with him. I don't see Jerri that way either. MAYBE Rupert or Tina, but I dunno.

Tribe Two:

Richard
Colby
Lex
Jenna M
Shii Ann
Kathy

This is the most unpredictable group of the three, IMO. We have a lot of strong personalities here.

Lex/Shii Ann

I dunno. For some reason I think these two could get along. They both play the game somewhat aggressively.

Kathy/Colby

Kathy seems like another of Colby's "Tina"s. I could see these two getting along.

This is tough. I see Richard or Jenna M being the first to go from this tribe. Either,

A. The tribe will fear Richard and dump him, PRONTO. Maybe Lex or Shii Ann would want him around...
B. Jenna M may be alienated early on, as a "young person." Maybe Colby or Kathy or someone will give her a shot.

Tribe Three:

Rob C
Rob M
Tom
Alicia
Amber
Sue

This is a little sticky too. This tribe has much more fiery personalities.

Rob C/M

Rob Cesternino somewhat emulated the earlier Rob. I could see these two being very tight.

Alicia/Sue

Some people think these two will fight. Not neccessarily. I've noticed that sometimes strong people get along. Alicia didn't like Kimmi because she was kinda catty and shallow. Sue didn't like the Pagongs for the same reason. I could see these two form an Angry Chick alliance.

(Or I could see them kill each other too)

That leaves Tom and Amber. I could see Alicia and Sue grab Amber (Sue-Kelly W redux?) or the Robs grabbing Tom.

This tribe is really up in the air.

Right now, I'm going to root for Tribe 1 (Tina, Rupert, Ethan), and then for Tribe 2 (Kathy, Colby, Shii Ann).

JSlice is da bomb

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-11-03, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Possible Alliances"
This is interesting... I agree with Ethan/Tina/Rupert from 1, but not the Rudy vote. Rudy is the most loyal player the game has ever seen. To vote him off would be stupid, IMO. I think he and Rupert will get along well, and Jenna L and Rupert both strike me as hippie-types who may share some views as well. I'd be flat out amazed if Jerri wasn't the first to go.

Tribe 2: Richard and Jenna will be prime targets for sure. Still, I can't help but think Richard is too smart to let himself get ousted so quickly, and will see the danger he's in. His best best is to ally with Colby, Jenna and Kathy, leaving Lex and Shii Ann my choices for early exit.

Tribe 3: I don't see Sue fitting in here. The Robs will join forces and Alicia/Amber know each other and I don't remember any real hostility between them, so they bond, too. Tom will get along with everybody. Sue could be odd-woman out.

Overall, I see tribe 1 as the team to beat, but I have a feeling that the tribes will be merged a couple of times before it's over, so luck of the draw will play a big part.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-11-03, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Possible Alliances"
Jims, you make my head hurt!

Just wanted to add that Ethan and Jenna L. were teammates for the last EcoChallenge. I would peg them for an early alliance.

Nice bling, by the way.

11-11-03, 09:33 PM (EST)
9. "Yes"
I absolutely agree about Ethan and Jenna L. I also expect Rudy to cooperate with them. Then they'll pick up either Rupert, Jerri or Tina (whom I don't expect to get along) -- and they have control of Tribe 1.

I actually don't think that Richard Hatch is in immediate trouble. Yeah, these people are trying to win -- but they also watched Survivor: Pulau Tiga, and they all would love to talk to Richard. Remember, one of the things that these people do is talk ... and talk ... and talk ... while they're on the islands.

We'll see what the challenges are like, but I expect Shii Ann and Dumb Dora (aka Jenna M.) to be gone from Tribe 2 like lightning. It's going to be so important for these tribes to win challenges that the weak links will be gone fast -- and no one can match the strength of Tribe 3 (the Robs, Tom, Alicia and even Amber), so everyone will have to keep men around to be competitive. Tribe 2 has most of the strategists -- but no strategy survives losing challenges.

Let's keep in mind that booting your strongest players has been a losing idea. Ogakor booted Kel and lost 5 straight challenges after that. By contrast, Boran booted its two weakest players (both women) and rallied back from losing four straight challenges to control the game. More recently, look at Drake and Morgan.

The most important thing for each of these tribes will be staying alive. You can't plan for the endgame unless you know you'll be there for the endgame.

Tribe 3 is the least predictable. It's entirely possible for this tribe to win all the physical challenges. But the only solid voting block should be Amber and Alicia (we know that Jerri and Alicia went shopping together in Oz after S2, so it seems likely that Jerri's friend Amber and Alicia were also friendly at the end). Will the others decide to get rid of the S2 players, since there are so many of them? Or will, say, Rob C. (or others) hope to join up with them and get through to the endgame that way?

And then don't forget the possible swaps. If you vote off someone crafty too early (a la Richard), you need to worry about him/her coming back and getting even!

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-03, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Yes"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-03 AT 11:05 PM (EST)

I absolutely agree about Ethan and Jenna L. I also expect Rudy to cooperate with them. Then they'll pick up either Rupert, Jerri or Tina (whom I don't expect to get along) -- and they have control of Tribe 1.

I dunno about this one. I really don't see Rudy cooperating with Jenna L. I think he'd be more prone to allign with the older people. Jenna would drive Rudy crazy. Also, remember, Rudy might be a physical liability.

I still disagree about the Rupert/Tina thing. I can still see Tina being Rupert's All Star "Sandra." I don't see Rupert getting along with Jerri though.

After reading your comments, I'm thinking Tribe Two is going to be most unpredictable. We have a lot of schemers. I'm not discounting Shii Ann yet. She's a schemer. Remember her dislike for Sook Jai. Did ANY of them resemble Richard or Lex? I see Jenna being booted first.

Also, just because he's Richard Hatch might get him booted first, ya know. Did you see the Weakest Link? Even though he was the strongest link in the first round, they unanimously voted him out. Some people like bringing people down to earth.

Tribe 3 is the least predictable. It's entirely possible for this tribe to win all the physical challenges. But the only solid voting block should be Amber and Alicia (we know that Jerri and Alicia went shopping together in Oz after S2, so it seems likely that Jerri's friend Amber and Alicia were also friendly at the end). Will the others decide to get rid of the S2 players, since there are so many of them? Or will, say, Rob C. (or others) hope to join up with them and get through to the endgame that way?

Actually, I could see Rob C latching onto a female alliance, a la S6. I'm still trying to determine how Susan and Alicia will mingle. The both seem like "no nonsense" women.

JSlice is da bomb

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Yes"
>I'm still trying to determine how Susan and Alicia will mingle. The both seem like "no nonsense" women.

And they both spent the night in the Big Brother house during BB2 along with Gervase and Jeff, so they aren't total strangers. IIRC, they got along quite well.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-13-03, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "My Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-03 AT 00:54 AM (EST)

I've posted my thoughts elsewhere, but once more couldn't hurt. Here's my predicted boot order based on passed voting performance and a breif explination. These are only valid up to a merge/swap as the dynamics change too much to predict. I also only give 4 boots, as that the most that can happen before a merge of some sort.

Tribe One:
Ethan
Rudy
Rupert
Tina
Jenna L
Jerri

Predicted boot order: Jerri, Jenna, Rudy, Ethan

Jerri has no friends here and at least one known enemy. She also comes across exactly like Stacy, and we know Rudy's feelings on Stacy. That 2-0 before they get to the island (or Isthmus in this case,(Panama is an Isthmus right?)) Rupert is strong, hard working and caring, just like Colby. Tina will latch on to him too. Ethan and Jenna have a pre-established relationship which could hinder more than help them at first. Tina and Rudy my start out as friends, but we know how she treats friends that are liabilities (ask Kel or Mad Dog) and he'll be seen as weak if they go to TC early. Jenna/Rudy is a close call, but I'm going with Jenna since Tina will want to avoid a 2-2 tie next time.

Tribe Two:

Richard
Colby
Lex
Jenna M
Shii Ann
Kathy

Predicted boot order: Colby, Kathy, Jenna, Shii Ann

This will be the last tribe to visit TC thanks to Colby, and he'll be shown the door for his trouble. Richard, Lex, Jenna, and Shii Ann are all schemers and they know Colby is a force in Individual Challenges, they WON'T let him get there. Kathy is the other odd man out, I don't see her honesty winning any friends with this lot. After that it's a matter of who will stroke Rich and Lex's egos, my money's on Shii Ann.

Tribe Three:

Rob C
Rob M
Tom
Alicia
Amber
Sue

Predicted boot order Amber,a Rob, the other Rob, Sue

This is the hardest one to predict, there are 6 distict personalities, no obvious ties. Sue and Tom might connect on a redneck level, Rob C and Sue on a Schemer level, Alicia and Amber might be friends or enemies, Rob M might pick up Amber as his new partener in stupidity. I'm guessing Amber is only there because a sweet girls next door type is required on all edition and the actually popular ones turned it down (Colleen, Elizibeth and Neelah are all on record as saying they'd never do it again), plus Jerri needed at least one friend out there. I'm betting the Robs go after her first as not belonging here, Alicia gets payback, and Sue votes how she's told. Then, the Robs are eliminated because they're not trust worthy to TOm and Alicia. Sue votes 3 times as she's told, then she's told to leave.

I doubt these will go this deep. I expect a swap in episode 4 to even the teams 3 0f 5 each, then a merge to 2 tribes at 7 apiece, another swap at 12. then a merge at nine.

just my 2 cents, anyone got change for a nickle?

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-13-03, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: My Thoughts"
Just a snipit that snewsers has posted that the first tribal council in all star is only one tribe

11-14-03, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: My Thoughts"
This group will not let Rudy merge with Rich and Sue still in the game. Sure, Rudy is loyal but who will he be loyal to? And Jenna doesn't like him anyway.

Rudy is very vulnerable unless MB decides to work his evil magic. Again.

bigmonty 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bigmonty Click to send private message to bigmonty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: My Thoughts"
Tribe 2 with Richard, Colby,and Lex and Shii-Ann,Jenna M. and Kathy will be the weakest physically,if MB has strong physical challenges such as he brought back in the Pearl Islands,after easier challenges in Thailand and the Amazon.In early physical challenges it is often the women who give a tribe an advantage or handicap against the other tribe,and Shii Ann sat out just about every physical challenge in Thailand,Kathy is in her forties and Jenna M.never faced these kind of challenges in the Amazon,but has a well earned reputation for being lazy.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-08-03, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: My Thoughts"
I'm going to have to disagree here.

The Pearl Islands were more physically demanding, but focused on 1-3 people. Remeber the "tribe" challenge of Rupert vs. The Quiter and then the poles? It's not a strong team that's needed, but a few good men. Lex and Colby are the strongest guys out there and I'd take Rich in over Rudy or a Rob. Kathy's a good swimmer and food provider.

I think team C with the Robs is weakest with Alicia being one of their strongest players phisically. That's another reason I see Amber as an early boot.

That all said. I don't think strength will be a factor in voting. These are all players. Who you are and how you vote will determine boot order more than anything. Even with more demanding challenges. I think this time we'll see good players leaving before the physical threats, since a "physical threat" have never won (as Colby and Lex will tell you).

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-03, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Tom & Alicia"
I don't know but I just can't see Tom and Alicia getting along. Tom always seemed a bit of a bigot to me against both blacks and women. So a strong black woman like Alicia may not get along well with Tom.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-30-03, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Tom & Alicia"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-03 AT 01:45 PM (EST)

Loree,

I didn't really see that "bigotry" in Tom. If you're talking about his forgive-not-forget thing about Clarence eating the beans, it seems you're making a stretch for that point.

A thing we haven't mentioned much as we prognosticate on the three tribal dynamics is that the Survivors' behavior and interactions are likely to be significantly different now than they were when they were on their shows. They've learned from the simple experience, and by watching all of the first 6 series and part of Survivor 7. That said, each of them probably won't stray too far from their basic personality.

So, basically, don't forget to consider experience and education when predicting the ASS' interactions.

-- Ra, as fast as light

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-08-03, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "How About All In One Tribe?"
I was thinking that there might start out with 18 people in ONE tribe? why not? everyone gets to know everybody...

then at 15 people, they can split up into 3 tribes

then at 12 people they can split up into 2 tribes

then at 9 people they can merge into 1 tribe of all jury members

unless there are places that indicate that they start out in tribes...

12-09-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
28. "Possible 3-tribe format"
I've worked out a potential schedule for S8 based on the limitations we've been given (39 days, 18 players, and 14 original episodes). It features 2 merges (from 3 to 2 and from 2 to 1), 3 "2-day" episodes, and one "double-elimination" episode.

Episode 1: Days 1-3. Tribes marooned, camps set up. IC on Day 3. 1st and 2nd place tribes avoid TC. 3rd place tribe goes to TC. 17 remain.

Episode 2: Days 4-5. Combo RC/IC on Day 5. Winner gets reward. 2nd place avoids TC. 3rd place goes to TC. 16 remain.

Episode 3: Days 6-7. Combo RC/IC on Day 7. Winner gets reward. 2nd place avoids TC. 3rd place goes to TC. 15 remain.

Episode 4: Days 8-9. IC on Day 9. 1st place avoids TC. 2nd and 3rd place tribes both go to TC. 13 remain.

Episode 5: Days 10-12. Merge from 3 tribes to 2 on Day 10 (one tribe of 7 and one of 6, probably randomly assigned--I know it's not symmetrical, but this is the latest you could have a merge based on the potential of one tribe losing every IC.). RC on Day 11? IC on Day 12. Loser goes to TC. 12 remain.

Episode 6: Days 13-15. RC on Day 14. IC on Day 15. Loser goes to TC. 11 remain.

Episode 7: Days 16-18. RC on Day 17. IC on Day 18. Loser goes to TC. 10 remain.

Episode 8: Days 19-21. (Possible Merge Episode) RC on Day 20. IC on Day 21. Loser goes to TC. 9 remain.

Episode 9: Days 22-24. Merge on Day 22 (if not on Day 19). IC on Day 24. 8 remain (bootees from this episode forward on jury)

Episode 10: Days 25-27. RC on Day 26. IC on Day 27. 7 remain.

Episode 11: Days 28-30. RC on Day 29. IC on Day 30. 6 remain.

Episode 12: Days 31-33. RC on Day 32. IC on Day 33. 5 remain.

Episode 13: Days 34-36. RC on Day 35. IC on Day 36. 4 remain.

Episode 14: Days 37-39. IC on Day 37. 3 remain. IC on Day 38. 2 remain. Final jury TC and vote on Day 39.

Please dissect...

Fester

12-23-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Possible 3-tribe format"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-03 AT 04:25 PM (EST)

Well done, Fester. My intial thougths included the 2 days between TCs as well.

I also like the merge to two tribes at some point early in the game except I think it'll happen at 14, if it happens at all. It seems Wezzie and QuartzEye (saw this tidbit at Fever) visited the locale and were told the location of the three original camps but mention only one merge camp.

Quartzeye and Wezzie were told that the All-Star tribes lived on the islands of Mogo Mogo, Chapera, and Saboga. Partway through the game, the tribes merged at a new location on Isla Saboga.

ETA quote from SF.net

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-04, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: How will Three Tribes Play Out?"

BUMPING so that this won't sink to the bottom when moved to the normal Survivor Spoilers forum

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •