The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Geoff 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-01-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Geoff Click to send private message to Geoff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"
Sorry guys and gals, pointless post about to happen, but I'd just like to express my glee in reference to the fact that it appears as though Amber may be on ASS.

It goes without saying that I'm wildly anticipating the new series, but my one problem with it in the start was that there was no way in the world Darrah or Amber (my 2 fave survivors) were going to be on it. I love Survivor for what it is - good, bad or ugly, but I'm not going to lie. A beautiful girl like Darrah or Amber sure lightens the place up and makes a brilliant show all the more watchable.

So imagine my surprise to find out that Amber is now a likely contender. Amazement! I'd never have guessed in a million years she'd be considered, let alone on it.

And speaking of which, anyone know why she is included? Is it because she's so gorgeous? She was never a key player, an evil being, a manipulator, an obvious liar, a strong survivor . . . just a very beautiful girl playing a game smart enough to get her to a decent position.

That's what I like about Darrah and Amber - both the silent observer types and both got to decent positions in the game without proving themselves spawn of the dark lord. Lovely girls and good on them. Just wish they'd won both times.

On a sad note, I'll be surprised if Amber lasts very long at all out there, but I'd love to see her do so.

And seriously, why do people reckon she's there? Is it actually because she is so gorgeous?

Cheers,

Geoff

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How good is the possibilty of A... bris 01-01-04 1
   RE: How good is the possibilty of A... Geoff 01-01-04 2
       RE: How good is the possibilty of A... PepeLePew13 01-02-04 5
 RE: How good is the possibilty of A... munson 01-02-04 3
 RE: How good is the possibilty of A... 7sins_pride 01-02-04 4
 RE: How good is the possibilty of A... MattyMax 01-02-04 6
 RE: How good is the possibilty of A... SurvivorBlows 01-04-04 7
 RE: How good is the possibilty of A... Fast Eddie 01-05-04 8
 RE: How good is the possibilty of A... true 01-05-04 9
   ASS criteria Fast Eddie 01-05-04 10
       RE: ASS criteria true 01-05-04 11
           RE: ASS criteria Geoff 01-05-04 12
               RE: ASS criteria Brownroach 01-05-04 13
                   RE: ASS criteria Geoff 01-05-04 14
                       RE: ASS criteria Brownroach 01-05-04 15
                           RE: ASS criteria Geoff 01-05-04 16
               RE: ASS criteria PepeLePew13 01-05-04 17
                   RE: ASS criteria Geoff 01-05-04 18
                       RE: ASS criteria JanetSTL 01-05-04 19
                           RE: ASS criteria MattyMax 01-06-04 20
                               RE: ASS criteria tribephyl 01-06-04 21
                           RE: ASS criteria PepeLePew13 01-06-04 22
                               RE: ASS criteria pmspml5 01-06-04 23
                               RE: ASS criteria mistofleas 01-06-04 25
                                   Personally... udg 01-06-04 27
                                   RE: ASS criteria JanetSTL 01-06-04 35
                                       Apology accepted... mistofleas 01-07-04 38
                                           RE: Apology accepted... Krautboy 01-07-04 39
                                               RE: Apology accepted... mistofleas 01-07-04 40
                                                   RE: Apology accepted... PepeLePew13 01-07-04 41
                               RE: ASS criteria JanetSTL 01-06-04 33
                                   RE: ASS criteria PepeLePew13 01-07-04 36
 Whoa! true 01-06-04 24
   RE: Whoa! nailbone 01-06-04 26
       RE: Whoa! PepeLePew13 01-06-04 28
           RE: Whoa! Geoff 01-06-04 29
               RE: Whoa! Bebo 01-06-04 30
                   RE: Whoa! PepeLePew13 01-06-04 31
               RE: Whoa! Brownroach 01-06-04 32
               RE: Whoa! JanetSTL 01-06-04 34
 The reason for Amber... Loree 01-07-04 37
   RE: The reason for Amber... managerr 01-12-04 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-01-04, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"
Um Amber is on the show cause
1. She was not givin a fair chance by Keith and Tina in Outback
2. MB is not puttin all ALL STARS he put people who had different strategies
AMber= quiet
ALicia= strong
Shii Ann= idiot
and i dont know whats up with everyone in the spoilers but i think Amber wins. MB said the All star had no tweak to it. MB said if there were two tribes and one tribe went into the merge with 2 people thats the tribes fault and will let it play out so everyone dont count the 9 girls out of the running to win just cause a girl just won. ANd why does everyone thingk AMber will do bad. She was right behind Colby in every physical challenge in Outback so she is not weak assholes calling her weak. she is stronger than Rob C and Sue, and Tom.

01-01-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Geoff Click to send private message to Geoff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"
"Um Amber is on the show cause
1. She was not givin a fair chance by Keith and Tina in Outback"

Ah, yes, well agreed. I thought I might have become too attached to the show when I wanted to destroy Keith and Tina when they got rid of her. I have never been so bitter at Survivors ever in my life. That's why Tina is my most hated winner. The continuous weeping my eyes were home to afterwards didn't help matters either. Poor beautiful girl.

"and i dont know whats up with everyone in the spoilers but i think Amber wins."

Please, no spoilers for me! If you start saying stuff like this it makes me very happy and I'll only shed twice the tears should she leave early :-D

"ANd why does everyone thingk AMber will do bad. She was right behind Colby in every physical challenge in Outback so she is not weak assholes calling her weak. she is stronger than Rob C and Sue, and Tom"

I in no way have or will refer to Amber as weak. I don't think she'll go earlier because she might not be strong. I don't even know if I have a proper reason. It's just a bad feeling I have. I hope more than anyone on the show she doesn't go early, but we'll wait and see. Just let it be known that I know very well she is physically capable. Makes her all the more gorgeous. And she's a lot stronger than many more than just those 3.

Go, my love . . . uh, I mean Amber :-D

Cheers,

Geoff

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-02-04, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"
This thread belongs on Fanatics... no spoilers are welcome on that board. If you don't want any spoilers, then you shouldn't be posting on this board as that's exactly the purpose of this board.

Don't be surprised to see this thread getting moved to Fanatics -- just wanted to give you a heads up so you'll know where it is if it disappears from here.

As for Amber... well, she may have been strong in the challenges, but she pulled off one of the lamest moments in Survivor history by acting like a deer frozen in the headlights when she had a perfect opportunity to take control of the game by pulling the two Kuchas over with her when it was obvious she was out on her own with Colby/Keith/Tina. That, alone, confirmed her mental capability (or lack thereof).

I have no idea why MB brought her back for ASS -- other than maybe Subway pressured him to let her compete so they could sell more meatball subs. OMG (click) I love meatball subs!

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-02-04, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"
MB cast Amber because the other "America's Sweethearts" turned him down, plain and simple.

Liz said no - got The View thing going on.

Colleen said no - working behind the scenes on E!

Personally, I think Amber is going to do OK. I'll be surprised if she doesn't make the jury.

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-02-04, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 7sins_pride Click to send private message to 7sins_pride Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"
thank goodness there is an Amber fan....

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-02-04, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"
Here it is, the reason Lamber was put on this show (or at least my excellent speculation):

Elizabeth Filarsky turned down the gig for medical reasons. This I know, I read it from an interview on Fever when she landed the View Deal. (Elizabeth didn't not go because of the View, that whole process was much later than casting for ASS, and remember, she had to audition for that garbage)

-Quick, we need another Elizabeth, she's sick!
-Amber!
-But Amber sucks!
-Yeah, but she's young and weak and won't screw up our scripted team dynamics! And It's not like anyone remembers Kim P!

And thus the Survivor Gods picked lamber from reality show infamy to give her another chance to annoy the hell out of us once more.

MM

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"

BUMPING so that this won't sink to the bottom when moved to the normal Survivor Spoilers forum

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-04, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"
Amber will do quite well, IMHO, BECAUSE she's a lousy player (or was). These contestants are known quantities. They've all (or mostly) seen each other play, including all the confessional stuff. Think about it. What would you do? Get rid of the best players first. Anyone prepared to vote mindlessly and predictably is a big asset.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How good is the possibilty of Amber being on ASS! And why?"
I hope she's not on ASS. MB must have really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with Amber. Of all the rumored contestants, Amber is the last person I'd think of when assigning "all star" status. Besides a few teenaged boys, and obsessed Survivor fans, I don't think the average viewers could even tell you who she is. I know Mr. true can't, and he's seen every episode.

Obviously, Colleen and Elizabeth must have turned him down. But what about Gretchen? Kelly? Heck, even Granny Jan and Helen have more of a claim to "all star" status than freaking Amber.

Neleh? Kelly G.? Hell, even Lindsey was more memorable. (I won't mention the Scout master, because her presensce might force me to tune out)

If Amber is on ASS, and she probably is, they should call it something completely different than All Star. How about MB's dream cast of alternate losers. All Star, Amber? No way.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-04, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "ASS criteria"
You forget the criteria for "all-star" - from the CBS point of view: RATINGS! Whom will people most want to watch, especially the young demographic? Game skill is irrelevant. They're not after players (which should be obvious from the contestants they keep choosing) or a fair game. They want people to watch. And most people would rather watch Amber than most of the ones you named.

01-05-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: ASS criteria"
Yeah, I know. I still think that Amber sticks out like a sore thumb, among the list of rumored contestants. Ya know the tune...one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong.../end singalong.

01-05-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: ASS criteria"
Well, I must disagree strongly here, as if you can't tell by my original post. But I too have seen EVERY episode of Survivor since the start (bar the 4th season us Aussies missed out on), and I remember Amber much clearer than all other survivors, except for the lovely Darrah. Yeah, of course I recall Rich, Rudy, Colby, Jerri . . . blah, blah - all of them, but no more than I do Amber.

I see no reason at all that Amber should not be here just because she is not as loud and abrupt as many other memorable contestants. We can't all be like that, and the less attention seeking people of the world need a beautiful girl we can sit back and support . . . and the lovely Amber will do just fine for me!

And for the record, I set up the thread on this board when I saw a similar All star thread ended on the Fanatics board - don't worry, I was going to try but presumed it would just get pushed here.

So, I say Go Amber, as deserving as any All Star out there.

Cheers,

Geoff

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-04, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: ASS criteria"
except for the lovely Darrah.

Darrah...Darrah...the name rings a bell, but I can't seem to recall her... which one was she in again?

01-05-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
14. "RE: ASS criteria"
"Darrah...Darrah...the name rings a bell, but I can't seem to recall her... which one was she in again?"

Please, allow me to help you out, my good man. Darrah happens to be the most beautiful survivor yet. The one who won three immunity challenges in a row (looking gorgeous as she did so) and was by far the most deserving of the final four survivors left in the Pearl Islands.

Hope that helps you out buddy :-D

Cheers,

Geoff

01-05-04, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: ASS criteria"
You do know I was joking, right?

Oh and, sorry, but I was very happy with Sandra winning out of that Final 4.

01-05-04, 06:53 PM (EST)
16. "RE: ASS criteria"
No mate, hadn't actually picked that up . . . he jokes :-D

Let's call that one a case of sarcasm backfiring.

Yeah I knew, just strange thing to say if you clearly remember her and her beauty and contribution to the game. Once again, as in the case of Amber - a loud Survivor does not always make a good, or memorable Survivor.

Cheers,

Geoff

01-05-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: ASS criteria"

>and I remember Amber much
>clearer than all other survivors,
>except for the lovely Darrah.

I think you just answered why you think these two are so ideal for All-Stars... they're eye-candy and nothing more. You could go out and buy a calendar with these two on it for all I care, but they're not good Survivor players. If they truly just want eye-candy, why not have a Survivorlayboy edition? Phffft.

True's point was that we should be trying to get GOOD Survivor players on the ASS edition -- the ratings will be guaranteed to be good no matter who they put on the show, so they don't need to sell dumb eye-candy. They already have one in Jerri (although the "eye-candy" part is highly debatable, at least from my perspective).

In regards to Brownroach's sarcasm, I sure had absolutely no trouble whatsoever in picking up on it.

01-05-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
18. "RE: ASS criteria"
"In regards to Brownroach's sarcasm, I sure had absolutely no trouble whatsoever in picking up on it."

I guess I can just put it down to me being new at the board and people not undertanding my 'sense of humour', but I DID GET IT! It appears as though my amazing slice of sarcastic comedy, calmly explaining who Darrah is, was the one that fooled everyone. Sorry for being so hilarious, but I was well aware of Brownroaches sarcasm but was obviously not able to continue where he left off.

And I take all the points that Amber is 'eye candy' and that she may not technically be the best player of the game there has been, but as someone correctly pointed out, at least she does bring a different aspect to the game. I, for one, don't want to see a bunch of identical/similar personalities, and if of that entire bunch I'd most like to see Amber win, I think she has something going for her.

Yeah, she's a beautiful girl, but I still enjoyed watching her regardless of that fact. And I will do so for however long she lasts in the All Stars.

And a Playboy edition of Survivor? Me likes a lot!

Cheers,

Geoff

JanetSTL 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-05-04, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JanetSTL Click to send private message to JanetSTL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: ASS criteria"
"I guess I can just put it down to me being new at the board" yeah Pepe wasn't very nice to me when I was new either...wait a minute Pepe hasn't ever said anything nice to me

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: ASS criteria"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

Pepe can be very nice.... D'ja remember when heard a rumour that chip and reichen didn't win, and I so posted it on the Amazing Race boards (the only time I ever ventured over ther)? and Pepe defended me against all the flamers! (hehe, flamers)

But Geoff. Hmm...

Alright. The Spoiler's crew has a greater overlap with the Bashers kids than the Fanatics. (heh, the last time I ventured over there was Africa when I was trying to get my hands on another survivor lighter)

To the bashers, Amber is Lamber, a loser Ogawhore, Jerri's little lap dog.Go read the summaries, they're all archived, here : http://web.realitytvworld.com/survivorblows.com/episodes.shtml and see what the Group Feeling (to borrow the term from Ibn Khaldun) on Lamber was.

And to the spoilers, we can't forget when she had a chance to redeem herself, final 6, by voting with Elizabeth and Rodger against Keith (who would have lost the previous votes tiebraker) she voted for Rodger, knowing that she didn't have the majority, and that she was getting voted off. She didn't want to break her alliance that she knew was turning against her.
C'mon.

I mean, root for her all you want, but you're not gonna find many with your mindset this side of the boards.

She's gonna have to give quite a performance to win us over.

Also, rational discourse will always triumph on the Spoiler's boards. I mean, look at Krautboy. Don't get personally upset, and don't attack other members. I'll tell you now, you're not gonna win. at least not until you have a few hundred more posts under your belt.

MM

hehe, flamers...

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: ASS criteria"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 06:16 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 06:16 AM (EST)

I finally had to crawl into this thread, practically kicking and scratching, to find out what it was, that all the 20+ posts were about.
Because really, how big a deal is Amber?

Then I come to find out it's turned into a Pepe "bash moment".

Well, I for one go on record as saying that: I am a huge admirer of Pepe. I can guarantee, his thoughts, and "not-so" thoughts, are always meant in a nice way, and he would never, purposely try to hurt someone's feelings.

He's my favorite li'l stinker.

So unless Amber proves to be a "threat", or even on the show.
Let's stop the name calling and start the spoiling.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner
Short, Sweet and Incoherent.

01-06-04, 06:23 AM (EST)
22. "RE: ASS criteria"
>yeah Pepe wasn't very nice to
>me when I was new
>either...wait a minute Pepe hasn't
>ever said anything nice to me

You were rather RUDE to a long-time poster in your first go-around here and I was merely standing up for her in a later post on another thread -- it's highly presumptious of you as a newcomer to tell someone to shut up when she was responding to someone else. And you are talking about ME not being very nice to you? Ha ha ho har haw hee hee, I needed a good laugh.

In case you don't remember, check this out. After that kind of response, why should anybody be nice to you? And no, it does not come across as a "joke." And a followup discussion here. I'm not the only one who feels the same way about your blunt approach.

And if you look up at my first reply to Geoff, I was pretty nice and trying to be helpful in advising that this thread might get moved to Fanatics instead of flaming.

Anyhoo, if you ask some of the folks on a certain other forum here on SB, I think they'll tell you in no uncertain terms that I'm a pretty nice fella and that you're not. This is the Spoilers forum so I'm not out to be Mr. Nice Guy, I'm just trying to spoil the show.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-06-04, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: ASS criteria"
As you can see by my daw rating - I am relatively new to posting - when I did it I was somewhat nervous - but you know what. No one was ever rude to me. Mystofleas and Pepe and a few others pointedout some weeknesses in my theories - which after all is why we came here in the first place right? So anyhoooo Keep on responding to my lame brain theories. (Like Amber wins cause she so under the radar no one even remembers she's there)

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: ASS criteria"
You were rather RUDE to a long-time poster in your first go-around here and I was merely standing up for her in a later post on another thread --

*smooch*

And now... As True says below, until the cast is announced, we get cross over from all the forums and we need to live together in peace and harmony. Lions with lambs you know?

I'm going to see if I can't get us some good fine spoiling material.

--thinks picking on Pepe is poor form since he's always a sweetie even when being the task master

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-06-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Personally..."
I don't think either of you could possibly have been any NICER about any of this!

---
UDG
Is that a new hair cut? You look mah-velous! /stalk

01-06-04, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JanetSTL Click to send private message to JanetSTL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: ASS criteria"
mistofleas,
I don't think I've ever formally apologized to you, so now's as good a time as any: I'M SORRY for telling you to 'shut up' ok? I honestly didn't realize it was such a serious matter and never would've said it if I had read the guidelines beforehand. I didn't mean to offend you in any way. And I definitely didn't mean to cause so much tension and anger between so many people!
So again, I'm sorry. I surrender! Yours and Pepe's verbalizations towards me are too much!! Truce?

01-07-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Apology accepted..."
...except I had let that go long ago, so it really wasn't necessary. Thank you anyway.

Thank you Udg, it is a new haircut and I'm feeling rather sparky today! Don't end the stalk...I love stalking!

--happily spoiling since 2001

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-07-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Apology accepted..."
How about a group hug?! I'll be in the middle! *turning red*

Krautboy

01-07-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Apology accepted..."
How about a group hug?! I'll be in the middle! *turning red*

Krautboy sammich!! Woo Hoo!

--adores her german sweetie

01-07-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Apology accepted..."
As long as there's no sauerkraut involved... I can't stand the smell of it!

01-06-04, 10:35 PM (EST)
33. "RE: ASS criteria"
Look, I'm SORRY ok? Obviously my sense of humor is misunderstood around here AGAIN. I didn't mean to offend you in any way I was only trying to cheer up Geoff in an innocent way....what you and others said to me on my first post really upset me. I didn't understand that saying 'shut up' to someone was a big deal until you pointed out the guidelines above. I agree you had every right to stand up for your friend, I just didn't understand the seriousness of me saying 'shut up'. OK? I felt like I was being attacked and thought it was unfair for all of us to start off on the wrong foot like that. So I'm willing to let bygones-be-bygones if you are....

Oh and you seem like a kitty cat compared to Shakes The Clown (that was a joke ok? my sense of humor understood?)

01-07-04, 07:24 AM (EST)
36. "RE: ASS criteria"
No problem... you singled me out when you said people hadn't been nice to you, so naturally I had to speak out.

It smacks of hypocrisy when you say *I* hadn't been nice to you after all the stuff that happened in your first few posts.

01-06-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
24. "Whoa!"
When I posted my disgust at the thought of Amber being an All Star, I didn't intend for it to cause a fight. Unfortunately, Fanatics, Bashers, and Spoilers need to co-exist on this forum until the cast is announced, since this subject is a spoiler until that time. In an effort to keep the topics neat, I put my thoughts here, on Geoffs Amber thread, instead of starting a new one and clogging up the forum. (Amber of all people doesn't deserve more than one thread..heehee)

I didn't mean to upset you, Geoff. You have every right to *heart* Amber and root for her to be on the show. I just disagree, that's all. Some of my favorite people love Amber, (*waves to Sir and Boner* ) so, it's nothing personal.

We love to disagree here. It keeps our blood flowing. We just insist that it's done in a courteous way.

Welcome to Blows, Geoff!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Whoa!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 01:28 PM (EST)

Big ol' *smoooch*, true.

Geoff, if you think Pepe is bad, you need to stay away from the one with the spinning clown head.

And trust me, don't take it persnally, cuz they're gonna slam Amber just like they did before, and just like they did our beloved Darrah. Personally, I think she's gonna show up as a much better player this time.

And still one of the hottest Survivors ever!!

Sandra, Panama's Sole Survivor
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian
and OT Studmuffin of the Year '03
o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

01-06-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Whoa!"
>you need to stay away from the one with
>the spinning clown head.

I've got plenty of bite in me (I bite my tongue FAR more than leting it loose here) ... but I'm nowhere nearly as close to the clown.

>Personally, I think she's gonna
>show up as a much
>better player this time.

Well, of course! She's got nowhere to go but up!

I do think she'll make a more conscious effort to get involved in the game - she knows what people said about her performance in S2 and she did mention in some interview she wished she had handled some things differently. Plus, she'll be a bit more jaded in life and is a bit older now.

01-06-04, 04:58 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Whoa!"
Hey all, just wanted to say thanks for all the contributors here, but just wanted to make clear a point. At no point here was I ever offended or upset about anything anyone said. To Pepe and True mostly, I apologise if that's the way I came off sounding :-D

But trust me, it takes a lot to really offend me. A LOT more than a post on the internet.

I've only ever posted at one other board on the net, a music one, and my opinion differs regularly to many there. I love it, the knowledgable discussions, proving your points and whatever, but at no point in time do I ever get offended or feel the need to personally attack anyone or name call. Someone mentioned that here, but I've not done that, have I? I'd apologise if so, but I've never done it before and am pretty sure I didn't here.

All is well, ladies and gentlemen. I take on board all points, but I also like to put forth my own. As I said, being a new member my "sense of humour" may be misunderstood, but take it from the kids at my other regular board of posting, once you get it you're in for one hell of a hilarious ride!

In ending, I look forward ot defending Amber and Darrah until my last day on this board, and look forward to all discussions in-between.

Cheers,

Geoff

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Whoa!"
once you get it you're in for one hell of a hilarious ride!

Then I am glad you found us! Sounds like you have the makings of a Basher Boy.

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart. I am also the S7 Anti-Bootee co-champion!

01-06-04, 05:26 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Whoa!"
... and don't forget that we have a Bashers forum. If you haven't been there yet and don't know where it is, click on the popup menu at the bottom of the page where it says "Select Other Forums" or click here to be whisked away right to that magic land.

Have fun! Action there will heat up once the season starts.

01-06-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Whoa!"
I'm glad you weren't offended because the crowd here is truly a very nice bunch. (My "sarcasm" was just tongue-in-cheek -- but you knew that.) And I'm sure you haven't offended anyone either.

So welcome, Geoff, and stick around -- we're not nearly in full swing yet!

01-06-04, 10:37 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Whoa!"
I'm pretty sure they were talking about me....sorry to get you all caught up in a whirlwind Geoff.....sorry to everyone else too

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "The reason for Amber..."
I wonder if Amber got asked back specifically by MB. He knows that alot of people were upset about Colby not being disqualified when Amber should have beat him in that one competition. MB also asked back both Lex and Big Tom. These are the same players who got the extra money because of another problem where Mama Kim and Ethan moved on and they didn't when a comp was screwed up by a wrong answer. So it could be MB trying to make nice with these past players by inviting them back since the reasons they were out were murky.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-12-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: The reason for Amber..."
What I'm hoping happened is that Lamber went and begged MB for another shot, this time vowing for the chance to redeem herself after making one of biggest non-moves in Survivor history.

Still, until she actually does something on the show, this thread is longer than she deserves.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •