The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lil getting sued by MB & CBS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sneezles 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-18-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sneezles Click to send private message to Sneezles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lil getting sued by MB & CBS"
Has anyone else heard anything (besides at Sucks) about Lillian getting sued b/c her Lonnie told the sheet metal guy inside info?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS PepeLePew13 12-18-03 1
 RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS kelli_blue 12-18-03 2
 I won't believe it... sleeeve 12-18-03 3
   RE: I won't believe it... I_AM_HE 12-18-03 4
   RE: I won't believe it... Loquatrix 12-18-03 5
       RE: I won't believe it... Smooth23 12-18-03 6
           RE: I won't believe it... railfan 12-19-03 7
               RE: I won't believe it... BrassFan 12-19-03 8
   RE: I won't believe it... Ra_8secs 12-19-03 9
       i was wondering... cqvenus 12-19-03 10
       RE: I won't believe it... I_Got_Nutn 12-19-03 11
 RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS Missing_Rupert 12-19-03 12
   Answer AyaK 12-23-03 17
 RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS Oscirus 12-20-03 13
 RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS SaphireLady 12-21-03 14
   RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS Sneezles 12-22-03 15
 RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS Loree 12-23-03 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-18-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS"
That might explain why Lillian wasn't edited very positively in the show, particularly in the last few episodes, when they could have made her seem a little better in case she did better in the (supposedly secret) final vote.

I'll be very interested in seeing how this plays out, if it turns out to be true.

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-18-03, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS"
No way, really? I have a hard time keeping secrets, but for what, a $5 million penalty, I know I could keep that one!!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-18-03, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I won't believe it..."
...until I see it.

The negative publicity that CBS would receive from suing their second place finisher would far outweigh anything positive (negligible amount of money, "a lesson for future contestants", etc) that could come out of the lawsuit.

The worst thing that I could imagine them doing to Lill would be to refuse to pay her runner up check to her... in essence a $100,000 penalty... still substantial for Lill (but not bankrupting)... but not a danger to CBS' reputation if they destroy a scout leader (and mother)'s life.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-03, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I won't believe it..."
agree eee, especially since most people taht thought Lill would be F2 thought so because of the PV (?) spoiler, not the betting spoiler, which people pretty much disregarded (although it is possible that CBS doesn't care about the distinction...still, I imagine that the "older woman returns and takes 2nd place" also being out there lessens any arguable damage CBS could claim)

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-18-03, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I won't believe it..."
>The negative publicity that CBS would
>receive from suing their second
>place finisher would far outweigh
>anything positive (negligible amount of
>money, "a lesson for future
>contestants", etc) that could come
>out of the lawsuit.

This is especially true because any such lawsuit would be extremely public in comparison with the actual betting spoiler, which was confined to a very small portion of the population.

Put it this way. I didn't stumble across Survivor spoiler sites until series 7 was well under way; probably week 3 or 4 of this series. I had heard absolutely nothing about any betting before I started reading these sites; I didn't know who the contestants were; I wasn't aware of any community of people who make it their business to find out insider information; in sum, I watched the show eagerly but was blithely ignorant of any background scandals and such -- and I do read the news and watch the entertainment news and I work in the entertainment industry, so it's not like I'd have trouble stumbling across this information if it were in fact publicized to any significant extent. Using me as an example of an "average Survivor viewer" before I started participating here, it's pretty clear that this kind of information is stuff you have to go looking for rather than it being in the face of the average Survivor watcher.

A lawsuit against a second place winner would be very in your face indeed, and as sleeeve points out, the negativity that the general public would feel toward Big Nasty CBS chasing down Poor Small Contestant over some presumed "leak" that only a tiny, tiny minority of viewers had heard about just wouldn't be worth it. It would appear to be a huge over-reaction, and I doubt they care enough to want to take that on.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-18-03, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I won't believe it..."
I hope they do refuse to pay her her $100,000, would deserve her right. Would be good to make an example out of her, what fun is watching the show if you know the final 2 already? If they weren't to sue her or penalize her then the future survivors could get away with it. Just my two cents.

railfan 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-19-03, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail railfan Click to send private message to railfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I won't believe it..."
>what
>fun is watching the show
>if you know the final
>2 already?

Why are you reading and posting in the Spoilers forum?

There will be no lawsuit or other penalty...negative publicity far outweighs any harm from info being available to the spoiler community, which is miniscule compared to the total number of viewers.

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-19-03, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I won't believe it..."
>There will be no lawsuit or other penalty...
>negative publicity far outweighs any harm
>from info being available to the spoiler
>community, which is miniscule compared to
>the total number of viewers.

There is another thing to consider.

That's the precedent set by allowing a player
to get away with talking.

If Lil *did* talk to someone about the finish
of the game, and CBS doesn't do anything about
it. How can they expect anyone in the future
to abide by their agreement not to talk.

If someone were to go on the local news and
tell everyone that they were in the final 2,
could CBS then sue them? Or, would the player
be able to use a "Lil talked and CBS didn't
sue her, so I thought it was ok" defense?

It's similar to Lucasfilms coming down on
several of the Star Wars fan websites. If
you don't prosecute someone for doing something,
then you'll have a hard time prosecuting
someone else for doing it later, even if the
degree is different.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-19-03, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I won't believe it..."
LOL, how can not getting new money be bankrupting?

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-03, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "i was wondering..."
... the same thing.

~ cq
asking questions since 1979

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-19-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I won't believe it..."
The alternative being suing for $5 mil. That would bankrupt her.

Missing_Rupert 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-19-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Missing_Rupert Click to send private message to Missing_Rupert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS"
Is the sheet metal spill what caused the betting on Sandra?

Interested minds want to know.

I also think she should be penalized in some way. Maybe give her 50% of what she was expecting. If you don't enforse it, they will have too many problems in the future.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-03, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Answer"
Yes, see the King Oscar thread; this one guy appears to be the entire cause of the betting spike.

But, like sleeeve, I don't think SEG or CBS will do anything ... it certainly didn't hurt the ratings for the show, and it turned out that no one believed it except for a couple of people -- who cashed in big time.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-20-03, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS"
Didnt they have problems with Ghandia postin when she wasn't supposed to? I'm pretty sure they did and nothing ever came of that.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-21-03, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS"
Don't know anything about this but here is my take.

One, until I read it for self and it comes from the source not speculation, will not believe it.

Two, all of the contestants families have to sign a nondisclosure statement as well, Lil is not responsible for adult childs actions, nor for that matter child period.

Three, while she should not state where she went out in the game to family, lots of us, me included, will tell spouses info that we would tell no other and it is possible she was telling hubby and child over heard and took it from there.

Also, think the network would just screw themselves to make example out of this person. Not only was she number 2, she also is older and too many out in the survivor world think the older contestants get screwed by this game. Think this would be a bad thing to do to any contestant. Also, while some, me included, think Lil was treated terrible by other survivors, at the reunion show she was treated with respect and dignity by Jeff and even had him fussing at the others for treating her different cause of that uniform. If this was truely happening, think she either would have been dealt with in a terrible fashion or ignored like Sandra was.

A PheonixMon Original

Sneezles 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-22-03, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sneezles Click to send private message to Sneezles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS"
It's neither here nor there...but Lonnie is Lil's husband...and her husband is the one that supposedly leaked the info. Nothing seems to be coming of this anyway,

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Lil getting sued by MB & CBS"
I do think she should be penalized in some way to keep future contestants from doing it too.

But didn't Big Tom (Africa Survivor) tell everyone in his town that he was in final 4? I remember that came out early and it was true. He talked.

Plus don't the family members that come to visit the final few have to sign a confidentiality form too? Lil's husband came to visit her and knew she was still in the game at that point.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •