The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No More Road Rules For Us?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No More Road Rules For Us?"
New York Post is reporting that there may not be another season:

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/37855.htm

However, we will get 5 more seasons of Real World.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No More Road Rules For Us? RuffNeck 01-06-05 1
 RE: No More Road Rules For Us? weltek 01-06-05 2
   RE: No More Road Rules For Us? ginger 01-06-05 3
       RE: No More Road Rules For Us? brvnkrz 01-13-05 13
 RE: No More Road Rules For Us? bighair 01-06-05 4
   RE: No More Road Rules For Us? brvnkrz 01-13-05 14
 RE: No More Road Rules For Us? motormouth 01-06-05 5
   RE: No More Road Rules For Us? volsfan 01-06-05 6
       RE: No More Road Rules For Us? teacherkelly 01-07-05 7
 RE: No More Road Rules For Us? Tahj 01-07-05 8
   RE: No More Road Rules For Us? volsfan 01-07-05 9
       RE: No More Road Rules For Us? FlowerChild 01-07-05 10
           RE: No More Road Rules For Us? FlamingCactusIT 01-08-05 11
 RE: No More Road Rules For Us? kidflash212 01-12-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RuffNeck 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-06-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RuffNeck Click to send private message to RuffNeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
And RR has been so much easier to watch lately compared to RW. Go figure?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
That's ok, I'm getting really sick of fired-up adrenaline junkies. They just turn into a@@holes once the competitions begin.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
Oh well. It long ago jumped that shark.

I really liked the original concept, and would be happy to watch the first two or three seasons in rerun again. They used to have a huge variety of challenges, not always bungee-and-flame type exercises but things specific to the region (the tomato festival in Italy, for example). They used to have to earn all their own road money (and got weird geographically related jobs); when broke, they had to bathe in hotel swimming pools and stuff. It was more of a "road picture" and less of a "Fear Factor" theme.

On the other hand, I'd rather watch a Road Rules versus Real World series than a Battle of the Sexes.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-05, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
Everything Ginger just said.

bighair 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-06-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bighair Click to send private message to bighair Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
>However, we will get 5 more
>seasons of Real World.

Don't forget 2 more Challenges, which for some reason I like more than RW or RR.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-05, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
Me too, BH. But I am not so much a fan of the battle of the sexes.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-06-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
I have never even watched RR before but it seemed more popular than RW, at least I thought it was. Anyhow, I am hoping the future seasons of RW are more interesting than this last one.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

01-06-05, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
I have found RR to be more interesting than RW in the past couple of seasons. RW is getting old to me. However, RR has challenges and travel that I enjoy watching. Just MHO.

teacherkelly 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-07-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teacherkelly Click to send private message to teacherkelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
I really liked early road rules for the same reasons mentioned above. I like the whole concept that the challenges were tied to the local culture and customs. Now I can't stand to watch them bc this last group was so pathetic and lost so many missions. The cast kept getting voted off so often that I couldn't form any attachments to cast members.....they weren't around long enough. I really like the challenges bc I get to see familiar faces and a wider variety of ages. The younger people on this challege are annoying (Tina!). Come on MTV go old school on us again and get some early cast members besides Beth from LA and Eric from hell.

I teach in a high school and the students (a big part of the target demo) still really like Real World and don't care about RR. They are all about that horrific and moronic Laguna Beach show that was just on. They enjoy the challenges bc they like to watch Coral go off on people and they get to see the people they remember from old shows.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-07-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
Wonder how that will affect future RW/RR challenges.

01-07-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
9. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
I would think that Coral is good for another 10-15 seasons. Wouldn't you?

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-07-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
Oh man...can you imagine?
I'm guessing Tina is good for another 10-15 seasons too.

That's a long 15 minutes of DAW time.
Get over it already.

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-08-05, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
I'd hate for Road Rules to get cancelled. I have more interest in it than I do Real World. I normally watch Road Rules episodes as soon as they debut, but Real World on the other hand I'll catch up on sleep and wait for MTV to rerun the ep. like they do all the time.

kidflash212 4165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-12-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: No More Road Rules For Us?"
Just throwing my two cents in here to agree with teacherkelly and ginger. Road Rules at one time was better than Real World. Then some moron decided to change the original concept and incorporate Survivor vote offs and Fear Factor challenges. It completely ruined the show. The constant revolving door of castmates makes it hard to follow and makes them more adversaries than teammates. They should try one more season and call it Retro Road Rules - go back to the beginning, take their money and focus on the developing relationships not the gross out tasks. I'd bet it outperforms recent seasons.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •