The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-13-03, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
The Grand Finale

Okay... so when I agreed to write the finale State of the Spoiling for Survivor: Pearl Islands, I figured that it would be a mildly time-consuming task... and then Pepe wrote an awesome SOTS just a day or two ago and already covered much of the spoiling that is related to the finals. Therefore, I'm going to blatantly steal most of what he wrote (although I should point out that this is now supplemented with discussions that have taken place over the past couple of days).

Last episode, Burton was voted out. He appeared on the Early Show and chatted with people on the web. Apparently he didn't say anything that we didn't already know (unless you didn't already know that he thinks that Lill betrayed him, but he didn't betray her).

Burton also had a lot to say in the Yahoo Platinum clips (thanks, Markopolo100). I'll be honest... I tried to read it all... but I fell asleep... I can't believe that marko didn't. Ummmm... I think the bottom line is that Burton thought that he had it all planned out... He was wrong. Sucker.

The title of the Final Episode is "Flames & Endurance" Flames = fiery rhetoric in the final TC? Or Flames = walking on coals? You decide.

The preview for the finale give us... nothing... well... okay... so here's the big spoiler: Jeff will bring the final four survivors some food. They'll eat. So I guess the big spoiler is that they will not starve to death now that Burton is no longer around to catch fish for them. I'm sorry to dissappoint you. Oh yeah... and the Survivors have official nicknames now. Well... Darrah doesn't... but maybe that's because calling her "Sole Survivor Darrah" would give away the ending.

In the advertisement for the recap show, emydi thinks that the final order of votes-out may be given away. Personally, I've watched this preview... in slow mo... and I do not agree. However, it's not my place to tell you whether or not to believe that this is a possible spoiler... that's up to you to decide.

So since the previews gave us nothing, it's probably a good thing that CBS was nice enough to tell us exactly what is going to happen:

• Letters from home bring a Survivor to tears, but one tribemate sees it as an opportunity to turn the rest of the tribe against that person.
  • A twist in the final stretch brings an unexpected battle for the Final Four.
  • Thirty-nine days ago they swam ashore on the Pearl Islands with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Darrah, Jon, Lillian and Sandra have made it this far, but only one will win. Who will be the Sole Survivor?

There is much debate (so much that I need a second link) about whether or not we have already seen the twist, whether the twist will be anything meaningful, or whether the twist is pure misdirection. But there seems to be little debate that Jon will be the only person "rotten" enough to turn the tribe against someone as a result of their letter from home.

esquire speculates that Lillian may be a swing vote heading into the final three, since she has previously shown that she is willing to switch sides, and this may play to her advantage as other players lobby for her vote in the last two tribal councils. esquire also speculates that the all-girl alliance will never work... Why? It hasn't in the past. Ummm... makes sense to me, I guess.

The Final Two

We’ve got a few lively debates going on about who’s in the final two.

Goooey_Alley has started two threads on SurvivorPhoenix’s Final 2 Claim that it’s Lillian and Darrah in the F2, Part 1 and Part 2, with plenty of debate on the merits of Darrah and Lillian as the finalists.

Amongst the things we’ve learned in these two threads is that Lillian *may* have burned/broke her foot in the F3 challenge and resulted in her finishing third. As well, there’s some argument whether Darrah’s lack of face time means something in the overall picture of things (besides the fact that she’s so unintelligible with her talking through a glass filled with molasses?).

KeithFan has put together a discussion on Darrah and Nash in reference to the dude in "A Beautiful Mind" whom Jiffy had said was the key to figuring out S6: The Amazon. The idea is that Darrah may be using the same strategy to let the alphas knock each other out - whether intentional or not.

jsanb suggests that Lil’s in the Final 2 because of a rumour that CBS is planning to cut away for a live shot of a party going on in Lillian’s honour in Cincinnati, OH. Or at least in the final four - which has pretty much been the worst kept secret in Survivor since, oh, about the week before the season started. Of note, something that I learned in there was that Cincinnati has supposedly the leading fan base for Survivor of all the U.S. cities!

On the other hand, it’s been reported that there may be live remotes of Survivor parties in Liberty, MS (Darrah’s hometown) and Cincinnati. However, Jon's Survivor party in Danville was reportedly cancelled, indicating to many that he probably does not make the final two.

One thing we might have to really look forward to is the prospect of it being the Most Brutal Final TC ever? brought to us by Brownroach. I’m rubbing my hands in glee at the idea that we may have FIVE overly-bitter jury members ready to sink their fangs into one of the finalists (as has been hinted by Jiffy and MB). Quick, where’s Soozin’ when we need her to referee and give out points for the best rat-and-snake speech in this final TC?

Bebekid was in Darrah’s hometown during the Thanksgiving holiday - nothing too earth-shattering, but some comments from the family lends a tad bit more credence towards Darrah being in the F2.

Lastly (or maybe firstly??) we’re reminded once again by ivoryElephant that his analysis of Episode 1: Pride Cometh before the Fall suggests that Darrah will be the winner - this was posted in September. This type of analysis worked in predicting that Brian would win in S5:Thailand, and a similar analysis by a poster at Sucks worked to suggest that Ethan would be the final Survivor of S3: Africa. Maybe this only works on odd numbered Survivor series?? Or maybe we've just had so much analysis that people were bound to get lucky two previous times... you be the judge.

So I know what you're all asking at this point...
"eee... who will win Survivor: Pearl Islands??"
If you want to know what people at our site think, click here.
If you want to know what people at other sites think, click here.
If you want to know what I think, click here.

...then go vote, because we want to know what YOU think!

THANKS!!!

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has made this season successful here at SB.com!

Special thanks to SurvivaBear, mistofleas, strid333, cqvenus, Devious Weasel, Brownroash, TeamJoisey, Bebo, ExInterper, rose, buckeyegirl, and PepeLePew13 for their phenomenal job in helping to compile this season's weekly SOTS threads. (Extra special thanks to mistofleas, who did it twice, the second time on extremely short notice!)

My own personal heart-felt thanks to the rest of the blue crew -- Webby, AyaK, IceCat, Bebo, and SherpaDave -- whose dedication and guidance makes this a fun place to visit over and over again.

And a final word of thanks to each and every one of you... without you, this site wouldn't exist at all... thanks for making this such a fun season!

A final plug... RealityTVWorld.com is much more than Survivor. In the next three months, you will see the premeires of World Idol, Average Joe Hawaii, The Apprentice, The Surreal Life 2, America's Next Top Model 2, The Bachelorette 2, Celebrity Mole Yucatan, Star Search, American Idol 3, Nashville Star, The Restaurant 2, The Real World: San Diego, and High School Reunion 2... and we'll be right here spoiling, bashing, and (maybe in one or two cases) praising each of them along the way... we hope that you will join us in our other forums...

For those of you that don't stick around for the other shows... We'll see you on February 1 for the premeire of Survivor: All Stars!

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... strid333 12-13-03 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... PepeLePew13 12-13-03 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... queencityfan 12-13-03 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... Rothschild 12-13-03 4
   RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... sleeeve 12-13-03 5
   RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... DaBulldog 12-13-03 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... KObrien_fan 12-13-03 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... LeftPinky 12-13-03 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... GrendelsMom 12-13-03 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... emydi 12-13-03 9
 Thanks, eee! anotherkim 12-13-03 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... Flowerpower 12-13-03 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... Brownroach 12-13-03 13
   RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... sleeeve 12-14-03 14
       RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... angelworth29 12-14-03 15
 SOTS... Goooey_Alley 12-14-03 16
   RE: SOTS... VerucaSalt 12-14-03 17
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... Smoochie 12-14-03 18
 RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... badger 12-14-03 19
   RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... Kar 12-14-03 20
       RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Gra... tommiettop 12-14-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-13-03, 04:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Great summary! It is sooooo hard to believe that another season is almost done. Where does the time go? Oh, and your welcome on doing an SOTS. It was fun and I hope to do another one.

I saw three ships come sailing in.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-03, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Excellent job to neatly tie things in together with the old and new stuff, eee! Flattering to see you use some of my stuff from last week - hope I didn't steal any of your thunder.

Thanks for doing a great job of moderating things around here and here's a question for Webby -- is this season the most heavily travelled season for spoilers in terms of site traffic? It seems like we've had more postings and discussions this season than the previous two seasons combined.

Going to be a fun season ahead with ASS!

queencityfan 123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-13-03, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail queencityfan Click to send private message to queencityfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
This is a general thanks to all who have made this long time lurker come out of the closet (not that there's anything wrong with that) and post. It's been a great season, what a great lead in to ASS.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-13-03, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
High School Reunion 2 -- can't wait. Maybe Rupert will
return again.

12-13-03, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Yeah... I would be surprised if that show generates more than one thread in the Other Reality TV Shows Forum... but you never know.

DaBulldog 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-13-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaBulldog Click to send private message to DaBulldog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
According to this site.......Rupert will be there.

http://www.thehockeypool.net/~page22/survivor/all_star_survivor_cast.html

Again, that's according..............

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Excellent job tying it all together eee, and thanks for the fun season!

I can't wait to see this final TC and see who rips who.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-13-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Amazing summary as usual Sleeeve! See you for ASS!

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Thanks so much for all your work! (and thanks to Pepe too--English teachers of the world unite!)

I especially liked the reminder about ivoryElephant--first class spoiling IMHO. I would also add DracoMalfoy's perceptive post about how the camera focuses in on Darrah (!) during the very opening spiel when JP says: "In the end, only one will remain to claim the million dollar prize." (actually, to be precise, the camera zooms in during the words "in the end, only one" then cuts away. but it almost seems too perfect, doesn't it?)

Wish I had the technical expertise to link that post, but I'm a newbie, sorry! hope someone else can add the link, and maybe start a thread pre-ASS that looks at how all the winners of previous survivors were portrayed in their respective opening sequences.

GM
--is postponing end-of-term grading until after Sunday finals.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-03 AT 11:58 AM (EST)

WOW thanks sleeeve for naming me in the final SOTS-even tho u dont think like i do heheehehhe i went thru very slowly on tivo. the order they were shown is d, d-l, d-l-j, dljs soo...

thx sleeeve

emydi

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Thanks, eee!"

Now I have to sort out all the stuff, but this makes it much easier.

--me? I'm holding out for I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here II **giggle**

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Just wanted to add that all of you did a fantastic job throughout the entire Survivor Season! Can't wait to see SOTS for the S8, the ASS! You all ROCK!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Great SOTS, cleeeve!

Thanks to Webby and all the moderators for making this such a great place to hang out, and to all the spoilermaniacs who post here with their great ideas. This was the most fun season yet!

p.s. I wrote "cleeeve" on purpose since you called me "Brownroash."

12-14-03, 01:47 AM (EST)
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
>p.s. I
>wrote "cleeeve" on purpose since
>you called me "Brownroash."
>

ROFL... I'd fix it for you, but it's funnioer this way

You never know what might be up my cleeeve...

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-14-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Thank you for a great SOTS! I know it must take a lot of work because I still haven't figured out how to get a sigpic! I can't wait for ASS to start so I have something to do at work! Thanks for all the laughs.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-14-03, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "SOTS..."
Excellent work, sleeeve! 2 thumbs up for all who had made SOTS as outstanding as possible!

So, sad to end this great season but I can't wait for the All-Star Survivor!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-14-03, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SOTS..."
A great way to wrap up the season. My appreciation to all of you who have made speculating (b/c you know what I think about spoiling lol) here thought provoking, entertaining and frustrating

Hugs to you all!

Smoochie 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-14-03, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smoochie Click to send private message to Smoochie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
I have been lurking forever and thought I should finally post. I've been promising myself to get involved in some of these discussions and add my 2 cents.

Just wanted to say, I love this site and to thank you all for helping me win 3 Survivor Pools. I've been to others but this seems to be the friendliest and the most comprehensive.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-14-03, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
thank you to everyone here at sblows who has made this a fabulous season. looking forward to ASS!

Kar 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-14-03, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kar Click to send private message to Kar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
Just a question since I don't live in the states.. Err, what time is the show going to air?

tommiettop 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-14-03, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tommiettop Click to send private message to tommiettop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling-- The Grand Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-03 AT 07:10 PM (EST)

8:00 eastern time. I think that's about 49 minutes from now. Gawd it's a looooong last hour!

Edited time

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •