The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sneezles 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sneezles Click to send private message to Sneezles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
CBS called the Outback where Jon's family was supposed to be having there watch party and cancelled it. I just talked to the Outback and was told that everyone there in Danville knew Jon already and basically thought he was a big, fat jerk (her words, not mine) and that no one was going to show up to root for him...the only ones that were going to show were those to boo him.

How funny is that?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... KObrien_fan 12-12-03 1
 RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Blow by Blow 12-12-03 2
   RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Sneezles 12-12-03 3
       RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... katethegreat 12-12-03 4
           RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Blow by Blow 12-12-03 6
 RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... ElroyJetson 12-12-03 5
 RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Flowerpower 12-12-03 7
   RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... IreneMcGee 12-12-03 8
       RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Mokele Membe 12-12-03 25
           RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... IreneMcGee 12-13-03 31
   RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Bebo 12-12-03 9
       RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... nailbone 12-12-03 12
 RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Loquatrix 12-12-03 10
   RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... okaloosajohn 12-12-03 11
       RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... pdragonfly 12-12-03 13
           RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... mistofleas 12-12-03 14
               RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... wandacal 12-12-03 28
       RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Sneezles 12-12-03 15
           Cancellation... Goooey_Alley 12-12-03 24
               RE: Cancellation... BrassFan 12-12-03 26
   RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... volsfan 12-12-03 16
 RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... dendanash 12-12-03 17
 RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Rothschild 12-12-03 18
   RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Sneezles 12-12-03 19
   RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... mistofleas 12-12-03 20
       RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... volsfan 12-12-03 21
 RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... SurvivorBlows 12-12-03 22
   RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... mistofleas 12-12-03 23
       RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... atherella 12-12-03 27
           RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... wandacal 12-12-03 29
           RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... frisky 12-12-03 30
               RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Scarlett O Hara 12-13-03 34
               RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Magic Fingers 12-13-03 38
           RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... johndoe 12-13-03 32
               RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... tommiettop 12-13-03 33
                   RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Scarlett O Hara 12-13-03 35
 RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... greg2557 12-13-03 36
   RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... volsfan 12-13-03 37
 RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for J... Scarlett O Hara 12-14-03 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-03, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
That is hysterical, but that also means John doesn't make F3, cause I doubt they would cancel otherwise.

Wonder if his dead grannie woulda showed? (Oh wait, Grannie Lill is F2, thats the big lie, that she is related to John)

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
CBS cancelled the party? Or cancelled coverage?

12-12-03, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sneezles Click to send private message to Sneezles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
From what I could tell, CBS called yesterday and cancelled coverage. The chick from the Outback said that no one was going to show up and there wasn't enough interest in the town to even come. CBS cancelled coverage, so the Outback subsequently cancelled the party. (I heard this from sucks and verified it.) Evidently, the Outback has also asked him (Jon) not to darken their door again.

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-12-03, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Hilarious! Thanks for the info. Now I can hope that he goes next. But I thought spoilers had a man as number three??

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
But I thought spoilers had a man as number three??

That would be Sandra or Lill.
-P

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-12-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
They should hold it in Thunder D's basement/wrasslin ring.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Just want to get this straight....Maybe due to lack of interest in cheering for Jon, the numbers were not there, therefore leading CBS to bag that location.....what good would filming no one cheering him on do? Or, was it cancelled prior to CBS knowing that no one would cheer him on?

Tell them to come to my location....I'd love to see the deviant win the whole thing!

IreneMcGee 166 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IreneMcGee Click to send private message to IreneMcGee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
this doesn't surprise me

he doesn't seem like he holds anyone from home in his heart, and the hugging for his one friend that came to the Pearl Islands was an act for the dead grandmother ploy

that's pretty sad

Mokele Membe 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-12-03, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mokele%20Membe Click to send private message to Mokele%20Membe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

Quote:

"...the hugging for his one friend that came to the Pearl Islands was an act for the dead grandmother ploy"

I kind of got the impression from the intensity that they hugged, that his "friend" is actually his life partner!

(not that there's anything wrong with that...)

IreneMcGee 166 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IreneMcGee Click to send private message to IreneMcGee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
hahaha
well, I know gay guys who are more chauvanistic than straight guys
so, it's hard to read him

>LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03
>AT 09:22 PM (EST)

>
>Quote:
>
>"...the hugging for his one friend
>that came to the Pearl
>Islands was an act for
>the dead grandmother ploy"
>
>I kind of got the impression
>from the intensity that they
>hugged, that his "friend" is
>actually his life partner!
>
>(not that there's anything wrong with
>that...)

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
what good would filming no one cheering him on do?

I, for one, would have been laughing my ass off during the reunion show. Picture this:

Jiffy: Let's go to Cincinnati, where Lil's supporters are gathered to party for her!

(cut to room full of loud, cheering people)

Jiffy: And here's Darrah's hometown of Liberty!

(cut to room full of loud, cheering people)

Jiffy: And let's not forget Jon's cheering section in Danville!

(cut to empty room)

Hee hee hee.

I know...back to Bashers.

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"

>
>Jiffy: And let's not forget
>Jon's cheering section in Danville!
>
>
>(cut to empty room)
>
You forgot to cue the crickets.

New sigpic courtesy of the lovely and talented JSlice/Thanks, Woe, for the lights!
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian
and OT Studmuffin of the Year '03
o-

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-12-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Hmm, this smells kind of fishy to me. I know Jon has been shown in a bad light, but I can't be the only one in the country that is dying for either him or Sandra to win. I would be totally happy and satisfied with a Jon win; he has played a tremendous game and has given us hours of love-to-hate-him entertainment.

Additionally, people love to be on TV for whatever reason. They don't need to love Jon to show up and try to get their mugs on camera.

This smells more like CBS damage control, to me.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-12-03, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Damage control? What kind of damage?

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-12-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
See now I picture there being this wire cage where the TV is and people throwing beer bottles and/or each other at the screen.

I got that pic in my head from some movie I saw where someone was singing (country) behind this wire mesh while all this brawling was going on.

Isn't that Jon's sort of crowd?

I think people would come, but the town doesn't want the type of Jon fans to be seen on National TV tearing up the place and hardly watching the show.

Man, I gotta get out more. Are bars like that anyway? LOL

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
I got that pic in my head from some movie I saw where someone was singing (country) behind this wire mesh while all this brawling was going on.

The Blues Brothers...great movie that!

--fan of Akaroyd & Belushi since the beginning of SNL

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-12-03, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Also "Road House".

12-12-03, 03:43 PM (EST)
15. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Jon doesn't make F3?

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-12-03, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Cancellation..."
of coverage doesn't mean Jon can't be in F3 (but I do hope he really doesn't make in F3). Amazon's Butch only made it in the 4th place but CBS made a shot in his hometown.

Maybe it's just to avoid showing bad reception of his hometown regarding his gameplay.

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Cancellation..."
I, personally, don't see how Jon making or not making the F3 could cause the cancellation.

CBS has known for a few months who the f3 (and f2) are.....Why would they wait til now to cancel? If anything, they wouldn't cancel simply because it would show that he didn't make f3. They'd send the camera crew (or, more likely the local affiliate would send the crew), and they'd beam it to L.A. anyway....

The more likely scenario, to me, is that Outback received either lots of negative responses, or *NO* responses, so they decided to cancel the party....therefore, CBS had no party to cover.

Besides, having no one there, or a packed house booing Jon would play right into his "I want to be the most hated player in Survivor history" angle...

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
After last night...I am pulling for Sandra! I loved the way she played last night! I wouldn't mind seeing Jon win because as you say he has played every angle and I like that. So, no...you are not alone

dendanash 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dendanash Click to send private message to dendanash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Maybe Jon has gotten the Outback to lie for him to keep the Johnny Rotten image going. I just can't believe that CBS would not cover this even if it meant booing him. He has been the bad guy so why not boo him and why not show it on TV. We have been seeing it on TV for the past few weeks. IMO, I say bring on every boo for Johnny Rotten.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-12-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
It would be fun to see Jon win; I have a feeling
Burton and Jon have a few tricks left .. The word "broadside" was used over and over last night. The only broadside left is Darrah ...

12-12-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
19. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
I don't know...I have a pretty broadside...(otherwise known as my a**)

12-12-03, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
The word "broadside" was used over and over last night. The only broadside left is Darrah ...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, but the word they were using last night was "blindsided".

As in getting hit on the "blindside" while in your car.

12-12-03, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
I don't like to be blindsided or broadsided! Either one is rather scary!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
>everyone there in Danville knew Jon
>already and basically thought he was a
>big, fat jerk (her words, not mine)

I agree he's an jerk... but damn, that must be one svelte town if Jon passes for "fat." Not to mention "big."

12-12-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
23. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Not to mention "big."

What do you want to bet that "six inches too short" comment is going to following him for the rest of his days?

I hope, I hope, I hope!

--hopes a little more

atherella 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-03, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail atherella Click to send private message to atherella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
It does seem rather odd that in the area Jon is from that they can't scrounge up enouge scum to show live for 10 seconds. I mean, there are camera hogs everywhere who would do anything to be in the spotlight, even if it is for "Jonny Fairplay". The whole thing just seems off somehow. Maybe this is just a story Jon planted...it doesn't feel right.

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-12-03, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
One thing we have to remember here is that Jon may hail fron Danbury but lives in LA. Who knows how long it's been since he's been home. At first, the townsfolk were most likely thrilled that one of their own is on Survivor. However, as the show unfolds they find out that lil Johnny ain't sweet no more. (Without admitting that they really didn't know him all that well growing up anyway) Shock and dismay turn to sheer embarassment and humiliation so the party they were planning from the very beginning is starting to look doubtful with the final nail in the coffin being "The Grandma Incident" (Sounds like one of those books that was on the "required summer reading" list back in High school.)Since no one ever really knew him anyway (even Thunder Dan admits to only knowing him for 4 years) their only impression of him is what we have... "What a big, fat, stupid jerk!" "We don't want to show support for this guy. He doesn't represent us. " etc.
Obviously, all this is IMHO, being quite the lowly DAW. Just wanted to join in the fun!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
I agree with you. Something smells funny.

The first thing that raised an eyebrow for me was the response of the person that answered the phone at the Outback. I'm not sure management would like the hostess spitting venom like this to a stranger over the phone as a representative of the Outback. It sounds like she was *trying* to give out TMI.

Also, the fact that Jon isn't allowed back to the Outback is just a weird thing to say.

I'll betcha this is just another one of Jon's BL's.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-13-03, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
I agree! We have learned not to trust or believe anything coming from that camp! If Jon could have arranged the "Big Lie" in advance, he could well have created other pre-show deceptions.

Scarlett

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
I am thinking that maybe the party was changed to a different location and CBS called to cancel it at the Outback. Oh the possibilities of other locations!! Like someone else said, Grandma's house!

johndoe 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-13-03, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail johndoe Click to send private message to johndoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
The key quote is-

"CBS called the Outback where Jon's family was supposed to be having there watch party"

Now come on, surely his family would show. Agreed, something is fishy.

tommiettop 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-13-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tommiettop Click to send private message to tommiettop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
>Now come on, surely his family
>would show.

Hmmm Maybe after he killed off Granny the family decided not to show. A funeral to go to?? (Where's Darrah when we need her?)

Maybe his family doesn't like him that much either. Or are just way too embarrassed too show.

Maybe the family is just as obnoxious as Jon so Outback said "No Way are these rowdy rasslers gonna break up our place."

Maybe they'd ALL rather be somewhere where only 17-yr old girls go to. Maybe they're all hanging out at Hooters

12-13-03, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
LOL Tommy T!! <Where's Darrah when you need her?>

In my opinion, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Scarlett

greg2557 166 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greg2557 Click to send private message to greg2557 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
They must have moved the party to Grandma's house.

12-13-03, 09:17 PM (EST)
37. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
I must say that made me LOL!

12-14-03, 10:54 AM (EST)
39. "RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Okay- now we know that there is a CBS Party in Darrah and Lil's Hometown, but not in Jon's. Any word on Sandras?

Tawk amongst ya-selves!

Scarlett

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •