The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final four promo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

URang 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-03, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail URang Click to send private message to URang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final four promo"
Not sure if this is correct (my wife was yapping in my ear about sending holiday cards) but I think that when they were doing the promo for the next episode and were describing each of the remaining castaways.
Darrah – Nothing but her name- “Darrah”
Lillian – “Lil the scoutmaster”
Sandra – “Sassy Sandra”
Jon – “Most notorious…. Jonny Rotten”

Not too sure if this is something to read into but I figured I would post and let the experts analyze.

**If this is incorrect and they did say something for Darrah, please disregard & lock this post and I will go duct tape my wife’s mouth.

BTW: I got all the cards done.

URANG

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final four promo Thaibeach 12-12-03 1
   RE: Final four promo nailbone 12-12-03 2
       RE: Final four promo Thaibeach 12-12-03 3
           RE: Final four promo nailbone 12-12-03 4
               RE: Final four promo jkokoj 12-12-03 5
                   Makes me wonder... Goooey_Alley 12-12-03 18
       RE: Final four promo okaloosajohn 12-12-03 7
   RE: Final four promo KeithFan 12-14-03 22
 RE: Final four promo Holiday 12-12-03 6
   RE: Final four promo LeftPinky 12-12-03 8
       RE: Final four promo mistofleas 12-12-03 9
           RE: Final four promo pmspml5 12-12-03 10
               RE: Final four promo okaloosajohn 12-12-03 11
                   RE: Final four promo Sneezles 12-12-03 12
                       RE: Final four promo Spanky68 12-12-03 14
                       After seeing her performance in... Goooey_Alley 12-12-03 19
           RE: Final four promo RealityRyan 12-12-03 16
           Southern Belle Darrah... Goooey_Alley 12-12-03 20
 RE: Final four promo RPGMom28 12-12-03 13
   RE: Final four promo RealityRyan 12-12-03 17
 RE: Final four promo emydi 12-12-03 15
   RE: Final four promo wrongwrongwrong 12-13-03 21
       RE: Final four promo PepeLePew13 12-14-03 24
 RE: Final four promo janisella 12-14-03 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final four promo"
It could be that, because Darrah is such a scintillating personality, with so many fascinating qualities, they couldn't narrow it down enough to fit in the 30 seconds allowed.

...feeling just a little sarcastic today

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-03, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final four promo"
*Whack* You're just mad cuz you KNOW Darrah's gonna win!

I noticed that they only said Darrah's name and that's all. And while I think that her UTR strategy is gonna work, it doesn't lend itself to stuff like that.

New sigpic courtesy of the lovely and talented JSlice/Thanks, Woe, for the lights!
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian
and OT Studmuffin of the Year '03
o-

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-03, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final four promo"
*whack* back at ya Nailbone!

I know. I know. I just can't work up any enthusiasm for Darrah. I would prefer a more entertaining winner...like Sandra!

...wants to see Sandra rip Jon another new one this Sunday

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final four promo"
Sandra may be more entertaining (to you...) but what has she done to deserve to win?

New sigpic courtesy of the lovely and talented JSlice/Thanks, Woe, for the lights!
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian
and OT Studmuffin of the Year '03
o-

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-12-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final four promo"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

I have not been a big fan of Sandra until last night. She is really playing things right. She made the right friends, lied to the right people, told some people the correct truths, and is devious. The devious that is right there in your face. You automatically know that about Sandra. She outlasted her buddies and from the looks at TC last night, they are still her buddies. I have a lot more respect for Sandra than Lil or Jon. Jon is just a garbage wanna be.

I also like Darrah, she seems sweet and innocent but from last night I could tell she is playing the game. You cannot deny that, she won back to back to back ICs was a great feat. Also, Burton's Early Show interview revealed Darrah was obviously talking good strategy at the right times. We were just not shown when, where, whom and why she was talking. I blame that on MB and his editing. Although Darrah is a little difficult to understand.

Sometimes Survivor is about floating along, surveying who will get you further in the game. Ultimately that is what Rich did in S1, he took a look at who was around him, gambled on those personalities and rode it to the win. Simply put that is what both Sandra and Darrah did. I must admit that would be MY strategy if I ever got on survivor.

I am happy with 3 of the final 4. I truly don't think Lil deserves to be there. But that is what can happen to you if you keep a patsy around. Burton thought he had her, his biggest mistake.

I would really like to see a Darrah/Sandra final 2.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-12-03, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Makes me wonder..."
I must admit that would be MY strategy if I ever got on survivor.

(Is there anyone here who had tried auditioning for past Survivor series and made through semi-final? Or anyone concealed here who had been a contestant in the past? I only remembered Daniel Lue posted something about the book signing. The others had Diane Ogden, Jake Billingsley, Deena Bennett, etc...)

I agree with you... Jon, Sandra, and Darrah played the game.

Jon, though obnoxious he is with his grandma swear, had taken the biggest risk by rubbing other people the wrong way (I think if it comes to the Final 2, only Burton might have voted for him.)

Sandra, though sore loser the way she acts with sabotaging, tried her best to make it through factions and burns her butt by being sneaky. Emotionally, she is honest. Physically, she is weak. But at least, she has her strategy.

Darrah, though she played UTR and entirely lack face time and sit quitely most of the time, proved her worth by winning consecutive IC's and might surpass Pulau Tiga's Kelly and Outback's Colby winning streak. She even took risk by begging to Burton and Jon (per platinum after T's boot) and doing her tattle-telling (per platinum this episode). Editing had been harsh for her, maybe because of her accent (but I'm getting used to her accent and already understood her).

Now, with Lil... her consistent pouting, frowning, whining (though she already won RC's)... it's too annoying. Like Jon said, she is too naive. She only believes what others told her so (like Christa's incident where Christa tried to redeem herself but Lil doesn't listen.) But at least, she redeemed herself last episode by not doing the same mistake. (She might have voted for herself if only Jon told her so. Just kiddin'.) She used her Scoutmaster stature to regain respect but in reality, she makes a big fool out of herself (losing hook, confused with compass reading, etc.)

But with the last 2 hours and 1-hour reunion, maybe our views can change differently... they can gain more respect or maybe could dump their popularity to more unreasonable level. But who knows? Maybe I could like Lil at the finale if she could prove her worth more.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-12-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final four promo"
LOL! Oh de nailbone connected to de funnybone...

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-03, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Final four promo"
Darrah...one word is all that is needed...like Cher.

Holiday 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Holiday Click to send private message to Holiday Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final four promo"
Yeah, when they did the shot of Darrah the announcer doesn't say anything about her but she says "Hell, I don't know if I'm even gonna be here" which is even MORE indicative of a big win. Pride comes before a fall and Darrah has been humble throughout. She keeps her cool and takes the cake.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-12-03, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final four promo"
Well, what were they going to call her? Dumb (read MUTE) Darrah?
Daunting Darrah? Daring Darrah? Delightful Darrah?

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final four promo"
Demure Darrah

--would make other suggestions but then would be entering total bashers

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-12-03, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final four promo"
Dominating Darrah - she has after all won 4 of the last 5 challenges.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-12-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final four promo"
Remember the spoiler about the "super woman" who runs off a string of challenge wins...

I guess they just got it confused amongst the noise about the 'big twist'!

Sneezles 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-03, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sneezles Click to send private message to Sneezles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final four promo"
John I was thinking the same thing! Why anyone would think lil was a superwoman is beyond me.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Final four promo"
>John I was thinking the same
>thing! Why anyone would
>think lil was a superwoman
>is beyond me.

Sure she is, her superpower is causing me to toss my supper with those hideous legs! Those things would hurt my eyes even if they didn't have the festering insect bites on them

12-12-03, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "After seeing her performance in..."
Ep4 IC, she showed her strenght. No wonder Andrew saw her potential and chose her over Lil at Ep3 TC.

(I see her winning the last 2 IC's, now it's just up in the air who's with her in the final 2 hot seat. Will it be Sandra, Jon, or Lil?)

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-12-03, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Final four promo"
drawlin' darrah... I loved how they had to subtitle her talking last episode so we could understand what the heck she was sayin

12-12-03, 08:30 PM (EST)
20. "Southern Belle Darrah..."
Nuff said.

RPGMom28 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-12-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RPGMom28 Click to send private message to RPGMom28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final four promo"
Drawwwwling Darrah... sometimes I wish she was mute just so I wouldn't cringe every time she opens her mouth.

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-12-03, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Final four promo"
Hahaha wow... I can't believe I didn't see this the first time... and on top of that, I posted drawlin darrah right above it...

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final four promo"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 07:31 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 07:30 PM (EST)

I was just watching my tivo of last nites show again and went very slowly through the end promos where the five remaining survivors left in cut out form with the others in white

when I saw it last nite I thought they probably put the order in it and guess what..

I noticed when they first went to that scene it showed Darrah alone, then panned out to Darrah with Lil then panned out to Darrah with Lil and John and then panned out to Darrah lil jon and sandra

hmmm
EMYDI

edited for spelling etc twice

wrongwrongwrong 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-13-03, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wrongwrongwrong Click to send private message to wrongwrongwrong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Final four promo"
Absolutely WRONG!!!!

I went slow-mo through it for the same reason and as the picture pans out to all survivors, all four of the F4 are visible from the onset and only those kicked out are edited in through the cut outs.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-03, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Final four promo"
You registered a new name just to say wrong wrong wrong?

Webby, might want to check and see if this is a duplicate poster name?

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-14-03, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Final four promo"
The thing I noticed in the promo is Darrah and Lil are just shown, but Sandra and Jon are shown trash talking. Does that mean they're F2? The next two voted off? Or nothing at all?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •