The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Battle for Lil"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-11-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Battle for Lil"
Something just occured to me. For the past few weeks, there has been 1 strong alliance in place. That is Lil, Burton and Jon. They have always voted together. Jon has actively lobbied others to keep Burton around. We have finally reached the point that you only need 3 voted to win. This 3-some should be able to get to the final 3, if they stay together. Jon has been shown fighting for Burton. Burton doesn't qwant to express an opinion unless Jon is around to bless it. So that means that either J&B break up or for some reason Lil switches sides.

Lil hasn't been shown to be the most decisive of players. I bet the real focus of the episode is everyone trying to get Lil on there side and for some reason (Burton's indecisiveness) she switches over to the girls

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Battle for Lil volsfan 12-11-03 1
   RE: Battle for Lil Bebo 12-11-03 2
       RE: Battle for Lil SPRocket 12-11-03 3
           RE: Battle for Lil volsfan 12-11-03 4
 RE: Battle for Lil Loree 12-11-03 5
   RE: Battle for Lil esquire 12-11-03 6
       RE: Battle for Lil Oscirus 12-11-03 7
           RE: Battle for Lil Bebo 12-12-03 8
               RE: Battle for Lil Oscirus 12-12-03 11
                   RE: Battle for Lil esquire 12-12-03 12
                       RE: Battle for Lil PepeLePew13 12-14-03 34
   RE: Battle for Lil Ra_8secs 12-12-03 9
       RE: Battle for Lil Sneezles 12-12-03 10
       RE: Battle for Lil mistofleas 12-12-03 13
           RE: Battle for Lil volsfan 12-13-03 14
               RE: Battle for Lil Smooth23 12-13-03 15
                   RE: Battle for Lil DaBulldog 12-13-03 23
                       RE: Battle for Lil speedyforme 12-13-03 25
                           RE: Battle for Lil DaBulldog 12-13-03 28
                               RE: Battle for Lil speedyforme 12-13-03 30
                                   RE: Battle for Lil DaBulldog 12-14-03 31
                               RE: Battle for Lil katethegreat 12-14-03 41
       RE: Battle for Lil Loree 12-13-03 20
 RE: Battle for Lil SaphireLady 12-13-03 16
   RE: Battle for Lil I_AM_HE 12-13-03 17
   RE: Battle for Lil JanetSTL 12-13-03 24
       RE: Battle for Lil Loree 12-13-03 26
           RE: Battle for Lil JanetSTL 12-13-03 27
   RE: Battle for Lil Chez 12-13-03 29
 Who betrayed who?? Tiggertramp 12-13-03 18
   RE: Who betrayed who?? volsfan 12-13-03 19
   RE: Who betrayed who?? brvnkrz 12-13-03 21
       RE: Who betrayed who?? volsfan 12-13-03 22
           RE: Who betrayed who?? PepeLePew13 12-14-03 35
 Lil may be BRILLIANT Tiggertramp 12-14-03 32
   RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT volsfan 12-14-03 33
       RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT brvnkrz 12-14-03 36
           RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT volsfan 12-14-03 37
               RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT Missing_Rupert 12-14-03 39
               RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT brvnkrz 12-14-03 40
           RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT DaBulldog 12-14-03 38
               RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT volsfan 12-14-03 42
                   RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT Tiggertramp 12-14-03 43

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-11-03, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Battle for Lil"
I think you hit the nail on the head with the fact that Lil switches side. We were shown that little conversation last week with Burton and Lil for a reason! Jon trully believes that his chance of winning is with an outcast. I say Lil is the swing vote as she has been on a couple of occasions now!

Just my opinion!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Battle for Lil"
And we were also shown Lil's unhappiness with how Jon puts her down, so we know reasons why she would be willing to sell out both of them.

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart.

SPRocket 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-11-03, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SPRocket Click to send private message to SPRocket Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Battle for Lil"
And although Jon and Burton have "sworn" to take each other to the final two, and have followed through on that with their voting so far, we've also been shown that neither of them really intends to take the other to the final two -- Jon negotiating with Darrah and Burton pondering Christa.

They're tight, but their eyes are on the million bucks, and they're each willing to dump the other to get there.

12-11-03, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Battle for Lil"
I don't know if I agree with this. I think in Jon's mind...he needs to take an outcast with him to the final two (or maybe a Morgan but I think that is plan C or D) and that is an agreement with Burton. Jon has been very vocal about keeping Burton. I also think that Jon knows he will not have a good shot of winning if he takes a Drake...

Burton would not tell Lil what she wanted to hear last week and I don't think he has ANY plan of dumping Jon. Burton has all but threatened Jon with his life that he (Jon) better not stab him in the back!

I would not be surprised if Jon and Burton vote together tonight and Burton goes 3-2.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Battle for Lil"
Tonight may show why Lil gets 2 nasty questions at the final TC. If both Jon and Burton thinks she stabbed them in the back to go with the girls they could turn on her at the vote.

12-11-03, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Battle for Lil"
And I could also see nasty questions from Ryan and Rupert.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-11-03, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Battle for Lil"
no to mention tj and christa

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Battle for Lil"
I think Lil redeemed herself a bit with those jury members last night, who clearly approved of the boot choice.

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-12-03, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Battle for Lil"
I think the juror members were more happy that their respective alliance members were still in it than at the fact that lil helped orchestrate burtons boot. a better question might be who are the two that wouldnt have nasty questions for li

12-12-03, 09:58 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Battle for Lil"
a better question might
>be who are the two
>that wouldnt have nasty questions
>for lil

T seems to be smiling alot at TC, I don't think she would have a nasty questiion at TC. I also don't think Sandra or Darrah would have a nasty question for her after last night's episode

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-03, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Battle for Lil"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-03 AT 09:46 AM (EST)

But Sandra would if Lil decides to stab her and go with Darrah in the event of a JonnyFairplay IC win in the F4. Sandra might be working on Lil to tell her that Darrah must go as she's a threat in the final IC, but Lil says no and votes with Darrah.

If that plays out as I've outlined, then Sandra might have a reason to be bitter towards Lil - and you know she can't bite her tongue about anything.

Edited cuz it's "threat" not "thread"

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Battle for Lil"
Loree, I don't see why Jon or Burton would have such nasty Qs for Lill (except in their delusions of grandeur). She knows that they were the two who voted to boot her. Any sort of betrayal question from J&B would be met with howls of derisive laughter from all around.

I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position. -- Mark Twain

Sneezles 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-03, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sneezles Click to send private message to Sneezles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Battle for Lil"
Accompanied by my howls of derisive laughter and explicitives that I hurled at my tv last night.

-sneezy.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Battle for Lil"
Loree, I don't see why Jon or Burton would have such nasty Qs for Lill (except in their delusions of grandeur).

Oh I think there's going to be plenty of nasty questions for Lil. Most of them regarding the nature of her lies. When Ryan O was voted out he said: "I wish D & T a lot of luck. Not so much Lil."

When Burton was voted out last night, 3/4 of his final words were regarding Lil betraying him.

When Jon goes next week, he will also spend his time bitching about Lil betraying him.

The reason? Lil spent time with Burton on their little breakfast RC island telling him: "well that's going to require that I lie and I have a problem with that..." She went to him last episode and demanded that he confirm that she's going to be in the F2, which in his mind was an indicator that she was still on board with him and wouldn't lie (whether she actually said it or not). On the catamaran RC with Jon, Lil told him that she was in it to the end with him. That she would do it, she didn't like lying to the woman but for him she'd do it. Rupert? You bet your bottom dollar he's gonna have choice words for her. She assured him that she was in with his alliance with Christa and Sandra. She lay next to him in the dark and told him all was well.

See? Lil has been touting her Scouts motto truth bit the entire time. She stuck with it for a while and has been trying to portray this wholesome image, but she has consistantly and methodically lied to everyone.

So, yeah...she'll get nasty questions and rightfully so. I can't wait to see it.

--would rather see Sandra win

12-13-03, 00:00 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Battle for Lil"
I agree...I can't w8 for Lil to get questioned...she has lied to everyone butt said she couldn't lie! She is actually my least favorite of the final four.

After last night...Sandra is my favorite. Not only does she crack me up...butt she is playing the game! I want a Sandra victory as well!

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Battle for Lil"
Who I hate and why I hate them, doubles as my wish list for who gets how far.

F4 Lil - Person i hate most at this point. Run her over, make her walk the plank, let a crab eat her, i dont care just get her off

F3 Jon - Next on my list. Hate this ass, tho not quite as much as I did a few episodes ago.

F2 Sandra - Plays the game, but at the same time I didn't like her riding ruppies coattails till he was gone, then ultimately assure his departure by voting for Jon.

F1 Darrah - Plays a good game, Wins immunities and rewards--lots of em. She's cute to, cant wait to see her in playboy.

Yes i know this prolly belongs more in bashers, but i just like the spoiler board so much more =)

DaBulldog 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-13-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaBulldog Click to send private message to DaBulldog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Battle for Lil"
>>F2 Sandra - Plays the game, but at the same time I didn't like her riding ruppies coattails till he was gone, then ultimately assure his departure by voting for Jon.

Xactly! She acted like such friends of Rupert. Their little group thought they had Lil on their side that night. If that was so, with Sandra's vote, Rupert was safe, yeeeeeeeeeeet, Sandra rather stabbed Rupert in the back by voting for Jon and then turned around and covering her mouth and acting oh so innocent and in total shock when Rupert was getting all of the votes. At the same time she had taken the walk with the ladies on planning to vote Rupert off. Then, when she overheard Burton and Jon talking on voting Rupert off, she went and tattled on them to Rupert. Does the word H-Y-P-O-C-R-Y-I-T-E come to mind? Then she stabs her "supposedly" good friend Christa in the back when she (Sandra) dumped all of the fish and let Christa take the blame. She then made the deal with Tijuana and Darrah on the one vote and then turned around and voted Tijuana off. NO doubt Jon is a JERK............yet Sandra is right there with him IMHO. Jon admits to it yet Sandra acts oh so innocent.

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-13-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Battle for Lil"
>>>F2 Sandra - Plays the game, but at the same time I didn't like her riding ruppies coattails till he was gone, then ultimately assure his departure by voting for Jon.
>
>
>Xactly! She acted like such friends
>of Rupert. Their little group
>thought they had Lil on
>their side that night. If
>that was so, with Sandra's
>vote, Rupert was safe, yeeeeeeeeeeet,
>Sandra rather stabbed Rupert in
>the back by voting for
>Jon and then turned around
>and covering her mouth and
>acting oh so innocent and
>in total shock when Rupert
>was getting all of the
>votes. At the same time
>she had taken the walk
>with the ladies on planning
>to vote Rupert off. Then,
>when she overheard Burton and
>Jon talking on voting Rupert
>off, she went and tattled
>on them to Rupert. Does
>the word H-Y-P-O-C-R-Y-I-T-E come to
>mind? Then she stabs her
>"supposedly" good friend Christa in
>the back when she (Sandra)
>dumped all of the fish
>and let Christa take the
>blame. She then made the
>deal with Tijuana and Darrah
>on the one vote and
>then turned around and voted
>Tijuana off. NO doubt Jon
>is a JERK............yet Sandra is
>right there with him IMHO.
>Jon admits to it yet
>Sandra acts oh so innocent.
>

I still think Sandra was innocent and surprised with the Rupert vote, you see how pissed off she was at Jon afterwards?

The fish part, ANYONE would lie about it, why fess up about it? she didn't throw the fish out on purpose...

Voting off T was backstabbing? Christa did say T was overly confident about siding with the girls and threatened them that she can switch to Burton's side anytime...she kinda deserved to go by playing too hard...

Sandra provides me more entertainment than Jon ever can, she really is SASSY, great motives and sooooo devious it's great and she def played harder than Darrah who just kinda did nothing until day 30...

although i'd be happy if Darrah won also...anyone than Lill and Jon

12-13-03, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaBulldog Click to send private message to DaBulldog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Battle for Lil"
>>>I still think Sandra was innocent and surprised with the Rupert vote, you see how pissed off she was at Jon afterwards?

Surprised at what? They already knew that the others were going to vote against Rupert. That was when Sandra had overheard them saying this. That is when she went to Rupert and told him. Of course she didn't mention herself of doing the Xact same thing did she? Again, they "THOUGHT" they had Lil voting with them against Darrah. That would have been 4-4 tie with Rupert or Darrah going out. If Lil had done so, and Sandra hadn't turned on Rupert.........Darrah would have been out of there. But.......Lil lied and Sandra voted for Jon. In other words, Sandra wasn't shocked one single bit. She knew that since there were "8" people there, that there were still "4" people voting for Rupert. Well.........without her vote, and going towards Jon....that would just leave 3 for Darrah at the most wouldn't it? Sandra very well "KNEW" what she was doing. Again, without her vote, that left 3 at the most for Darrah and 4 for Rupert. She knew Xactly what she was doing.

At the same time, that night they had to show all of the votes. I'm still surprised that Rupert hasn't figured this out yet. Christa at the same time. In other words, only two votes were there for Darrah. Christa knew she voted for Darrah and so did Rupert.........ding ding ding ding ding........there goes the bell. Somebody didn't hold up their end of the deal.

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Battle for Lil"
ok i agree that Sandra probably wanted Rupert out as well even though im not sure if that would truely help her later on ebcause her and Christa could've easily been picked off right after

BUT

whether Christa and Rupert know about the boot, it doesn't matter because Sandra is pretty much the only person left in the game that they would root for to win and would vote for, so technically, it wouldn't matter if they found out or not...

12-14-03, 00:02 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Battle for Lil"
They probably haven't put two and two together yet. That is Christa and Rupert. Lil......I wouldn't see Rupert voting for since she voted against him that night while telling him otherwise. I could "possiblly" see him voting for Darrah. That's just possiblly.

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Battle for Lil"
OK - I respectfully disagree, but I don't have the time to rewind and replay the episode in question. However, my memory is that Rupert et al thought they had a solid Drake plus Lil alliance going against T and Darrah. What Sandra overheard was considered "later in the game" strategy by her and Rupert - she heard the boys bragging that they had Lil in their pocket. She was thinking, When it's down to six, they are going to turn on us big time. Rupert planned to grill Lil to ensure that there was no alternative strategy yet in play, which Lil (deceitfully) agreed (yes, no alternative, still us six against Morgan). Right before TC, Rupert meets with Sandra, Christa and boys on beach to also get their re-affirmation - yeah, we are taking out Darrah tonight, right on, fist hits, hand shakes, etc.

Sandra throws a vote at Jon for two possible reasons - one: she hates Jon (does a vote "hurt" a psycopath?), and/or two: when it is six left, if it is a tie, maybe another prior vote could hurt Jon.

I don't believe at all that Sandra knew it might be a four-four tie. She has always believed Jon's lies - he is apparently very persuasive.

IMHO.

Also, Sandra's vote made no difference, since 5-2-1 or 5-3 is the same result. I just don't think she ever considered that it might be 4-4, and in fact, that was never a real possibility, since Lil was always going to vote with Jon and Burton.

12-13-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Battle for Lil"
>Loree, I don't see why Jon
>or Burton would have such
>nasty Qs for Lill (except
>in their delusions of grandeur).
> She knows that they
>were the two who voted
>to boot her. Any
>sort of betrayal question from
>J&B would be met with
>howls of derisive laughter from
>all around.
>
>

Well Burton already had nasty words against Lil when he left. So I doubt he will be lovin' her anymore when he gets to the final TC. And Jon will feel betrayed by her too. It may not be right for them to feel this way. But they are going to blame Lil. Burton and Jon feel they carried Lil to the end and then she used her innocent Scoutmaster look to lie to them when she kept insisting she couldn't lie. Jon is the type that figures when you lie you admit you are a snake. But Lil didn't do it their way. She moaned and cried and most won't feel she deserved to be in the final.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-13-03, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Battle for Lil"
I happen to like Lil. She did not say she could not lie, she said she did not like to lie. AS for all this garbage of her telling those two jerks that she was in with them, she was, fully, till they started showing her their true colors. They thought she was so dumb that they could show her how mistrustfull they were and she would stay.

Be honest, if you saw the people you were in an aliance with tell lie after lie with out batting an eye you would start questioning everything too.

As for getting hard questions, there is not a person on that jury that did not lie and deserve to have hard questions thrown at them, including Rupert, and I like him but he too would have deserved some hard questions, like his little fit throwing.

I really would like to see a Darrah/Lil final two.

A PheonixMon Original

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Battle for Lil"
completely agree SL! (at least up to the D/L F2 bit)

I sure hope Lill has the guts to throw any nasty questions she gets right back in the jurors faces. I don't think she does, but I hope, especially if she's in the F2 with Duhruh

DMNW!!!

JanetSTL 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-13-03, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JanetSTL Click to send private message to JanetSTL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Battle for Lil"
I love Lil!! I usually don't post on the spoiler board but I feel I need to now. I think Lil has played a great game , and I totally agree with you SaphireLady, Lil said once she saw they would screw over Darrah what would stop them from screwing over her. She played it smart by going to the other women and booting Burton. I hope she wins, oh and I really don't see what the big deal is about Darrah, I don't like her...sure shes cute but I don't think she would've lasted this long if she hadn't won all those immunities. Just my opinion though. I would rather see Sandra in the F2 than Darrah. I just can't understand why there is so little face time for Darrah in all the episodes, maybe it's because CBS would have to put in subtitles to translate what she is saying (joking).

12-13-03, 02:34 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Battle for Lil"
> oh and I really
>don't see what the big
>deal is about Darrah,

>but I don't think she
>would've lasted this long if
>she hadn't won all those
>immunities.

That is exactly the reason I think Darah does deserve to win. She has won all those immunities. She didn't always sit back and do nothing. She got out there and saved herself when she had to. Sandra certainly didn't do it in the challenges. Everyone does what they have to in order to save themselves. Some people compete, some lie, some try and make themselves useful. Others fall into the right alliances.

JanetSTL 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-13-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JanetSTL Click to send private message to JanetSTL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Battle for Lil"
Interesting point. I'm still rooting for Lil though.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-13-03, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Battle for Lil"
I like Lil too. Not saying she is my favorite, but I would absolutely be OK with her winning.

Yes she has lied, while at the same time saying she has a problem with lying. And the "boys" think she rode their coattails. Why deny it was a good strategy, whether consciously or unconsciously chosen? Being the kind of person she is (which is basically honest) and yet being thrust in this game (where a person has to deceive in order to win), Lil has had to do things and take positions she was uncomfortable with. Why should everyone hate her so much for this? Of the final four, all have had their share of deception (even Darrah). Why should Lil be the one who is so extremely hated for this?

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-13-03, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Who betrayed who??"
Lil Betrayed Burton?? Please!!! I think I saw Lil's name on Burton's voting ballot, which would mean he betrayed her as well. "Let's vote out Sandra, because Lil, you are going to the final 3"

Now, he used Jon to help reinstore this fact, but BOTH he and Jon talked to Lil and told her that they were final 4 for sure, or final 3.

So, Burt's a bit hypocritical there.

They all betray each other, it's how the game is played.

12-13-03, 09:46 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Who betrayed who??"
I am not arguing that Burton is all innocent here. People play the game the way the see fit. However, Burton, Jon and Sandra don't whine and cry about not being able to lie and then LIE their *sses off! Lil started the game worring about her shirt being untucked. Then she starts telling Burton and Jon that she can't lie to get ahead in the game. From there it has been lie after lie that she tells! Then she cries and whines that she is not a good liar. HELLO....wake up and smell the coffee...Lil is lying just as much as anyone in the game and is doing a damn good job of it!

My point...don't say that your not lying WHEN you are!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Who betrayed who??"
Please don't get me wrong, I am NOT a Burton fan at all. I too was screaming about what a jackass he made of himself in talking about Lil's betrayal, but I did read somewhere(I'm sorry I read so many boards that I can't remember where I read it)that he was not going to vote for Lil until he heard whispers around the camp that she may betray him, and that is when he decided to vote for her. I agree that he may have seen what an ass he made of himself by saying that and this was his own form of spin control. However, I just thought it was worth mentioning that he had made this comment.

12-13-03, 01:19 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Who betrayed who??"
Exactly, you know...I was a Burton fan until his last episode and I thought he got a little to big for this britches (yes, I am in the South!). Yes you are correct in that he says Darrah told him that Lil had approached her to make an alliance to boot the guys.

Now, this may be Burton looking back and covering his *ss! Or, he may be telling the truth and he really did think that Lil had a new alliance. In which, he was right in Lil jumping ship and voting with the women.

EITHER WAY, LIL DID BETRAY HIM AND STAB HIM IN THE BACK!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-03, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Who betrayed who??"
Yeah but Jon and Burton went ahead and voted for Lillian -- if they had any hope of Lil siding with them by talking to her in the final hours before the vote, they should have voted for someone else (i.e. Sandra) and hoped that Lil would change her mind.

No, they went ahead and screwed Lil over with their vote in the hopes that SANDRA (or Darrah) would side with them against Lil. So, Burton's words is hypocritical, no matter what kind of spin he put on it in the post-boot interviews.

What did they think would happen if Lil did change her mind and voted for Sandra? We might have had a tie (2 for Lil, 1 for Sandra, 2 for Burton) and Lil would see the two votes against her and know the guys screwed her over -- and the guys would know they've lost her vote from that point on in the tiebreaker and Burton gets the boot when Lil switches her vote (Jiffy will ask the contestants for a revote before resorting to the purple rock or whatever half-assed scheme they come up with to break a tie).

Any way you slice it, it was a bonehead move by the guys to vote Lil and Burton's a hypocrite any way you look at it.

12-14-03, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Lil may be BRILLIANT"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-03 AT 02:42 AM (EST)

Okay, I see your point about Lil being whiney about lying, but it could be a BRILLIANT strategy!

"I am the frail, menopausal, scout leader who is 50 something, goes to church, doesn't lie, and gosh darn, I don't feel comfortable with all of this scheming stuff..."

What a GREAT play!! What a better cover than a perfect grandmother type to backstab, lie and cheat everyone? What if she is an amazing ocsar award winner here? What if she has more balls than Susan Hawk?? Hmmm???

It would be the mother of all twists/big lies!

And it would never happen, at least this time around, cuz Lil ain't got the Chutzpah (sorry my Jewish friends If I spelled it wrong).

12-14-03, 09:23 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT"
I will entertain this idea and it is a good one. However, I don't like whiney people like Lil is acting. I am not going to say it isn't a good idea butt I personally don't like it!

Just my thoughts...

12-14-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT"
Let's be honest, they all lied and they all backstabbed. I just don't understand how any of them could whine about the others doing exactly what they did. And I'm with you, I can't stand whiney people either. Funny thing is, Burton is whining more than Lil is at this point but he hides it behind a deep voice(opposed to Lil's high pitched whine) I think that when Burton got to LL they should have given him some good cheese to go with his whine. Lil's backstabbing of Burton is Burton's fault plain and simple. Had he been a better liar and not made Lil feel insecure about their alliance and had he not been so arrogant with everyone else, Lil probably wouldn't have switched alliances like she did.

12-14-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT"
I agree with most everything you say butt I will say that I believe his biggest mistake was taking Jon on the reward challenge and leaving the women alone to plot against them!

Missing_Rupert 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-14-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Missing_Rupert Click to send private message to Missing_Rupert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT"
I agree that Burtons biggest mistake was taking Jon on the Reward. He should have taken Lil.

I think the who betrayed who first is in your interpretation or the perception of the player. Lil felt betrayed because they wanted to vote out Duharrah. She thought she was in an alliance of four.

Burtons second big error was tipping his hand to Lil early that he wanted to vote out Duharrah. There was no need to do this, and he knew Lil was getting tight with D, and she moves on her emotions. Burton did not think he was doing anything wrong, because he only had an alliance of three. Duharrah was only along for a few days. But it is Lil's perception and her upredictable emotional response that Burton should have seen and planned for.

For the record, I do NOT think Lil is brilliant. And if she does make F2, she could be the only one in Survivor history to get 0 votes. As was mentioned above, for someone who doesn't lie, she did it well, and crossed almost everyone.

12-14-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT"
Oh I agree with you 100%. That was perhaps one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen in all seasons. His arrogance got in the way of his judgement and most definitely cost him.

12-14-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT"
The only thing is, Lil never told us, while being interviewed in front of the camera, that she was attempting to pull the wool over anybody's eyes. Just like Jon, Sandra, Rupert, etc.......always did. Lil isn't attempting to fool anybody. She is just a whining little lady.

12-14-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT"
The funniest thing of all is that Lil is actually fooling herself! She keeps talking about not being able to lie butt thinks nothing of it when she does! WHAT AN IDIOT!

12-14-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Lil may be BRILLIANT"
Oh, I do not actually think Lil is brilliant, it was just late night speculation. It would be an absolutely brilliant way to play the game. I don't think there is any way in hell she actually is doing it.

Okay, now I am getting repetitive. Do ya see what I am sayin' here?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •