The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christie's "compassion""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-08-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Christie's "compassion""
Today's show looked like a random sampling of Christie's growth. I didn't see much compassion, empathy, or sympathy in Christie today. I did see a pouting child who was trying to santize and repackage her bad mood by using words like "concern" and "defensive", so she could sell it to other offended HG's who were just waiting for a mouthpiece. Actually, Christie was displaying that same irritated "I have better things to do than this stupid assignment" attitude that I saw last week when the HG's had to search the house for playing cards. Does it have something to do with Christie having to rise from a sitting or reclining position and actually move around the house?

Wasn't it only a few days ago that Christy was on the verge of tears as she considered the possibility of Jodi leaving the house after Jodi received an A at the BOR? On that occasion, didn't Christie say something like this: "Jodi, you've shown a lot of growth. You've been so supportive of my 5K race - and you could have just tried to take it over."

So what happened to all of that compassion for Jodi? Well, I guess we have two choices: either Jodi has lost a significant amount of ground, and she has put her mask back on OR we are about to see another example of Christie's concern over the perceived character flaws of her house mates.

Let's see. Iyanla gives the women yet another irritating assignment with a time limit (a job list without the proper tools necessary to do the job). At first, everyone seems to putter around, but one woman, Jodi, actually begins to direct the assignment, breaking the jobs down. Christie's compassion surfaces:

"I'm thinking, 'who died and made Jodi boss here?' She seems like she continues to steamroll over us to take over and I'm really annoyed." And a little later, we see a confessional Christie. She has this to say: "I am so annoyed with this whole exercise with Jodi with her mask coming back...it's just, it's overwhelming and I'm done" (Hmmm...and when did Christie start? I missed that part - damn editing again...)

After Jodi leaves the room to find another door to work on, Christie is in her favorite position - sitting. Knowing that the coast is clear, we see that compassion kick in again, and Christie addresses the other slugs: "I'm getting really frustrated with her (Jodi), and I don't know how to handle it without being defensive". (Forget defensive - maybe she should first try to handle it on her own without trying to gain back-up support from other people) And then we have Cassie (who is looking rather out of it lately, IMO) piping in with, "because everytime I tried to say something this morning, she (Jodi) attacks me!" "Attacks" her? Is Cassie referring to the faucet job? Maybe Cassie felt crowded and overpowered by Jodi, who is far brighter than Cassie - but "attacked"? I wouldn't say Jodi attacked her.

Thank goodness Sommer is on hand to help Christie channel all of her compassion and concern. Sommer tries to be diplomatic, but ends up offering little more than nothing. I wonder at this point, what is so difficult about pulling Jodi aside, and without using sarcasm as her shield, why can't Christie just tell Jodi what it is about Jodi's behavior that is eating away at Christie today? Actually, why didn't Christie do that before testing the waters with the rest of the group? Is this concept really that ground-breaking?

Christie, Sommer, and Cassie all stand watching Jodi and the toolbelt divas working on the assignment. Cassie is lamenting the fact that "this" can't go on for the entire assignment and asks, "what do we do?" And then we see it - all of the whispering and collaboration culminates in this mature resolution: "You just let us know when you want us to come in, cause you're in charge, essentially", says Christie to Jodi. Oh that was healing...that was building a bridge - not a wall (insert eyeroll here).

Later, Christie confronts Jodi, (or more likely, Jodi confronted Christie) and Christie is saying that she won't be bossed around. Jodi says that no one was bossing her around. Now here is that compassion again, that striving to understand and help the other person: "well if you were or if you weren't, that was where I was coming out of...I was annoyed" (translation: what about me, what about me, what about me?) Back to the confessional, we see Christie saying, Although I've been annoyed with Jodi today, I love and care about her SO MUCH, that I don't want to see her slide back into old behavior and old patterns, so I really feel like I must bring it to her attention. Christie does just that, "I don't know how to talk to you without having to feel like I'm sacrificing what I'm trying to tell you, and I don't want to bring anybody else up, but I am not the only one who was frustrated." (translation: "I'm the mature one. I'm the spokeswoman of the group")

Jodi's answer was on target: "I am not going to change who I am for people. Relinquishing and allowing other people to step up? Yes, most definitely. And I have. I just wish that you could have as much compassion for me as I see you having with other people...and I don't, and I've said this to you before. I really feel like if I don't come at you the way it works for you, we got issues".

Christie can call her talk whatever she wants, but it doesn't fit any definition of compassion that I've seen. And you know what? You guys are right. Maybe it's best to find somebody else to take care of Christie's brother after all. There's no problem with her getting on the phone, filling out paperwork, finding out what options her brother has, and getting the ball rolling. That would be nice.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Christie's "compassion"   snowflake2     05-02-06       
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   tvfun     05-02-06     1  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   Juliejo     05-02-06     2  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   annie828     05-02-06     3  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   standinmytruth     05-02-06     4  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   MizJazmine     05-02-06     5  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   possibilities     05-03-06     9  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   sillybear     05-02-06     6  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   EMTBGRL     05-03-06     7  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   26mitogo     05-03-06     8  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   kristin830     05-06-06     10  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   SeasonedRefinement     05-07-06     11  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-07-06     15  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   snowflake2     05-07-06     18  
                 RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-08-06     25  
                 RE: Christie's "compassion"   SeasonedRefinement     05-09-06     33  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   sillybear     05-07-06     13  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   JustBNMe     05-07-06     12  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-07-06     14  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   EMTBGRL     05-07-06     16  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-07-06     17  
                 WARNING - UWSider   Cygnus X1     05-08-06     28  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   00fun     05-08-06     19  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   snowflake2     05-08-06     20  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   annie828     05-08-06     21  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   Baxtera     05-08-06     22  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   snowflake2     05-08-06     23  
                 RE: Christie's "compassion"   Baxtera     05-08-06     24  
                     RE: Christie's "compassion"   SeasonedRefinement     05-08-06     30  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-08-06     27  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-08-06     26  
             WARNING- UWSider   mysticwolf     05-08-06     29  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   Twinkles     05-08-06     31  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   maryellennaco     05-08-06     32  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   Baxtera     05-09-06     34  
                 RE: Christie's "compassion"   EMTBGRL     05-09-06     35  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   annie828     05-12-06     36  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   maryellennaco     05-19-06     37  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   geminirose     05-19-06     38  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   maryellennaco     05-23-06     39  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   young_black_sista06     05-23-06     40  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   SOfan0221     05-23-06     41  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   Redbud     05-24-06     42  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   maryellennaco     05-24-06     43  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   SeasonedRefinement     05-24-06     44  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •