The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christie's "compassion""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-07-06, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Christie's "compassion""
empathy:
Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motives.
The attribution of one's own feelings to an object.

sympathy:
A relationship or an affinity between people or things in which whatever affects one correspondingly affects the other.
Mutual understanding or affection arising from this relationship or affinity.
The act or power of sharing the feelings of another.
A feeling or an expression of pity or sorrow for the distress of another; compassion or commiseration.

compassion:

Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it.

SeasonedRefinement wrote: <<I am having a difficult time reconciling the fact that Christy, a 30 year old-woman, is lodging in a large house in LA reaching her goals while her own flesh and blood, a minor no less, is in a dire physical and emotional situation.
Is Christie the same woman who stood transfixed as she listened to Iyanla working with Niambi the other day? As Iyanla roleplayed as Niambi's mother, Niambi was on the receiving end of some very hurtful sentiments and insults that were being delivered in the harshest of tones. I heard Christie say, "No child should have to hear the things that WE heard growing up (referring to Niambi and herself)" and then she turned around and left the room in tears.>>

UWSider wrote: <<But I disagree anyway, I think Christie is indeed compassionate. She is moved to help others in that she is one of the few housemates that is actually open and supportive of the women almost all of the time. She is seldom too wrapped up in her own stuff not to listen to the others or give a word of encouragement,a shoulder to cry on, etc. AND she does it while being kind and without bad-mouthing anyone else.>>
--------------------------------------------------------

I have to agree with SeasonedRefinement on this one...

If compassion is being aware of the suffering of others combined with a wish to relieve it, I just don't see that in Christie. Christie has a place to live...is she taking her mother in so she doesn't have to be "homeless"? Why does Rhonda have to force Christie to decide what she's going to do about the brother before she leaves the SOH? Isn't her "compassion" motivation enough? Christie says <<"No child should have to hear the things that WE heard growing up (referring to Niambi and herself)">>. I think Christie was only feeling sorry for herself here, not Niambi or her brother. I guess it's okay for her brother to "hear" those things...Christie doesn't need to be tied down with him when she has a futile pursuit of a career as a "supermodel" to plan.

And I feel Christie does badmouth others while expressing her "concern" for them, or delivering backhanded compliments..."I'm soooo concerned for Niambi if she is called up for BOR"...because here is a list of all her faults..."Jodi, I want to thank you for all your help with my 5K...even though you tried to take it over"..."Kim, I am so concerned because I think you have a drinking problem"...although I believe her real motivation was removing her own temptation.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Christie's "compassion"   snowflake2     05-02-06       
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   tvfun     05-02-06     1  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   Juliejo     05-02-06     2  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   annie828     05-02-06     3  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   standinmytruth     05-02-06     4  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   MizJazmine     05-02-06     5  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   possibilities     05-03-06     9  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   sillybear     05-02-06     6  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   EMTBGRL     05-03-06     7  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   26mitogo     05-03-06     8  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   kristin830     05-06-06     10  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   SeasonedRefinement     05-07-06     11  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-07-06     15  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   snowflake2     05-07-06     18  
                 RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-08-06     25  
                 RE: Christie's "compassion"   SeasonedRefinement     05-09-06     33  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   sillybear     05-07-06     13  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   JustBNMe     05-07-06     12  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-07-06     14  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   EMTBGRL     05-07-06     16  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-07-06     17  
                 WARNING - UWSider   Cygnus X1     05-08-06     28  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   00fun     05-08-06     19  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   snowflake2     05-08-06     20  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   annie828     05-08-06     21  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   Baxtera     05-08-06     22  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   snowflake2     05-08-06     23  
                 RE: Christie's "compassion"   Baxtera     05-08-06     24  
                     RE: Christie's "compassion"   SeasonedRefinement     05-08-06     30  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-08-06     27  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   UWSider     05-08-06     26  
             WARNING- UWSider   mysticwolf     05-08-06     29  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   Twinkles     05-08-06     31  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   maryellennaco     05-08-06     32  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   Baxtera     05-09-06     34  
                 RE: Christie's "compassion"   EMTBGRL     05-09-06     35  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   annie828     05-12-06     36  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   maryellennaco     05-19-06     37  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   geminirose     05-19-06     38  
   RE: Christie's "compassion"   maryellennaco     05-23-06     39  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   young_black_sista06     05-23-06     40  
     RE: Christie's "compassion"   SOfan0221     05-23-06     41  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   Redbud     05-24-06     42  
             RE: Christie's "compassion"   maryellennaco     05-24-06     43  
         RE: Christie's "compassion"   SeasonedRefinement     05-24-06     44  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •