The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not really PC of me ..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-05-04, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not really PC of me ..."
Just a wee bit of pondering. Will the producers allow special accomodations to our Little Person competitor for some of the challenges? There is the Federal law called IDEA (Individuals With Exceptional Needs) that stipulates such things as wheel chair ramps, Braille signage, extra wide restroom stalls, etc.

Most of the Race takes place outside of the United States, so maybe the law doesn't apply. Or perhaps since it is incorporated in the US the law does ...

Maybe the individual involved signed a waiver (which would put her in a major disadvantage IMHO).

Just musing ... or rampling ... must really miss TAR.

sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not really PC of me ... Horatio 06-06-04 1
 I hope not realitybites 06-06-04 2
 RE: Not really PC of me ... tribephyl 06-06-04 3
   RE: Not really PC of me ... PepeLePew13 06-14-04 7
 WTF? qwertypie 06-07-04 4
   RE: WTF? Horatio 06-07-04 5
 RE: Not really PC of me ... Estee 06-11-04 6
 RE: Not really PC of me ... KeithFan 06-14-04 8
 RE: Not really PC of me ... MsShel330 06-15-04 9
   RE: Not really PC of me ... Redemption 07-09-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Horatio 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-06-04, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Horatio Click to send private message to Horatio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not really PC of me ..."
Even if they accomodated, I think the 'little person' fully understood the challenges and was ready to overcome them. I doubt we'll see any interferences.

----------------------------

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-06-04, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I hope not"
As far as I can tell, no accommodations have been made for contestants in the past for who they were, and I hope that none were made this time around.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-04, 04:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not really PC of me ..."
SurvivorAmazon had, Christy, a "hearing challenged" person and there was definitely no "speed-signer" at challenges or moreso a "Night-Visioned speed-signer" during all of her missed, late night, conversations round the camp-fire.

No Special cases taken with Shakes and his Love Cruise stint either.

In short...
I don't think that any causes will be taken-up on behalf ...
of the halfling.

Truly,
the cause should be her's
to conquer alone.

PepeLePew13 26132 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-04, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not really PC of me ..."
"hearing challenged?"

"speed-signer?"

sigh.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention." Tom Peters

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-04, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "WTF?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-04 AT 00:24 AM (EST)

What's this about little people competing? Is this confirmed?
La Vida es un Tango!
ETA: Found the link in Spoilers.

Horatio 50 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Horatio Click to send private message to Horatio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WTF?"
Um yeah...pretty much.

----------------------------

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Not really PC of me ..."
Properly-sized equipment, and that's probably it. At any stop where the teams have to don event outfits (cave exploration, hang gliding, etc), they'll have something there in her size, along with items she can carry and use without difficulty (bicycle, miner's pickaxe). They'll level the playing field that much, but no more.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-04, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Not really PC of me ..."

They didn't make any provisions for Flo's lack of humanity, so...

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-15-04, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not really PC of me ..."
But where would you buy a soul?

Redemption 57 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 03:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not really PC of me ..."
The midget needs some rollerblades or something so she can get the fat ##### waddling a bit faster.

Not to be PIC but c'mon.

And how are they not disqualified for having that guy carry their bags for them? Doesn't seem right to me. (I pity the person whom has to eat the midget and whiners meat after dropping it about a thousand times)

Oh, help me help me. Stop your whining. its a friggin race.

(oh, and for the love of god, confiscate the whistle)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •