The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"losing faith"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

andi01 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-29-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail andi01 Click to send private message to andi01 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"losing faith"
I am a real world fanatic, however, I am very disappointed with this seasons cast. I am not a huge fan of Philadelphia, of course I still watch it because I love the RW. This season has been so boring compared to the others, I am disappointed and hoping that Austin returns my faith in the show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: losing faith DaveThe Dude 12-30-04 1
 RE: losing faith RealityRyan 12-30-04 2
 RE: losing faith volsfan 12-30-04 3
   RE: losing faith fairyprincess 12-30-04 4
       RE: losing faith batts 12-30-04 5
           RE: losing faith volsfan 12-30-04 6
           RE: losing faith motormouth 01-02-05 7
               RE: losing faith DaveThe Dude 01-03-05 8
                   RE: losing faith Rone 01-03-05 9
                       RE: losing faith DaveThe Dude 01-03-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-30-04, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: losing faith"
Yes, you are right: This season of The Real World is indeed very disappointing. We can only hope that the interesting city of Austin and maybe a few big changes at MTV will end up giving a decent RW season. This current season in Philly blows.

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-30-04, 03:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: losing faith"
Yeah, I don't think I've ever hated a cast as much as I hate this one... I completely loath Shavonda, Karamo, Landon, MJ, and Melanie for various reasons... Willy is tolerable and I actually like Sarah- she's really the only reason I watch the show

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-30-04, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: losing faith"
I find the editing to be horrible! There have been 4-6 week runs that someone isn't even given TV time. There is no reason for any week to go without seeing everyone in the house.

The whole Karamo lvoe interest this season only lasted a week or so yet we were shown them meeting and then 6 shows later they ended their "relationship".

TERRIBLE.TERRIBLE.EDITING!

fairyprincess 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-30-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fairyprincess Click to send private message to fairyprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: losing faith"
I totally agree. I have watched this show from the very beginning...I mean the series Real World. I dont' know if it's because I'm getting older and this show seems to be more geared toward yungins', but I find it sooooooo boring this season. The cast is not exciting, they don't DO anything exciting and the editing is awful. It seems like they try to create drama because there is none going on!

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-30-04, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: losing faith"
scroll here--> I know how you feel but now that they are filming here in austin, I'm gettin kindof exited. I wonder if webby could add my DAW'ness rank if I lurked in a camera shot with the real worlders lol instead of newbie '300' make it '3000'? what can I say..... im such a desparate attention whore lol.......

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-30-04, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: losing faith"
Honey, you get us some good spoilers and your newbie status will immediately disappear!

Have you found the house they will be staying?

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-02-05, 04:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: losing faith"
Ooohh! I agree with vols! Keep us posted on what's going on there, hopefully next season has some excitement to make up for what this season lacks!!

*Courtesy of IceCat*

01-03-05, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: losing faith"
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-05 AT 01:19 AM (EST)

I think that MTV used to cast RW house mates in a different way. In the old days there were 7 strangers who were all very different from one another. Now, it seems they just want to throw together 7 people who have differing kinds of "issues." Rather than being "real people," now we have 7 different kinds of people with problems, and MTV thinks that the interaction, competition, and (ultimately) friction between the different kinds of personal shortcomings will create an interesting season. Well, the experiment has been a dismal failure! I think it all was much more interesting when they kept the blatant losers, and the blatant idiots off the show, and they cast people who were interesting yet reasonably normal. Hasn't anyone noticed that the Philly cast members don't like Melanie, and yet she is the only one who seems reasonably normal? They don't like her because she seems to be the only one who doesn't have major intelligence deficiencies, and she doesn't have any major issues. They hate her because she is the outcast, and she is the outcast not because she is bad, but because she is so normal (or at least normal compared to nitwits like Shavonda and morons like MJ).

Rone 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-03-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rone Click to send private message to Rone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: losing faith"
Real World has never been "REAL", in the beginning, it was scripted. they made cast members say things, if the camera didn't catch it the first time, made them do things over for the camera, the producers coach them in a sense on what to say in the confessional room. In fact, most reality shows are fake, in the sense, that there is little to no reality in them.
If you have noticed, that over the years BMP puts people that on either RR/RW that have great camera presence, that basically they are looking for actors. That you can see that in the shows, that they are acting. Any of the RR/RW Challenges, you will see these castmembers act. The better actor you are, the more camera time you get. Eric Nies used a prop ( the jump rope), and he got a lot of air time. Others, who are not good actors, like Dan, got very little air time.
If you ever meet some of these people, you will realize that a lot of what you see on tv, is acting, that they are totally different, when there isn't a camera nearby.
If you want a true Reality program, watch COPS.

01-03-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
10. "RE: losing faith"
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-05 AT 11:32 PM (EST)

I realize some of this is scripted, and that the MTV people try to encourage certain situations, but they have currently been doing a really bad job of it. The first few seasons were soooo much better and more "real." What they're doing now is horrendous.
I still think Austin could be much better. We can only hope.This might be their last opportunity before The Real World becomes an official dinasaur.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •