The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sandra's bigger lie"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-03-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sandra's bigger lie"

Was Jon's "Dead Grandma" the Big Lie? Or was Sandra's "Christa spilled the fish" a bigger lie?

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article3870.art&page=1" target="_blank">RNO says it better than I can:

I think the big lie was Sandra’s. If what Jon said was true that his Grandmother would be proud of him then he got himself a little reward and garnered a little sympathy. Sandra on the other hand sabotaged her tribe’s food supply in an incredibly juvenile moment and allowed Christa to take the heat for that. That, to me, is far less forgivable. Sandra’s lie had a victim and the extent of the repercussions are as yet unknown. Will it shorten Christa’s time on the island? Possibly. Will it come back to haunt Christa should she make Final 2? Absolutely.

Jon's was pretty despicable, but I think Sandra is worse.

New sigpic courtesy of the lovely and talented JSlice/Thanks, Woe, for the lights!
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sandra's bigger lie mistofleas 12-03-03 1
   RE: Sandra's bigger lie nailbone 12-03-03 2
       RE: Sandra's bigger lie mistofleas 12-03-03 3
           RE: Sandra's bigger lie Brownroach 12-03-03 5
           RE: Sandra's bigger lie nailbone 12-03-03 10
               RE: Sandra's bigger lie okaloosajohn 12-03-03 13
                   RE: Sandra's bigger lie nailbone 12-04-03 27
 RE: Sandra's bigger lie KeithFan 12-03-03 4
   In defense of Sandra tamarama 12-03-03 6
       BAH!!!! nailbone 12-03-03 11
           Okey Dokey... tamarama 12-03-03 12
               RE: Okey Dokey... nailbone 12-03-03 16
   RE: Sandra's bigger lie KObrien_fan 12-03-03 7
       RE: Sandra's bigger lie KeithFan 12-03-03 14
           RE: Sandra's bigger lie Spanky68 12-03-03 20
               Tijuana got her own self booted... Brownroach 12-03-03 24
 RE: Sandra's bigger lie I_AM_HE 12-03-03 8
 RE: Sandra's bigger lie pdragonfly 12-03-03 9
   RE: Sandra's bigger lie KeithFan 12-03-03 15
 RE: Sandra's bigger lie DoodleBug 12-03-03 17
 Jon is the bigger lie esquire 12-03-03 18
   RE: Jon is the bigger lie mistofleas 12-03-03 19
       RE: Jon is the bigger lie Loquatrix 12-03-03 21
 random thoughts Oscirus 12-03-03 22
 Bigger lie than Jon OR Sandra KeithFan 12-03-03 23
   RE: Bigger lie than Jon OR Sandra Goooey_Alley 12-03-03 25
 RE: Sandra's bigger lie Ra_8secs 12-03-03 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-03 AT 11:19 AM (EST)

You link didn't work so I fixed it for you:
Link.

--is being helpful today

12-03-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"

Thank you, love.

New sigpic courtesy of the lovely and talented JSlice/Thanks, Woe, for the lights!
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-
I .heart. Misto!!

12-03-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
Not a problem sugar blossom -

As far as Sandra being the big liar while there are certain aspects to the article that I agree with, the whole speculation is based upon Sandra's lie having an affect on the outcome of the game. JP has been quoted as saying the BL doesn't have a bearing on the end game.

--needs another focus

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
Also, JP said the Big Lie was told to the other tribemembers and they believed it. Sandra's "lie" was a case of NOT saying anything and letting Christa take the heat.

What Sandra did was a lot stupider than what Jon did though.

Ok, you can refocus now, Misto.

12-03-03, 01:52 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
>Not a problem sugar blossom -
>
I love it when you call me that!!

>--needs another focus

Focus on me!!!!

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-03-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
Sheesh! Get a room!

12-04-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"

Mmmmmm.....now there's an idea...

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
I think Jon's was the bigger whopper in a "Paul Bunyan" kind of way, and it did take more foresight, planning, and execution in order to pull it off. But, to his credit nobody actually gets harmed from his tall tale.

Sandra's lie hurt Christa, so I would have to give the nod to Sandra's lie being the worst, but not the biggest.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-03-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "In defense of Sandra"
While I agree that Sandra's lie was stinky, she at least lied, more or less, by accident --

She didn't plan for anyone to blame Christa, she just kept her mouth shut to save her own hide -- and who can really blame her for that?

Granted, she could possibly have come up with a story about it being an accident or something like that -- but I doubt if that would have been believed.

And she did seem to be a little upset about it -- she said "I'm in a bind..." about it.

12-03-03, 01:55 PM (EST)
11. "BAH!!!!"

>
>She didn't plan for anyone to
>blame Christa, she just kept
>her mouth shut to save
>her own hide -- and
>who can really blame her
>for that?
>
I can blame her!! She screwed up, she needs to 'fess up, instead of just letting Christa twist in the wind like that! And I can't believe Christa is still hanging around and allying with her!

>
>And she did seem to be
>a little upset about it
>-- she said "I'm in
>a bind..." about it.

But not upset enough to actually DO anything about it.

Scummy beotch.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-03-03, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Okey Dokey..."
Wouldn't you try to save your own behind for $1M?

Don't we snigger & sneer at Survivors who go on about being honest & act shocked that they may be required to lie?

12-03-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Okey Dokey..."

I don't mind the "I'm not going to vote for you" kinda lie, but this doesn't fall in that category. Sandra, IMO, is just mean. And if Christa goes next because of it, I'll despise her even more.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-03 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

I think Jon's was the bigger whopper in a "Paul Bunyan" kind of way, and it did take more foresight, planning, and execution in order to pull it off. But, to his credit nobody actually gets harmed from his tall tale.

Sandra's lie hurt Christa, so I would have to give the nod to Sandra's lie being the worst, but not the biggest.

I respectfully disagree. John's lie got him the reward, though it wasn't a great reward for him to be alone in camp with his buddy thunder Dan, it could have been a very useful reward for Lill to spend night with husband Lonnie, or Christa to spend the night with fiance' Peter etc... The morale boost from being with a loved one and talking out things helps refresh a person, and no value can be put on what John's lie took away from any of the others who might have won reward fair and square.

Secondly, he professed to be a changed man. He convinced Sandra and Christa to trust him yet again by swearing on his Grandmother, and it hurt T directly because she became the boot. Since his character can no longer "lie" he may gain more this week from it as it looks that Christa is in the running for a boot. (Christa's boot may actually be a combination of Sandra's witholding and John's BL so that could balance and be considered equal damage.)

12-03-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-03 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

Point well taken, but the people out there have to know that there is a big fat "buyer beware" with anything that happens with Jon. He may have conviced them to vote with him this week, but they may have anyways, given the logic for his picking of T.

Maybe my choice of words should have been "less direct impact", because Sandra's lie put a big huge target square on her back, and may have been more of a reason for her to vote "T" instead of Burton to make up for something she didn't do. I don't think it would have been good for Christa to be off by herself at that point, they would have plotted against her because of the fish.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
Jon's lie also got T booted. B/c if he hadn't added the "swear on my grandma" part, I'm not sure S/C would've voted to keep Burton.

about the fish, so many posters have said "fish loss was catastrophic" and some of them have also said "big deal, Rupe can catch fish". Well you can't have it both ways. If fish are easy to come by, then the fish Sandra wasted could be easily replaced. Thus it is a small thing to actually waste them.

I do agree, however, that Sandra owed it to Christa to not let HER take the heat. Of course, she couldn't misdirect much, b/c the Rupert-ousters all KNEW they hadn't been dumping fish, thus it had to be either her or Christa. So it wasn't like she could say "Jon dumped them to blame Christa" with any real credibility.

One unforseen consequence of Jon's putrid lie was that, for a while, he is above criticism. On the island at least, if you blame him for ANYTHING too soon after the lie, everyone will think you are "piling on" a grieving player. What a scumbag!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Tijuana got her own self booted..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-03 AT 06:50 PM (EST)

...by telling Jon that the girls were going to vote out Burton, when it was totally unnecessary and STUPID to do so. Of course Jon went scurrying to regroup. If he was able to use the lie to clinch the deal with Sandra and Christa, that was just an unforeseen benefit of it.

If T had kept her mouth shut she'd still be there and Burton would be gone, lie or no lie.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
disagree, for the reasons others have already given, plus the previews clearly referred to jon's lie, imho, plus the "grandmother of all lies" bit, so that was the intended lie

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-03-03, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
I was one of the people that thought that the BL would be about the food. And when Sandra confessed that she blundered and then got out of her mess, I was satisfied with it being the BL.

However, when Jon and his buddy started talking about how their plan worked out, I did said to myself M...F... they guessed it!! So, I'm going to have to stick with Jon being the Big Fat Liar and bow to those that guessed it.

Personally, I rather have Jon be the villian, since that's what he set out to be/do, as per one of his interviews.

12-03-03, 02:47 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
I think they both make me say M...F...., only Jon's was so brash it has to be the BL.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
When I saw Sandra confess to the camera, I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. I was shocked. Did she lie? No, she withheld information... which is just as sneaky as lying because Christa was chewed out by her tribe.

The big lie though..... that was Jon and his bad acting. And when that happened? I just said figures.

Oh, and congratulated Misto.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-03-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Jon is the bigger lie"
I got to disagree with those of you that think Sandra is the bigger liar. Sandra did not tell a lie. As far as we know, she didn't say a thing or do anything that would lead the others believe Krista was the guilty party. There is a difference between purposely saying something false and not telling others that they have drawn the wrong conclusions. Staying quiet and letting others draw incorrect conclusions is not telling a lie. Letting someone else take the blame for soemthing you did is not exactly the nicest thing in the world to do, but it just shows a lack of character

On the other hand Jon knowingly told a lie. He planned this lie for a long time. He remembered it during the month that the game has been played and it fact had to get his buddy to tell him about grandma during the challenge.

Sandra told no lies. Jon is a big fat liar.

12-03-03, 04:31 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Jon is the bigger lie"
Staying quiet and letting others draw incorrect conclusions is not telling a lie.

In the law biz we call this being "less than candid". Technically, (in a legal sense) it's not a lie. In the moral, higher ground kind of sense...it's a lie.

Not a BIG lie, but it's a lie.

--thinks Jon's lie was far far worse than Sandra and her less than candid moment

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-03-03, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jon is the bigger lie"
Lying by omission is just as much "lying" as coming straight out and actively speaking falsehoods. Where there's an opportunity to be truthful but one chooses not to take that opportunity, that's just as much an active choice and moral judgment as choosing to say something that is not true.

Jon's lie is "The Big Lie" we have all been talking about, but for all intents and purposes Sandra is just as much a liar as Jon is. Not that there's anything wrong with lying in a game for a million dollars. None of them really have the right to get their knickers in a knot when they find out they've been lied to. No competitor owes any other competitor a duty of care in that way, and they should all expect to be lied to in the course of the game.

Taking a moral standpoint on it and reacting with outrage is all well and good, but it's clear that what people are REALLY complaining about is suffering some gameplay injury as a result of being lied to before they had the chance to improve their own position by similar means.

I like the liars and I like that some people are so credulous that they'll believe basically everything they hear -- even in a game for a million dollars! It's fun to see players pay the price for this self-righteous expectation of "morality" on the part of the other players.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-03-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "random thoughts"
is playing the game shes a good counterpart but not a star
ironically this is the second time that she has used Jons strategy of starting some s*** then get away from it
Jons a villan that weve finally been waiting for the snake and sandra is turning out to be the rat so let the snake eat the rat

sorry for babbling im gone now

12-03-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
23. "Bigger lie than Jon OR Sandra"
Fire means life..brak,brak...as long as you have fire you are still in the game..brak,brak..the 3rd person voted out of Survivor Pearl Islands..brak,brak..the 4th person voted out of Survivor Pearl Islands..

Jon and Sandra pale in comparison.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-03-03, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Bigger lie than Jon OR Sandra"
Not only a BIG LIE but a BIG REGRET for most players...

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-03-03, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Sandra's bigger lie"
It's a double double. Sandra, Jon, T., almost everybody lied at some point in this episode.

-- Ra, as fast as light

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •