The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I was in Darrah's hometown"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-29-03, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I was in Darrah's hometown"
of Liberty, Mississippi on Friday the 28th. I grilled every one of my husband's family on what they knew about Darrah.

Now, what I have to report is not so earth-shattering given the recent revelation by Survivor Phoenix that Darrah makes the final 2. I just thought y'all might be interested in a few little tidbits I found out.

My husband's Aunt Catherine was a gold mine of info. She knows Darrah and saw her no more than 6 weeks ago. Aunt C said that the rumor is that a friend of Darrah's asked her how she did in the game. The friend said "I know you are under contract to not talk about the game, but what can you tell me?" And Darrah said "Mom and Dad would be proud." Now, you can take that anyway you want to. I'm sure her mom and dad are proud that she has made the final 6. But for me, that just added fuel to the final 2 fire.

I was stunned when Aunt C told me that Darrah's grandmother passed away about 6 weeks ago. Aunt C saw Darrah at the funeral home when she went for visitation. Darrah walked up to her and said "Hey Miss Catherine." Bradley was with her. Darrah's grandmother had found out she had cancer only 10 days before she passed away. Not sure if that was the cause of her death. But her grandmother was alive and well while Darrah was taping the show. It's a shame that her grandmother did not live to see Darrah win, I mean, finish the game.

And that makes Jon even more despicable, doesn't it?

And lastly, one of my husband's cousin's teenage sons (Ryan) has friends that go to the high school where Darrah attended. They told him that Darrah is driving a Hummer. I said "Does anyone else in Liberty drive a Hummer?" Ryan said "Not that I know of." Such an automobile cannot be inexpensive, eh?

That's about it. I am hoping after the show is over to maybe meet Darrah at some point when we are visiting family down that way. Woo Hoo!

Yes, I am trying to extend my 15 minutes of spoiling fame.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I was in Darrah's hometown Cuauhtewatemoccajava 11-30-03 1
   RE: I was in Darrah's hometown I_AM_HE 11-30-03 3
       RE: I was in Darrah's hometown bebekid 11-30-03 6
   RE: I was in Darrah's hometown I_Got_Nutn 11-30-03 5
 RE: I was in Darrah's hometown Smooth23 11-30-03 2
   RE: I was in Darrah's hometown I_AM_HE 11-30-03 4
       RE: I was in Darrah's hometown Smooth23 11-30-03 7
           RE: I was in Darrah's hometown TeamJoisey 11-30-03 8
               RE: I was in Darrah's hometown Smooth23 11-30-03 9
 Hummer Ra_8secs 11-30-03 10
 RE: I was in Darrah's hometown Estee 11-30-03 11
   RE: I was in Darrah's hometown timbo 12-02-03 18
       RE: I was in Darrah's hometown bebekid 12-02-03 19
 RE: I was in Darrah's hometown KObrien_fan 11-30-03 12
   RE: I was in Darrah's hometown hrc2u 11-30-03 13
       RE: I was in Darrah's hometown anninvt2002 11-30-03 14
           If the Hummer is the prize... Goooey_Alley 11-30-03 16
   RE: I was in Darrah's hometown KeithFan 11-30-03 15
 RE: I was in Darrah's hometown LookeeLoo 12-01-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cuauhtewatemoccajava 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-30-03, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cuauhtewatemoccajava Click to send private message to Cuauhtewatemoccajava Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
It's possible Darrah wins the car reward.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-03, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
that was my first thought, but a hummer for the car reward? i'm skeptical...it does lend credence to her at least being in the F2

11-30-03, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
The winner of the car reward does not get the car until the show is finished airing.

*waves to HE* Cheer up, HE! I am optimistic that MB will show us why Darrah deserves to be in the final 2 in the next 3 episodes. If not, pooey on MB, not Darrah.

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-30-03, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
I think the car reward will be a GMC Envoy XUV. That is the featured auto on the web site and during the shows.

Bebekid rocks!

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-30-03, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
hummer=real fing expensive, hummer2=half that

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-03, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
thanks for that info

<-- disbeliever in Darrah F2, much less winner, until the moment they pull the remote from his dead fingers

11-30-03, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-03 AT 00:38 AM (EST)

yeah I know im worthless when it comes to actually information, just thought i'd point out that theres a difference in the 2 that alot of people dont notice. (the fact that theres 2 differen't kinds of hummer)
Hummer1= $106,000-$117,000
Hummer2= $49,000- $51,000

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-30-03, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-03 AT 00:52 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-30-03 AT 00:50 AM (EST)

Even a $50,000 car is pretty expensive for Hooterville's assistant mortician, Nub Nut.

Nice work Bebekid... You are the official DarrahDigger. (Every mortician needs one!)
I don't think this assures F2, but I think she makes F4, hence the final episode. And that's something to be real proud of.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

11-30-03, 00:53 AM (EST)
9. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
maybe alot of people die there? =O

Take nothing i say seriosly

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-03, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Hummer"
The problem w/ the Hummer as car prize reward is that they don't advertise on the show. The car is always from an advertiser.

-- Ra, as fast as light

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-03, 05:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
I was with you right up until I realized that all this means that people in Darrah's hometown can actually remember that Darrah lives there. I'm just not sure that's possible to do for any extended period of time. ;>

(Really, she must live in a reversed Memento. 'Hi. You don't remember me, but I buy a newspaper here every morning. That one with the hint photo on top of it is mine.')

timbo 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-02-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail timbo Click to send private message to timbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
>I was with you right up until I realized that all this means that people in Darrah's hometown can actually remember that Darrah lives there. I'm just not sure that's possible to do for any extended period of time. ;>
>
>(Really, she must live in a
>reversed Memento. 'Hi.
>You don't remember me, but
>I buy a newspaper here
>every morning. That one
>with the hint photo on
>top of it is mine.')
>

You obviously have never been in Liberty, Mississippi (although, from what I understand, Darrah now lives in Ridgeland, a suburb of Jackson). Having almost taught high school there, I can tell you Liberty is quite literally a town where everyone knows you. And in such towns, you are not remembered so much for who or what you are, as you are for who your relatives are.

12-02-03, 10:44 AM (EST)
19. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
I can tell
>you Liberty is quite literally
>a town where everyone knows
>you. And in such towns,
>you are not remembered so
>much for who or what
>you are, as you are
>for who your relatives are.

Very true, timbo.

And yes, Darrah lives in Ridgeland, but much of her family still lives in Liberty. So I'm sure she visits regularly.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-03, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
Thanks for the info Bebe, you are a spoiler icon round these here parts!

I agree that while MB hasn't done much to highlight Darrah, I will give her that she is strong and has will power. She may choose to play the game UTR, but with all the other personalities surrounding her, thats looking like the most brilliant strategy of all.

(Have been trying to convince myself since the first spoiler I read when the series started that I wouldn't be disappointed if D won...)

(LDF 11/28/03 Rest in peace forever Mom, I love you!)

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-30-03, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hrc2u Click to send private message to hrc2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
Bebe,
thanks for the info. Interesting to note, although the Hummer is the "official" vehicle of Survivor this season, The H2 is now manufactured by General Motors, could it be a loaner until the episode airs and then they give her the Envoy?
Also at this point I will be happy with any one winning besides Lil
hrc2u

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-30-03, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
Bebe the Brillant,
As usual with all here, great job! You make our spoiler so much fun. Thanks. I guess I need to go look at Ep.1 tapes for our infamous quote on the winner. Maybe someone will beat me to it. Hope it is there. I didnt think darrah said a word until ep. 6

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-30-03, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "If the Hummer is the prize..."
then possibly, Darrah might have won an RC before the F4 (final 4 will be a series of 2 IC, and 3 TC), since the winner of the F2 is unannounced or maybe the F2's got their prizes.

Is it Burton or Christa out next?

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-03, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
I've been trying to convince myself of the same thing.

I've come to the conclusion that the only reason that we haven't seen more of her is that her accent is so strong most of America can't understand her. I suspect that we'll be getting force fed a whole lot of her to make her more liked over the last few episodes.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-03, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I was in Darrah's hometown"
Just wanted to add my thanks to you, Bebe, for going after the scoop for us!

Maybe she traded up on the GMC win...

A Slicey original

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •