The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Next week's preview vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-27-03, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Next week's preview vidcaps"
Voiceover: Next week, Survivor’s back on Thursday.

A few lucky tribemate experience the ultimate getaway.

And a shift in power begins.

Sandra (whispers): I want the guys to go…

Darrah (nodding): Yeah… yeah.

Sandra: Ya think that’ll work?

Voiceover: While old alliances crumble.

Lillian (to Burton): Are you still thinking that we’re the final two?

Burton: I don’t want to think that far in advance.

Lillian: You’re telling me now that you’ve had second thoughts.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Next week's preview vidcaps Goooey_Alley 11-27-03 1
 RE: Next week's preview vidcaps aethelstan 11-27-03 2
   RE: Next week's preview vidcaps badger 11-27-03 5
       RE: Next week's preview vidcaps aethelstan 11-27-03 6
           RE: Next week's preview vidcaps zzz 11-27-03 7
           RE: Next week's preview vidcaps Spanky68 11-27-03 11
 RE: Next week's preview vidcaps procrastin8tor 11-27-03 3
   RE: Next week's preview vidcaps Draco Malfoy 11-27-03 4
       RE: Next week's preview vidcaps Spanky68 11-27-03 12
 RE: Next week's preview vidcaps zzz 11-27-03 8
   RE: Next week's preview vidcaps GuessItRains 11-27-03 9
       RE: Next week's preview vidcaps volsfan 11-27-03 10
           RE: Next week's preview vidcaps GuessItRains 11-27-03 13
               RE: Next week's preview vidcaps jasonx 11-27-03 14
                   RE: Next week's preview vidcaps volsfan 11-27-03 15
                       RE: Next week's preview vidcaps udg 11-28-03 16
                       RE: Next week's preview vidcaps Emily RugBurn 11-28-03 17
                           RE: Next week's preview vidcaps aethelstan 11-28-03 18
                       RE: Next week's preview vidcaps Ra_8secs 11-29-03 23
 The physical signs of liars tribephyl 11-28-03 19
   RE: The physical signs of liars I_Got_Nutn 11-28-03 20
       RE: The physical signs of liars volsfan 11-28-03 21
           RE: The physical signs of liars Loree 11-29-03 22
               RE: The physical signs of liars Smooth23 11-29-03 24
                   RE: The physical signs of liars volsfan 11-29-03 25
                       the third guy pinchy 11-30-03 26
                           RE: the third guy volsfan 11-30-03 27
                               RE: the third guy pinchy 11-30-03 28
                                   RE: the third guy volsfan 11-30-03 29
                                       Sandra wins reward? pinchy 11-30-03 30
                                           RE: Sandra wins reward? coolflowerpowerman 11-30-03 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-27-03, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
"Would you be my Brutus today?"

Will it be Lillian?

Will it be Sandra?

Will it be Jon?

Christa has been absent in the clip... Does it mean CBS will try to divert our attention regarding Christa's possible boot this time?

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-27-03, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
Well, classic misdirection suggests that the boys are safe because Sandra wants them gone. Therefore, it must be Christa's turn to go.
(Christa is the Caesar to Sandra's Brutus)

But, Lil looks like she is having second thoughts about Burton and still thinks Jon deserves anything he can get because of his grandma, so the following week, Darrah, Lil and Sandra will team up to vote out Burton. Jon will probably vote with the majority.

This gives us the expected final four of Darrah, Lil, Sandra and Jon.

whiteribbon
Another quality creation by JSlice
OT: I thought the Tijuana's attitude during the game (minus the first episode) was quite good. she was often smiling and laughing where everyone else was always grumpy.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-27-03, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
Well, classic misdirection suggests that the boys are safe because Sandra wants them gone. Therefore, it must be Christa's turn to go. (Christa is the Caesar to Sandra's Brutus)

Christa as Caesar?!? How is she an "emporer"? And if she is, wouldn't she be more of a Nero, fiddling with Rupert burns?!?

IMHO, Burton seems the likely Caesar. Either him or Jon. But then again, Jon seems more of a Caligula -- one SICK puppy (who was also murdered, incidentally. But i think we'll have to wait for jon's demise. Maybe he'll be offed at the reunion show?!).

As far as Brutuses go, the only "friends" left would be Sandra/Christa, Lil/Burton, Jon/Lil, and Burton/Jon. If anyone is going to be stabbed 42 some odd times, as much as I hope it's Jon, I'm gonna go with Burton, who is shocked, in the most Shakespearean of moments, at the betrayal of Jon to whom he'd promised all the riches of the empire -- I mean, to whom he's promised F2.

11-27-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
You're right of course. Christa isn't a Caesar in any real sense of the word. I think that CBS is only looking at the trusted ally Brutus = betrayer of a friend aspect.

That, imo, is Sandra stabbing Christa in the back and Christa going home next week. That's all.

Jon=Caligula. Too funny. But even Jon isn't that sick.

whiteribbon

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-27-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-03 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

>>Jon=Caligula. Too funny. But
>even Jon isn't that sick.
>
>

Umm--yeah he is.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-03, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
"Jon=Caligula. Too funny. But even Jon isn't that sick."

He would be if given the chance

procrastin8tor 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-27-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail procrastin8tor Click to send private message to procrastin8tor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
hey, did anyone notice that the voiceover wasn't good old Jiffy but some other announcer? What is keeping Jiffy so busy that he couldn't record a voiceover?
***pr0cRaStiN8tor**

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
Noticed that last week. Methinks that the decision to move to Wednesday night was made after Jiffy left for Panamania. He probably pre-recorded all the "next time" bits before leaving, but when they made the change, he was unavailable so they just got Generic Deep Voice Man to do the promos.

Wish I had a cool voice like that.
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:294.5 Loss To Date:-44.5

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
The guy who does the movie voiceovers, you know the "These thugs just killed the entire family of one good cop. Now watch the fun as he kills them all slowly..." guy gets about $15K per movie trailer.

My voice isn't that good, but I'm not shabby, either. I'd do "all that work" for $500 per trailer.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
I know it seems too obvious based on the promos, but it would not be the first time the promos gave away the boot--in this case Burton. And--even with the promos, the casual viewer would not necessarily assume Burton is going.

In addition--the only real Caesar left (now that Rupert is gone) is Burton. The most obvious Brutus would be Jon, but it could be Lil.

It also seems that if Lil and Darrah are the final two, Lil's current alliance of Jon and Burton has to crumble sooner rather than later to get Lil into a new alliance in time to make this final two work (I don't see Lil going on an immunity run to make it).

Evidence to the contrary may emerge as the week wears on, but at this point it seems fairly overwhelming to me that Burton is sent packing next episode.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
zzz I tend to agree. The average viewer will probably think that Jon will be targeted (because they hate him) even if Lill busts ranks, and probably thinks that the ranks won't break just like they didn't last week. If we assume Burton and Christa are the next two boots, I would think a Burton boot followed by a Jon immunity win would be more likely. Jon and Burton would target Darrah, not Christa if they are smart, so I think she gets saved when Lill defects.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
Good thread but I think the previews are making it tooooo obvious that a male goes...and that usually doesn't happen. I believe that the Brutus reference is only for a friend stabbing another friend in the back. So, it could be Sandra stabbing Christa. I guess we will have to wait and see if we get any new info over the weekend!

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
Well yes and no. The previews are pointing to a male, but the male they are pointing to is Jon. Besides, why would Jon/Burton want to target Christa rather than Darrah? At this point, Ryno, Rupert, and T would all vote for Darrah over either Jon or Burton. They have no chance of beating her. On the other hand, Christa is believed to be a food stealer/destroyer and is quite unpopular. Why boot her and keep Darrah around?

Then again the T boot made no sense either....

jasonx 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-27-03, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonx Click to send private message to jasonx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
I agree.

last week's preview showed that christa looked like she was going for sure. previews can never give exactly who is going the following week and yes it does seem like a male (bert is going) but i got a feeling it might be christa

11-27-03, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-03 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

One thing that came up yesterday afternoon was a radio commercial for next week's show. It had Christa saying that she feels so alone. I found this to be odd...but maybe that is forshadowing?

ETA the link to the discussion of the radio spot:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4455.shtml

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-28-03, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
>One thing that came up yesterday
>afternoon was a radio commercial
>for next week's show. It
>had Christa saying that she
>feels so alone. I found
>this to be odd...but maybe
>that is forshadowing?

Maybe everyone is still p***ed at her for "dumping the fish." We know Lil can hold a grudge, and Sandra isn't going to be admitting the truth to the tribe any time soon.

---
UDG
Misto for S.T.O.T.Y.

Emily RugBurn 663 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Emily%20RugBurn Click to send private message to Emily%20RugBurn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
Hey volsfan and udg,

When I heard this promo last week for Eps. 11, I was super-mega disappointed to discover that all the clips that were used are from last week's show (Eps. 10).

Posters on Sucks noticed this too - here's a link to their discussion:

http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=16813.topic&start=61&stop=76

~ EmRB

11-28-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-03 AT 10:59 AM (EST)

Good observation, Emily. Thanks for bringing that information to us.

whiteribbon
Off-topic: By the way, anyone who's interested should join us over at OT. During non-holidays it's quite an adventure. We just got Volsfan, IGotNutn and a few other spoilers to migrate. Though I can fully appreciate those of you who stick to spoilers only (VS, KB, BR, etc) and I admire your resilience to the pull of OT

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-29-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Next week's preview vidcaps"
That "I feel so alone." clip is from this week's show. The morning after when she wiped her eyes and nose with her buff and said "I feel so alone. I feel so alone. I just want to go home and be with my man."

It's reuse could very much foreshadow the Christa story-arc to a boot next week, Burton's getting the pump-up misdirection and will go the week after.

-- Ra, as fast as light

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "The physical signs of liars"
This may not mean anything. Yet when I watched this promo I noticed a couple of tell-tale signs of some lying. And not from the usual suspects.

Here are some signs to look for:

1 Lip licking /Lip puckering / tightening of lips
2 Hand-to-face grooming
3 Hand and shoulder shrugs
4 Looking away to the side or down
5 Touching nose
6 Crossing arms
7 Closing hands into fists
8 Sighs/deep breaths
9 Covering or touching mouth while speaking

Darrah has just finished brushing something off her forehead, then lowers her arm only to bring it back up again a little while later.

She then touches her nose / eye mid sentence.

Then her ear seconds later.

As I said it may not mean too much. But, Darrah is showing some very classic signs of not being truthful during her conversation with Sandra.

Burton as well. But we could have guess this from his and Lil's conversation.

Looking down and grooming.

Touching mouth.

Covering mouth while speaking.

*(Some of you may bring up the fact that Sandra is also shown touching her nose, but this happens directly after Darrah touches her nose. More often than not when having a conversation with someone , if you start to pick something or touch something on your face than the other person thinks you might be signalling them, triggering a similar response.)

When all is said and done, even though Sandra seems to want to target Jon, Darrah is not on board for this pick.
Also Burton seems to have something to hide from Lil's questions.

tribephyl

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-28-03, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The physical signs of liars"
Some very good insights.

Don't forget that they are also being devoured by insects.

I got the impression that Darrah was very uncomfortable with the conversation she was having with Sandra.

One other dead give away you didn't mention. Burton's lips were moving. That's a sure sign he's lying

Maybe I should have gone to Bashers for that last.

11-28-03, 10:57 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The physical signs of liars"
Naw Nutn...we like you here!

I think the two things we have been given about alliances are the two clips shown with Sandra/Darrah and Burton/Lil.

Were we shown the Burton/Lil conversation to suggest a Burton boot? Were we shown the Sandra/Darrah conversation to suggest a Burton boot? Is this all misdirection?

I am beginning to think the Burton boot at this point is misdirection. OK...I am prolly totally off base with this one...butt it sounds good right now!

I am so confused!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The physical signs of liars"
It could be one of those eps where everything is going to point at Burton going down. Then Burton wins the IC and everyone is scrambling to protect themselves and boot someone else.

Another reason that they cover their mouths alot is they are whispering and trying not to be overheard. People often hide their lips when they are trying to keep others from hearing what is being said.

I wonder if Jon and Burton have a special place they always do their scheming at night. If so, once Sandra discovered that spot it would not be unusual for her to listen to them everynight and be able to drag T there to overhear. But if she keeps following them to different places it does seem odd that she was able to have T there at the exact moment they talked about T.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-29-03, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The physical signs of liars"
The last 2 episodes showed Jon and Bert talking in the same place with sandra listening thru the bushes, don't think they have figured out they are being overheard yet.

11-29-03, 08:08 PM (EST)
25. "RE: The physical signs of liars"
I still find it very hard for Jon and Burton to truly hide any conversation because we know every time one of them goes out they have a cameraman with them. In the part last week where we saw Sandra/T spying on Burton/Jon...there had to be at least two cameramen...and that is a very small island! I just don't buy the whole secret bit just yet!

Like someone said on another thread...Sandra knew that Burton and Jon were plotting to take someone out, they go to tribal council and Rupert pays the price. Why is she soooooo suprised? She already knows the two ring leaders! I still say her best bet is to work with Christa to get Darrah for at least a three/three tie at the next tribal council!

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-30-03, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "the third guy"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-03 AT 05:34 PM (EST)

maybe this is already being discussed somewhere else... On Survivor Phoenix vidcap gallrey there is a series of 3 pics in camp and it looks like 3 men with Christa. All 3 are not wearing shirts. It looks like Jon, Burton and ? who is that third guy and why did they use this pic? Thanks.

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S7E11promoA/e11ad1webpromo57

ETA : I think this is an old pic with Michelle, Jon, Shawn and Burton... silly

11-30-03, 05:40 PM (EST)
27. "RE: the third guy"
pinchy, I think it is a scene from a previous Survivor. I think I also see Shawn in the pic as well. If you notice, they have used about 5-6 shots from previous episodes. I just saw a scene of Jon running into the water naked which was shown earlier as well!

11-30-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: the third guy"
thanks for confirming that... so all we have is
RC: team of 3 Super Challenge, most likely winners of trip to spa resort being Jon, Lillian and Darrah (if that is the team) due to:
-the three of them are pictured running together in the challenge
-Jon pictured with clean hair in confessional with building in background (though I think I've seen Sandra with same background in previous confessionals)
-Lillian has a new suit/top (black)
-Darrah new suit too?
(kind of amazing since they are a weaker team physically)

IC:gun challenge based on same evidence of new clothes
who wins? Jon is the only one not pictured. Most think that Burton, Sandra or Darrah win based on bios.

boot: Christa or Burton? They show a Christa confessional.
CBS wants us to think Jon.

11-30-03, 07:52 PM (EST)
29. "RE: the third guy"
With next week's title being mutiny...I think one of the guys gets the boot then.

Mutiny = forcible or passive resistance to lawful authority; especially : concerted revolt (as of a naval crew) against discipline or a superior officer

Just for people to think about!

11-30-03, 09:04 PM (EST)
30. "Sandra wins reward?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-03 AT 09:08 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-30-03 AT 09:06 PM (EST)

OK here's the link to the vidcap (episode 7a) where I noticed that Sandra was in a confessional setting that looked like buildings...

ETA:

looks very similar to the setting where we have previews of Jon this week.

on second thought, it looks like the trasure chest and not a building... never mind.

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-30-03, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Sandra wins reward?"
Actually, that's a shot of Sandra sitting in front of the "Sea Mail" set up they have at camp (notice the treasure chest shape, which is sitting in a boat shape)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •