The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"All women alliance?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

hlb 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hlb Click to send private message to hlb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"All women alliance?"
After last night's vote the women dominate this game. There are only 2 men left (Burton and Jon) in comparison to 5 women. Could this season be the first time an "all women alliance" is successful? It is very easy to imagine the women binding together to get rid of Burton, the strongest person. This is interesting considering that last year the tribes started out seperated by sex. As soon as the tribes merged/switched the alliances intermingled. This year, the men have been concentrating on eliminated their male competition that only the women are left.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: All women alliance? okaloosajohn 11-21-03 1
 RE: All women alliance? pdragonfly 11-21-03 2
   RE: All women alliance? okaloosajohn 11-21-03 3
   RE: All women alliance? ElroyJetson 11-21-03 4
       RE: All women alliance? Brownroach 11-21-03 14
 RE: All women alliance? Nash 11-21-03 5
   RE: All women alliance? Nash 11-21-03 6
 RE: All women alliance? Brownroach 11-21-03 7
   RE: All women alliance? mistofleas 11-21-03 8
       RE: All women alliance? Brownroach 11-21-03 9
       RE: All women alliance? true 11-21-03 10
           RE: All women alliance? pdragonfly 11-21-03 12
           RE: All women alliance? ElroyJetson 11-21-03 13
 RE: All women alliance? munson 11-21-03 11
   RE: All women alliance? Brownroach 11-21-03 15
       RE: All women alliance? Devious Weasel 11-21-03 16
           RE: All women alliance? Brownroach 11-21-03 17
               RE: All women alliance? Loquatrix 11-21-03 18
                   RE: All women alliance? pdragonfly 11-21-03 19
                   RE: All women alliance? Brownroach 11-21-03 20
                       RE: All women alliance? Bebo 11-21-03 21
   RE: All women alliance? toddE 11-21-03 22
 RE: All women alliance? pdragonfly 11-21-03 23
   RE: All women alliance? Godd3ss 11-21-03 24
       RE: All women alliance? pdragonfly 11-21-03 26
           RE: All women alliance? Godd3ss 11-21-03 27
 RE: All women alliance? pdragonfly 11-21-03 25
   RE: Sandra ,Tij and Possibly Lil pdragonfly 11-22-03 28
 RE: All women alliance? aethelstan 11-24-03 29
   RE: All women alliance? volsfan 11-24-03 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: All women alliance?"
There are a couple of reasons I've thrown out the "all women" possibility, not the least of which is the animosity between Lil and her former tribe members. I don't think T&D like her any better than she likes them.

And we already seen some animosity between Christa and the two Morgan ladies, so I think them joining ranks is unlikely.

I really believe that Lil is joined at the hip to Burton now. (although I think Burton would cut her loose at the drop of a pelican).

Okaloosajohn

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-21-03, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: All women alliance?"
No, don't agree. Sandra had her chance, but blew it. Its my opinion that the women don't have the wits to control and manipulate the game. Jon and Burton are clearly the puppetmasters here. Too bad.

However, it would be shocking if this happened:

Sandra sees the writing on the wall and goes to T and D.
"Are you really going to be happy with 4th and 5th place?
Do you really think you can get immunity or a reward challenge with Burton in the game? How about this: T, D, C and I join up and get rid of the guys and then it will be more of an even playing field. Then its every babe for herself?"

See that ain't going to happen.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: All women alliance?"
And, for what it's worth, Snewser now has both Christa and Burton with thumbs down...interesting.

Okaloosajohn

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-21-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: All women alliance?"
I agree PDragonfly. Although it may not be obvious to the castaways, D and T can do no better than 4th and 5th (barring immunity) because they cannot crack the triad of B, L, and J.

Jon's only hope for the million is to be against an outcast (preferrably Lil IMHO). The outcasts only hope is to be against the other outcast or Jon the snake.

S and C should point this out to T and D if they see it. This upcoming episode is the only chance those 4 will have a chance to break the triad up.

S and C should approach T and D, bury the hatchet if possible, and sell them on the fact that an alliance with them is their only real shot at the big bucks. Once B, L, and J are gone, the playing field will be level and let the best woman win!

Alas, I doubt it will happen though.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-03, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: All women alliance?"
I doubt it too.

The outcasts only hope is to be against the other outcast or Jon the snake.

I think this is true for Lillian but not necessarily Burton. If Burton were in F2 against Christa, I think he'd get the three Morgan jury votes plus Lillian's. He might against Sandra also.

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: All women alliance?"
I'm still hedging my bets on Sandra, Lil and Jon F3
Even though Sandra hates Jon she can beat Jon.

I think they'll go after Burton...if Burton wins immunity then Jon...but I don't think they want Burton there.

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: All women alliance?"
Of course Jon and I can't believe I'm saying this is the smartest so he could stab Burton in back and allign himself to Darrah and Lil.

11-21-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: All women alliance?"
One thing that struck me was how many shots of Sandra were shown during the vote reading and following Rupert's exit from TC.

Christa was shown once or maybe twice, just looking gloomy. Sandra was acting surprised and then disturbed as the votes for Rupert were being read, and after he left there were several shots where she looked like reality had sunk in and she was seriously starting to THINK.

I can't helping feeling Sandra was focused on for a reason. I believe she will definitely try to get something going next week but she may try to distance herself from Christa in the process.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: All women alliance?"
I believe she will definitely try to get something going next week but she may try to distance herself from Christa in the process.

I see this as well BR. She's going to see that with Ruperts ousting, she and Christa no longer have anyone but themselves and their numbers are up.

Sandra will be the first one to go to T/D/L and say alright, I'm with you, let's make it a females F4. To prove my loyalty I'll vote out Christa with you, but in exchange we go for Burton and Jon next. With Christa being the focus of possible food problems, they'll have an easy time getting Burton and Jon to go for Christa over Sandra.

IF and I mean IF, Sandra really does see the writing on the wall. If not...boing, boing, boing...she's gonna get bounced.

--hopes Sandra has it in her, but isn't convinced

11-21-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
9. "RE: All women alliance?"
I'm thinking something like that too, Misto. Christa should be the next target for the alliance of 5 anyway, since she was the alternate pick if Rupert was immune, so it gives Sandra some space to work in.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: All women alliance?"
I can easily see D/T flipping away from the B/J/L alliance. But, unless they do it this week, it may be too late. I just don't see Lil betraying Burton, or even Jon at this point. They have a firm final 3 pact. Although I can see Jon flipping if he thinks it would get him further, but I don't see how it would. Even if Jon thinks he is 3rd wheel now, he likely wouldn't improve upon that by going alone with D/T, or Sandra. Besides, I'm sure he thinks either of the two "ghosts" would be ideal final 2 opponents.

Sandra needs to hold on to Christa. She has no other choice. They need to stick together and try to get D/T to flip sides. The only way to break up B/J/L is to do it now, with a majority vote. I'm just not sure they will have the brains to figure it out in time.

If Christa goes next, then Sandra would be a loner, and not much of a threat. I can see D and T picking her up to try to get rid of either Jon or Burton, but I think the best they could hope for is a tie, and no body wants that. (think purple rock)

11-21-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: All women alliance?"
While I don't think the women have the wits to get it together, I do believe that Jon as a puppetmaster will come in and make his move by aligning with some of the women to get Burton out.

I'm not sure about Sandra and Jon, as sometimes I see them hugging (surprising) and other times I see them arguing.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: All women alliance?"
True,

Like your thinking! See #4 above

-- Likes thinking great minds think alike, I think

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: All women alliance?"
It's not up to Sandra and Christa to make the move. Any alliance between the women needs to be initaited by Tijuana and Darrah. Are they willing to settle for fourth and fifth place? They saw last night that Jon and Burton weren't satisfied.

Smart play would be to approach Christa and Sandra and go 4 - 3 against Burton. But don't approach Lil!!! If Burton doesn't win immunity, they need to get him gone because they might not get another opportunity.

Like, dislike, hate, doesn't matter. You make the move with whoever you need to to get further in the game. The fact that Jon is still around just proves that point.

T and D get C and S on board with a promise to target the two guys who screwed them, and they're beloved Rupie, over.

Christa seems the obvious target this week but I'm leaning toward a Burton boot unless he wins immunity. In fact, I think we'll see a set up for a Burton boot, he wins immunity and Christa goes.

Burton goes the next week when he fails to win immunity and Jon joins T/D/Sandra to set up the worst final 5 ever.

11-21-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: All women alliance?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 01:24 PM (EST)

I have a feeling that all the arguing in camp this week is going to determine who gets targeted. Christa and Burton seem to be at the center of the fray. Sandra, D and T will stand off to the side and watch it play out.

If Burton is trying to exert too much control in the aftermath of Rupert leaving, he might very well go next, but not necessarily due to an all-female alliance having formed.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: All women alliance?"
The same reasoning that targeted Rupert (the fact that he could make an Immunity Challenge run through to the end) makes Burton a target now. It should be the case that the first IC Burton doesn't win, Burton goes home.

11-21-03, 01:45 PM (EST)
17. "RE: All women alliance?"
I agree, but the F5 alliance should start the episode intact, since they were successful in eliminating Rupert. The straightforward plan would be to get Christa out next.

I think Burton's immunity-threatness will only cause him to be targeted this week if he starts appearing problematic in other ways as well, e.g. accusing Christa, trying too blatantly to steer the rest of the game, etc.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: All women alliance?"
>I think Burton's immunity-threatness will only
>cause him to be targeted
>this week if he starts
>appearing problematic in other ways
>as well, e.g. accusing Christa,
>trying too blatantly to steer
>the rest of the game,
>etc.

Hmm, I wish it weren't so, BR, but I think you're right.

As clear as it is to us that Sandra and Christa need to join with Darrah and Tijuana to target someone from the Burton-Jon-Lill triad, it simply might not be as clear to Tijuana and Darrah that they're numbers 4 and 5 in the 5-person alliance. According to Darrah, she's "alive" in the game again, and her demeanour suggests to me that she feels she's on an equal footing with the others in the 5-person alliance now. She is probably blind to the fact that she and Tijuana are being used to make up numbers.

Something extra needs to happen to make this clear to Darrah and T. I think that something extra is going to come from Sandra. If Sandra is smart (and I think she is) she won't harp on the all-femaleness or any "real" interpersonal bonding stuff -- she'll simply say "Look, girls, do the math. If you stick with Lill, Jon and Burton, you're numbers 4 and 5. If you come with Christa and me, you have an equal shot at 1 and 2."

Burton is currently the "saviour" of Tijuana and Darrah so there's a real risk that they won't see past this and realize that he has to go at the first opportunity. Positive action is required here, but I don't know if either of T or D has the gumption to do something proactive like choose, for themselves, to join with S and C before the next Tribal Council. Sandra will need to sell it to them, I think.

11-21-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
19. "RE: All women alliance?"
If Burton doesn't catch enough fish to keep them full, he's going to get awfully unpopular right away.

Feed me Seymor!

11-21-03, 02:50 PM (EST)
20. "RE: All women alliance?"
Something extra needs to happen to make this clear to Darrah and T. I think that something extra is going to come from Sandra

Yes. Christa was at odds with the Morganettes at the prior TC so she's unlikely to approach them, imo (if she even thinks of it).

And I'm not saying Burton WON'T do something that gets him voted out before Christa, I think he very well might.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: All women alliance?"
We have already heard Sandra say on countless occasions that she's happy as long as somebody else is the target. Well, now that she's clearly in the minority, that's no longer the case. If that alliance sticks together, then either she or Christa is the target this ep. And if Christa wins immunity, then Sandra could go.

She will act. She needs an alternate target, and she's the one desperate to find someone for an alliance.
- Jon - No. She hates him and doesn't trust him. The Yahoo Premium transcript for this week proves that.
- Burton - No. She knows that road is futile.
- Lillian - No. Lillian's been hugging all over Jon, and is not a likely ally. And she's just one vote anyway.

So yup, she'll approach T&D. And if she's doing math, she'll do it while she still has Christa. The four of them could target any of the other three, but would probably start with the biggest challenge threat, Burton.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: All women alliance?"
Ok, not a spoiler, but could there ever be a worse final 5 than Brian, Clay, Jan, Helen and Ted? I think not.

11-21-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
23. "RE: All women alliance?"
<- Lillian - No. Lillian's been hugging all over Jon, and is not a likely ally. And she's just one vote anyway.>

Anyone else kinda grossed out by her gropping of Jon? Is it that she can only relate to young people? First S Ryan and now Jon. yeah she said she loved rupert but I didn't see her falling all over him like they show her doing with Jon.

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-21-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Godd3ss Click to send private message to Godd3ss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: All women alliance?"
Was it just me or did it look like she patted Burton's ass after they won RC together.
Women still have hormones too at that age!!!

11-21-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
26. "RE: All women alliance?"
Noting against hormones at any age Godee3sssssss.

But as a Scout Master (I am Scout Master - snaps her whip!)don't you think she should show restraint, especially around young men?

If she weren't a scout master of young boys I wouldn't think twice of it. but after her showing her legs and cracking her whip last night I'm kinda wondering what's up.

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-21-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Godd3ss Click to send private message to Godd3ss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: All women alliance?"
Heheheh Yeah I agree completely. And her poutiness makes me want to slap her upside her head. I bet she was an only child and used the quivering lip to get her daddy to buy her whatever he wanted, because she seems to have that down pat. But I agree - the way that she acts around the men is not in a "motherly" kind of way. I was surprised that she didnt try to jump Jon when she got tipsy. Jon just should have kicked her off of the side of the boat and then the BL could have been "Opps, Lie tripped"

11-21-03, 03:51 PM (EST)
25. "RE: All women alliance?"
Definately something is up:
Here's some late night confession from her:
I'm hoping its because Sandra is willing to still play the game.
Hope she's not confessing to the big friggin lie. Or maybe she's giving her Enemy for Life speech.

Obviously she got a visit from the mothership and this is her talking strategy. She's trying to explain to them that this isn't for world domination, but for $1m. They still agree to help because they don't have the conversion factor down yet.

11-22-03, 11:29 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Sandra ,Tij and Possibly Lil"
They actually sat next to each other at the RC

Here they still stand together congrats Jon for getting the home visit.

This is them leaving together I believe after the IC. I say after and not before because Sandra looks like she is smiling.

Here's Sandra and Lil talking.

Why have them together unless something is brewing.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-24-03, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: All women alliance?"
Earlier I had suggested that the BL was the TC 'fight' between Christa and Darrah and that there already was a chica alliance in place. I retract that now because I don't think T & D could have faked the elation when Burton and Jon told them the new strategy.

However, that doesn't mean that an all-woman alliace, even if a temporary one, isn't possible. It has been noted that Tijuana and Sandra sit together/stand together this week. I agree with Bebo that Sandra will act. Christa may want to but she'll have too much trouble diffusing the food sabotage issue. It doesn't look like Lillian is approchable for an alliance so if it happens, it has to happen this week when they have the numbers and they have to vote out Burton.

Sandra will have to overcome any animosity that D&T have towards Christa so she may be willing to cut a deal with them so that Burton goes this week and Christa goes the next week. If she does this well, she could still get Christa's vote in a F2 situation.

This would leave a final five of Sandra, Lil, Darrah, Tijuana and Jon with Sandra in the position on Kathy in S4: the swing vote. I see Jon trying to do as much wheeling and dealing as he possibly can to save his behind.

Another quality creation by JSlice

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-03, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: All women alliance?"
I really like the discussion going on in this thread and I have a few things to add:

* I am not so sure that Sandra knows WHO to approach and this is why. Rupert told Sandra a couple of times in last week's episode that he would talk with Lil and she would tell him what her (lil) and Jon talked about during the reward. Also, she has seen and heard Burton and Jon plotting in the bushes. However, she doesn't know who is responsible for the alliance! Sure she knows that Jon has to be in on the planning but she is not sure. I am not so sure that she thinks (right now) that Lil is not approachable due to Rupert putting a lot of trust in her.

* Darrah and T are not going to approach anyone especially Sandra and Christa because they are the next to go (in D and T eyes). Also, D and T were too excited to make the deal last week. Think about it...D and T were just going to sit back and be voted off until they were approached by Burton and Jon. I think it is going to be a hard sell for Sandra to get them to switch.

* It is not upsetting me with Lil hugging, patting and kissing Burton...I AM JEALOUS! I want to be doing that!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •