The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rupert on Early Show?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-21-03, 06:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rupert on Early Show?"
The TV ad for The Early Show at 6:25 featured Hannah stating "and of course we'll hear from the latest Survivor castoff".

Sounds like there will be a taped interview, or a phone call from Rupie.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rupert on Early Show? NTK 11-21-03 1
 RE: Rupert on Early Show? Oscirus 11-21-03 2
   RE: Rupert on Early Show? Sexishelly 11-21-03 3
       RE: Rupert on Early Show? NTK 11-21-03 5
 Rupert NOT on the Early Show blacknwhitedog 11-21-03 4
   RE: Rupert NOT on the Early Show SurvivorBlows 11-21-03 6
       RE: Rupert NOT on the Early Show blacknwhitedog 11-21-03 8
       RE: Rupert NOT on the Early Show Loquatrix 11-21-03 13
 RE: Rupert on Early Show? Brownroach 11-21-03 7
   RE: Rupert on Early Show? joiseygirl 11-21-03 9
   RE: Rupert on Early Show? bobstew617 11-21-03 11
       RE: Rupert on Early Show? Loree 11-21-03 12
 RE: Transcript of interview. pdragonfly 11-21-03 10
   Rupert CBS Videotape Denalio 11-22-03 14
 RE: Rupert on Early Show? beckyjac 12-01-03 15
   RE: Rupert on Early Show? Eagle1 12-01-03 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rupert on Early Show?"
I don't think they've actually shown him yet. Which I think they usually do.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-21-03, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rupert on Early Show?"
yep just the interview beforehand

Sexishelly 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-21-03, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexishelly Click to send private message to Sexishelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rupert on Early Show?"
Rupert was unavailable for his live early show interview but they did not confirm that he was on ASS. I was pre-occupied when they showed his interview immediately after being voted out. maybe someone else can analyze any potential spoilers.

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rupert on Early Show?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 08:26 AM (EST)

They said CBS can't confirm his whereabouts, but there has been "online" spec that he is on ASS. He was wearing his same old clothes.

Edit to say blacknwhite dog beat me to it.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-03, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Rupert NOT on the Early Show"
Well, not live anyway. They just said he was "unavaliable" to be on live this morning and they could not confirm or deny that "according to online sources" Rupert may be taping ASS. They showed a taped interview that looked like he was still on the island- still dressed and looking the same. He talked about the usual stuff- he was really into the pirate theme, it really bothered him when Shawn, Michelle, and Burton made fun of him, he was really into catching fish. He seems pretty surprised to be voted off. No real spoiler info other than the fact that he was not on live

Another quality Ice Cat creation 2003

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rupert NOT on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 10:25 AM (EST)

>and they could not confirm or deny that "according to
>online sources" Rupert may be taping ASS.

I'm surprised that they even acknowledged the existence of "online sources." Burnett's panties are probably in a bunch over that... how dare they -- don't they know who runs this game -- it's Burnett's game, not The Early Show's!

-SB

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rupert NOT on the Early Show"
Yeah I really got a kick out of the fact that whats-her-name (not Julie the other one) said "online sources".

Here's the link to Rupert's comments:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/20/earlyshow/series/survivor/main584800.shtml

Another quality Ice Cat creation 2003

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-21-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rupert NOT on the Early Show"
>I'm surprised that they even acknowledged
>the existence of "online sources."
> Burnett's panties are probably
>in a bunch over that...
>how dare they -- don't
>they know who runs this
>game -- it's Burnett's game,
>not The Early Show's!

I actually think MB knows we've done him a huge favour this time around, SB. Without the spoiling community uncovering the "Rupert is on ASS" information, MB himself would have had to come out and tell the world that Rupert is on ASS in order to placate the vast horde of people who are terribly disappointed that Rupert has been voted out of PI so early, and giving up information *himself* just doesn't really seem to be MB's style.

So yeah, as far as I'm concerned, MB loves us at the moment. ;)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rupert on Early Show?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 11:10 AM (EST)

I saw it, it looked like the "day after" interview that usually shows up in the Insider thread. Rupert was still wearing his rainbow tanktop. We'll see when MarkoPolo posts the Insider transcript.

He didn't come off too well, imo. Among other things, he said:

***He believed he was a pirate 400 years ago so he totally bought into the theme, even considered weaving more hair into his beard to look like Blackbeard.

***Burton's, Michelle's, and Shawn's making fun of him was their downfall.

***He gave his trust and compassion to people who had none, or something like that.

He seemed not to have considered at all that anyone else would be trying to win this contest. His attitude was that the ingrates should have just rolled over and let him take the prize.

**ETA: Oops, I didn't realize that Marko already posted the Insider transcript. The fact there's no interview with Rupert on it makes me think this is what would normally have been there.

joiseygirl 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joiseygirl Click to send private message to joiseygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rupert on Early Show?"
hey gang, long time lurker, first time poster (thanks for the push bunny and ra)

i was able to watch the early show this morning and they said the tape was from ruperts day after interview. so this confirms why marko's insider was short changed this week.

i still havent found anything on the cbs site about his "live chat" for this afternoon. far as i can tell, there is no live chat.

jg

(insert sig here when i get some talent)

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-21-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rupert on Early Show?"
>He seemed not to have considered
>at all that anyone else
>would be trying to win
>this contest. His attitude
>was that the ingrates should
>have just rolled over and
>let him take the prize.

That is what I picked up from his Final Words and his general attitude during the last couple of eps. My opinion of him changed as I saw that he was willing to intimidate others to not vote against him. Lill and the others had no choice but to deceive him if they wanted to go further in the game.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rupert on Early Show?"
Yes, Rupert figured he deserved the money and nobody else did. And he wanted to buy his own island with the money. Unlike give it to charity or help his family, etc. Yes he really needed it more than anyone to buy himself an island.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-21-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Transcript of interview."
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

Wait to load.

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-22-03, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Rupert CBS Videotape"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-03 AT 01:31 AM (EST)

I am under the impression this tape was made the day after Rupert was booted and he was still in shock. I suspect most of the people who end up in Loser Lodge need a day or two to deal with their anger/frustration/bitterness and in this tape he had not yet dealt with it hence his comments about "not being accepted...trust...etc.".

By the time the other Losers get to go to New York and be on the CBS morning show they have had at least a month to (more or less) mellow out, process what happened and examine the events in the context of the game and not take things so personally. Granted, even after that time, some players are still arrogant bastiges or still have delusions of grandeur, but I think Rupie is the kinda guy who does vent ala Lex but then calms down and re-evaluates the situation.

I suspect that by the time we see Rupert live again, he'll have a different attitude and we won't see his "waah waah, poor me" side at all. Obviously, I lvoe Rupie/Hagrid/Blackbeard. I liked that he got pissed and emotional at times; that he was mostly smart in handling his tribe by feeding them ala Hatch; that he immersed himself into the pirate theme; and showed his generous and kind-hearted side. However, he certainly underestimated his ability to tell if people were lying to him and also took his being voted off initially as rejection of him rather than testament to his power and strength.

I am looking forward to seeing him in ASS! (But with underwear I hope-- no more bauble shots please, butt or otherwise)

Just what I am thinking,
Denalio

P.S. My first crossthresd post! Yeehawwww! I have lurked a long time, so I hope I larned it right

(insert cute and clever sig pic here) <---idea blatently stolen from JoiseyGirl

edited to give credit to JG

beckyjac 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-01-03, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckyjac Click to send private message to beckyjac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rupert on Early Show?"
I have been meaning to add to this thread since The David Letterman show the Monday after Rupe's demise. He was again un-available that night for a personal appearance. This weekend in the Tulsa World TV section they confirmed MB was in the process of filming an All Star Survivor so I am convinced that is where Rupert is

Eagle1 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-01-03, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Eagle1 Click to send private message to Eagle1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rupert on Early Show?"
Any thoughts out there that maybe Rupert may be in jail. Let's see. Jon gets voted out in the next episode or 2. Rupert punches Jon's lights out. I like it!
I have hated Jon since the beginning. I hate his attitude and would have liked to punch him in his big nose, myself. Then I would cut all his stupid looking hair off.
He is playing the game well though. "Outwiting" others bigtime. I liked Rupert, but he was too honest to win.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •