The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-18-03, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-03 AT 06:31 PM (EST)

Episode Nine

Last time, on Survivor Spoiling:
The Spoiling Community was united in their belief that Ryno was the clear and obvious boot for the week, as the citizens of SurvivorBlows Nation showed. The fabulous Ms. Mistofleas provided a last minute SOTS that backed up this belief, and all seemed well...until the evil Mr. Snewser decided to throw the Spoiling World for a loop, announcing that Lil would take the walk of shame. Again. While many followed Snewser's "wisdom" (including this would-be spoiler), the great blue peeps who preside over SB as a benevolent dictatorship were not so easily fooled, and their independence was rewarded when Ryan Opray became the first member of the jury.

This week: Will the spoiling community once again fall prey to Snewser's shenanigans? Have we finally unraveled the mystery of the big lie? Who will go this week? Cue that funky pirate music!

Yeah, so maybe that was lame…it's been a long weekend. It's the best I could come up with. Let's just get to the spoiling, shall we?

Spoilers for Episode 9 "Swimming with Sharks"
Misdirection
SeeBS gives us this:
Having trouble sleeping, Rupert finds a spot on a log near camp and has a heart-to-heart chat with a faraway loved one.

A trip to fetch water becomes an opportunity for one pair, with questionable fates, to hatch a new plan and turn the tide in their favor. Will their powers of persuasion work?

Lillian has a slight anxiety attack.

One castaway gives selflessly to another.

For some earlier discussion of the title, misdirection and what it all means, check this out.

Reward Challenge
Veruca ventured into the jungle that is Sucks to give us the vidcaps for what most think is the Reward Challenge. Get ready for another Double Dare-esque obstacle course/physical challenge, with pirate themes abounding! Rope ladders, crows nests, swinging from ropes, the whole deal. Why is this the RC, you ask? Several pieces of misdirection indicate that everyone's favorite Scoutmaster gets an anxiety attack at reward challenge, and it would seem that heights give Lil a better chance to freak out than blowguns. Looks like the survivors compete either in heats or in pairs, and most think that Rupert wins at least a share of the Reward: an adventure on the high seas! (ooh…so piraty!)

Immunity Challenge
KB kindly lifted some pictures from Phoenix that most think come from the IC. Looks like it involves blowguns (how original!) and aiming at a circular board. While they may be trying to shoot at their own piece of the board, the "Kill or Be Killed" voiceover indicates its yet another attempt for MB to reveal alliances for the second IC in a row. As to who wins…let's just say the jury is still out. From the caps, though, it seems that Sandra is none too pleased....

Boot
Well, Rupert seems like the obvious choice. The Preview Vidcaps so helpfully uploaded by Webby shows an agreement between Jon, Burton, Lil and the Morgan women, and they've all shown interest in booting Rupert. So game logic? Check. TDT has Rupert as the only one in danger. Other spoiling reports? Check. KB gives us a new confessional count that indicates Rupert's time as our narrator may be winding down. Confessional support? Check. The Mr411 airline spoiler has all other family members sticking around for a few days in Panama…but not Mrs. Rupert. Other evidence? Check. So Rupert goes, right?

Not so fast, true believers! There are those among us who don’t believe Rupert is for sure gone on Thursday. They point out that the previews keep saying "you won't believe who is going home," yet Rupert is the popular choice on the SeeBS website to walk the plank on Thursday. Thus, doesn't the public believe he already is going, and so is not? Or is this just more of SeeBS trying pathetically to be tricky?

Edited to add: KB started some new discussion on this part of the promo here. Check it out for some top notch spoiler discussion.

They also note that Lil seems pretty upset in the vidcaps: would she really be that upset about voting out Rupert? Now Burton…she might cry over him. Also, in the same thread, jkokoj (post #20) discusses an conversation with ABC cameramen who think that Rupert did pretty well…i.e. Final 4. But they also seem to think that Rupert doesn't make it to All-Stars, so think of this what you will…I just think it's cool that jkokoj got some new spoiler info! Also, a press release for next week's episodes describes a castaway's behavior (calling someone their sworn enemy) that sounds like something Rupert would do…does that mean he survives this week?

But if Rupert doesn't go, then who does? Most in the Not Rupert camp argue that Snewser really did think that Lil is kicked off again, he just was off a week. And if she does have a really hard time lying, would she be kicked off for being liability? And if the "older woman" spoiler is correct, does this mean that she comes back a THIRD time? I would say that MB is not this cruel…but we all know otherwise.

Other Cool Stuff of Interest
We got all the usual interviews, chats and DAWing from Ryno this week:
The Early Show interview indicates that Christa and Rupert may be joining him on the jury soon.
CBS Chat hints that Ryan had time to get to know the "real" Jon on the jury, and that, once again, Rupert may be jury bound.
Mess Hall Interview has some stuff about Darrah and Rupert, but nothing all that new, either.

Marcopolo battled a nasty case of the flu yet still was good enough to shell out the $9.99 and put his typing skills to the test to give us some info from Yahoo Insider. Not much spoiler info here, but it is interesting to note that Darrah and T both voted for Ryan. Was it because they didn't want to draw more attention to themselves, or is was this the groundwork for a "chica" alliance? And speaking of alliances….

A few threads popped up this week to discuss exactly where everyone's loyalties lie. Nailbone started a discussion of the implications of last weeks IC in seeing if anyone was working together and who is supposedly on the block, via a comparison to the Rotu 4 IC. And was Christa playing dumb with those questions, or is she just not too bright?
JohnMc tried to break down the alliances we know, and the ones that might emerge, and esquire got some good conversation about Core Alliances. We know that Burton and Lil are close, as are Darrah and T. But what about the "chica" alliance of Sandra and Christa with D and T, as last week's episode suggested? Will C&S really turn on Rupert given half a chance? Can Burton Lil and Jon really turn the tables on the Drakes? Oy…now my head hurts.

Spoilers for you Long Term Thinkers
As mentioned before, KB did a nice little confessional count for us. Worth a look to make you ponder whether Darrah is UTR in order to set up her win like Vee or UTR because she has nothing to say like Zoe or Erin. Or (please, God no) it's for both reasons.

The Legend of the Big Lie continued to grow, as Misto's epic "BL/BR/BT" thread reached Part 5 (follow that link to find parts 1-4), but we only have one more week to wait! Bebekid was the first to report here that the title for Episode 10 is "The Great Lie" and a lot of people there seemed to think that Jon tells the lie and it likely has something to do with family. This was supported when Webby laid a CBS press release for the episode on us. It seems that the Big Liar is a "he," though it could another case of CBS screwing up for the nth time, and has something to do with a "grandmother." Jon wouldn’t lie about his granny being sick, would he? (*Snort*) The release also had other descriptions of the episode, in which one castaway declares that they are "the enemy for life" of another. The question is: who? Rupert (which means he's safe for this week)? Sandra (to quote I_AM_HE: "My name is Sandra Diaz-Twine. You killed my Christa, prepare to die.")? Darrah (Yeah, right.)? Should provide for some interesting discussion this week.

Just remember that next week's episode is WEDNESDAY so as not to conflict with all non-veggie American collapsing after stuffing ourselves with turkey.

It's now confirmed that the Finale will not be in Panama, but in LA. If Rupert really is in ASS, and he goes far, he's not going to have much time to clean up before heading to the reunion…this might give us our first real spoiler for ASS.

Think that's everything: Any corrections? Additions? Substitutions? Complaints? Please let me know, and I'll correct them ASAP. I'll also be on patrol for late breaking developments, so as they arrive, they may find their way over here. Remember to go vote once the thread goes up, even if you don't know for whom yet.

ExI hopes he didn't screw this up too badly: his DAW count notwithstanding, he still feels like a relative newbie.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... VerucaSalt 11-18-03 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... pdragonfly 11-18-03 2
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... psydergrl 11-18-03 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Brownroach 11-18-03 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Bebo 11-18-03 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... NTK 11-18-03 5
 Beautiful! udg 11-18-03 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... forehead 11-18-03 7
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... abbahammer 11-18-03 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... mistofleas 11-18-03 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... psydergrl 11-18-03 10
 what. . . no pelican? badger 11-18-03 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... LookeeLoo 11-18-03 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... aethelstan 11-18-03 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... rscottthompson 11-18-03 15
   He said the same thing on Letterman... udg 11-19-03 18
 Great Job! Jims02 11-18-03 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Krautboy 11-19-03 17
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... blacknwhitedog 11-19-03 19
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... strid333 11-19-03 20
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... TeamJoisey 11-19-03 21
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... lroy 11-19-03 22
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... VolvoCowboy 11-20-03 23
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... I_AM_HE 11-20-03 24
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... chiatrain 11-20-03 25
       Welcome in, Chiatrain Spanky68 11-20-03 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-18-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Wonderful job Ex!!

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-18-03, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Thanks, now I know why my head hurts whenever I think of Survivor! Talk about spinning a story.

Great job in putting this all together.

psydergrl 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-18-03, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail psydergrl Click to send private message to psydergrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Pass the Excedrin please
peace-psydergrl

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
This is terrific, Ex! I believe you included every last morsel of info we have, and in a very amusing manner.

Now, who to vote for? Rupert? Christa? Lillian? Rupert? Christa? Lill...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
*Standing ovation*

Excellent job! SOTS are quite difficult, and you pulled it off quite well. Thanks for putting this together!

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-18-03, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Great Job. It "should" make it easy to make a decision.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Beautiful!"
Thorough and well written to boot! Speaking of boot... for whom should I vote?

---
UDG

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-18-03, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Outstanding SOTS!

Thank you,
forehead

abbahammer 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-18-03, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail abbahammer Click to send private message to abbahammer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Wow, this SOTS was the best one I have read. I have kept close tabs on most of the forums here over the past week and this is truly a good synopsis.

Well done!
Go Rupert Go.

Abbahammer

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Great job Ex! Thanks for doing this, they're not easy and you pulled it off beautifully!

--looks at Ex and say "newbie my ass!"

psydergrl 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-18-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail psydergrl Click to send private message to psydergrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Most Excellent Breakdown!
And I agree with Dragonfly about the headache....
peace-psydergrl

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-18-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "what. . . no pelican?"
great job on the SOTS, ex. thanks for the useful -- and witty -- summation.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-18-03, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Fantastically funny Ex. Thank you!

Loved the reference to Mandy Pantakin (sp?) by HE! Of course Farmboy caught that. I would have missed it...

LookeeLoo

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-18-03, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Great job, Ex! I really need it this week as I'm just not able to check the boards frequently.

Another quality creation by JSlice
Still don't know for whom to vote though...

rscottthompson 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-18-03, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rscottthompson Click to send private message to rscottthompson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
I read the chat with Ryno on the CBS website, one of the questions asked was who is he rooting for. He answered Darrah, could this be a slip up, being as the winner has not yet been crowned and he knows for sure who is in the final 2. Heck I guess that even says who he voted for to win. It just means one more source saying that Darrah does indeed make it. (to the final 2 that is)

(CyberJoeCool: Now that you have been voted out, who are you rooting for?

Ryan O: I'm actually rooting for Darrah. I've got a great respect for how tough the girl is...and I also like her.)

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-03, 05:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "He said the same thing on Letterman..."
He and Andrew both said they were "ready to get right back in the game now" (or some variation thereof). I got the feeling that both of them were answering the questions as if the game were in real time. So, of the players left in the game RIGHT NOW, RyNo likes Darrah the best. It doesn't necessarily indicate that she makes the F2, and to me, seems indicates the opposite. If she did make the F2, and he said that, he could get in trouble for saying "too much."

---
UDG

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Great Job!"
The SOTS looks real good. After you do a SOTS, you're definitely not a newbie...

Jims02: Quote him in your siggie and you've got a fan

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-19-03, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Excellent EX! Exceptional, I'd even say exquisite. Extremely well-done. Extra great job on the organization. I'm extatic...

You get the idea...

Thanks EX!

Krautboy

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Thanks for doing a great job ExI!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-19-03, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Good job. Now I have to decide who to vote for.

Three is the perfect number.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-19-03, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
If you are bestowing kudos, is it still regarded as "piling on"?
For me, SOTS are the toughest thing to write. This is a great example of how it should be done.

Great work, Ex. You included all the vital information, all the speculation and the even that super secret code that reveals this week's bootee.

Hmmmm. Now where did I put that Magic 8 ball decoder ring?

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-19-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Very nice, very nice indeed!

~lroy

VolvoCowboy 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-20-03, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolvoCowboy Click to send private message to VolvoCowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Great SOTS!!!

I would just maybe add the news that CBS will announce All-Stars this week, which would be another indicator that Rupert goes this week (if he's on ASS), since the network would be trying to soften the blow for his fans. If he went next week or any other time, I can't imagine why they'd make the announcement now...

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-03, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
great job ExI! i'm only dabbling here and there in spoilers this season, don't read all the threads, sometimes not even the SOTS's, but they are always helpful when i do

- can't believe he was quoted in a SOTS, even if it was only a quip

chiatrain 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-20-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chiatrain Click to send private message to chiatrain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 9"
Hello. I'm a first-time poster, but I check up on the site every week(and enjoy TSOTS). It seems as if CBS's Early Show is promoting its having the latest castoff on Friday(if Rupert is booted, is he available?..assuming he's filming S8 right now). I'm still going with Rupert as the bootee, and nice job with TSOTS.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-03, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Welcome in, Chiatrain"
I'm no spoiling authority, and I don't have any inside info. But I would suspect they might do a live remote from Panama with Rupert on location.

Oh, and welcome to the boards.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •