The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale locale..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-18-03, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale locale..."
Snewser's got something...

http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=384

Change of Venue for S7 Finale?
The S7 finale has been moved back to Los Angeles, a source close to CBS told SNN.
SNN
Monday, November 17, 2003

In an October 31st conference call, Mark Burnett announced that the Survivor 7: Pearl Islands finale would be taking place in Panama City, Panama.

However, according to a credible source close to CBS, plans may have changed. Surrounding the rumor is word of a fire in a facility that burned to the point where it became unusable for the finale. As a result, the source said, Mark Burnett moved the finale back to Los Angeles.

We don't have any additional details at this time, but will provide an followup later on as new information comes in.

So what's this mean for Rupert? He'll still have time to come back, right?

Even when you can't see Him, God is there!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale locale... okaloosajohn 11-18-03 1
   RE: Finale locale... dabo 11-18-03 3
       RE: Finale locale... Brownroach 11-18-03 4
           RE: Finale locale... okaloosajohn 11-18-03 5
               RE: Finale locale... Brownroach 11-18-03 6
                   RE: Finale locale... Round Robin 11-19-03 13
 RE: Finale locale... Laurieish 11-18-03 2
 I Didn't Know Devious Weasel 11-18-03 7
   RE: I Didn't Know Brownroach 11-18-03 10
 Confirmed. clemsonbeav 11-18-03 8
   RE: Confirmed. mistofleas 11-18-03 9
       RE: Confirmed. ginger 11-18-03 11
 Colapse or Fire LookeeLoo 11-18-03 12
   RE: Colapse or Fire okaloosajohn 11-19-03 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-18-03, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale locale..."
Well, according to the calendars over on TDT, ASS members fly back to the US on 13 December. The finale of S7 is live on 14 Dec., so it'll be tight, but yes.

Okaloosajohn

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale locale..."
So, that means a traditional 39 days for filming ASS, with 18 players? At most 41. They would want Jeff and Rupert there for the live S7 finale, of course.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale locale..."
This article says ASS will air in 14 episodes, so the game might have a longer time frame than usual.

11-18-03, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Finale locale..."
Yeah. Like this S7 isn't 14 episodes?

Who knows what they mean any more? 14 episodes and a recrap?

I think they could probably put together 15 or 16 epsiodes in the same number of days...

Okaloosajohn

11-18-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale locale..."
That's true, 14 episode slots is normal. This season has gotten me numerically confused.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-19-03, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finale locale..."
If the ASS is 14 episodes, that means either a recrap or a 2 parter. Nothing too radical about either of those. I'm voting for the 2 parter myself since they'll have a couple extra boots.

Laurieish 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-18-03, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Laurieish Click to send private message to Laurieish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finale locale..."
I wonder if the fire effected anything all star or just the location the finale was being going to be held.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I Didn't Know"
Butch was in Panama...

11-18-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I Didn't Know"
Apperently Butch got picked for All Stars, and then accidentally burned a building down on Day 3. No way he wins ASS, imo.

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-18-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Confirmed."
It's now confirmed, as per RNO. It looked like it was a great venue. It's a shame, really.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article3828.art&page=1

Survivor Finale Moved from Panama
by David Bloomberg -- 11/18/2003

Mark Burnett wanted to do something different this time and had planned to host the live finale for Survivor: Pearl Islands in the host country, Panama. However, just as there are twists on Survivor, sometimes life throws a twist as well. Find out what happened to the planned finale location.

The December 14 finale of Survivor: Pearl Islands was all set to take place in Panama, with a minimal audience (reportedly, not even previous contestants were invited), to do something a little bit different from the usual jumping between Los Angeles and New York. It was also probably fairly convenient for executive producer Mark Burnett, who is filming the All-Star Survivor currently – also in Panama.

However, just as in the game of Survivor itself, sometimes the best laid plans get washed away because of a twist. In this case, the twist is even bigger than the return of the Outcasts. Variety reports that the landmark where the finale was to take place has collapsed.

The Arco Chato (“flat arch” – see photo above) was to be the location of the Pearl Islands finale. It was built in 1678 as a convent but was destroyed by fire in 1771. According to Panamatours.com, its name came from the “flat form that was used to support the high choir.” It was restored by the Panamanian government in 1983 and became a top tourist attraction. It had even been used by Panama to show how stable the country was and less prone to earthquakes than Nicaragua when the Panama Canal was being considered.

However, the Arco Chato collapsed on November 7, meaning Burnett would have to find another place. Since pre-production had not yet begun, according to CBS, it was apparently fairly easy to switch back to the usual Los Angeles location.

The live finale will air at 10/9 Central after the two-hour Survivor: Pearl Islands finale. Jeff Probst will once again host and many viewers can’t wait to see how he deals with people like Osten – who has insulted Probst, calling him a “coward” and various other things, since leaving the game.

In other Survivor news, as Mark Burnett hinted during a conference call a couple weeks ago, CBS will indeed be giving the All-Star Survivor the prime premiere date of February 1, immediately following the Super Bowl. So we will only have to wait a month and a half between editions.

David Bloomberg is the Editor of RealityNewsOnline and can be reached at RNO@pobox.com.

Even when you can't see Him, God is there!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Confirmed."
Not spoilery, but:

Jeff Probst will once again host and many viewers can’t wait to see how he deals with people like Osten – who has insulted Probst, calling him a “coward” and various other things, since leaving the game.

In all honesty, this is what I'm waiting for as well. I wanna see if Ostens bravado can withstand JP laying it on him in front of a million viewers!

Go get 'im Jiffy!

--will now step back

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Confirmed."
You are being missed in OT, Misto...

The mitzvah that is my signpic courtesy the genius that is our own JSlice. Such a nice girl! Now, have some more borscht.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-18-03, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Colapse or Fire"
"However, according to a credible source close to CBS, plans may have changed. Surrounding the rumor is word of a fire in a facility that burned to the point where it became unusable for the finale."

It is interesting that the close CBS source thinks its a fire.

LookeeLoo

11-19-03, 10:16 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Colapse or Fire"
Well, there WAS a fire. It just happened about 200 years ago. CBS has a way of being a little late with stuff, you know?

--Okaloosajohn

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •