The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-14-03, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-03 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

I do like keeping the challenge stuff separate, however, if need be, you can lock this

ETA: Remember, Lillian gets some anxiety from reward challenge We may end up with another fluffball IC (gee I wonder wh)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps VerucaSalt 11-14-03 1
   RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps aethelstan 11-14-03 8
   RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps Brownroach 11-14-03 9
       Falling, or is he thrown? udg 11-14-03 12
           RE: Falling, or is he thrown? Brownroach 11-14-03 15
           RE: Falling, or is he thrown? Breezy 11-14-03 16
               RE: Falling, or is he thrown? aethelstan 11-14-03 19
                   RE: Falling, or is he thrown? Brownroach 11-14-03 20
                       RE: Falling, or is he thrown? Blow by Blow 11-14-03 22
   An Automobile? LookeeLoo 11-14-03 24
       GMC Envoy...but later Bebo 11-16-03 33
 RE: Survival of the Fittest - final... pdragonfly 11-14-03 2
   RE: Survival of the Fittest - final... VerucaSalt 11-14-03 3
       RE: Survival of the Fittest - final... ExInterper 11-14-03 4
       RE: Survival of the Fittest - final... Corvis 11-14-03 7
           RE: Survival of the Fittest - final... GuessItRains 11-14-03 11
       RE: Survival of the Fittest - final... aethelstan 11-14-03 10
           RE: Survival of the Fittest - final... frisky 11-14-03 14
       Race Befuzzled 11-14-03 26
 RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps ExInterper 11-14-03 5
 Before anyone jumps to conclusions TeamJoisey 11-14-03 6
   RE: Before anyone jumps to conclusi... Breezy 11-14-03 13
       RE: Before anyone jumps to conclusi... VerucaSalt 11-14-03 17
 RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps bris 11-14-03 18
   RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps pdragonfly 11-14-03 21
 My own special theory (Rupert) Blow by Blow 11-14-03 23
   RE: My own special theory (Rupert) okaloosajohn 11-17-03 41
 Support for Blow Dart to be IC Befuzzled 11-14-03 25
   RE: Support for Blow Dart to be IC Blow by Blow 11-17-03 37
 Rupert/MB settlement? mavsfan 11-14-03 27
 Everyone has one and mine the only ... I_Got_Nutn 11-15-03 28
   Got sumthn! tribephyl 11-15-03 30
       RE: Got sumthn! I_Got_Nutn 11-15-03 31
   RE: Everyone has one and mine the o... Blow by Blow 11-17-03 38
       I hate it when I am wrong I_Got_Nutn 11-17-03 42
 Winning Team? SnowBunny 11-15-03 29
   RE: Winning Team? VerucaSalt 11-16-03 32
 Rupert Wins? Krautboy 11-16-03 34
   Not unless there are 2 sharks... udg 11-17-03 39
       Shark wrangling Godd3ss 11-18-03 43
 Does Jon get hurt? Holiday 11-16-03 35
   RE: Does Jon get hurt? Krautboy 11-16-03 36
       RE: Does Jon get hurt? VerucaSalt 11-17-03 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-14-03, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps"
Also a poster at SS said the following

This is not found online, but from a friend.

5-7 castaways participate in an RC/IC where they must climb up to the top of a giant beam/ pillar structure.

When they get to the top their is a compass and a binocular.

The objective is to find a several flags floating in the ocean and on tops of trees far in the distance, that have a number on them.

Once they have found all the numbers they must climb back down, use the compass to find where their personal chest is, big it up, use the numbers as a combination to unlock the chest, and take out a flag.

They must then run back up to the crows nest and place the flagat the top. First one to do so wins the Challenge.

My friend Lucca had to order a special prize very big to the island.

(For any non-believer I'm going to save this post, because I believe my friend and he watched this challenge with his own eyes)

+I'm very anti-psoiler, pro-Spec. kinda person so.. JUST BELIEVE ME AND YOU WILL SEE

He says a women wins it, after a male falls and gets very hurt!

Link

http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=16719.topic

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-14-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps"
+I'm very anti-psoiler, pro-Spec. kinda person so..

I agree with this statement. If we had a full list of the boot order, it wouldn't be very interesting to watch. On the other hand, I love saying, look that's just what so-and-so speculated. (Didn't udg totally nail the crow's net fire RC? and she thought it was too far out there.)

That being said, the last vidcap shows Rupert holding onto the cargo swing with only one hand, is he about to fall?
A person who has a fear of heights could easily have an anxiety attack in this type of challenge.

Seems to me this would be an IC. The blow gun looks like the RC similar to S6 when Alex won.

Another quality creation by JSlice

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-03 AT 01:26 PM (EST)

I saw that post on Sucks yesterday too, VS.

Rupert looks like he's taking a spill in the four caps following Lill with the blowgun. But we do see him on the rope swing, which presumably comes after the climb on the netting.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Falling, or is he thrown?"
In watching the video clip over and over and over and... you get the idea, it looks to me like maybe Jon throws him off that net.

---
UDG

11-14-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Falling, or is he thrown?"
I only saw the caps, but actually you're right, even in the caps it kind of looks like Jon is pitching Rupert off the netting. Hmm.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Falling, or is he thrown?"
It does look like Jon's arm comes over to push Rupert in the pics above.

11-14-03, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Falling, or is he thrown?"
Jon would be DQ'd if he did. Maybe Jon was losing his balance too?
or is he a good actor?

more inclined to go with the former

11-14-03, 05:33 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Falling, or is he thrown?"
more inclined to go with the former

Yeah, Jon can be a bit of a klutz, like when he smacked headlong into the cross during the keelhaul IC. I think maybe in his eagerness to get to the net, Jon crashes into Rupert from behind, knocking Rupert askew.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-14-03, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Falling, or is he thrown?"
I'm assuming that Jon and Rupert are on the same team, in which case Jon has an excellent opportunity to sabotage Rupert's shot at Immunity. This is their first really good chance to get rid of him. However, I doubt Jon would push him when he could just as easily perform slowly. I think it's far more likely that as Rupert slips, Jon is reaching out to grab him.

When I was a young lad, visiting Spirit Lake at the foot of Mt. St. Helens (pre-eruption), I slipped off a log into the water. My sister, walking right behind me tried to grab me and on the film (yes, film) my parents shot, it looks for all the world like she's shoving me. I'm certain she wasn't; she's very nice. On a site note, my parents kept filming while I bawled up the beach towards them looking for comfort. (Yeah, they'll be going into a 'bad' nursing home.)

But back to the topic at hand. If Jon and Rupert are truly teamed up, then I see Rupert losing immunity this week.

-P
"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes." - Bob Hinck

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-14-03, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "An Automobile?"
>My friend Lucca had to order
>a special prize very big
>to the island.

LookeeLoo

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "GMC Envoy...but later"
A sponsor vehicle has been an RC prize since S2, but it usually comes much later in the game than this. Given the number of GMC Envoy ads we've been seeing, I think it's a safe bet that will be the prize this go-round. That's usually saved for the last RC, though.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-14-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survival of the Fittest - final 3 shown"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-03 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

I just watched the previews at the CBS site a couple of times and during the words: Survial of the Fittest, they showed Burton, Lil and Sandra!! Final 3? Could be they were throwing a little bone our way.

11-14-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Survival of the Fittest - final 3 shown"

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survival of the Fittest - final 3 shown"
Interesting...there does seem to be a lot of "video hints" that MB keeps dropping that all conflict with each other (see Elroy's thread on a potential final two.)

ExI
"Let's hope Osten doesn't smoke. He might decide to quit breathing." - Jims02, Ep 7a Summary

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survival of the Fittest - final 3 shown"
I think these pictures show a paired RC challenge - two heats of two pairs. We see Burton and Lil against Rupert and Jon.

Later there are pics of Rupert and Jon as well Tijuana and Sandra.

My guess: Rupert and Jon win the heat against Burton and Lil (who has an anxiety attack). Sandra and T win the heat against Darrah and Christa. Who knows who will win between Sandra/T and Rupert/Jon, but if I had to guess, I'd go with Rupert and Jon.

Corvis

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-14-03, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survival of the Fittest - final 3 shown"
Well Christa is much stronger/fitter than Sandra and I think Darrah is actually a little more in shape than T. My guess would be:

Prelim Heats
Rupert/Jon defeat Sandra/Tijuana
Burton/Lillian defeat Darrah/Christa

Final
Rupert/Jon defeats Burton/Lillian

If it proves to be an individual IC, I'd obviously pick Rupert to beat Jon in a third individual heat. But typically the E9 reward has gone to a pair.

11-14-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Survival of the Fittest - final 3 shown"
The first intrigue pick here shows the other 4 castaways sitting. This to me suggests a multi stage challenge where the bottom 2 are eliminated from each heat leaving 4 to challenge for IC.

My guess is this pick is from one of the heats, likely the first heat.

Won't post much next week as I'm doing the stay at home dad thing.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survival of the Fittest - final 3 shown"
I, too, think it's every man for himself rather than pairs. It appears that Jon is almost on top of Rupert, then Rupert falls while looking at Jon, then Jon carries on up the net. They don't look like they're working together!

Befuzzled 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-03, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Befuzzled Click to send private message to Befuzzled Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Race"
With 8 people left and only 4 people running this challenge at once, I agree that there are likely two heats of 4 people with the top two of each heat facing off in a final third heat.

This could be an individual challenge, or it could be a paired challenge as has been done in the past.

We see two heats in the promo.
1 - Rupert, Jon, Lill, Burton
2 - Rupert, Jon, Sandra, Tijuana

If there are only three heats total, and we have seen who is in two of the heats, then we know the following:
A - Rupert and Jon are in the final heat
B - Christa and Darrah are not in the final heat
C - Either Burton and Lill, or Sandra and Tijuana eliminated Christa and Darrah

I agree with GuessItRains that Christa/Darrah are a stronger pair than Sandra/Tijuana and think it would be more likely for Burton/Lill to take out Christa/Darrah. And if Lill makes it past Christa/Darrah, this is likely a paired challenge. Actually, for either group we see to be a final heat, I think a paired challenge makes more sense.

Circumstantial support - In the first scenes of heat with Rupert, Jon, Lill and Burton, the people not competing can be seen in the background, seated and watching. This gives me the impression that they were all out and this group is the final heat. Of course, they could just be sitting to watch a prelim heat too though.
I am also leaning towards Rupert/Jon being able to beat Burton/Lill.

And if it turns out that the other grouping is the final, I’d still lean towards Rupert/Jon to win, despite Ruperts wipe out.

Piles of time left to flip flop back and forth!

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps"
If that post detailing the RC is correct, then can we assume that the blowgun pics are from the IC? If so, then Rupert's got (yet another) pretty good chance to win it, since he's shown his accuracy with stuff like this at yesterday's RC.

ExI
"Let's hope Osten doesn't smoke. He might decide to quit breathing." - Jims02, Ep 7a Summary

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-14-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Before anyone jumps to conclusions"
this photo, shown in this week's web video...

...shows Rupert with the Immunity Sword.

BUT...

It comes in a sequence of TC shots that reveal Christa sitting in front of and between Rupert and RyanO.

This is LAST week's TC.

Don't be fooled!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Before anyone jumps to conclusions"
Thanks Joisey I was just going to ask this.

11-14-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Before anyone jumps to conclusions"
Whoever can watch it, really concentrate on the guys because if there is anything to relate that information to this challenge (it certainly "appears" that it could be it) the women (an)? could win against the men (an)? in a final leg.

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-14-03, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps"
It looks like the rope IC from Amazon that Matt won and Heidi came in second and the blow thing RC that Alex won

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-14-03, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 9 Challenge Videocaps"

Is there something in Ruperts mouth here? Is this part of the flag? I'm thinking that maybe he injured himself so badly that the injury is the reason why he goes home.

IN the beginning of the CBS promo he said: "I never give up, I never surrender" but maybe this is MB showing that its not true, that he does give up, rather than it look like he got voted out.
This is me, not wanting to see Rupert lose face. Poor Rupert, all that hard work feeding people and all they want to do is get rid of you.

11-14-03, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "My own special theory (Rupert)"
WARNING: Super-long post. Read at your own risk.
----------------------
I like the speculation already posted that this is a team competition with Rupert/Jon beating Burton/Lill in the first heat and Darrah/Tijuana defeating Sandra/Christa in the second. From there I'm going to guess that Rupert takes a nasty fall, leaving Darrah/Tijuana as the victors. That's a big assumption and if you think I'm wrong you can/should stop reading here.

Regarding the team composition
I think it's odd that the teams are in such natural pairings (two Morgans together, two Outcasts together, two Drake men together, two Drake females together). I'm assuming this is by design and the players got to choose the teams. If I were Rupert I would want to be with either Burton or Jon to minimize their chances of screwing me over ("Hey, if I lose, you lose too.") I just don't think it's a coincidence that the teams are paired up this way.

Regarding the challenge/winners
The post from Sucks sounds reasonable enough, if not a little long. Three of the teams have weak links (Lill-slow, Jon-weak, Sandra-slow), so I think Darrah/Tijuana would be highly favored, even if Rupert doesn't fall. There are a few pictures with Rupert looking like he has a flag in his mouth. Plus, he's seen in competition against two different teams. So it's reasonable to conclude that he makes it to the crow's nest at least once. There's a picture of Burton with a flag too, so he and Lill aren't totally blown out of the water, but I still think they lose.

Regarding TC
Assuming T and D win Immunity (MB's wet dream), the Drakes+ need to boot one of their own. Here's who I think are in obvious weak positions:

Burton
Factors against - big immunity threat, booted once before, some lack of trust
Factors for - may have formed sub-alliance with T/D/J/(L)

Lill
Factors against - not a Drake, not a Morgan, already booted once.
Factors for - not an immunity threat, nice person, worker bee

Rupert
Factors against - everyone knows they need to boot him eventually, immunity run likely.
Factors for - timing may not be right yet. Tribe might want to get down to 7 or 6 players so that whatever sub-alliance of 3 or 4 has a certain victory at TC.

Jon
Factors against - ass, untrustworthy
Factors for - may want to keep him around as swing vote or may be in sub-alliance, great f2 opponent.

I don't think Christa or Sandra would be in danger this week. They'll probably not win ICs and can be booted whenever.

Of the four I think are in danger, the obvious picks to me are Burton and Rupert because they're IC threats and might not be bootable at the most convenient time. Lill is probably not in much danger because her vote can be managed by every other tribemate. She's a blade of grass blowing in the wind. Jon I'm undecided on. He's an ass and untrustworthy, but I'm confident there's at least one person out there who wants to go to f2 with him.

So who do you want on the jury?
If you're a Morgan, you'd probably never get a vote from Rupert anyway, so you might as well boot him. Same thing if you're Jon or Burton. That's four people who aren't going to care what Rupert thinks of them. (Well, Burton might try to finesse his way into Rupert's heart, but that's a tricky game to play.)

What about Burton? I have no idea how he'd vote, but he has a nice long list of people who have already booted him off. Would you want to add your name to it? I wouldn't. So I don't see D or T voting for him. I don't see Lill voting for him either. That leaves only four likely votes against him.

Lill? If I'm a Morgan I know I'm not getting her vote. If I'm a Drake, I don't want to alienate her and lose her vote. I want to boot her when I have no choice so she won't vote against me when she's on the jury. (Side note: If Lill ends up being the swing vote on the jury I'm going to kill something.)

Jon? A total wild card on the jury. He might vote based on looks (Darrah) or fear (Rupert) or alphabetically. Who knows. I think this means everyone is willing to boot him.

So with those factors in mind, Rupert and Jon would be reasonable/good choices to send to the jury now.

Summing up
For non-jury strategy, Burton and Rupert are the obvious picks.
For jury strategy, Rupert and Jon are the obvious picks.
For other reasons, Rupert might get hurt and be out of the game.

Rupert made all three lists. He's my top contender for getting booted this week. Jon is my back-up contender, especially since I think he could get a unanimous (safe) boot at TC.

End of post
Hey, if you made it this far, congratulations and thanks for reading. Remember, I've made the bold assumption that D and T win joint immunity. If they lose, my theory is shot all to hell.

-P

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes."
- Bob Hinck

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-17-03, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: My own special theory (Rupert)"
Is there precedence for joint immunity? I don't remember that ever happening on previous survivors.

(I know, I know...what's my point, right? <g>)

--Okaloosajohn

Befuzzled 65 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Befuzzled Click to send private message to Befuzzled Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Support for Blow Dart to be IC"
As VS mentioned - From the CBS teasers Lillian has a slight anxiety attack and from the tv guide One player has an anxiety attack during a reward challenge.

It seems more likely for a challenge involving climbing up a mast-like structure to have a greater probability of causing Lill to have an anxiety attack compared to one in which she just has to blow some darts.

So unless the dart blowing is only a minor part of a much more frightening challenge, I would guess that the race is Reward and Dart Blowing is IC.

As a long shot, she could suck instead of blow, choke on a dart and panic...

11-17-03, 00:38 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Support for Blow Dart to be IC"
I agree with your thinking, but there's a chance that the blow dart challenge requires hitting other people's targets to eliminate them. Maybe Lill hit's Rupert's target with her first shot and goes into panic mode. Just a thought. There's also the chance that CBS is playing free and loose with their Survivor terminology (a la Photo Finish).

-P

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes." - Bob Hinck

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-14-03, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Rupert/MB settlement?"
If Rupert were to be badly injured in this challenge, would MB offer Rupert a slot in S8 as compensation?

I know of course that MB has the players sign a telephone book size waiver before they get to play the game, but still, MB has to be concerned about the possibility of bad PR if a player gets hurt on one of his challenges. Or the possibility that CBS would place "safety measures" in place on future challenges ie. hard hat's, safety harnesses, diet changes, etc...

Mike's injury in S2 was different in that he wasn't injured in a challenge.

Would MB be willing to offer Rupert an S8 slot if he agreed to down play any injuries?

It could explain why he gets voted out next TC. (mercy vote).
It might explain why this is the Rupert show. (MB trying to buy Ruperts goodwill)
And it might explain why S8 was expanded from just players from S1-S4 to players from S1-S7.

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Everyone has one and mine the only one that doesn't stink"
Challenge theory, what did you think I meant?

I don't think that this is paired/teamed competition. I think it is two four person heats, with the top two from each heat continuing to the final heat.

That being said, we see one heat of Rupert/Jon/Burton/Lil and one of Rupert/Jon/Sandra/Tijuana. So the heat we don't see is either Burton/Lil/Christa/Darrah or Sandra/Tijuana/Christa/Darrah. Since one of the Rupert/Jon heats has to be the final heat I am going with the Rupert/Jon/Burton/Lil because if it was a preliminary heat I don't think Jon could beat Burton, much less Lil to advance to the finals.

So, two preliminary heats:
Rupert/Jon/Sandra/Tijuana - Rupert wins, Jon second
Burton/Lil/Christa/Darrah - Burton wins, Lil second (but only because Christa answered D - None of the above and Darrah chose this moment to collect firewood.)

Final heat:
Rupert/Jon/Burton/Lil - Rupert, no Burton, no Bupert, no Rurton

It doesn't really matter because whoever wins will give the REWARD to the other one or Ryan who knows.

Yes, I said reward. I think this is a RC because after a quick peek at past seasons, most challenges that involve heats are for reward. Of course they have already used heats in an IC this season so my theory really holds no water, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So the IC is blowguns. Using the tried and true method of using a one week trend in the promos. Since last week there was two frames showing Rupert at the IC and this week there are three frames showing Lil at the IC, Lil wins immunity!

BTW what happened to Lil's finger? She has an ouchie.

One more thing and then I'll shut up.
CBS says:
Lillian has a slight anxiety attack.
TV Guide says:
One player has an anxiety attack during a Reward Challenge.

I don't think the transitive property applies here.

End of pointless rambling.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 04:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Got sumthn!"
Nutn, you are absolutely correct. Yours doesn't stink.

RC:
3 Heats total, first 2 heats with 4 players each heat vying for the top 2 spots, Winners of first 2 heats (2 from each) compete in final heat. Which seems to be the Jon / Rupert / Lil / Burton pics. Burton looks to be taking a big lead. No guarantee Burton will win, yet if he does he will probably give it to Rupert and Visaversa should Rupert win.

IC:
Blowguns;
I think that the blowgun portion is probably only 1 of say 4 different apparatus they will use to shoot targets. Like knife throwing, spear chucking and bow-n-arrow. I betcha, that the blowdarts may even be the final stage of the IC, with Lil and one other person "who acts selflessly" in the final round.
IC winner, Lil, by default.

About Lil's finger, I noticed that too. However I also remember that many times in the past, survivors would all of a sudden have injuries that never got shown. "Too Many Injuries, Too Little Time". Obviously not a big enough problem to keep her from competing in challenges.

tribephyl

Hey Nutn, frankly, I think your nic serves you no justice. You have repeatedly shown you have something. Each post, I find myself strangely satiated and yet longing for more. Great job and welcome to the boards, again. I'm glad you've stayed.

11-15-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Got sumthn!"
Thanks Phyl
I picked the nic because as far as spoiling goes; I don't have an Uncle Camerman, I don't live next door ti Tijuana, and my best friend's brother's girlfriend's neighbor isn't Andrew's podiatrist.
I don't have any hidden secret knowledge just a keen eye and a cynical mind and way too much time on my hands.

11-17-03, 00:45 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Everyone has one and mine the only one that doesn't stink"
Hmmm...I really, really like your speculation. The only tiny little hole I want to poke in it is that I think the challenge we're seeing is awfully complex/long for a mere reward.

Now, I haven't watched every episode of every season, but this challenge is reminding me of the 2nd to last IC in Australia where they had to cruise through some crazy obstacle course, gather stuff to make a fire, and then, at the end, make that damn fire (Colby wins!).

Speaking of heats, they had heats in the first individual IC (keel-hauling) and the first individual reward (slingshots) this year, so I don't think we're able to identify a trend yet.

But anyway, your overall assessment is excellent. I must ponder this.

-P

11-17-03, 09:46 AM (EST)
42. "I hate it when I am wrong"
But I think I am right, too.

After looking at the Footbal/Golf Promos, I think I am wrong about the RC not being teamed. We see Sandra and Tijuana together at the top of the sail slide with an open slide beside them. I don't think Sandra would wait if they weren't working together.

We also see Rupert and Jon working together on the rope swing.

But the reason I think I am right is the voice over on the golf promo:
VO: The suspense keeps building on Survivor.
First, a grueling Reward Challenge that will lead to adventure on the high seas.
Plus an Immunity competition where it's kill or be killed.

SnowBunny 79 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBunny Click to send private message to SnowBunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Winning Team?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-03 AT 00:21 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-15-03 AT 00:14 AM (EST)

Edited to add: I am leaning toward a teams challenge because the challenge course appears to be a big one and I think we usually see partners in the longer obstacle courses. (ie Colby tossing Jerri over the wall, Brandon and his madman, etc)

I am stuck on the timeline or breakdown of the possible heats and final.

In the vidcaps above, we see Rupert participating twice in the challenge. Once with Jon versus Sandra and Tijuana (in the caps where he appears to fall off the netting) and once with Jon versus Burton and Lil (in the caps where they are starting their climb up the netting).

Scenario 1:
- Jon/Rupert beat Lil/Burton in Heat #1 when Lil has an anxiety attack.
- Sandra/Tijuana would have had to beat Christa/Darrah in Heat #2 in order for the Jon/Rupert vs Sandra/Tijuana final
- Then Rupert falls and is injured, which gives Sandra/Tijuana a win?

I have a lot of trouble believing that Sandra could possibly win a challenge of this sort, given that she sat out every other challenge in the first 6 episodes. It's been made clear that she and her tribe do not consider her to be up for a strength/stamina/speed competition.

I suspect that the Rupert spill on the netting may be absolutely recoverable against Sandra. This would give Rupert/Jon the win.

However, scenario 2 may have the timeline as the following:
- Rupert/Jon may beat Sandra/Tijuana in Heat #1 despite Rupert's fall.
- Burton/Lil beat Christa/Darrah in Heat #2 despite Lil's fears.
- Rupert/Jon face off against Burton/Lil in the final.

For this to happen, Lil's anxiety attack AND Rupert's fall would have to be less than spectacular. Or, Lil's breakdown doesn't happen until the final round.

11-16-03, 02:15 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Winning Team?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-03 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

Figure I'd add the few other challenge pics here:

It really seems like a paired challenge, why would Sandra/Tij be going down the same slide when there is an empty one then? And it looks like Sandra is trying to grab something there before going down. I don't see anyting but that black thing to grab but we do have that pic of Rupert with that white thing in his mouth. Questio now is S/T going down slide before or after R/J?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-16-03, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Rupert Wins?"
VolcanicGlass at Phoenix posted some great new vidcaps from the golf promo...which included this:

"First, a grueling Reward Challenge that will lead to adventure on the high seas."

The Reward is probably a snorkeling trip or something like it that could be considered "adventure on the high seas". This is probably where Rupert has his encounter with the shark.

So, we can conclude that Rupert participates in the reward in some fashion...

Rupert either wins the RC with Jon or wins it individually, after he and Jon (the winning pair) face off to see who wins reward. Rupert probably wins and gives it away selflessly, at which point JP probably rewards Rupert for his selflessness and allows him to go along with Jon anyway.

Krautboy

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-03, 03:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Not unless there are 2 sharks..."
We saw the shark in the "Next time on Survivor..." at the end of the last episode. Rupert saw it while fishing and wanted to catch and eat it. It's a White-Tipped Reef Shark.

And, I'll go on record as predicting that Rupert does NOT catch the shark.

---
UDG

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Godd3ss Click to send private message to Godd3ss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Shark wrangling"
I will second that vote. There is no way that the spear would penetrate the skin of a shark - I have dissected those in Bio class and man they are tough. Also those things can be vicious and I wouldnt want to be on the losing end of that spear!

Holiday 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-16-03, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Holiday Click to send private message to Holiday Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Does Jon get hurt?"
I wonder if Jon is the one who gets hurt and this is what JP is referring to when he says "once he's down you start rooting for him to get back up". ???

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-16-03, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Does Jon get hurt?"
The spoiler that states a man gets hurt is referring to the RC for the car/SUV, which usually happens EP11 or EP12.

No one gets hurt this week...

Krautboy

11-17-03, 07:59 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Does Jon get hurt?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-03 AT 08:21 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-17-03 AT 08:00 AM (EST)

More pics

Also the shot which I had posted above where it appears that Sandra is grabbing at something. Speculation is that it is binoculars or something like that.

Quick question did Lil have a bandaged finger PRIOR to this episode? Perhaps her slight anxiety attack caused her to hurt herself which is why her finger is bandaged in the IC challenge. The dart board itself isn't moving I don't think because of the fact that Rupert and Lillian when shooting, the colors are in same position.

It says Kill or be Killed from Phoenix. If this is like a dart competition, hit someone else's color or hit your own? Closer to the center is better?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •