The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
Last night, everyone that had a chance gave Ryan their coconut until he was gone, then they went to Darrah and Tijuana, then to others (can't remember exactly if Darrah went third, or fourth after someone else). A la the Rotu 4, were we seeing a planned boot order byt the Drakes plus Lill?

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 buckeyegirl 11-14-03 1
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 mistofleas 11-14-03 2
       RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 buckeyegirl 11-14-03 3
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 nailbone 11-14-03 6
       RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 KeithFan 11-14-03 22
 RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 Blow by Blow 11-14-03 4
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 nailbone 11-14-03 7
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 GuessItRains 11-14-03 10
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 Loree 11-14-03 15
       RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 nailbone 11-14-03 16
 RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 KObrien_fan 11-14-03 5
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 nailbone 11-14-03 8
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 mtopaz 11-14-03 11
       RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 Loree 11-14-03 17
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 Blow by Blow 11-14-03 21
 RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 zzz 11-14-03 9
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 Brownroach 11-14-03 12
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 I_AM_HE 11-14-03 13
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 tamarama 11-14-03 14
       RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 VerucaSalt 11-14-03 18
           RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 tamarama 11-14-03 20
   RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 JazzyJax 11-14-03 19
       RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 Loquatrix 11-15-03 23
       RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4 bris 11-15-03 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
Nailbone, I was thinking the same thing as I watched the coconut challenge last night. I think that they are in the order of being booted, except for Rupert. Someone mentioned in another thresd that Rupert was left for last because neither side wanted to reveal their strategy of wanting him to go next~which I agree with. I think that Burton seems to be in charge in the boot order...Lil's strategy of not going after Burton was Brillant.

--needs more coffee even though it's almost lunch time

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
Lil's strategy of not going after Burton was Brillant.

You do need more coffee honey, don't you mean Lil's strategy of going after Burton?

--gets buckeyegirl a double latte

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
--Misto, as always you're correct.

~Gulps down Misto's double latte....

11-14-03, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
I agree with the corrected version. Although the excuse she used was lame, I thought that was a nice move on Lill's part.

Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
I don't think she was a very good bluffer. I kept expecting one of the Monty Python cast to come out and say "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know-what-I-mean, know-what-I-mean". I wouldn't mind playing a few hands of poker with this woman.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-14-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
Let me just say, and I'm sure others have said it elsewhere, that type of IC really blows. It's essentially a pre-TC TC. With nine players left in the game, it's really easy to beat up the person you want to eliminate at TC. It only took two rounds of questions to axe Ryan. MB and JP should have saved everyone the trouble and just handed Rupe the sword and told everyone to go to TC. What a waste of time.

Well, I guess it was amusing to see them blow easy answers like pieces of eight and keel-hauling.

-P

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes." - Bob Hinck

11-14-03, 12:31 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
I guess MB wanted to see if this bunch would play it differently than the Rotu 4. You don't HAVE to eliminate the next bootee first. But it does seem like no one has figured that out yet.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-14-03, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
Ya know I've never had too much of a problem with this IC. I think it's pretty great in showing people's hands and tends to stir up a lot of trouble/emotions around camp. Heck, in Marquesas it literally did cause Neleh and Paschal to wake up and save themselves. True, it gave Ryan no chance to win, but who really thinks Ryan would have won 2-3 immunity challenges in a row? Burton and Rupert toasted him in the physical challenges, and I can assure you he wouldn't have won a logic contest.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
I hate this IC too. It happened to Dave in the Amazon also. I like to see an IC that anyone that feels vulnerable at least has a chance to save themselves. But if you are the target you may as well just march off to TC because you can't save yourself and the person who doesn't need immunity always ends up with it. It's a waste. Christa stood there and got every answer wrong so she wouldn't have to target anyone. What if they all did that?

11-14-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
There'd be guys like Burton that are too competetive to let that happen.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
I agree with you Bone, this was very reminiscent of Marquesas in that regard. It also did not save the Rob Fatha then, who could not convince KO, Neleh, Pascal, Vee and Sean to team up and bust up the Rotu alliance. If you recall, they did not get together for alliance busting until the next episode...

I think something very similar happens here. Rhino understood he was next, he tried to get the minority alliances together to outnumber the core Drakies, but instead met his fate. However, next week is when D and Ti will join hands with the outcasts and a castout (little Jonny Fairplay) to oust the heart and soul of the Drake alliance.

It also seems to me, that some players just didn't want to tip their hand at this challenge. In the Marquesas during the coconut chop, I felt that the questions were easy enough that KO should have known all the answers, she had proven to me to be intelligent, yet she got most of the answers wrong and was quickly slashed out of the challenge. I have always believed this to be intentional ignorance since she saw that Rotu was tipping their hand, and she didn't want to step on any toes by chopping coconuts, not to mention that she felt safe from that weeks vote.

The question now is, did Christa also do the same? She answered D on one question that didn't even have D as an option, and she missed several very easy questions. If she felt safe in her position and knew she didn't need the immunity, then why not answer the questions wrong and not have to show anybody which way she may be leaning?

11-14-03, 12:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
I thought that about Christa, too, especially when she missed that "pirate's treasure" question when there was a "pieces of eight" question earlier that basically gave the answer to the later question.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-14-03, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
The question now is, did Christa also do the same? She answered D on one question that didn't even have D as an option, and she missed several very easy questions.

I was thinking the same thing, especially when she turned "D" around for a question with only 3 responses. Christa is not ditzy by any means, so I felt that was an obvious intentional mistake.

I had to laugh at Lil's going after Burton - because he did all the talking at their breakfast? I guess she doesn't have a lot of experience thinking up lies - she should have asked Jon for some tips before heading into the immunity challenge!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
Lil is a lousy liar. She is the type that talks too much when she lies. Everyone knows the less you say, the better.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-14-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
Gee am I dumb. It didn't even occur to me that people would blow their answers. (Must go buy some more brain cells.)
-P

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes." - Bob Hinck

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
>Last night, everyone that had a
>chance gave Ryan their coconut
>until he was gone, then
>they went to Darrah and
>Tijuana, then to others (can't
>remember exactly if Darrah went
>third, or fourth after someone
>else). A la the
>Rotu 4, were we seeing
>a planned boot order byt
>the Drakes plus Lill?
>
>
I think the key here is that unlike Rotu 4, not everyone meant it this time. The most obvious, which has been pointed out, is Lil going after Burton. More subtle, however, is the people who went after Darrah and Tijuana, knowing they were not their primary targets next, just to keep up the illusion of being on board with the Drake+1 strategy. I don't remember exactly, but I believe that one or more of Burton and Jon went after Darrah or Tijuana, even though they already have the intent to go after Rupert next and bring D and T into their alliance.

Thus, they learned the lesson of the Rotu 4. If you have a public alliance, no big deal to reveal it, so everyone could feel safe going after Ryan and D and T. But if you have any hidden alliance, you better not let it show. They could have made that mistake and they did not.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
JP also told them ahead of time that the challenge was designed to reveal your standing in the tribe. I agree that everyone was on their toes, accordingly. Poor Rhino, there was nothing he could do, LOL.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
agree, but even if they DID mean it, it was not the same as the rotu 4, because they have the majority, so the ex-morgans can't do ANYTHING about it

of course it looks like they will, with J/B/L helping to vote off Rupert, but I think they're playing their hand a week early, since even Sandra and Christa know they need to vote him off

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-14-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
>>Thus, they learned the lesson of the Rotu 4. If you have a public alliance, no big deal to reveal it, so everyone could feel safe going after Ryan and D and T.<<

This is what I saw. At the time I was thinking "Oh well, they've figured it out -- this is meaningless info." MB better find a way to better disguise this challenge in the future.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-14-03, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"

Actually in looking over the order of how people did it, they were a WHOLE lot smarter in this chop fest. Chopping Rupert would have taken a lot of finesse here and give credit where it is due, Jon said blindsiding Rupert is the way to go.

Rupert for all that it appears he is blindly loyal to his people is no dummy so they HAVE to blindside him. Rupert's chopping was the most "innocent" if you will of them all. He went I believe, almost down his boot list with Christa as the last person.

Lillian and Burton made very smart moves by showing Drake (Rupert most of all because he was the one that it appeared some of them were doing this for) they were in their camp (mainly Rupert's camp) by giving Ryan that coconut (as he was the intended boot) and Lillian gave Burton two naturally to offset any questions people may have that they have a ghost alliance. She also gave one to Jon but Jon knows that Burton/Lillian and Jon are grouped together.

Burton handed one off to Jon (recall Rupert mentioning Jon as the Drake to go before Burton) but Jon knows that he and Burton are in the same alliance so Jon would think nothing of it. He also gave (I believe) to Darrah and Tijuana which makes perfect sense as they are both in Morgan.

Sandra and Jon were interesting in that they were coconuting each other but I think possibly both of them recognize something with each other. I still go back to Sandra being there for the Trish conversation and Jon and Sandra being alone while B/C/R went for a walk. While I don't believe they like each other or even are on the same side, they both however, appear to be the type of player who would have no problem hooking up with someone they dislike if only to get further ahead. Sandra and Jon worked on chopping each other (potential stalemate), although I’m inclined to think that Sandra would swing Jon’s way if it meant her survival. She did say she would keep him around if necessary.

I have to say that was probably the most diplomatic and even keeled challenge of that type. I think the strategies that may have been invoked (unless I'm giving them too much credit) were in actuality, pretty darn smart.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-14-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-03 AT 04:19 PM (EST)

>>Actually in looking over the order of how people did it, they were a WHOLE lot smarter in this chop fest.<<

That's exactly what I mean -- they were aware of what was going on, so they all put on a big show for each other (I agree about Rup being most 'innocent', and Lil's show didn't fool anyone, I'm sure).

But I assume that EPMB threw this in to trip people up & have them reveal strategies -- and I kinda missed that. They were all too careful, they knew this was coming and what it could mean.

I'd just like to see a big "Oh Schmidt" moment after a tricky IC.

edited for spelling because I haven't had my nap today.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-03 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

Boy you guys are good, I can't remember all the technical details of Rotu

When I first saw Darrah and Tij head for Ryan I thought for sure a ladies-only alliance was underway. But I've also noticed spec where Darrah may have told Tij that Andrew and Ryan may have wanted to exclude her from an alliance. Either way, Ryan knew something was up when he asked them to help make deals, the three were were obviously on the outs prior to TC.

Now the question is was Christa's talk of "not promising anyone anything" in the game a hint at whatever the ladies-only discussion was, or was it a precursor to taking out Rupert? If so, why was she left out of next week's gang-of-five deal going on? That would be pretty clever to mislead Christa that way but I am also suspicious about the way she answered the questions.

I wonder if Sandra heard Jon and Burton talking in the bushes prior to this week's TC? She seemed pretty po'd at Jon for something...or she could have been roleplaying as many think...

so darn confusing!

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-03, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
>I wonder if Sandra heard Jon
>and Burton talking in the
>bushes prior to this week's
>TC? She seemed pretty
>po'd at Jon for something...or
>she could have been roleplaying
>as many think...

She has to be roleplaying. There's a serious mind at work behind that street Latin chick facade. There's no way flipping the bird behind Jon's back is a spontaneous expression of her real attitude toward him; she just would not give away that much "real" information. That's roleplay.

Sandra and Jon could go a long way together and I think they both realize that. I like the game each of them appears (to me) to be playing.

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-03, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Drake plus vs. Rotu 4"
I think Darrah was out second!!!! I also think it was only Ti was went for Ryan O Darrah went after Christa!!!!!!!
Also can this mean that Darrah is the Morgan that is in trouble of being voted off from the Drakes being she was out so quick. But she does not ge b/c of teh new allience. I also want to say ever since S4 this immunity has been the second IC in every season sice S4!!!!1

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •