The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-03, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
Having trouble sleeping, Rupert finds a spot on a log near camp and has a heart-to-heart chat with a faraway loved one.

A trip to fetch water becomes an opportunity for one pair, with questionable fates, to hatch a new plan and turn the tide in their favor. Will their powers of persuasion work?

Lillian has a slight anxiety attack.

One castaway gives selflessly to another.

Official OT lifeguard - Let's keep things PG-13, people.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... I_AM_HE 11-14-03 1
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... LookeeLoo 11-14-03 3
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... Brownroach 11-14-03 11
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... Befuzzled 11-14-03 2
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... frisky 11-14-03 4
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... TeamJoisey 11-14-03 5
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... VerucaSalt 11-14-03 6
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... jkokoj 11-14-03 7
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... ExInterper 11-14-03 16
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... Loree 11-14-03 17
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... samboohoo 11-17-03 19
 Is it just me? anninvt2002 11-14-03 8
   RE: Is it just me? 1derfool 11-14-03 9
       RE: Is it just me? pmspml5 11-14-03 10
           RE: Is it just me? Brownroach 11-14-03 12
           RE: Is it just me? colleenwannabe 11-14-03 14
               RE: Is it just me? Thaibeach 11-17-03 22
           RE: Is it just me? Oscirus 11-14-03 15
       RE: Is it just me? anninvt2002 11-14-03 13
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimm... pdragonfly 11-14-03 18
   personally, cqvenus 11-17-03 20
       TDT FesterFan1 11-17-03 21
           RE: TDT Joanie 11-18-03 23
 Double Meaning "Swimming with Shark... volsfan 11-20-03 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""

speculation: Rupert is the likely candidate for selfless giving. Lillian is "afraid" that she is going, and Rupert gives her immunity, thus allowing L/B/J/T/D to vote him out?

ties in with Lillian's regret...must say i don't like the way she is allowing Burton et al. to manipulate her into getting the negative attention, not too smart

or Lil could turn again and force a tie between Rupert and Tijuana (?)...

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-14-03, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
HE, agree Rups is a likely candidate for selfless giving. Also agree about Lil agreeing to play "bad cop" is a bad idea.

OMG! are we back to the biggest regret again? Do we go with JP perception of BR, which would be "the quitter"? Or do we go with a personal regret, like Lil going against Rups?

Would we feel Lil would have "the biggest regret" if her strategy would take her to at least F2? I'm not sure, but I do believe this may cause the "anxiety".

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
Do we go with JP perception of BR, which would be "the quitter"?

JP thinks I'm a quitter? I'll have to have words with him about that.

I doubt this thing with Lillian is a new candidate for JP's big regret. So she does something in the game that causes her anxiety and maybe a little regret later in the game. It's not like that's never happened before in Survivor. And it's not baggage she'd carry around forever, which JP was eager to prophesy about the regret and fits Wussten much better.

Befuzzled 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-03, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Befuzzled Click to send private message to Befuzzled Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""

Ties into the tv guide E9 description: One player has an anxiety attack during a reward challenge

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
Is this the family visit episode? Rupie sitting on a log pouring his heart out to a "faraway" loved one would be a perfect MB-style sappy lead-in to the family visit.

If family visit happens at RC, and Lil has an anxiety attack at RC, maybe the unexpected sight of Lonny is just too much for her.

If castaways have the option of giving up their reward at all RC's, maybe someone wins a conjugal visit with their loved one, but selflessly passes the reward on to someone else. I could see Burton doing this since he has Mom and the others have spouses.

(By the way, what the hell is a slight anxiety attack? I used to have anxiety attacks, and there ain't nothing "slight" about them, thank you very much)

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-14-03, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
Based on the filming dates and the plane schedule, I think it has been shown that this is NOT the family visit episode. That will happen in the following episode. Rupert's long distance chat is probably ironic foreshadowing. the families are coming to visit, but Rupie will be gone.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-14-03, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""

A trip to fetch water becomes an opportunity for one pair, with questionable fates, to hatch a new plan and turn the tide in their favor. Will their powers of persuasion work?

See this is strange to me. If this is referring to Jon and Lillian there is a new plan being discussed to turn the tide in their favor. Now while I'm not sure that this teasers refers to Jon and Lillian, how could Lillian be upset with this involving Rupert. Booting Rupert is not a new plan?

The only conclusions I've come up with so far are either they aren't the two people so her being upset could be very trivial or Jon discusses with Lillian about voting off Burton. We all know Jon has several tricks up his sleeve at the same time. Should Rupert win immunity again, he must have a back up plan. Could this be his discussing with Lillian that it is in their best interest to think about getting rid of Burton? Rupert does NOT know of the mutiny being planned; Rupert thinks Lillian is a good scout and notice how Rupert told Jon that Burton better not cross him. Despite Jon's untrustworthiness, Rupert still said that to Jon.

They have to consider alternatives if Rupert wins immunity and while they could also easily take out Christa or Sandra, Jon does want the big guns gone. Other than Lillian just feeling like a terrible person in getting rid of Rupert; the only other explanation if the plan is "hatched" by Jon and Lillian is that Lillian would feel terrible by going with the back up plan of booting out Burton.

This of course is also the classic misdirection we all know and hate so much.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-14-03, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
Is anyone else curious about how Jon and Sandra treated eachother last night. They are being shown to be sort of "enemies". Maybe Jon is the true puppemaster and is with Sandra and Christa. Sandra and Christa decided to let Jon do all the manipulating and be the fall guy.

Also, I am disgusted with Lil. Her wishy washy behavior is pathetic. At this point this lady does not deserve to win this game. She has done nothing to better herself, whine whine whine. Blech!

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-03, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
Or this could just be another case of overemphasis on something that never makes it to the actual episode, a la the "couple that goes off alone and makes people wonder" from Ep3 (I think.)

ExI
"Let's hope Osten doesn't smoke. He might decide to quit breathing." - Jims02, Ep 7a Summary

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
Maybe it is just Darrah and T going for water. They have to worry their fates are questionable since the ex-Morgans seem to be the targets. So they agree to team up with Lil or Burton or Jon. Whichever it is that approaches them to join the 5 to boot Rupert. Didn't Burton ask Lil to rally Darrah and T? They probably discuss whether to trust Lil after she turned on their tribe.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-03, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
Agree Loree, especially with Christa calling them out this past week.

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Is it just me?"
Is it just me or does Rupert's demise next week seem all to convenient and call it Lex's gut but mine is telling me things are not as they seem. I watched Ryno this a.m. on SeeBS and for a guy who knows the final two and four, he certainly disliked Lil and noticably absent was any comment about the other ghost, Burton. I also, if Snewsers score card is listed by the why he thinks they finish, he still has Rupert in 4th place. Any thoughts?

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-14-03, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is it just me?"
> Snewsers score card is listed by the why he thinks they
> finish, he still has Rupert in 4th place. Any thoughts?

A friend and I were talking last night about how much Rupert will be missed if he gets voted off next week. We came up with a possible way for him to be safe, and still work in the spoiler of his wife leaving before the other relatives.

If Rupert were to win the IC again next episode, he'd be around for the family visit. The last couple of episodes we've seen challenge winners forfeit their prize and pass it on to someone else. What if Rupert wins the family reward, and passes it to the others? Last season Matt won, and gave it up so the others could get some time with their families. For his good deed, Matt got to spend a nice visit with his Mother, away from the maddening crowd. What if Rupert thought the same way - pass on a short visit in exchange get a longer visit with his wife? Throw in another of the infamous twists so common this season - he doesn't get a bigger reward as expected, he gets no time at all with his wife. Everyone enjoys the visit, he gets nothing, his wife can leave earlier than the rest. It might even be a generous enough gesture for him to be safe at the next TC if he doesn't win the IC.

I realize this theory is really pushing it, but I'm grasping at any straw to have Rupert stay to the F3.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is it just me?"
Rupert was not asked if he wanted to give up Immunity last night - He was only asked if he wanted to give up the Reward. Maybe that was edited out but I doubt it.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Is it just me?"
I'm sure they always have the option of giving away immunity, but JP may remind them of that selectively at TC. So it could have been edited out, or maybe JP conveniently "forgot" to ask Rupert.

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-14-03, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail colleenwannabe Click to send private message to colleenwannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is it just me?"
I have a hunch that Rupert was given the chance to give up immunity, but it was edited out. In past seasons where this was an option, it has not always been shown, but the survivors have mentioned that this did happen. I believe that happened in the Amazon season.

Also, MB may not want to show Rupert not being generous. He is really pushing the images of Rupert's selflessness, and Rupert's not giving up immunity would ruin that.

I believe that Rupert's generosity will extend into the next episode. He probably does give up his reward.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-17-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Is it just me?"

I may be grasping at straws here b/c I don't want Rupe to go so soon, but...

...What if Lillian is the one who "gives selflessly"? She's aware of, and ostensibly in on, the plot with B/J/T/D to get rid of Rupert.

Lillian could "give selflessly " in 2 ways, either by winning immunity (which is possible if it's a dart-throwing challenge - she had pretty good aim w/the slingshot)and giving it to Rupert, or by voting with R-S-C and forcing a tie, leading to an "unexpected" boot. (Too bad it probably won't be Lil herself! Maybe Jonny ****head or Dull Darrah. I can dream.)

...in denial that Rupert is going this week

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-14-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Is it just me?"
alot of people are paying attention to Jeff not askin Rupert about giving up immunity means nothing Jeff probably just made an assumption like he did in s6 when Jenna had to tell him to wait up at the tc she gave her immunity to Heidi.

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is it just me?"
I like this too, because I too am grasping at the PLEASE keep Rupert in the game straw. According to TDT's calander, the Ep. 9 RC challenge takes place on the 18th of July. Family rewards would take place during the RC. The loved ones didnt apparently arrive until the 20th. Still trying to overcome my gut that not is all as it seems.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-14-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 9 "Swimming with Sharks""
If you listen to the preview (just watched it at CBS) during the statment: Survival of the Fittest - Burton, Lil and Sandra's pics appear. Final 3? I hope so.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-03, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "personally,"
I think Rupert is the bearded man.

Can someone remind me why Rupert isn't the bearded man? Because the family flight manifest spoilers are crap, so I hope that isn't the reason.

- bye bye Burton. 11/20/03.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "TDT"
TDT and Phoenix received a "tip" that Rupert goes in E9, but I've seen him hedge on Sucks that said "tip" isn't 100%.

Snewser is non-committal with ol' Blackbeard.

Fester

Joanie 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-18-03, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joanie Click to send private message to Joanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: TDT"
bump

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Double Meaning "Swimming with Sharks"?"
This season we have seen MB use the title of the episode to have double meaning. Well, we have seen Rupert literally swimming with a shark for this episode...and last week we saw the sharks surrounding the boat! Rupert is literally and figuratively swimming with sharks!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •