The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Staying out of the limelight....."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ryan_from_canada 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-08-03, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ryan_from_canada Click to send private message to ryan_from_canada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Staying out of the limelight....."
I'm putting this idea here cuz I don't want it on the main forum....

The winner of this game is going to be one who can distance him/herself from the dynamics of the newly formed Balboa tribe.

Keeping a low profile is going to be critical I think.

If a player can avoid all the hoopla around Jon, avoid creating unstable alliances (or joining them!) and keep a positive attitude (even if they don't win any IC's--- I don't think they even need to win any) then they can go to the end, and if not, very close.

The two players I have in mind here are Ryan Opray and Tijuana. Both seem to fit this bill.

Also, watch for Lil, who is certainly a controversial player but also has the situation right to go far.

Let's see how this unfolds, but the dark horse I think is Ryan Opray.

***RYAN W.***

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Staying out of the limelight...... KeithFan 11-08-03 1
   RE: Staying out of the limelight...... ryan_from_canada 11-08-03 2
       RE: Staying out of the limelight...... pdragonfly 11-09-03 3
           RE: Staying out of the limelight...... KeithFan 11-09-03 4
           RE: Staying out of the limelight...... ryan_from_canada 11-09-03 8
 RE: Staying out of the limelight...... benjapol 11-09-03 5
   RE: Staying out of the limelight...... pdragonfly 11-09-03 6
       RE: Staying out of the limelight...... ryan_from_canada 11-09-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Staying out of the limelight....."
I would be less upset with a RyanO victory than say a Jenna win. But I think to be realistic, RO is as a dark of horse for S7 champ as Al Sharpton presidency in '04.

11-08-03, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ryan_from_canada Click to send private message to ryan_from_canada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Staying out of the limelight....."
Well, I'm Canadian and am not really up on Al Sharpton, but my ex knows about him and told me he has no chance..... (this from an ex city councillor!) But do you really think that Ryan O. has no chance as well? Hmmmmm..... I think Ryan O. is stronger than that, and could take the whole thing.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Ryan

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-09-03, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Staying out of the limelight....."
Its true that one has to fly a little under the radar, but here are some reasons why that won't work for Ryan.

1. He's a guy - and typically the tribe votes the guys out once there's a merge (Andrew being a good example). The threats go first.
2. He's on the minority tribe - Morgan. Unless someone suddenly becomes more annoying, he'll be the NEXT to go because he's a guy on the Morgan team.
3. He doesn't have any value to the tribe, if they really were stuck on an island they'd probably eat him. The guy can't even fish.

That being said, I personally love the guys voice. Makes me weak in the knees each time I hear it. I'll be sorry to see him go.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-03, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Staying out of the limelight....."
Yes, didn't he finish as the highest Moron in the first IIC?

11-09-03, 02:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Staying out of the limelight....."
>Its true that one has to
>fly a little under the
>radar, but here are some
>reasons why that won't work
>for Ryan.
>
>
>1. He's a guy - and
>typically the tribe votes the
>guys out once there's a
>merge (Andrew being a good
>example). The threats go
>first.

*** OK, but if you feel he doesn't add any value to the tribe, then how is he a threat? He probably won't win any IICs, and if he DOES keep a low profile he can't really hurt anyone.

>2. He's on the minority tribe
>- Morgan. Unless someone
>suddenly becomes more annoying, he'll
>be the NEXT to go
>because he's a guy on
>the Morgan team.

*** That will only happen if the gals gang up on the guys, but it is a possibility! About someone becoming more annoying-- well, noone in my survivor office clique likes Darrah, they think she is annoying and we feel that if she doesn't keep a low profile she's dead in the water thus making Rhino's position stronger and it much harder for the gals to get him.

>3. He doesn't have any value
>to the tribe, if they
>really were stuck on an
>island they'd probably eat him.
> The guy can't even
>fish.

*** Yep, but if Rupe gets burned, then he'll have to step up to the plate. He's very strong, attractive and if he can fill the gap after Rupe goes, he's in good shape.
>
>That being said, I personally love
>the guys voice. Makes
>me weak in the knees
>each time I hear it.
> I'll be sorry to
>see him go.

*** You'll hear him for a while longer I think. And yes, he probably has the best sex appeal of anyone left in this game (even Burton.)
>
>

benjapol 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-09-03, 04:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail benjapol Click to send private message to benjapol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Staying out of the limelight....."
Darrah is the real under-the-radar player.
Even though Rhino is under the radar, he won't win just because he's a guy. He'll be a bigger target anyway. But I think he's the best player this season. If only there hadn't been a resurrection twist, he would have won.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-09-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Staying out of the limelight....."
While I do agree that Darrah is the real under the radar player, I'd also say that she's in the minority team right now, so unless alliances break apart - like Rupert being gone so there is no 3 some (S, C and R)- then she doesn't have a prayer and will be voted off 3 or 4 weeks from now depending on whether T or her goes first.

That being said. Drake has a history of jumping out of the gate too soon, so voting off Rupert may be just as bad an idea as when they voted off Burton. Turn Karmic wheel turn

11-09-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Staying out of the limelight....."
Yes, the Drakes DO have a history of shooting first and asking questions later, so where do things go if they can Rupe?

Well, I suppose this would help Rhino provided he remembers enough of what Rupe taught him during his stint on Morgan....then he'd be a useful contributor to the team while still being able to fly under the radar (ie stay out of the inevitable controversy that's going to develop!)

But is that enough for him to win the whole thing? I hope so, as he's my guy in the office pool.

It would hurt though if the gals gang up and systematically destroy the guys (not exactly an impossibility at some point)...

Heck, there's still a long way to go and at this point it seems that anything could happen, but go Rhino go!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •